PDA

View Full Version : Why was JR removed from the Broadcasting Team?

Swish
01-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Through out the years Jim Ross, has always provided us with entertainment, weather it being in a storyline or screaming Stone COLD, STONE COLD. Down the headset every time Austin appeared.

But I must have missed the point as to why I don't see JR on the screens anymore? I think the last time I seen him calling match's was just before the brand split, and JR got flagged to Smackdown, and then he briefly made a re appearance at the old school Raw. So can someone fill me in?.

Did his contract expire?. Or did he decide to call it a day, or what?

Triple Naitch
01-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Fill Me In!

Swish
01-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Fill Me In!

I'd fill you in, but I'm not sure you'd like it.

Kane Knight
01-01-2011, 01:19 PM
I'd fill you in, but I'm not sure you'd like it.
The Naitch goes both ways.

WWE is trying to bring in new talent. It makes sense that it would extend to the announce team.

WWE got so much shit for the same old.

Triple Naitch
01-01-2011, 01:21 PM
His Bells Palsy returned and they took him off tv. He's still employed with WWE, but in a backstage role.

Anyway, Tazz Dan needs to move this to Wrestling Q&A.

Swish
01-01-2011, 01:22 PM
The Naitch goes both ways.

Naitch pull my zipper down and get blowing

Kane Knight
01-01-2011, 01:26 PM
His Bells Palsy returned and they took him off tv. He's still employed with WWE, but in a backstage role.

Anyway, Tazz Dan needs to move this to Wrestling Q&A.

that's why he was complaining about it.

That's why they had to sneak attack him over the move to smackdown.

Corporate CockSnogger
01-01-2011, 01:27 PM
He wouldn't give Vince the rights to his BAH GAWD BBQ SAUCE

SOCCER LEGS
01-01-2011, 05:05 PM
i think a big reason is because of his southern accent.

WWE tries very hard to escape the notion that wrestling is a redneck pasttime. notice how they very rarely have on air talent with thick red neck accents anymore?

Tazz Dan
01-01-2011, 05:13 PM
:roll:

Providence Peep
01-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Perhaps the powers-that-be thought JR seemed to be in a decline during his last few months... but perhaps that was due to him working with the very underwhelming Todd Grisham, rather than with Lawler and/or Cole.

Anyway, this comes from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter:

It's said to be no secret that Jim Ross wants to return to the announce booth. His appearance on RAW two weeks ago resulted in overwhelming sentiment that he should return, but his fate lies in the hands of Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn, who prefer youth - though Jerry Lawler is three years older than Ross.

Furthermore, Lawler and Cole have pushed for Ross to replace Matt Striker as the third man for pay-per-view broadcasts, whom they both dislike. McMahon, however, feels the pay-per-view broadcast team should be limited to those who work television.