PDA

View Full Version : Since David Arquette was on RAW...

Rollermacka
12-13-2010, 10:51 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g1k-I0ObnnU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g1k-I0ObnnU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Russo says it wasnt his idea... yea sure :roll: The one thing I never really got was when Russo told the wrestlers that David was gonna be champ, why didnt guys like DDP, Nash, Jerrett or other guys that have 20+ years in the business say something. I guess its true that by the end of WCW nobody was there to be apart of the company, everybody was there just for a paycheck :nono:

djoutcry
12-13-2010, 11:29 PM
stupid sexy Flanders

Xero
12-14-2010, 12:23 AM
Excuse me, djoutcry, but Lock Jaw is the RAW GM. Please remove this blatant lie from your user title immediately.

whiteyford
12-14-2010, 04:30 AM
Wasnt Arquette the only one who said it was a bad idea?

Rammsteinmad
12-14-2010, 09:05 AM
I don't see why so many people hated Arquette winning the title.

A major A-list celebrity, winning the heavyweight title by chance, gave the championship a lot of prestiege and credibility at a time when it had none.

dhellova guy
12-14-2010, 09:22 AM
I don't see why so many people hated Arquette winning the title.

A major A-list celebrity, winning the heavyweight title by chance, gave the championship a lot of prestiege and credibility at a time when it had none.

It gave the title alot of publicity, but prestiege and credibility went right out the window.

Equate it to the UFC. If Michael Cera went into a match with Cain Velasquez and through some flukey why won, how much credibility would it have?

And yes, I know the differece is one is real and one is fake, but the principle still holds.

MIZantine Empire
12-14-2010, 09:27 AM
It gave the title alot of publicity, but prestiege and credibility went right out the window.

Equate it to the UFC. If Michael Cera went into a match with Cain Velasquez and through some flukey why won, how much credibility would it have?

And yes, I know the differece is one is real and one is fake, but the principle still holds.
i think ure reference would be better with franky edgar (weight class issue) point is that if cera beat him, then ufc would blow up, evrybody would be talkin about it. sure he wouldnt be a credible champ, but he would have went out there, and won on his own. i dont see how it would dsicredit it at all

Nicky Fives
12-14-2010, 10:22 AM
Russo is lying..... but having Arquette win the Title was a great promotional idea... only problem was that it was about 2 years too late......

whiteyford
12-14-2010, 10:40 AM
We did get the triple cage match so it wasnt all bad.

Swiss Ultimate
12-14-2010, 11:35 AM

Only if Cain died of a stroke as the bell was rung.

BizarroKing
12-14-2010, 12:58 PM
We did get the triple cage match so it wasnt all bad.

I wish wwe brought that back. It'd be brutal.

whiteyford
12-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Yeah but theyd turn it into a gimmick ppv and ruin it.

The Naitch
12-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Arquette doesn't feel like a major A-list celebrity to me anymore

If WWE is gonna use celebrities, they need to use someone more relevant, like Seth Rogan, Cera, Franco etc.

Juan
12-14-2010, 01:33 PM
I think you missed the point of Arquette's appearance.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Him saying he was the "World Heavyweight Champion" sent a shiver down my spine in a bad way. WCW Champion is one thing but him calling himself the World Heavyweight Champion just seemed wrong.

Damian Rey
12-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Him saying he was the "World Heavyweight Champion" sent a shiver down my spine in a bad way. WCW Champion is one thing but him calling himself the World Heavyweight Champion just seemed wrong.

I know what you mean, but the fact of the matter is that he WAS the World Heavyweight Champion.

Mooияakeя™
12-14-2010, 03:39 PM
You can tell Russo is lying cos he opened his mouth.

What a sack of shit. Can't even do a Loggins beard right.

Swiss Ultimate
12-14-2010, 03:53 PM
The best lies have a sliver of truth.

The Ravishing One
12-14-2010, 05:06 PM
What was wrong with him on RAW? He spoke like a retard.

whiteyford
12-14-2010, 05:08 PM
You answered your own question.

The Ravishing One
12-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Yeah I did - but im not familiar with any of his work, does he always speak like that?

The Naitch
12-14-2010, 07:12 PM
What was wrong with him on RAW? He spoke like a retard.

that's the way his character speaks in the Ready To Rumble movie.