PDA

View Full Version : today's wrestlers that could have survived the attitude era

SOCCER LEGS
01-02-2011, 01:07 AM
CM punk's character (heel version) would have carried over nicely, though i would imagine he would be buried a lot by Austin and others.

cena as the heel rapper would have been viable. his current shtick wouldn't have a chance in hell.

the miz would have gotten booed out of the building with x-pac heat.

orton wouldn't cut it.

kofi kingston would have done okay if they added a reefer smoking aspect to his character.

ted dibiase jr would have done fine since that gimmick never really goes stale.

daniel bryan would have been okay as long as they had the lightweight division.

not sure about batista, that one could go either i guess depending on his mic work.

john morrison could have gotten over if they gave him a gimmick where he's always tripping on acid or something, that would be great actually.

feel free to add more

Xero
01-02-2011, 01:08 AM
Danielson would have been in ECW and probably been picked up by WCW around 97/98.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-02-2011, 01:08 AM
I disagree with several of your points.

Juan
01-02-2011, 01:09 AM
How many guys did Austin bury?

CSL
01-02-2011, 01:11 AM
Most of the stuff you said in the first post is brain-damage territory. And every guy under contract today would have been fine.

SOCCER LEGS
01-02-2011, 01:13 AM
nope. not by a long shot.

CSL
01-02-2011, 01:17 AM
Excellent.

I think that concludes the thread really.

Aguakate
01-02-2011, 01:18 AM
"Booed out of the building with X-Pac heat".

Since when is X-Pac the measuring stick in terms of heat?

SOCCER LEGS
01-02-2011, 01:20 AM
jesus christ you're one stupid dyke.

Supreme Olajuwon
Since he started getting X-Pac heat. That's a real thing. Look it up.

He's wrong though. Miz would've been legendary.

SOCCER LEGS
I disagree with several of your points.

please elaborate.

Jordan
01-02-2011, 01:23 AM
the miz would have gotten booed out of the building with x-pac heat.

orton wouldn't cut it.

kofi kingston would have done okay if they added a reefer smoking aspect to his character.

ted dibiase jr would have done fine since that gimmick never really goes stale.

daniel bryan would have been okay as long as they had the lightweight division.

not sure about batista, that one could go either i guess depending on his mic work.

john morrison could have gotten over if they gave him a gimmick where he's always tripping on acid or something, that would be great actually.

feel free to add more

Dude, did you even live through the attitude era? WWE did not have gimmicks with drugs, and why do you think Miz would have X-Pac heat? X-Pac heat is real dislike, and if you are playing a heel then it is fine. That term is so markish it makes me sick.

Orton wouldn't cut it? Hah, are you kidding me. He could have been the antithesis of Austin and a more toe to toe rival with The Rock.

Daniel Bryan would get over in any time period, light heavyweight title not needed.

And your Kofi Kingston comment is just racist.

This thread is kinda stupid.

CSL
01-02-2011, 01:24 AM
'kinda stupid' is being kinda nice

SOCCER LEGS
01-02-2011, 01:24 AM
Since he started getting X-Pac heat. That's a real thing. Look it up.

He's wrong though. Miz would've been legendary.

i don't think the audience back then would have had any sort of tolerance for a reality TV star turned pro wrestler.

also, miz is pretty small, and everyone was huge during the attitude era. look at Austin... he was relatively small compared to a lot of the roster, and he dwarfs the miz.

VSG
01-02-2011, 01:25 AM
Soccer Legs got Jordan-X'ed.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-02-2011, 01:25 AM
I think you're confusing the WWF Attitude Era with ECW.

Aguakate
01-02-2011, 01:26 AM
Apparently, as I have learned tonight, Jerry "The King" Lawler could've survived in the Attitude Era...

...not only that, he would've been the hottest commodity...

...I mean, if TODAY he can be a CREDIBLE WWE Champion...uuufff...in the late 90's he would've been HOT FIRE!

Too bad he was doing PLAY BY PLAY all these 10+ years.

CSL
01-02-2011, 01:28 AM
Yes, that is exactly what everybody that disagreed with you in the other thread was saying.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-02-2011, 01:29 AM
Apparently, as I have learned tonight, Jerry "The King" Lawler could've survived in the Attitude Era...

...not only that, he would've been the hottest commodity...

...I mean, if TODAY he can be a CREDIBLE WWE Champion...uuufff...in the late 90's he would've been HOT FIRE!

Too bad he was doing PLAY BY PLAY all these 10+ years.

Glad you're still being objective.

Aguakate
01-02-2011, 01:29 AM
Yes, that is exactly what everybody that disagreed with you in the other thread was saying.

I love all of you anyway...even if you're all wrong.

Aguakate
01-02-2011, 01:30 AM
Glad you're still being objective.

No, I'm being sarcastic now.

I'm a Chameleon.

SOCCER LEGS
01-02-2011, 01:31 AM
Dude, did you even live through the attitude era? WWE did not have gimmicks with drugs, and why do you think Miz would have X-Pac heat? X-Pac heat is real dislike, and if you are playing a heel then it is fine. That term is so markish it makes me sick.

Orton wouldn't cut it? Hah, are you kidding me. He could have been the antithesis of Austin and a more toe to toe rival with The Rock.

Daniel Bryan would get over in any time period, light heavyweight title not needed.

And your Kofi Kingston comment is just racist.

This thread is kinda stupid.

x-pac heat is not fine if you're playing a heel

orton is boring as fuck and would have 0 chance at cutting a promo against austin or the rock and not coming off like shit.

daniel bryan is only over because of internet fans which didn't play nearly as big of a role back then.

the kingston gimmick isn't racist, it's stereotypical and the WWE did plenty of stereotypical shit back then.

okay you stupid nigger?

Aguakate
01-02-2011, 01:32 AM
okay you stupid nigger?

...what the heck's wrong with u?

SOCCER LEGS
01-02-2011, 01:33 AM
just demonstrating to this retard what a "racist comment" really is

Lock Jaw
01-02-2011, 01:33 AM
SOCCER LEGS garnering some X-Pac heat in this thread.

Aguakate
01-02-2011, 01:34 AM
..."X-Pac heat"...

...unbelievable.

SOCCER LEGS
01-02-2011, 01:36 AM
SOCCER LEGS garnering some X-Pac heat in this thread.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tazz Dan
01-02-2011, 01:38 AM
daniel bryan is only over because of internet fans which didn't play nearly as big of a role back then.

Um.... That's when most of us started coming here, so I'd say you're wrong there.

Tazz Dan
01-02-2011, 01:38 AM
Ok, well maybe not most of us, but a few.

SOCCER LEGS
01-02-2011, 01:40 AM
yes there were internet fans, just not nearly as many of them, and they represented a much smaller % of the total fanbase.

not sure why that is so hard to comprehend.

CSL
01-02-2011, 01:40 AM

orton is boring as fuck and would have 0 chance at cutting a promo against austin or the rock and not coming off like shit.

the kingston gimmick isn't racist, it's stereotypical and the WWE did plenty of stereotypical shit back then.

okay you stupid nigger?

Good god. I don't suppose there's much chance of you just not posting anymore is there?

SOCCER LEGS
01-02-2011, 01:41 AM
go drink a cup of bleach and i promise i'll stop posting here.

CSL
01-02-2011, 01:42 AM
Brilliant.

Tazz Dan
01-02-2011, 01:43 AM
yes there were internet fans, just not nearly as many of them, and they represented a much smaller % of the total fanbase.

not sure why that is so hard to comprehend.

Not as many, but still quite a few. It was internet fans that pushed the attitude era, WCW when it was hot and ECW. They were the guys in the area's chanting and making noise. And everyone else jumped on the bandwagon quick because of it.

not sure why that is so hard to comprehend

Aguakate
01-02-2011, 01:44 AM
Some people here don't like me because my points of view are a little bit different than everyone else's, but Soccer Legs is just...obnoxius.

SOCCER LEGS
01-02-2011, 01:45 AM
now you're just talking out your ass.

Juan
01-02-2011, 01:45 AM
Wish I could ban both of you forever.

SOCCER LEGS
01-02-2011, 01:46 AM

lol u mad?

Tazz Dan
01-02-2011, 01:47 AM

I used to feel the same, but without dipshits like them this place would just get boring. :-\

SOCCER LEGS
01-02-2011, 01:48 AM
Some people here don't like me because my points of view are a little bit different than everyone else's, but Soccer Legs is just...obnoxius.

no, people don't like you because you're a fucking moron.

people don't like me because i'm intellectually superior to them and they just can't hang so they gotta hate instead.

Aguakate
01-02-2011, 01:49 AM

Too bad it's a Democracy...not a Dictatorship:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZJ5gkKgM-tw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZJ5gkKgM-tw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

CSL
01-02-2011, 01:50 AM
I used to feel the same, but without dipshits like them this place would just get boring. :-\

Nah it wouldn't. He's not entertaining, just really deluded and shit. I'd have no problems 'discussing' who may or may not have thrived in the Attitude era if the person that started the discussion wasn't so glaringly and hopelessly clueless.

CSL
01-02-2011, 01:51 AM
And Aguakate is nowhere near as bad as SOCCERLEGS.

SOCCER LEGS
01-02-2011, 01:52 AM
lol u mad

Aguakate
01-02-2011, 01:52 AM

Thanks...

...I think...

:-\

SOCCER LEGS
01-02-2011, 01:53 AM

http://captionsearch.com/pix/thumb/mweuewlu1-t.jpg

Tazz Dan
01-02-2011, 01:53 AM
Nah it wouldn't. He's not entertaining, just really deluded and shit. I'd have no problems 'discussing' who may or may not have thrived in the Attitude era if the person that started the discussion wasn't so glaringly and hopelessly clueless.

I wasn't meaning so much their personalities, more when they try and out-flame each other. It's rather sad yet amusing at the same time.

SOCCER LEGS
01-02-2011, 01:55 AM
I wasn't meaning so much their personalities, more when they try and out-flame each other. It's rather sad yet amusing at the same time.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_l2VT7bYUEaY/TRkn7HrfBQI/AAAAAAAAQO4/Fg0z7-WFr_M/s1600/u-mad+%252816%2529.jpg

Aguakate
01-02-2011, 01:55 AM

I'm not trying to "out flame" anyone.

I'm just giving ya'll the best that I got...

...that's all I can do...

...give ya'll the best that I got.

Juan
01-02-2011, 01:57 AM
lol u mad?

Furious.

Tazz Dan
01-02-2011, 01:57 AM
I'm not trying to "out flame" anyone.

I'm just giving ya'll the best that I got...

...that's all I can do...

...give ya'll the best that I got.

If this, as in that ^^^^ is the best you have, I'd rather go without.

Aguakate
01-02-2011, 01:58 AM
If this is the best you have, I'd rather go without.

You've got some real good potential, kiddo...

...keep on going...I believe in you.

(Aguakate pats Tazz Dan on the back)

SOCCER LEGS
01-02-2011, 01:59 AM
I"m a huge faggot.

Rammsteinmad
01-02-2011, 02:02 AM
Anyone from today would have got through the Attitude Era, including John Cena.

A more interesting question would be who from the Attitude Era would survive today? Because as much as we all love Steve Austin, he'd never have become the uber-megastar he became if it wasn't for all the cursing, beer-drinking and middle-finger sticking he did.

IMO.

Kane Knight
01-02-2011, 02:05 AM
Most of the stuff you said in the first post is brain-damage territory. And every guy under contract today would have been fine.

Especially when you consider the crowds were so hot they would have popped for the hot dog vendor if he wrestled a match.

SOCCER LEGS
01-02-2011, 02:06 AM
Especially when you consider the crowds were so hot they would have popped for the hot dog vendor if he wrestled a match.

sounds like a pretty sweet gimmick

Supreme Olajuwon
01-02-2011, 02:06 AM
http://www.fortunecity.com/olympia/mcmahon/48/multimedia/fatu3.jpg

This was one of the most popular gimmicks in the attitude era.

SOCCER LEGS
01-02-2011, 02:07 AM
fortune city?

Aguakate
http://www.fortunecity.com/olympia/mcmahon/48/multimedia/fatu3.jpg

This was one of the most popular gimmicks in the attitude era.

That's awesome.

SOCCER LEGS
i don't remember that one.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-02-2011, 02:09 AM
It's Rikishi's big fat thong ass. The point being that literally anything could get over in the attitude era.

blak23
01-02-2011, 02:11 AM
the attitude era is dead let it go

Aguakate
01-02-2011, 02:11 AM
It's Rikishi's big fat thong ass. The point being that literally anything could get over in the attitude era.

That's for sure.

SOCCER LEGS
01-02-2011, 02:14 AM
couldn't be any further from the truth.

Mooияakeя™
01-02-2011, 02:45 AM
If Orton was on his current persona, he'd be fine.

Punk is pretty much a new Right To Sensor (or was) and he can work and work the mic, he'd be fine.

The Nexus idea would of really worked well back then. Gangs were everywhere. It was "in". DoA, Ministry, Brood, dX, NoD, LB. They were the shit back then.

Jordan
01-02-2011, 03:28 AM
the attitude era is dead let it go

Hypothetical questions are what make a wrestling discussion forum fun. And SOCCER LEGS, you have your opinions and feel the way that you do, and I really don't care that you feel that way.

Your a smark, and that just means your in an even bigger group of loser than the rest of us.

Shadrick
01-02-2011, 03:55 AM

okay you stupid nigger?

cmon man...not necessary

Supreme Olajuwon
01-02-2011, 04:19 AM
couldn't be any further from the truth.

so your position is that Rikishi and Too Cool were a better fit for the attitude era than Randy Orton who "wouldn't cut it"

tremendous

Tazz Dan
01-02-2011, 04:39 AM
Who closed this?