PDA

View Full Version : The Cape

Jura
12-25-2010, 11:19 PM
After being framed for a crime, a cop makes himself into a masked hero.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ubxlpocwskg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ubxlpocwskg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

So they cancel Heroes and later they pick up another Superhero themed series? The characters in The Cape have no superpowers ala Batman but the costumes look nice and Summer Glau is in it. After that I don't know what else it's got going for it.

Debuts January 9th.

The Genius
12-26-2010, 04:13 AM
i thought it looked pretty good in the few tv spots i saw.

Blitz
12-26-2010, 05:09 AM
I am intrigued and will check it out. Could be drop dead awful though.

Lock Jaw
12-27-2010, 09:06 PM
I will probably check it out just because of its Superhero theme.

Been watching No Ordinary Family, and it is a perfectly ordinary series. Hopefully this one astounds me.

Droford
12-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Isnt that ripping off the Big Daddy/Nic Cage Character from Kick Ass?

Jura
01-10-2011, 02:41 PM
I caught the first two episodes. It was okay. Summer Glau looks really good but it's weird seeing her as just a normal girl.

DaveBrawl
01-10-2011, 03:24 PM
I enjoyed it, but the first hour felt really rushed for some reason. Like everytime they hit a important point, the battle with Scales for example, the moment ended and they moved on to the next part.

Boondock Saint
01-11-2011, 04:02 AM
Yeah it was decent enough to stick with it and see where they go with it...

Until it probably gets canceled.

ClockShot
01-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Just caught the first 2 episodes On Demand. Kinda surprised nobody mentioned Spawn and how his cape was the source of his power. But I'll keep at this show for another few episodes to see where this goes.

Nice to see the lovely Summer Glau resurface. Still miss her as The Terminator. :'(

wwe2222
01-11-2011, 04:32 PM
only watched the first hour so far...i like the premise....but it was really rushed. I dont like the actors playing Cape and the main bad guy.

Ill give it a chance though, kept me interested. Dude needs to get some sort of mask too...that hood is not incognito in the least

DaveBrawl
01-11-2011, 09:17 PM
He did get a mask in the 2nd hour.

Downunder
01-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Watched it, won't bother watching it again.

I don't reckon it will go a whole season before getting cancelled.

Nightwing
01-13-2011, 12:05 PM
It was okay. Ill pass on the rest. I doubt its gonna last past season one.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-13-2011, 12:18 PM
Randall from Scrubs! Does he punch anybody in the balls?

Lock Jaw
01-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Just watched it. I loved it. Really love Max Malini and the other circus people. They didn't have as big a role in the second episode, though. I hope that they don't disappear entirely in favor of Summer Glau. Glau looks good, but I'm not too interested in her character. Would rather Max and the circus peeps be The Cape's "crew"/"backup".

Jura
01-27-2011, 08:32 PM
I enjoyed it, but the first hour felt really rushed for some reason. Like everytime they hit a important point, the battle with Scales for example, the moment ended and they moved on to the next part.

Scales is back in episode 4.

Lock Jaw
01-27-2011, 08:49 PM
Episode 4 is the first one I didn't outright love.

Still don't dig Summer Glau's character.

Also starting to dislike The Cape's son because of the look he has on his face all the time like there is something wrong with him or something.

DaveBrawl
01-27-2011, 09:20 PM
Episode 4 is the first one I didn't outright love.

Same here, pretty good episode, but it didn't seem as good as the others.

DaveBrawl
02-07-2011, 09:37 PM
NBC has cut the number of episodes from 13 to 10 which, if they don't cancel it before then would put the last 2 episodes on February 28th. The Event has been pushed back till March 7th.

wwe2222
02-08-2011, 09:15 AM
I hope they dont cancel this. Despite not liking the actors who play Cape and Chess, I strangely really enjoy the show.

Jura
02-08-2011, 10:30 AM
The actor who plays Chess played a psychotic, obsessive vampire in True Blood.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VQu2d61g9cA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IC Champion
02-08-2011, 03:30 PM
This will be cancelled this week, or next. Just read it only did a 1.3 last night. Ouch, thats low, even by NBC standards.

IC Champion
02-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Apparently Chuck could be in danger as well, but might make it because everything else on NBC is so bad and they have nothing to replace it with.

Lock Jaw
02-09-2011, 01:45 AM
Shame if it got canceled. Better than No Ordinary Family by far.

IC Champion
02-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Not even I only saw the first episode of the Cape, but I thought No Oridinary Family was better, I only started watching it for Michael Chiklis mind you. Maybe The Cape improves, but the first episode was terrible enough to keep me from watching again.

Lock Jaw
02-10-2011, 05:26 PM
First ep was Awesome. So we agree to disagree. Or, at least I do.

Jura
02-15-2011, 10:34 PM
Pretty interesting episode. I think The Cape should have a voice disguiser because if the Chief of Police dude was his best friend then he would recognize his voice.

Swiss Ultimate
02-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Show feels like Xena Warrior Princess to me.

Lock Jaw
02-16-2011, 12:45 AM
Pretty interesting episode. I think The Cape should have a voice disguiser because if the Chief of Police dude was his best friend then he would recognize his voice.

Yeah, that bit was a bit weird. Should have done the Batman voice or something.

Guess he is counting on the dude thinking he is dead, so even if the dude suspects something he'll just go "Nah, couldn't be".

Kalyx triaD
03-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Canceled after nine episodes. Who didn't see this coming? Be honest.

I totally saw this coming.

Jura
03-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Well it's easy to come in having never posted in this thread and claim that after the fact. Besides, DaveBrawl already provided some info that is correct. I believe the 10th episode will be on NBC.com.

I feel sorry for Summer as her shows keep getting canned. Firefly, TSCC and now The Cape. Well it's not her fault as Firefly was good and TSCC was great but Fox sucks balls.

Lock Jaw
03-02-2011, 09:11 PM
I liked this show, but yeah, totally obvious it was getting canceled from day one. Then again, I thought Smallville would have been canceled/ended a loooong time ago.

KIRA
03-02-2011, 09:21 PM
I liked this show, but yeah, totally obvious it was getting canceled from day one. Then again, I thought Smallville would have been canceled/ended a loooong time ago.

Smallville had a built in fan-base on more than one level and from what Ive seen actually good writing.

that being said I want to make this statement: Dear Clark put some tights on and save the planet already you pussy!

DaveBrawl
03-02-2011, 11:19 PM
It kind of sucks that they cancelled the other 3 planned episodes, because now they have several storylines they are going to have to rush more than they normally do (such as Orwell's latest issues) and it could have been fleshed out so much more. I don't know when the last episode is going up on NBC's site, I'd imagine soon if it isn't there already, but I hope it at least manages to wrap up with a decent ending.

Kalyx triaD
03-03-2011, 02:37 AM
Well it's easy to come in having never posted in this thread and claim that after the fact.

Strange, could have sworn I foresaw this and spoke to another poster about it (not in this thread). In any case I always felt this was a dud, it just seemed silly to me and I wasn't sure who it was supposed to attract. Sorry if it seems like I'm jumping on it after hearing it got canned, that's not how I roll.

Downunder
03-03-2011, 03:03 AM
Watched it, won't bother watching it again.

I don't reckon it will go a whole season before getting cancelled.

Jura
03-03-2011, 09:42 AM
It kind of sucks that they cancelled the other 3 planned episodes, because now they have several storylines they are going to have to rush more than they normally do (such as Orwell's latest issues) and it could have been fleshed out so much more. I don't know when the last episode is going up on NBC's site, I'd imagine soon if it isn't there already, but I hope it at least manages to wrap up with a decent ending.
Since NBC cut it down to 10 episodes recently I bet they had to re-film the finale and it's either still shooting or still in production. I give it at most a month because if they take too long a lot of people will probably forget about it especially with some new shows coming back very soon.

Strange, could have sworn I foresaw this and spoke to another poster about it (not in this thread). In any case I always felt this was a dud, it just seemed silly to me and I wasn't sure who it was supposed to attract. Sorry if it seems like I'm jumping on it after hearing it got canned, that's not how I roll.
It was interesting and new and had Summer Glau in it but it didn't have much else going for it. Those of us who were watching were just enjoying the ride while it lasted.

Lock Jaw
03-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Honestly, Summer Glau's character was probably the worst part about the show. Did not get into her at all.

Jura
03-03-2011, 01:35 PM
They should have kept her in the shadows and had her own thing going for a while instead of turning out to be this eccentric girl who turns out to be Chess' daughter and hangs out with the Cape all the time.

DaveBrawl
03-03-2011, 02:31 PM
That was one thing that threw me off about her character, I got why she was out in the "field" with Cape in the first episode as she was the only one that knew where he was to save him. But after that she seemed to be going out as often if not more than him, a significant change from someone that supposedly operated strictly from behind a computer.

I mean I had no problem with her trying to get more info on whatever situation they were dealing with, but it was a drastic change with no real explanation. Maybe she liked the initial adrenaline rush. :lol:

Although now that you mention the Chess' daughter part that explains where she got such nice cars in the first couple of episodes. :lol:

mhirn3
03-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Really getting into this show as the depth of some of the characters starts to show.

Havent seen the last episode yet(always one behind) but I love how the 2 part episode ended with the toxin taking hold over Orwell, and how she got out of it.

Jura
03-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Finale is out. Don't expect anything special.

Lock Jaw
03-12-2011, 10:02 PM
I EXPECT AMAZEMENT

Lock Jaw
03-14-2011, 12:35 AM
Just watched it.

Definitely one of the better episodes. Shame there is no more.

Summer Glau is truly the kiss of death for television shows. How long until she isn't cast in stuff because she is "cursed"? :shifty:

Jura
03-14-2011, 01:33 AM
I'll cast her onto my penis.

Lock Jaw
03-14-2011, 01:38 AM
Penis might get canceled, though.

Jura
03-14-2011, 02:03 AM
My penis will break the "curse".

cardsharkrob
03-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Well i must say I really hope this show does get picked up for a 2nd season. The Finale in my mind was pretty good and I think the 2nd season, if there is one, will be a great season. I think NBC should move the show to a different night, I think it would do great on a tuesday night.

mhirn3
03-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Is this show dead now? On my on demand it says "never before aired episode"....which I guess was the finale?

cardsharkrob
03-25-2011, 11:22 PM
Not sure about dead but that episode is the finale but NBC decided to just air it on there website

mhirn3
04-01-2011, 12:55 AM
Not sure about dead but that episode is the finale but NBC decided to just air it on there website

Which you only do if the ratings blow......or you killed the show

cardsharkrob
04-01-2011, 02:25 AM
Well NBC also has the idea of just switching nights shows are on and all this other crap. They really need to make a set line up. I think The Cape would do great on Tuesday nights

mhirn3
04-09-2011, 05:04 PM
That's because NBC sucks donkey dick.

The fiance and I like this show on thursday nights called "perfect couples".....buuuuuttttt nbc being nbc canned it already to make way for the paul reiser show. When was he last relevant, 1994?

What Would Kevin Do?
04-09-2011, 05:16 PM
That's because NBC sucks donkey dick.

The fiance and I like this show on thursday nights called "perfect couples".....buuuuuttttt nbc being nbc canned it already to make way for the paul reiser show. When was he last relevant, 1994?

Perfect Couples was pretty terrible IMO, even w/ Olivia Munn and the Waitress. My problem is the fact that they seem determined to constantly surround Community with a moat of suck. Can't we just have Community --> 30 Rock? All would be well then.

mhirn3
04-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Perfect Couples was pretty terrible IMO, even w/ Olivia Munn and the Waitress. My problem is the fact that they seem determined to constantly surround Community with a moat of suck. Can't we just have Community --> 30 Rock? All would be well then.

I think it's funny because I take it that it's supposed to be dumb comedy which I happen to enjoy. I love community.....hate 30 rock, just don't get it....or the office for that matter. Can't laugh at either.

Kane Knight
12-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Well it's easy to come in having never posted in this thread and claim that after the fact.

To be fair to Kalyx, all the signs were there: It was a superhero show, it was a new show on NBC, and as you mention, Summer Glau was in it.

Any one of these practically guaranteed its death. All three? Yeah.

Actually, still kinda surprised Castle is on, since Nathan Fillion had a similar streak of shows. Should probably watch that, too, but I thought "hey, it's got Mal in it. It'll be gone in three weeks."

Was this show not marketed well? I only knew its premise after stumbling across it on Netflix recently. The Cape, to me, sounded like it was gonna be some douchey drama/stimcom set on one of the famous capes around the country, not a superhero drama serial.

Really did enjoy it, though. It was nice and solid, but it flew so far under my radar it could have scrubbed my soles.

It's not the most brilliant series ever, but it had promise and the end of the season was nice. Only a couple of eps were even "meh" for me, most of them at least being good enough to keep me watching.