PDA

View Full Version : TNA Reaction Cancelled

loopydate
12-27-2010, 07:47 PM
Spike has officially announced that Thursday will be the last episode of the TNA "reality" show. It was an interesting concept, but it never really caught on like I'm sure Bischoff and Hervey would have liked.

What's next for TNA? A new show where eight independent wrestlers are paired with TNA "pros" and run through obstacle courses, drink soda, and have trivia competitions in the hopes of earning a guaranteed title shot - which they then use on the X Division Title before getting released?

parkmania
12-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Nah, because that'd be stupid.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-27-2010, 07:54 PM
I posted this news in 100,000 cause I felt that it didn't merit a thread of its own since nobody ever watched this show.

Xero
12-27-2010, 08:05 PM
HEY! Eric Bischoff DVRed the show and would leave it on when he left the house so the dog had something to do.

Schlomey
12-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Never heard of it

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-27-2010, 08:11 PM
HEY! Eric Bischoff DVRed the show and would leave it on when he left the house so the dog had something to do.

This is how "Lopez Tonight" gets all of its ratings. People DVR Conan and the channel stays on TBS after if no other shows are scheduled to record at 12am.

owenbrown
12-27-2010, 08:13 PM

yeah..... sleep

taker707
12-27-2010, 10:49 PM
I thought it was doing pretty good . It was a good concept just got boring quickly . just like TNA now.

SOCCER LEGS
12-27-2010, 10:52 PM
only a matter of time til the pull the plug on impact too.

Kane Knight
12-27-2010, 11:14 PM
only a matter of time til the pull the plug on impact too.

While technically true (as probability dictates all shows will be canceled in a matter of time), I wouldn't count on it any time soon. People have been calling the demise of Impact for six years or so.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-28-2010, 01:37 AM
Enterprise on UPN got cancelled for getting ratings better than Impact was getting or ever got.

Kane Knight
12-28-2010, 08:20 AM
Enterprise on UPN got cancelled for getting ratings better than Impact was getting or ever got.

Drive was canceled for getting ratings comparable to Monday Night Raw. :p

erickman
12-28-2010, 09:03 AM
damn i liked that show kind of wish they would do that type show after raw.

Tom Guycott
12-28-2010, 09:59 AM

Drive was canceled for getting ratings comparable to Monday Night Raw. :p

Firefly was canceled for getting shitty ratings at a crummy timeslot and being aired out of order, but was still beloved enough to warrant a BIG DAMN MOVIE.

Once TNA quits trying for "hot right now" ratings ploys to instantly comptete with Vince and concentrate on building the product into a watchable alternative/supplement, that'll be the first step in the right direction. Hell, WWE production didn't get to where it is today overnight.

ooTin
12-28-2010, 08:19 PM
This is how "Lopez Tonight" gets all of its ratings. People DVR Conan and the channel stays on TBS after if no other shows are scheduled to record at 12am.

AMEN! CoCo For Prez!!!!

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-28-2010, 09:55 PM
Firefly was canceled for getting shitty ratings at a crummy timeslot and being aired out of order, but was still beloved enough to warrant a BIG DAMN MOVIE.

Once TNA quits trying for "hot right now" ratings ploys to instantly comptete with Vince and concentrate on building the product into a watchable alternative/supplement, that'll be the first step in the right direction. Hell, WWE production didn't get to where it is today overnight.

Once they quit trying for "hot right now" they won't be TNA.

The Naitch
12-30-2010, 04:30 AM
This show took itself too seriously. The show and content was too serious, and I don't think there was ever any comic relief

James Steele
12-30-2010, 05:00 AM
The idea of an entire show of nothing but worked shoot backstage promos was a stupid idea to begin with.