PDA

View Full Version : Time To Hang 'em Up (WWE)

SaskatchewanChamp
12-18-2010, 02:16 PM
In every sport, you can usually pick one guy who stayed playing for too long. The same can be said for "Sports Entertainers." So which superstar, in your opinion has to hang 'em up?

ooTin
12-18-2010, 02:19 PM
5) The Undertaker

Yes, I DO know I am going to get a lot of hatred for this but I think the Deadman is not the same. Back in the 80s he was a destroyer, a soul-owner; but today he is nothing more than a man in his middle 40s.

The thing is that he keeps buring talent. Remember a guy named CM Punk? He was at the main event, until Taker came in destroyed him in less than 10 minutes at Hell In a Cell, made him job to him for 2-3 times and then BURIED him.

The Undertaker has lost his speed, and most of his physical condition, and yes his entrance is still great, but isn't it getting old after the 10000 time?

4) Batista

Ah, Dave Batista Bane of my existance. He might look is shape(I will skip the steroid issue because I haven't got proof.. YET), he might look strong, but lets just say that he has as much passion for wrestling as the Nasty Boys for salad, and that his arrogance is larger than the ass of Yokozuna.

I still don't get it, he wrestles for 2 -4 weeks (during which he beats the living crap out of the likes of Jericho, Orton, Mysterio etc) buries a lot of talent, and then he gets "injured", goes home and rest for like 2 months.

This guy is trouble in the locker room, provoking a brawl with Booker T, he barely wrestles, can't carry a match on his own and he can be outrunned by a turtle. I don't think he has place in the WWE or Tna or anywhere else. I my opinion the Animal must go back to his cage.

3) Ric Flair

Ok, back in the 80s he was pure-perfection, but what is this man doing in wrestling today? He has captured 16 world titles, defeated the best of the best, won the Rumble match and got inducted in the HOF.

In addition the man can't wrestle any more, remember his retirement match against HBK at WresleMania? Shawn was flying around the ring and Flair was just standing in the middle giving a big boot, or a shoulder-block and some punches, supplexes etc. This combined, with a great crowd gave Flair a great retirement and created the illusion that he could still set-up a great match, ignoring the fact he was wrestling against a man that can even make a monkey look like the Hitman.

And know, he splits on the face of HBK, and WWE to go to Tna? What will he do at TNA? There is nothing more to achieve, he is the most decorated wrestler ever. The only thing he will do is to burry talent.

2) Kevin Nash

I just can't help but hate this guy. Unlike No. 5 and 3 he didn't even deserve what he achieved, and know he is wrestling at TNA?

It doesn't take a genius to find out he is ancient, this man is boring on the mic, old, stale wrestler that can be outwrestled by my lil. bro. Nash achieved greatness due to politics, but know he will do nothing more than take valuable space on the TNA roster.

The only saving grace is that we won't have a nWo reunion.

1) Hulk Hogan

Many people will think I am a Hogan hater, as a matter of fact I am a huge fan of the Hulk, still I believe he should retire, because he is very old and he will do nothing than Berry talent.

Hogan was never a good wrestler to start with, but he was a great charismatic entairtainer. During the 80s there wasn't better superstar than him. We all witnessed the reaction the atomic leg drop got.

But know he is at his late 50s, in a bad shape and to make matters worse he can't even perform the leg drop, just imagine in how bad physique he is. Hogan is addicted with the spotlight, he can't stay away from it. In one aspect this shows passion, but in another it shows that he wants attention always.

With the money he has got from wrestling he can live in a solid gold home. And it is time for the Hulkster to go home. This doesn't necessarily mean HulkaMania will die, Hogan fans will always exist, but he must simply stay away from wrestling.

Shadrick
12-18-2010, 02:25 PM
You said WWE right?

Cool King
12-18-2010, 02:34 PM
5) The Undertaker

Yes, I DO know I am going to get a lot of hatred for this but I think the Deadman is not the same. Back in the 80s he was a destroyer, a soul-owner; but today he is nothing more than a man in his middle 40s.

The thing is that he keeps buring talent. Remember a guy named CM Punk? He was at the main event, until Taker came in destroyed him in less than 10 minutes at Hell In a Cell, made him job to him for 2-3 times and then BURIED him.

The Undertaker has lost his speed, and most of his physical condition, and yes his entrance is still great, but isn't it getting old after the 10000 time?

Undertaker debuted in 1990 so he couldn't have been a destroyer in the 80's.

I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure his loss to CM Punk at Breaking Point was the first time The Undertaker ever lost a match via submission, that's not really burying if you let someone beat you via submission for the first time. I know The Undertaker has tapped before, but either the ref didn't see it or it wasn't during a match.

He ran and dived over the ropes at WrestleMania against Shawn Michaels. His physical condition isn't that bad for a guy in his mid 40's.

whiteyford
12-18-2010, 02:37 PM
Sure he tapped to Angle but they just didnt acknowledge it during the build.

ooTin
12-18-2010, 02:40 PM
You said WWE right?

Yeah it said WWE but TNA has way more so I went with that.

chrisat928
12-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Rey Mysterio is the only guy I don't need or want to see much anymore. One more injury, he should hang it up.

Aguakate
Sadly, Undertaker. He's just not the same wrestler, injuries have built up...and he's very close to getting to THAT point where you put him in the same class with Flair and Hogan as wrestlers who have stuck around for too long.

SlickyTrickyDamon
#1: You (SaskatchewanChamp) in this forum. Time to hang it all up and stop posting. Give your fingers and our brains/sanity a rest.

Na Na na na!

Na na na na!

Hey hey hey goodbye!

CSL
12-18-2010, 02:43 PM
lol at that coming from you.

ooTin
12-18-2010, 02:45 PM
#1: You (SaskatchewanChamp) in this forum. Time to hang it all up and stop posting. Give your fingers and our brains/sanity a rest.

Na Na na na!

Na na na na!

Hey hey hey goodbye!

BRILLIANT!!!!!

BizarroKing
12-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Rey Mysterio. Yes I know he's popular and his masks sell like hotcakes, but physically speaking, he's had at least 5 knee surgeries, his shoulder is recently hurting, and is bound to get injured again real soon. Also it's doubtful he'll hold the WHC again (maybe another IC title run as a 'thank you' for all he's done) but I think he needs to hang it up within the next few years.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-18-2010, 02:46 PM
Sadly, Undertaker. He's just not the same wrestler, injuries have built up...and he's very close to getting to THAT point where you put him in the same class with Flair and Hogan as wrestlers who have stuck around for too long.

Actually, I think that he is a much better performer in his latest run with the company as a the "Walker Texas Taker." He has learned a lot from his love of MMA to be a striker and learned better ring presence because of it.

If he didn't take a lot of time off I would say that this is his greatest overall run with the WWE. He might not have the same fight he had early in his career all of the time, but when when he is ready to go he is better than he has ever been in his career.

And fuck you all thinking you can tell somebody it's time for them to retire. Only the Undertaker can make that decision. It's his Legacy and he'll do whatever he wants despite your bullshit.

Aguakate
12-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Actually, I think that he is a much better performer in his latest run with the company as a the "Walker Texas Taker." He has learned a lot from his love of MMA to be a striker and learned better ring presence because of it.

If he didn't take a lot of time off I would say that this is his greatest overall run with the WWE. He might not have the same fight he had early in his career all of the time, but when when he is ready to go he is better than he has ever been in his career.

And fuck you all thinking you can tell somebody it's time for them to retire. Only the Undertaker can make that decision. It's his Legacy and he'll do whatever he wants despite your bullshit.

What the HECK is wrong with YOU?

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-18-2010, 02:49 PM
Wrestlemania 25 and 26 are the Undertaker's best matches. What part of that is hard for you to Understand?

Aguakate
12-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Wrestlemania 25 and 26 are the Undertaker's best matches. What part of that is hard for you to Understand?

Coincidentally, he was wrestling against the Best Wrestler EVER.

Taker's awesome, but you have to be fair and accept that both of Undertaker's "best matches" were against Shawn Michaels, the guy who made Hulk Hogan and even Vince McMahon look decent in the ring.

Nicky Fives
12-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Rey Mysterio easily..... Undertaker can still go...... Mysterio hasn't entertained me since his feud with Chris Jericho, and most of that was because of Jericho.....

SaskatchewanChamp
12-18-2010, 03:21 PM

Na Na na na!

Na na na na!

Hey hey hey goodbye!

Thanks for the positive rep buddy :D

RiX1024
12-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Rey Rey is a perfect example...he gets injured too much and his knee is pretty fcked anyways. i know the guy is super over and kids love him but no one wants to see a guy who spends most of the time on an operating table try to one up his matches.

Undertaker is in the boat, his matches improve like hell (depends on opponent) but he's in bad shape these days.

Seth82
12-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Ric Flair should have retired 10 yrs ago

Kevin Nash should retire

MoFo
12-18-2010, 07:27 PM
CM Punk, because hes great on commentary and thats where I want him to stay....

Failing that, Jerry Lawler, hes awful.

Kane Knight
12-18-2010, 08:20 PM

Taker's awesome, but you have to be fair and accept that both of Undertaker's "best matches" were against Shawn Michaels, the guy who made Hulk Hogan and even Vince McMahon look decent in the ring.

Taker held his own in those matches. He wasn't HBK, Angle, or Jericho, but he put on amazing performances. I'm a Taker "Hater" around these parts, but I won't detract from performances that were still quite strong.

Was it better with Michaels? Well, few matches wouldn't be improved by Shawn Michaels being in the mix. Michaels is an incredible talent, but Taker gave it his all. Seriously, If he did that more often, he could probably get good matches out of slugs like Batista. Or he'd die in the ring. One of the two.

Furious Beardsley
12-18-2010, 10:17 PM
I would say Taker needs to hand it up soon. Yeah, he's had some great matches in the last couple years, but he should go out soon, while he's still on top. I would like to see him retire as a champion.

Rey can go too as far I'm concerned.

Jeff Hardy, both Hardy's actually.

All of the TNA roster that is over the age of 45.

BollywoodSingh
12-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Of course Undertaker is not in great physical condition. Look at how much time he has had to take off over the last 6-7 years.

Although he has some classic matches in that time, he has also had as many bad matches.

Joe Kerr
12-18-2010, 11:34 PM
Half of TNAs roster,....but since were going WWE

Taker is deffinatly about do. When was the last time he went a whole year with out taking time off for injury or hip replacements. As much as everyone loves seeing the guy he isnt the 90's dead man anymore..deffinatly not 2000's biker bad ass deadman.

I will also throw Chavo Guerrero in. Its not even a age factor its a we see you once every few months in a dark match factor. he was never fully used right and cruiserweight division is none existant anymore. Even Mysterio is in the heavyweight division.

Mr. Nerfect
12-18-2010, 11:35 PM
I can agree with Rey Mysterio. The guy can still have great matches, and he moves merchandise and stuff. Business-wise, as long as Rey can go and wants to go it'd be dumb of the WWE to not use him. But that being said, the guy has been riddled with injuries lately -- the style he works and his schedule is pretty hectic. Perhaps Rey should consider putting over a new star, and then only make sporadic appearances for the WWE, which could really boost his legacy over time and get him a longer career.

Mr. Nerfect
12-18-2010, 11:36 PM
William Regal and Chavo Guerrero are two guys I absolutely adore, and they can still go, but I would not fault them if they decided to move into other areas. Chavo would make a fantastic producer/trainer and Regal could be amazing doing anything. I really want to see William Regal the commentator.

Jerry Lawler is not what this thread probably has in mind, but as far as commentary goes, I think the WWE needs to get a new voice for RAW and PPV.

Rammsteinmad
12-19-2010, 06:25 AM
Undertaker and Triple H.

I don't think Rey Mysterio needs to hang 'em up, but I seriously wanna see him turn heel. He has some great matches, but has had the same character since 2002, and it's seriously BORING me now. A heel turn would be completely fresh. The thing with CM Punk earlier this year would have been a great chance for him to turn heel and join the SES as a reluctant heel who soon finds himself comfortable in the stable.

Attitude99
12-19-2010, 07:13 AM

U Serious ? Taker had a lot of good matches besides with Shawn, We Know HBK Is Great, But Taker Has Carrying This Company For 20 Years For A Reason. So There Can Only Be One Best Of All Time, and that is sure as hell not hbk.

Mr. Nerfect
12-19-2010, 08:11 AM
Rey as a heel is a risky thing. It's perfectly doable, if he's able to work the ring style. He'd need a manager, though. Michael Cole would be brilliant.

Triple H is another guy. Yeah, he's a star and he can still work and such. But for his health and to better the company by working more behind the scenes, I sort of hope we get a reduced schedule for him -- with him putting over some guys he believes can carry the company on the way out.

Waylander
12-19-2010, 08:18 AM
U Serious ? Taker had a lot of good matches besides with Shawn, We Know HBK Is Great, But Taker Has Carrying This Company For 20 Years For A Reason. So There Can Only Be One Best Of All Time, and that is sure as hell not hbk.

What's with all the capitals?

-----

I don't think any of the guys should retire, not until they actually want to anyway. Rey still has good matches, Taker still has good matches and before Triple H vanished so did he. What's wrong with that?
I know the consensus is that you all want the 'new guys' the be pushed and every main eventer to be in his 20s but there is still room for the established names.

tjmidnight420
12-19-2010, 08:59 AM

You gotta face the facts: Some guys can make anybody look good in the ring. HBK does. Taker doesn't. Best of all time is something different entirely, but HBK definitely had something to do with Taker looking so good in those matches.

Droford
12-19-2010, 09:01 AM
Taker basically is wrestling 1/2 a year so as a part time wrestler he's fine.

Rey probably still has another couple of years in him if he can keep from getting injured.

I don't think anyone is really past their welcome in the WWE. Its TNA that has the problem...

Sycophant
12-19-2010, 05:45 PM
Now, before I say this...let me start by saying that I am a huge HHH fan. However, I don't think it is fair to say that Undertaker needs to retire because of all of his injuries, but give HHH a pass on this. HHH has been injured and returned several times, but nobody said anything about that. I do understand that there is a difference in that HHH is full-time when he is healthy and Undertaker isn't. I am just saying that you can't say it is time for someone to retire just because they get hurt. I reserve my "OMG, that guy is still wrestling?" question for guys who really have no business whatsoever in a ring. Ric Flair is garbage in the ring now. Hogan and Nash are right there with him. Everytime any of these guys take a back body drop...I constantly wait for them to land on their head. Flair has come close several times.

Now, there are also people who I think should just quit because they are stale and obviously will never be over. I understand that many of you will disagree because you can always change someone's gimmick. I'm not talking about someone like the USO's who get absolutely ZERO crowd reaction when they come out. I am talking about guys like Chavo who will never be more than a jobber. He got a microscopic push after Eddie died, but has done NOTHING since then. Finlay also comes to mind in this category.