PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Michaels returning to WWE

Xero
12-17-2010, 12:36 PM
From PWInsider, with video following:

Shawn Michaels, who retired after Wrestlemania 26, announced today that he and World Wrestling Entertainment have come to terms on a new deal that will see Michaels working backstage for the company.

Michaels noted that he wants to help the company "move forward" but stated he would not be returning to the ring, that he is not the General Manager of Raw and that there have been no discussions of Michaels appearing on camera.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lEdawfjhLgc?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lEdawfjhLgc?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Kalyx triaD
12-17-2010, 12:45 PM
He's totally wrestling.

BigDaddyCool
12-17-2010, 12:47 PM
So from what I understand, Kalyx is saying Shawn Micheals has left the WWE the way Kalyx is done with TPWW. In other words, not at all?

The Ravishing One
12-17-2010, 12:52 PM
I hope he doesn't do a Ric Flair and return.

The MAC
12-17-2010, 12:52 PM
michaels will be wrestling again. he cant help it. Deep down he still is an egoistical, spotlight grabbing kinda guy.

The Ravishing One
12-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Which reminds me, I'm sick of seeing saggy man boobs. Flair, do us a favour and ask William Regal for one of his Vest/Trunk combos. I'll pay!

Nightwing
12-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Oh yeah, it might not be sometime soon, but you know he will wrestle again. Especially now since he'll be there backstage more than not, he'll get the itch.

MoFo
12-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Nah, dont think he'll wrestle again. He isn't bad off financially like Flair is I assume, and seems like a smart enough guy to know when hes done.

He'll probably just do promotional stuff like Austin does here and there, a spokesman of sorts.

Xero
12-17-2010, 01:05 PM
It's funny. He was constantly talking about how he's done with WWE, how it's all behind him and we shouldn't expect to see him back, but then he comes in for the Troops show and he now has a contract to help out backstage.

I don't think it'll be in the near future, but I think he's got the itch already and he'll be back in the ring within a few years. Maybe a tag match or something. You don't say you're completely done with something and then go "oh look I signed a new contract" without there being a possibility for more.

I'd say it wasn't a big deal if it was a legends deal or something, but that doesn't sound like the case here.

Ermaximus
12-17-2010, 01:08 PM
It's funny. He was constantly talking about how he's done with WWE, how it's all behind him and we shouldn't expect to see him back, but then he comes in for the Troops show and he now has a contract to help out backstage.

I don't think it'll be in the near future, but I think he's got the itch already and he'll be back in the ring within a few years. Maybe a tag match or something. You don't say you're completely done with something and then go "oh look I signed a new contract" without there being a possibility for more.

I'd say it wasn't a big deal if it was a legends deal or something, but that doesn't sound like the case here.

"Undertaker, I still know I can beat you. This time, at WM 30, I'm ending your streak. We'll have a cane match!"

Xero
12-17-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm not saying it's definite, but I look at his 2002 return. Literally the Saturday before he came out and joined the nWo, he said he was completely finished with wrestling on Confidential.

Xero
12-17-2010, 01:10 PM
"Undertaker, I still know I can beat you. This time, at WM 30, I'm ending your streak. We'll have a cane match!"

And that cane match would be better than 99% of anything that year.

BizarroKing
12-17-2010, 01:11 PM
He's the ref in Taker/Cena at Mania.

Ermaximus
12-17-2010, 01:11 PM
I'm not saying it's definite, but I look at his 2002 return. Literally the Saturday before he came out and joined the nWo, he said he was completely finished with wrestling on Confidential.

:rofl:@Confidential. Was that the show hosted by Ivory and Kevin Kelly?

Xero
12-17-2010, 01:12 PM
lol no. Mean Gene hosted it. I think you're thinking of Afterburn or possibly the later version of Superstars.

Ermaximus
12-17-2010, 01:15 PM
lol no. Mean Gene hosted it. I think you're thinking of Afterburn or possibly the later version of Superstars.

Hell if I can remember. The only jobber shows I remember growing up were Velocity and Heat.

Swiss Ultimate
12-17-2010, 01:24 PM
Yay!

The Naitch
12-17-2010, 02:29 PM
why does Shawn Michaels always look like he's cross eyed nowadays? If you watch his Slammy acceptance speech, he looks mad cross eyed

DLVH84
12-17-2010, 02:46 PM
:rofl:@Confidential. Was that the show hosted by Ivory and Kevin Kelly?

It was Experience. It ran until Ivory's contract expired.

tjmidnight420
12-17-2010, 07:44 PM
He's basically saying they're paying him to not come out of retirement in TNA like Ric did.

glanville6
12-17-2010, 07:54 PM
Who even knows how often he will help out backstage? I don't see him flying every week to do this stuff. He could just help out backstage at PPV's or something.

The Naitch
12-17-2010, 08:23 PM
fuck he rambles for the first 4 minutes, get to the damn point, bro!

Londoner
12-17-2010, 08:25 PM
He's the GM. So obvious!

Kane Knight
12-17-2010, 10:58 PM
why does Shawn Michaels always look like he's cross eyed nowadays? If you watch his Slammy acceptance speech, he looks mad cross eyed

The Matt Hardy look is in.

He's getting major stomach surgery to allow his stomach to fall out next month.

Theo Dious
12-17-2010, 11:04 PM
And that cane match would be better than 99% of anything that <s>year</s> decade.

Jeritron
12-18-2010, 02:47 AM
It could be the first step to him coming back. Obviously this can lead to him taking an on-camera role like a GM or manager, and then eventually having a match.

I hope not.

Jeritron
12-18-2010, 02:49 AM
It depends on how much WWE would want to do it. They'll try to chip at him if they see fit.
Especially when they need something hot around a Wrestlemania or Summerslam. I really want him to have some conviction in his retirement, since it was quite perfect.

This could definitely just stay backstage and not go any further. But he's an awful big name to have around without it coming up.

Juan
12-18-2010, 03:22 AM
If anything, he should get a recurring role. I wish I had a better example, but I'm thinking along the lines of Ron Simmons who shows on camera just to say "DAMN"

#BROKEN Hasney
12-18-2010, 04:09 AM
Look, some people just need a job when they retire. For a PA role, I hear HHH pays pretty well.

RiX1024
12-18-2010, 06:39 AM
Croeso'n ol HBK, note to you don't go back in the ring and fck your legacy up. Yeah he'd be a great asset backstage and helping the young guys get over. Imagine a new HBK starting off.

Aguakate
12-18-2010, 10:44 AM
Shawn's not wrestling. Even if he doesn't say it, I'm sure it had to bother him a little bit that Ric Flair told him he'd have his last match with him, only to come back later and wrestle. So Shawn knows what that feels like, and he doesn't want to do the same thing to Undertaker.

Xero
12-18-2010, 10:50 AM
I don't think anyone bought Flair's retirement as legit.

Aguakate
12-18-2010, 10:53 AM
I did. Hindsight's 20/20, but at the time, most people did.

Xero
12-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Nobody in the wrestling business really retires.

Aguakate
12-18-2010, 10:55 AM
Nobody in the wrestling business has had the send-off Flair had, either.

Jakob Synn
12-18-2010, 11:00 AM
I don't see Shawn ever returning to the ring for a long time if ever. He's the one person who I see actually staying true to his promise on retiring from wrestling. Now appearences are another thing. The WWE knows this and wants to capitalize on it and by signing Shawn to some sort of contract they have a star that can help them promote and get headlines.

I think this is more a contract for Shawn where he works behind the scenes and does appearences once in a while to help promote events, like he did for Wrestlemania a couple weeks back.

tjmidnight420
12-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Shawn's not wrestling. Even if he doesn't say it, I'm sure it had to bother him a little bit that Ric Flair told him he'd have his last match with him, only to come back later and wrestle. So Shawn knows what that feels like, and he doesn't want to do the same thing to Undertaker.

Shawn did say it. He also said he went out and bought himself and Ric matching Rolex watches and Ric pawned his. That's a slap in the face for Shawn and Shitting on your legacy for Ric. Shawn said this right before WM. He's not getting in the ring again. The contract was basically WWE's way of saying "You're not going to TNA, right?"

Aguakate
12-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Shawn did say it. He also said he went out and bought himself and Ric matching Rolex watches and Ric pawned his. That's a slap in the face for Shawn and Shitting on your legacy for Ric. Shawn said this right before WM. He's not getting in the ring again. The contract was basically WWE's way of saying "You're not going to TNA, right?"

Maybe within this contract, they put it that he will be inducted into Hall of Fame in 2011.

Joe Kerr
12-18-2010, 11:53 PM

In fairness the tribute to the troops isnt really anything. Coming out as dx to wrestling fans/troops is his way of giving back. he did say he would make a few appearances a year and going over for the troops is one, im sure anything else on camera will be like ron Simmons or IRS random cameo.

Aguakate
12-19-2010, 12:24 AM
Shawn Michaels said from the very beginning, since the moment he retired, that he would make appearances every now in a while, just not wrestling. So I don't know why it's such a big deal now when he says he could make an appearance here and there...he's never said he wouldn't...so he's not "leaving the door open to wrestling again" or anything...he's consistent with what he's always said.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uueI6vqNeoI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uueI6vqNeoI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Autobahn
12-19-2010, 06:34 AM

Did Flair seriously pawn the rolex?

Attitude99
12-19-2010, 07:17 AM
Just Stay Home Shawn, Please Let It Gone Man, Don't be like those two old fucks Hogan & Flair