PDA

View Full Version : Sonic 4

Savio
12-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Is it any good? Worth a buy?

Fignuts
12-26-2010, 02:55 PM
You are better off just getting the genesis ones if you haven't.

G
12-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Go to CAG and find a gameshare of it for $3

#BROKEN Hasney
12-26-2010, 05:07 PM
It's pretty awful :(

Emperor Smeat
12-26-2010, 06:12 PM
I'd wait until the next episode to see if Sega changes or fixes anything since the 1st episode is a bit short for $15 on a normal play through.

Savio
12-27-2010, 12:15 AM
Yeah I was just wondering I got this Playstation plus card for Christmas and I can buy that on a discount if I want.

Drakul
12-27-2010, 01:05 AM
I think it's a fun game if a little short. It's not perfect but not nearly as bad as people cry that it is.

Bosses are reused from the older games with maybe a twist or two to them and levels are themed on older games aswell but with a new lay out and sometimes a gimmick like trying to match 3 cards as you run by them.

I personally only had a problem with the auto targeting which feels a bit temperamental at first. I leapt up to a bad guy, the reticule appeared over him so I hit A to attack him but, as I did, the reticule vanished so I just dashed into him and lost my rings. That seemed to stop eventually so I'm assuming I just learened how to use the targeting properly.

I've heard and seen other problems like the lack of momentum. When you are running along, if you jump and stop pressing forward, Sonic falls right down mid-jump instead of continuing his jump like he did in the older games.
During one level, there is a section where you run up a wall, across the ceiling and down another wall. I was able to walk back up the wall. Not run. Slowly walk up the wall. I've seen video of people playing and getting Sonic to stand still on a totally vertical wall. So physics are a bit strange.

Some people have said that levels are poorly designed and they died a whole bunch of times because of it. I got through the game 100% on both Score and Time Attack and got all the emeralds, only dying a handful of times during the entire thing. So, I'd say it's more a case of them just not being as good at the game as they thought they would be. My big gripe with design is just one section of one level where they tried putting in a "puzzle" but it feels less like a puzzle and more like the game is trying to stall you. It got a little tedious trying to get past that section the first time.

I think it's worth the money if you like Sonic but know not to expect a flawless, holy gem of a game. More so if you can get it at a discount. It's easy, it's short and it has a couple of problems but it's fun.