PDA

View Full Version : How long do you think until Drew McIntyre is future endeavoured?

The Naitch
12-08-2010, 11:26 PM
It seems like they don't have anything for him. Midcard hell bound. I don't think he'd be the type that would ask for his release, and most likely he wants to stay. I can see him get the Koslov treatment (after an initial main event push as a serious character, they might go the comedic route and have him be fodder a la Koslov/Santino)

So what does the future hold for The Chosen One? Is Tiffany still employed?

MoFo
12-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Dunno, liked that mini-run as a team with Cody. But looking at spoilers for Smackdown hes not really doing much now. I think the commentary have stopped putting over 'the chosen one' line as well now, so his push has fizzled out.

Wouldnt be surprised if he was in the post-Wrestlemania batch of releases.

CSL
12-08-2010, 11:30 PM
I don't see him going anywhere yet. And long may that be the case.

SOCCER LEGS
12-08-2010, 11:37 PM
he doesnt' have the comedic timing to be used in a comedy angle.

only thing he has going for him is his theme music is pretty sweet.

for a guy who looks pretty physicall equipped, he's very bland in the ring.

The Naitch
12-08-2010, 11:39 PM
I remember Billy Corgan praising Drew's theme song, as the best theme in wrestling today, something along those lines

He's got the look. I don't think it really matters that he's bland in the ring. He just needs some personality. He'd benefit by having a mouthpiece and/or valet

Mr. C
12-08-2010, 11:43 PM
It seems like Drew McIntyre’s days may be done, because who’s he going to feud with? I don’t know where McIntyre could fit in and make an impact (no pun), or they can have a feud between Dolph Ziggler and McIntyre and try to turn him face.

Schlomey
12-08-2010, 11:43 PM
went from being bored to tears by him to really enjoying hiim. I loved the Dashing Duo it's a shame they shit on tag team wrestling because they were an enjoyable pair.

I will assume he is this years Kofi Kingston. Meaning mild pushes and then forgotten only to be thrown into high profile matches like he belonged there.

The Naitch
12-08-2010, 11:44 PM
I'd laugh if they put him together with Brian Kendrick. Kendrick looks exactly like him

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_7WTfNI0sGR0/R070w1tL_sI/AAAAAAAACfo/46Mb09hvX2o/drew+3.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/wwefanzone/Spanky.jpg

LuigiD
12-08-2010, 11:45 PM
I don't know...WWE always catch me off guard. I remember that stretch of time when I thought Swagger was going to get the future endeavor treatment and then boom..wins money in the bank.

The Naitch
12-08-2010, 11:49 PM
I think they're still behind him since he got that double count out with Big Zere in the KOR tournament. He never lost or anything. It made both of them look good

Testicle
12-09-2010, 12:40 AM
HHH has a boner for him, so I doubt he is going anywhere. With that said, he sucks a dick and needs to go.

Rammsteinmad
12-09-2010, 12:51 AM
He should cut his hair, long hair doesn't suit him.

He should also learn how to wrestle.

Sixx
12-09-2010, 02:25 AM
Yeah, I can see him going down the comedy route.

As a hilariously angry guy.

Cool King
12-09-2010, 05:18 AM
Tiffany was released three weeks ago.

At the moment, I can't see anything happening with McIntrye. I think if he's not in any serious angle after the Royal Rumble, then I can really see him being released after WrestleMania.

I think the fight between him and Tiffany really hurt him, as it was after that, that his push started to dwindle down to nothing. I think the whole McIntyre/Rhodes thing was just the writers "testing the water" to see if they should be a tag team or not. I liked them as a team but I think Rhodes is better off in singles competition at the moment.

Tommy Gunn
12-09-2010, 07:56 AM
He has a DDT as a finisher, he's generic as hell, and he's a porridge gobbling jock.

Waylander
12-09-2010, 08:04 AM
I'm a big fan of Drew and envisage him sticking around for a long time. He seems to me to be needing just that little something to take a step forward and I think they'll see that soon enough and he'll surprise us all.

Also, Drew's hair is awesome, he needs to keep it that way.

dingdongyo
12-09-2010, 09:02 AM
HHH has a boner for him, so I doubt he is going anywhere.

i can see him following the triple h path. both characters started as pompous brats.

The Jayman
12-09-2010, 09:16 AM
I think 2011 will be the year for The Chosen One. A Money in the Bank win followed by w title reign

The Pope
12-09-2010, 09:55 AM
He has a DDT as a finisher.
About time someone brought a basic move as their finisher.

Cool King
12-09-2010, 10:08 AM
I see nothing wrong with having a "Basic Move" as a finisher.

For the record, Cactus Jack/Mick Foley's finisher was also the Double Underhook DDT. Also, Raven's "Raven Effect/Even Flow DDT" is also "Just a DDT".

Personally, I love Raven's DDT's.

Nicky Fives
12-09-2010, 10:12 AM
He will be going nowhere...... except to the top of WWE.......

Ultra Mantis
12-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Doubt he will get released anytime soon, they are obviously pretty high on the guy to give him that sort of dominant push in the first place.

Unfortunately for him there are roughly two midcard faces left on Smackdown so they need to be built up, plus there's a ton of more interesting heel characters (Ziggler, Del Rio, Swagger, Rhodes, Hawkins) and all of them, except maybe Hawkins, get more heat than Drew.

I expect he will be drafted to Raw next year then get some much needed work done on his character.

CSL
12-09-2010, 12:20 PM
I see nothing wrong with having a "Basic Move" as a finisher.

For the record, Cactus Jack/Mick Foley's finisher was also the Double Underhook DDT. Also, Raven's "Raven Effect/Even Flow DDT" is also "Just a DDT".

Personally, I love Raven's DDT's.

Not to mention Drew's is far from a bog-standard DDT

theexample
12-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Put him in a stable with Sheamus, Barrett and Regal.

Mr Amazing
12-09-2010, 05:40 PM
I think 2011 will be the year for The Chosen One. A Money in the Bank win followed by w title reign

thinking the exact same thing

Brigstocke
12-09-2010, 06:07 PM
I was about to put across the idea of having a 'British' Stable.

Drew, Barrett, Mason Ryan, Regal.

I got beaten to it though.

Lock Jaw
12-09-2010, 06:17 PM
He'll get a world title win just so McMahon's prediction won't fall flat.

Volare
12-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Well wwe is also known for "randomly forgetting things."

BizarroKing
12-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Drew will get some stupid new gimmick before he gets released.

Aguakate
12-09-2010, 08:18 PM
The guy got Vince McMahon's endorsement when he (Vince) brought him out and introduced him. It was Vince's way of saying "Here you are, kid...now go make yourself a star". And he hasn't. I think he's had somewhat of an issue "connecting" with fans. Maybe it's something he can work on...I mean, for his sake, he has to, cause if you don't "make it" even with Vince McMahon endorsing you, you'll never make it.

XCaliber
12-10-2010, 01:09 AM
Seeing that both Triple H and Shawn Michaels are both high on him and coming up through the ranks the same time Sheamus did I highly doubt he is going anywehere soon. He is quite a bit younger than his former counterpart though so they may already have something bigger planned for him down the line. Post WM I could see him getting draft to RAW to start some major rivalries which would later lead to World Championship reign or at the very least a consistant upper midcarder.

Sixx
12-10-2010, 03:02 AM
I'm a big fan of Drew and envisage him sticking around for a long time. He seems to me to be needing just that little something to take a step forward and I think they'll see that soon enough and he'll surprise us all.

Also, Drew's hair is awesome, he needs to keep it that way.

Highlander.

Tommy Gunn
12-10-2010, 05:06 AM
There can be only one... Mid-card heel Push, and it is currently 'dashing'.

The Naitch
12-10-2010, 05:42 PM
What I see is a similarity to Bobby Lashley. Lashley got involvement in the McMahon/Trump storyline, got the ECW Title, but he could only go so far. I still never looked at him as a main eventer. He was never able to reach that level of Brock Lesnar or even Randy Orton, or even Batista.

I think the "endorsement push" can only go so far. It's up to the person after that.

thedamndest
12-10-2010, 06:40 PM
I think Del Rio has stolen a lot of his thunder as far as being the hot new guy on Smackdown. Drew doesn't seem incompetent in the ring, but he seems to lack something. Once he finds that he should be okay.

Mr. Nerfect
12-10-2010, 08:28 PM
I like Drew McIntyre. I've never gotten the complaints about him. Personally, I really love the way he plays everything low. He's a good looking guy, but there seems to be something dark in his mind. Way better than him coming out and acting like God's gift to women. The guy kayfabe seems committed to his career.

I would have loved to have seen him work with Shawn Michaels. Apparently HBK loved the guy, and he would have gone out of his way to put him over in the ring. McIntyre seems so willing to bump for a guy his size. He takes some pretty sick spills. He also seems to have the ground work to be a brilliant in-ring psychologist. It's been written into his character recently that he's a guy who knows how to use the ring as a weapon.

Next year, I think the time is right for a move to RAW. I'd absolutely love to see an angle where Sheamus and Triple H pick up their feud, and Stephanie McMahon begs Triple H to stay retired and spend time with his family. The pride in The Game forces him back into the ring and he loses to Sheamus in a really big match. McIntyre is then drafted over to RAW, and he attacks Triple H during a rematch with Sheamus, giving him the DQ victory, but leaving him laid out. Stephanie again begs Triple H to retire. The Game wages war against them both, however. It the end, it turns out Drew McIntyre has seduced Stephanie McMahon, and is having an affair with her.

It's stupid soap opera stuff, but it's the kind of thing they loved doing with Triple H and Stephanie McMahon in the Attitude era, and it would lead to Sheamus and Drew McIntyre dominating RAW.

I don't think the guy's job is in danger. He's a good worker, consistently improving, young, international and has a look. He'll be fine unless he fucks up big.