PDA

View Full Version : Long time WWE Superstars who have never been to the top but you would like to see in a title program in 2011

glanville6
12-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Vote on which longtime WWE Superstar who has never been to the top that you'd at least like to see fight for either of the top titles next year.

Book a feud for them here.

I know there are a few that have been talked about at length, but post all thoughts here.

ooTin
12-11-2010, 02:12 PM
D-Lo Brown for TNA CHAMP

Droford
12-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Christian or Morrison

only options

Rammsteinmad
12-11-2010, 02:33 PM
You should have just called this 'The Christian Thread'. :y:

But I wouldn't mind John Morrison getting a taste of the main event scene. I've always wanted Chavo to get a tryout in the main event (would have been perfect when he was feuding with Chris Benoit back in 2006), but sadly his time has most certainly come and gone. Same for Regal.

Chris Masters I like. I don't like him enough to be in the main event, but I'd definitely like to see WWE do something with him. Smackdown could be the start of a storyline with Cody Rhodes?

Favre4Ever
12-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Miz being the champ is an easy foil to get Morrison into the title picture.

That being said I don't really like Morrison all that much. Hasn't he been the exact same smiling, giving-glasses-to-little-kids character for close to 3 years? I'm starting to see him as a white Rey Mysterio.

glanville6
12-11-2010, 02:50 PM
I also voted Christian, obviously we want Edge vs Christian.

Just wanted to give all those old guys a chance to be voted for.

I know R Truth isn't the most popular guy here, but I think he might be the closest to any kind of title match... but all these guys seem pretty far away.

CSL
12-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Out of the guys listed, Christian the most. He pretty much 'has it all' except for a gym membership. Goldust behind him followed by Regal because he's Regal. Morrison is probably the best fit behind Christian to most but he bores me to tears for the most part. Which is a shame because he seems like a nice guy and is probably a legit 'company guy'. R-Truth I don't take seriously, maybe he needs a good old internet suggested heel turn, he might show something people haven't seen from him before. Masters gets a bad rep from a lot of people because he's a 'big guy' but he's not bad at all, he just doesn't really seem to have the personality for it. Chavo I think will have a job for life but he's never gonna get the push. And Mark Henry would have gotten 'the push' some time ago if it was going to happen. I like him but I don't really wanna see him going on last.

Xero
12-11-2010, 02:55 PM
After the Melina/Batista incident, Morrison is clearly loyal to the end, even if it means getting fucked up the vag.

CSL
12-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Ways to get ahead in New York #31: Chaperone your missus while she gets nailed by a 300lb dancing man in diamond earrings.

Lock Jaw
12-11-2010, 03:35 PM
GoldChristian

http://www.tristarproductions.com/TNA/JPGs/EventUsed/Christian%20Cage_Large.jpg

Aguakate
12-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Goldust.

Emperor Smeat
12-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Christian since he is already established in terms of great promos and good wrestling skills.

Vince was the main reason years ago Christian didn't get a chance since he didn't fit his ideal look of a "big man" wrestler but now the WWE is pushing a better variety of wrestlers in the main event.

Rammsteinmad
12-11-2010, 04:41 PM
To be fair, as much as I would seriously love to see Christian in the main event, I think he badly hurt any of his chances when he went to TNA in 2005. Especially coz they were teasing a hot Cena/Christian feud at the time.

glanville6
12-11-2010, 05:12 PM
To be fair, as much as I would seriously love to see Christian in the main event, I think he badly hurt any of his chances when he went to TNA in 2005. Especially coz they were teasing a hot Cena/Christian feud at the time.

They were teasing the fans and Christian.

Christian moved from main event status on Raw to midcard status on Smackdown immediately after his three way match for the WWE title with Cena and Jericho.

But I agree he hurt his chances. If he really had any.

Jordan
12-11-2010, 05:33 PM
I think R-Truth would be great against Cena, as a heel.

Loose Cannon
12-11-2010, 09:04 PM
After the Melina/Batista incident, Morrison is clearly loyal to the end, even if it means getting fucked up the vag.

what happened here? I know Bats was banging Melina while she was with Morrison, but what do you mean?

Xero
12-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Morrison and Melina got back together.

DrCrawford
12-11-2010, 10:37 PM
goldy

Mr. Nerfect
12-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Morrison was reportedly aware that Batista was banging Melina and didn't care or something like that. Well, he pretended he didn't as to not make a fuss.

I like most of the guys on the list, but the best two suited to a run at the top would easily be Christian and John Morrison. Off his return, I think Christian has got quite a good shot at the top. We always talk about it, but the chances of Edge vs. Christian at WrestleMania are actually pretty high when you consider there is no other really big match they can do. To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me to see Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian for the World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania. Del Rio and Edge seem like they could feud over the World Title early 2011 pretty easily, and Christian has a beef with both guys. I don't think that match will headline the PPV, or anything, but what else are they going to do?

John Morrison is playing too much of a vanilla babyface. I see his t-shirt ("This shirt changed my life") and I think about what Morrison can be. I've enjoyed him in his program with Sheamus, and I really want to see him get serious for a feud with The Miz in 2011.

Theo Dious
12-11-2010, 11:46 PM
This thread has the stupidest title ever.

Stickman
12-12-2010, 01:18 PM
I voted William Regal because he may actually be able to pull off a good feud but it was really hard voting between him and anybody.

RiX1024
12-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Christian, hands down. Poll over.

Damian Rey
12-12-2010, 03:42 PM
I voted for Christian. He's been around forever, and before getting injured earlier this year, was one of the best, most consistent workers in the company. His run on ECW was great.

He never seemed to get going on SmackDown!. Hopefully when he gets back, the writing team build some momentum for his character and reward him with some kind of title push.

glanville6
12-12-2010, 03:49 PM
I voted for Christian. He's been around forever, and before getting injured earlier this year, was one of the best, most consistent workers in the company. His run on ECW was great.

He never seemed to get going on SmackDown!. Hopefully when he gets back, the writing team build some momentum for his character and reward him with some kind of title push.

It would be rewarding for us as well.

MoFo
12-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Christian was so fucking good in 2005.

The Jayman
12-13-2010, 08:36 AM
As TPWW's #1 Peep, I approve of the Christian votes

Jimmy Cones
12-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Went with Christian. JoMo is my favorite wrestler right now but I like that his build has been slow. Yeah, he's had some hiccups but it looks like he may be getting into the upper card now and I'd rather see him feud with a few more guys before getting a title shot.

Christian, on the other hand, seems more over when he's around and always cuts a great promo. I think he may actually have the largest move set in WWE right now too which always makes his matches entertaining. He's been there so long, and has the "in" story line wise to be with or against Edge in anything he does. I think he deserves it.

GoneFishing
12-13-2010, 12:03 PM
The internet might spontaneously orgasm if Christian wins the Rumble....

XCaliber
12-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Regal he's been long overdue.

The Naitch
12-14-2010, 11:02 PM
If Edge wins the WHC on SD!, have him reunite with Christian (marked out when they were together at the Slammys). We've seen Edge have his run with the WHC and WWE Title (2005-2009) but he was a totally different "Edge" back then, different than we were used to seeing him from his E&C days. Christian would be by his side, bringing back some of that 1999-2000 E&C nostalgia. (He's injured, but it would be a good way to keep him on TV)

Once he's cleared to wrestle, Christian would then turn on him and this time we'd see a proper Edge & Christian feud (it was missing something when they did it in 2001)

SOCCER LEGS
12-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Christian was so fucking good in 2005.

werd... really wish he never went to TNA... that really killed all that momentum he had going.

glanville6
12-14-2010, 11:06 PM
werd... really wish he never went to TNA... that really killed all that momentum he had going.

Moving to Smackdown first hurt it.

SOCCER LEGS
12-14-2010, 11:08 PM
tru

SOCCER LEGS
12-14-2010, 11:09 PM
IIRC they were still giving him airtime on RAW tho

VSG
12-14-2010, 11:33 PM
Goldust, bro

Mr. Nerfect
12-15-2010, 01:20 AM
After seeing them together on RAW, being completely entertaining, I once again have hopes for some sort of interaction between Edge & Christian early next year. Have Christian help Edge out at TLC, hitting Kane in the back with a one-armed steel chair swing, distracting Kane long enough for a Spear or something. Alberto Del Rio defeats Rey Mysterio, and then is logically a good choice for #1 Contender.

Then you have Edge vs. Del Rio at the Royal Rumble, with what Del Rio did to Christian being brought up. The two could have a really good match, and Christian can again help Edge win, and at Elimination Chamber we can have Del Rio and Christian both in the SmackDown! Elimination Chamber. Del Rio eliminates Christian after he has been through a load of shit in the match.

Somehow Christian works his way into Edge vs. Del Rio, and we get a Triple Threat for the World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania. Book it.

Damian Rey
12-15-2010, 03:04 AM
After seeing them together on RAW, being completely entertaining, I once again have hopes for some sort of interaction between Edge & Christian early next year. Have Christian help Edge out at TLC, hitting Kane in the back with a one-armed steel chair swing, distracting Kane long enough for a Spear or something. Alberto Del Rio defeats Rey Mysterio, and then is logically a good choice for #1 Contender.

Then you have Edge vs. Del Rio at the Royal Rumble, with what Del Rio did to Christian being brought up. The two could have a really good match, and Christian can again help Edge win, and at Elimination Chamber we can have Del Rio and Christian both in the SmackDown! Elimination Chamber. Del Rio eliminates Christian after he has been through a load of shit in the match.

Somehow Christian works his way into Edge vs. Del Rio, and we get a Triple Threat for the World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania. Book it.

Despite not being in favor of triple threat title matches at Mania, this is one I actually like.

I didn't like Mysterio/Orton/Angle, Cena/HHH/Orton, or Cena/Big Show/Edge. The 1st didn't have enough time, and the latter two, to me, just didn't mesh well.

I'm rambling...I think this is a potentially great match. You have three guys who can all legitimately work. You then have the potential to make two new main eventers in either Christian or Del Rio. The appeal for a Christian title win is the fact that he's been around so long, has done some great things, but hasn't won the top title. He could have the emotional dream come true moment at Mania.

Del Rio, on the other hand, seems to be getting a steady build to the top of SmackDown!. He can work, has good mic skills, and a title push and win shouldn't be out of the question come Mania.

Or you can have Edge actually win at Mania, which is something he hasn't done in quite some time.