PDA

View Full Version : 2010 - A Good Year Based Around Rebuilding - Bring on 2011

Xero
12-27-2010, 06:42 PM
In my opinion, this has been one of the best years in a long time for WWE. We've seen many guys finally being pushed towards the top, many new stars either made or just on the cusp of being made in early 2011, and it's really been a fantastic year all around for WWE. There have been many moments for me this year that are legitimate wrestling memories for me. Many more than the past few years, and the product as a whole has felt strong, even though I haven't agreed with some decisions.

Anyway, this is a two part thread:

1.What did you think of 2010 for WWE? Did they do enough to build up new talent? Have they made enough currently or future top talent to sustain them?

2. How do you think 2011 will play out in terms of building stars and the storylines in general? Will they continue this trend from 2010?

Nightwing
12-27-2010, 06:48 PM
1. Excellent rebuilding year. It started with NXT when and bloomed into Nexus, and Wade Barrett alone. Sheamus continues his growth. John Morrision is in the main event, or at least being tested so his star is on the rise. Cant forget about the current WWE Champion, The Miz breaking through. I cant complain.

2. 2011 continues the trend. Undertaker is on his way out, HHH has his backstage job so he will not be as prominent. The time is now. You have Del Rio, Danielson, Bourne, Kofi, DiBiase waiting in the wings. Someone is bound to break out. I say it continues.

Schlomey
12-27-2010, 07:27 PM
I want a Dashing World Champion in 2011.

Jordan
12-27-2010, 08:56 PM
2010 was the WWE's best year of the decade. WWE lost so many big names due to injury or retirement they had no choice but to push new stars fast, and here we are 8 or 9 months later totally accepting of Wade Barrett, Daniel Bryan, The Miz, John Morrison, Alberto Del Rio, Santino, Dolp Ziggler, and of course Sheamus. I don't think WWE will stop this cultivation any time soon, I would expect 2011 to be a more shocking year than 2010 for sure. There are so many new options to explore and WWE has been so open to change.

Lara Emily
12-28-2010, 12:25 AM
2010 was the WWE's best year of the decade. WWE lost so many big names due to injury or retirement they had no choice but to push new stars fast, and here we are 8 or 9 months later totally accepting of Wade Barrett, Daniel Bryan, The Miz, John Morrison, Alberto Del Rio, Santino, Dolp Ziggler, and of course Sheamus. I don't think WWE will stop this cultivation any time soon, I would expect 2011 to be a more shocking year than 2010 for sure. There are so many new options to explore and WWE has been so open to change.

Yeah 2010 is definitely the best year of the decade, an impressive feat considering some of the past year's competition namely: 2010, 2010 and you know 2010

Rammsteinmad
12-28-2010, 04:44 AM
As long as they continue this trend, and don't have Triple H and Undertaker coming back and stealing the spotlight some more, 2011 will be awesome.

Eklipse
12-28-2010, 10:19 AM
Yeah 2010 is definitely the best year of the decade, an impressive feat considering some of the past year's competition namely: 2010, 2010 and you know 2010

Haha. Pwned.

I'm pleased with WWE's product in 2010. Felt like Cena wasn't shoved in our faces nearly as much as 2009.

If Cena wims the RR, it will be a bad start to 2011, IMO.

Providence Peep
12-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Do you guys think that in 2011 Dolf Ziggler will stop trying to be Billy Gunn? :shifty:

Jeritron
12-28-2010, 12:26 PM
2010 is probably my favorite year, overall, since 2000 maybe.

Jeritron
12-28-2010, 12:34 PM
I think they'll continue to make stars in 2011, but maybe not as many. And that's fine since they did a ton of foundation work in 2010. I think now they will do a lot to solidify their new main eventers.
There is still a ton for Barrett, The Miz and even Sheamus and Punk to do. There should be some really fresh matchups.
I think Del Rio and Morrison are most likely to be elevated next. But I'd keep my eye on Ziggler. The way he was booked against Cena last week was pretty interesting.
I wouldn't rule out Ziggles getting the big push this year.

With a new crop of main eventers stepping up, it will be interesting to see how the midcard shifts. I think Danielson, Bourne, Rhodes and the rest will move up in the food chain.

There are also some events that may happen that have until recently, been considered next to impossible.
With the climate changing, I don't think a Cena heel turn or the end of brand extension are out of the question. They may still be unlikely, but they're not as off-limits as they were just 2 years ago.
I'm not really hung up on either though. I'm pretty psyched about the product lately.