PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown Spoilers for this week (Supreme smokes pole. Oh, and a big spoiler) - Now with video too!

VSG
01-05-2011, 12:09 AM
Courtesy Ben Nisbet of PWI:

*World champion Edge defeated Kane in a Last Man Standing match.

*Kofi Kingston pinned Dolph Ziggler to win the WWE Intercontinental championship. Post match, Dolph attacked Kingston. Vickie Guerrero cuts a promo demanding a restart and there was so much crowd heat, you couldn't make out what she said. Kingston then wins again.

*Backstage promo with Drew McIntyre and Kelly Kelly.

*Drew McIntyre vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Big Show to determine a new top contender for the World championship. Vickie Guerrero comes out and adds Dolph Ziggler to the match. Dolph Ziggler pinned Cody to become the number one contender. Late in the match, Wade Barrett came out and attacked Big Show.

*They aired another new Ezekiel Jackson promo pushing that he's coming soon to Smackdown.

*Michelle McCool pinned Kelly Kelly. LayCool continued to attack Kelly but Drew McIntyre hit the ring and cleared it to make the save.

*Best of Three Falls: Alberto del Rio vs. Rey Mysterio. Del Rio avoids the 619 and nails the rolling armbreaker for Fall One. Rey comes back to win the second fall. Del Rio scores the pin in Fall Three after Ricardo holds Rey's leg down. Rey destroys Ricardo after.

Note by Mike Johnson:

In asking around, I was told Wade Barrett's appearance on the Smackdown taping tonight is a permanent move to that brand. So, there's going to be no babyface turn or follow-up, just CM Punk taking over Nexus.

Theo Dious
01-05-2011, 12:10 AM
What's the fucking big spoiler, the IC change?

Lara Emily
01-05-2011, 12:12 AM
From main Event level on Raw to feuding with the Big Show. Lame

Supreme Olajuwon
01-05-2011, 12:13 AM
Putting Ziggler on PPV is a good thing. Probably the most consistently excellent wrestler in the company.

VSG
Ok so clearly Wade Bah-utt on Smackdown is the big spoiler I mentioned in the 1st post. I am glad they did not turn him face/give him a break and allow the fans to forget him.

A bit disappointed it came at the expense of the Cody-Big Show "feud" or whatever it was going to be. I fear Cody may be left stranded a bit here.

Zeke is still on his way, they definitely didn't want both him and Wade coming in the same week. Maybe Zeke-Cody?

Lastly, Kofi is IC Champ :D

Supreme Olajuwon

Bitch bitch bitch. That's all you do.

VSG
01-05-2011, 12:14 AM

lol c'mon. You were all predicting him getting lost as a face. Be glad we got this.

Lara Emily
01-05-2011, 12:15 AM
Bitch bitch bitch. That's all you do.

When they actually do something right with Barrett I won't bitch, until then.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-05-2011, 12:16 AM
The guy's been in the company for less than a year and was pushed like a god. What more do you want?

Seriously, you're going to bitch no matter what they do. You know it. I know it. Let's just be up front and honest about it. You just want to bitch because that's what you do.

Lara Emily
01-05-2011, 12:16 AM
lol c'mon. You were all predicting him getting lost as a face. Be glad we got this.

Nah I was predicting either he'd get lost as a Face or go over to Smackdown and get lost there amidst a mediocre show

VSG
01-05-2011, 12:17 AM
So what do you think is "right with Barrett"? I don't see anything wrong with him feuding with the 2nd biggest face on Smackdown (after Rey) right now. Beside, Barrett is a legit 6'4" or so and will look real good if put over Big Show here.

Lara Emily
01-05-2011, 12:17 AM
The guy's been in the company for less than a year and was pushed like a god. What more do you want?

Seriously, you're going to bitch no matter what they do. You know it. I know it. Let's just be up front and honest about it. You just want to bitch because that's what you do.

A god? He's been pushed like a total idiot for the past 4 months or so.

Jeritron
01-05-2011, 12:19 AM
Wade will be just fine. He's probably on Smackdown to feud with Undertaker. They'll probably feed Big Show to him and then have Taker return and set-up their match at Wrestlemania.
Unless Brock Lesnar returns to WWE, I'm quite certain that's the going plan.

VSG
01-05-2011, 12:20 AM

See, NO ONE gets put over Cena. The fact that Barrett got an angle with him for over 6 months is more than most established superstars can claim. Despite the match results, Barrett is now a recognized force in WWE whereas 12 months ago he was in FCW wearing that awesome coat w/rose of his.

VSG
01-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Oh ya one more thing, he is finally going to get that promised theme song of his now :p

Supreme Olajuwon
01-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Bros, who even gives a shit about stupid ass Wade Barrett rite now?

Dolph Ziggler is main eventing, niggums.

Jeritron
01-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Nexus didn't really humiliate him. CM Punk cost him a match and took over. He can easily cut a promo on Smackdown claiming that they made the wrong choice, underappreciated him, and he's on Smackdown to fly solo.

Mr. Pierre
01-05-2011, 12:26 AM
Ziggler vs. Edge should be a great match :y:

Barrett and Show just seems like an "in the rumble" feud until his business with Kane and Undertaker comes to the surface. Sounds pretty good to me.

Jeritron
01-05-2011, 12:26 AM

Indeedy. Should be a hot main event. Royal Rumbles are usually used to elevate stars into main events that usually aren't, though.
He'll probably return to the midcard for the rest of the year.

I think he'll win MITB this summer.

VSG
01-05-2011, 12:28 AM

Ya, that is definitely a good thing. Almost a guarantee he is in the smackdown Elimination Chamber match too.

Supreme Olajuwon
Well he'll main event the Rumble, which means he'll most likely be in the Elimination Chamber, and he'll definitely be in MITB or some match at WrestleMania.

Supreme Olajuwon
Ya, that is definitely a good thing. Almost a guarantee he is in the smackdown Elimination Chamber match too.

I SAID IT FIRST

VSG
01-05-2011, 12:29 AM
Not according to this thread, nigga.

Mr Amazing
01-05-2011, 12:29 AM
Oh ya one more thing, he is finally going to get that promised theme song of his now :p

he will probably get his fcw theme(kavals old theme)

Jeritron
01-05-2011, 12:30 AM
Since they have other plans for Punk, I think they'll have a Ziggler Danielson rematch at Wrestlemania

VSG
01-05-2011, 12:31 AM
I don't think the audience can be expected to have forgotten Kaval so quickly. I am hoping for a Jim Johnston special sooner rather than later.

Jeritron
01-05-2011, 12:31 AM
he will probably get his fcw theme(kavals old theme)

Sounds like a broke-ass NFL films song

Jeritron
01-05-2011, 12:32 AM
That must have been made for XFL highlights

Supreme Olajuwon
01-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Should take the Danielson approach and give him an NFL CLASSIC

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p30QHbD8018?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p30QHbD8018?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Jeritron
01-05-2011, 12:37 AM
Love the real deal

Jeritron
01-05-2011, 12:38 AM
Who ends that with Peyton Manning? C'mon. This is about glory and victory, not endorsements

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-05-2011, 12:41 AM
No Tom Brady? Fuck that noise!

Who ends that with Peyton Manning? C'mon. This is about glory and victory, not endorsements

At least Peyton looked like a homo in that red uniform.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-05-2011, 12:44 AM
Can't you go five minutes without masturbating to Tom Brady? Despite what you think, that's not normal.

Jeritron
01-05-2011, 12:46 AM
No

Lock Jaw
01-05-2011, 12:56 AM
Looking good for Ziggler's career right about now. Should be a good feud too, with Vickie in the mix with her history with Edge. They need to let some of Vickie's heat transfer over to Ziggler though. Often Vickie will do all of his talking for him. He needs to reach out and take the hatred for himself.

As for Wade Barrett, things look slightly worse for his career... but still infinitely better than when he came in. When he came in, he was just a nobody. Now, even with being booked very weakly, he is a "major player". He is a somebody.

Sucks that we'll get no follow up with him and Punk/Nexus though.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-05-2011, 01:05 AM
Why is it that every time something happens in wrestling, people react like it's the last thing that will ever happen?

"Sucks that we'll get no follow up with him and Punk/Nexus though."

You're basing that on the spoilers of one show. They'll have more.

VSG
01-05-2011, 01:06 AM
Now, even with being booked very weakly, he is a "major player". He is a somebody.

How can you say that based on 1 show?

Edit: :foc: Supreme

Supreme Olajuwon
01-05-2011, 01:07 AM
I WIN

EAT IT

VSG
01-05-2011, 01:08 AM
I see Tazz Dan doesn't like profanities. What's up with that, TD?

Supreme Olajuwon
01-05-2011, 01:09 AM
Dunno. Don't worry. I got it.

VSG
01-05-2011, 01:10 AM
A shame I can't rep you again right now.

Lock Jaw
01-05-2011, 01:16 AM
How can you say that based on 1 show?

Edit: :foc: Supreme

Barrett has been on TV for like over six months. That does not equal one show. I didn't say he was booked weakly on Smackdown.

bigslimjj
01-05-2011, 01:21 AM
Smackdown sounds like an overall good show. Except for the fact that the WWE writers are fucking stupid. Why couldn't Barrett feud with Nexus,Cena,Orton,Miz,Sheamus,and everyone else. They had a perfect setup to have a wrestler who is against everyone all the time. Such an asshole that everyone hates him. Like he's been doing throughout his entire nexus run. I really think that they took the lazy and totally unimaginitive way out.
i also think they'll just forget about Nexus/Taker angle all together in typical WWE-"Fans don't remember more then 3 months" attitude.

CSL
01-05-2011, 01:24 AM
Oh look, Supreme is stealing peoples responses then going back in time and posting them first WHAT A SURPRISE :motherfucker:

Supreme Olajuwon
01-05-2011, 01:25 AM
Just because they didn't book it exactly like you wanted them to doesn't mean it's a bad decision.

Also don't see how it's lazy or unimaginative in any way. You haven't even seen it. You read 1 sentence about it.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-05-2011, 01:28 AM
Oh look, Supreme is stealing peoples responses then going back in time and posting them first WHAT A SURPRISE :motherfucker:

mod abuse

Lock Jaw
01-05-2011, 01:28 AM
Come on. Even with just one sentence, it is pretty obvious that sending him to Smackdown was the easy way out. He could do wonders there, don't get me wrong. Doesn't change the fact that it was the easy way out.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-05-2011, 01:29 AM
OR

OR

OR

maybe they'll do it later

they held off on Miz Morrison for a long time. don't hear anyone bitching about that.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-05-2011, 01:30 AM
actually a lot of people bitched about that

but they were wrong

VSG
01-05-2011, 01:32 AM
It was mostly just Lara Emily and Xero. Ok, I take that back.. That IS a lot of people if you know what I mean. BOOM!

Supreme Olajuwon
01-05-2011, 01:32 AM
The point is that in a never ending world of storylines that goes on and on and on without rest, it's really fucking retarded to act like because something doesn't immediately happen, that means it'll never happen.

Aguakate
01-05-2011, 01:34 AM
Alberto Del Rio will be World Heavyweight Champion before Summerslam.

VSG
01-05-2011, 01:36 AM
Surely you meant to post that in the "Predictions for 2011" thread, eh hombre?

Aguakate
01-05-2011, 01:40 AM
No.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-05-2011, 01:41 AM
Love Del Rio a ton.

Lock Jaw
01-05-2011, 01:41 AM
The point is that in a never ending world of storylines that goes on and on and on without rest, it's really fucking retarded to act like because something doesn't immediately happen, that means it'll never happen.

That's the point though. In a never ending world of storylines that go on and on without rest, if things don't happen right away, and a few months are allowed to pass by it does not have the same meaning.

Using your example of Miz/Morrison. They held off on it, yeah. But by the time it came about, their history together was pretty much just something for the commentators to note, rather than part of the story.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-05-2011, 01:42 AM
Lo amo mucho

Lock Jaw
01-05-2011, 01:44 AM
I'm surprised Ziggler is getting a shot at the title before Del Rio.

WWE Management seems pretty high on Ziggy at the moment.

Supreme Olajuwon
All I know is you people jump the gun way too early and act like whatever happens can't be changed.

Lock Jaw
Oh wait, him and Rey were randomly added to the match at TLC. Never mind.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-05-2011, 01:45 AM
Ziggler is one of a select few guys that you can guarantee a quality match out of. The guy is excellent.

Aguakate
01-05-2011, 01:45 AM
WWE's pushing young guys left and right, to see which ones "stick".

That's ok, I guess.

Rammsteinmad
01-05-2011, 01:54 AM
Kinda gutted about Barrett being on Smackdown, I mean, the Blue Brand is my favourite show and all, but I feel it's kind of a lack of creativity on the WWE's part. "He's out of Nexus and we don't know what to do now, so we'll trade him to Smackdown".

I sure hope he remains on a huge push though. The guy is awesome.

Jeritron
01-05-2011, 04:00 AM
Undertaker is on Smackdown. Why is this being missed? Did anyone see the finish to the buried alive match at Survivor Series?

Shadrick
01-05-2011, 04:09 AM
Ok so clearly Wade Bah-utt on Smackdown is the big spoiler I mentioned in the 1st post. I am glad they did not turn him face/give him a break and allow the fans to forget him.

A bit disappointed it came at the expense of the Cody-Big Show "feud" or whatever it was going to be. I fear Cody may be left stranded a bit here.

Zeke is still on his way, they definitely didn't want both him and Wade coming in the same week. Maybe Zeke-Cody?

Lastly, Kofi is IC Champ :D

:love::love::love::love:

Tazz Dan
01-05-2011, 04:18 AM
I see Tazz Dan doesn't like profanities. What's up with that, TD?

I was thinking of the front page :mad:

Dunno. Don't worry. I got it.

:shifty:

#BROKEN Hasney
01-05-2011, 04:18 AM
Guess who's got two thumbs and will start downloading Smackdown?

This guy :y: :y:

Keep him on SD until Mania, have Taker then and win, lose or draw, he could be drafted back to Raw if needed or just feud with Nexus from an inter-brand position. Could be fun.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-05-2011, 04:19 AM
Also glad I'm not at work, can't access topics that have swears in the title.
That VSG cunt.

Jeritron
01-05-2011, 04:22 AM
What's to say WWE won't consider having him start another Nexus on Smackdown?
Sure, it's the same idea as The Wolfpack, but I don't think that's stopping anything.

Tazz Dan
01-05-2011, 04:24 AM
Also glad I'm not at work, can't access topics that have swears in the title.
That VSG cunt.

So... Hasney is saying I did a good thing for once? :eek:

#BROKEN Hasney
01-05-2011, 04:25 AM
Sure, it's the same idea as The Wolfpack, but I don't think that's stopping anything.

Yeah, but at least they won't be on the same show. I'd rather he goes on his own for a bit though, or forms a loose partnership rather than a hard and fast group.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-05-2011, 04:26 AM
So... Hasney is saying I did a good thing for once? :eek:

Don't be like that baby you know you're my world.

Tazz Dan
01-05-2011, 04:29 AM
:D

Tazz Dan
01-05-2011, 04:31 AM

Yeah, but at least they won't be on the same show. I'd rather he goes on his own for a bit though, or forms a loose partnership rather than a hard and fast group.

Everyone knows the Wolfpac was the cooler group, so it would only be a good thing. If they were comparable it is.

Also, could totally see Rey and Del Rio teaming up and starting some lWo style group too. :y:

Volare
01-05-2011, 05:57 AM
Putting Ziggler on PPV is a good thing. Probably the most consistently excellent wrestler in the company.

Ziggles in the main event. Sweet! I hope he can run with Edge as well as he did with Danielson.

MoFo
01-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Edge v Ziggler. Nice.

MIZantine Empire
01-05-2011, 08:52 AM
even tho i dont like kaval, i will say this..comparing the two NXT winners, i would say your statement it irrelevant

MIZantine Empire
01-05-2011, 09:02 AM
i was at this smackdown tonight in Tucson..the crowd was hot..real hot..even tho they had a good 10+ sections tarped off. viky guerrero got SOOO much heat it was crazy..u could not hear a fucking thing she said. Kofi got a great pop when he won then retained. best part for me, was first marking out for Del Rio, and being in a section FULL of kids in misterio masks..second during his match, everytime Rey got a nearfall i would stand up and yell "TWWWOOOOO" it got to the point that this little kid in front of me was PISSED...and half the sections around me would look over when they saw a nearfall and lol...course when del rio got a nearfall i caught some flak from everyone. lol..then the count out, and that little kid would not turn around and i marked out again. all in all, this was a very good show..edge and kane fought right by me..which was cool..and the crowd was great. from NXT to Superstars to Smackdown they really did a great job this time. i cant wait for them to come back..oh i also marked for barrett..those kids hated me

Ermaximus
01-05-2011, 09:40 AM
So the Rumble title matches are set then.

The Miz (c) vs. Randy Orton
Edge (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

Ziggler in a title match is just all kinds of awesome. I don't see him winning at the Rumble, probably because Vickie or some shit, but it's cool cuz he's in the main event so I can't really ask for much else. He's going to put on a good match, he's going to be made to look good, and he's going to win the title at some point this year. Ziggler is on the rise and anyone who has issues with that is an idiot cuz the guy is the goods. The whole Vickie's new man vs her old man thing could make this fued a bit more interesting, especially if Edge kidnaps Vickie. :shifty:

Orton in another title match is a good thing too as it leaves the Rumble wide open for someone who has never won it before to do so. Think about it, Orton is in a title match, as is Edge, Taker is hurt, HHH is MIA, Rey won't win again, and I think Cena will either have a match against Punk at RR or he'll get tossed by NeXus. So who does that leave us to win the RR? I really only see 3 options here.

1) Sheamus. He's the 2010 KotR, and winning the RR could just further him into greatness. Have him win the MitB this year and the guy has pretty much won a good amount of honors in his first few years.

2) John Morrison. Clearly the WWE is behind him and clearly they want to give him a run with a title, but the question is when? His title match on Monday was pretty damned good and I could easily see him using his athletic ability to win the Rumble.

3) Alberto Del Rio. Safe to say, he's got to be the odds on favorite to win the Rumble. He's been booked strong against Rey, and of all the guys on SD on the brink of main eventing, I see Del Rio being the guy who gets there next.

Nicky Fives
01-05-2011, 10:57 AM
The next World Heavyweight Champion, Mr. Ziggles???

Jeritron
01-05-2011, 10:57 AM
I'd like to see one of those 3 win the Rumble, since it would totally fresh, but Cena HHH and Taker all have chances as well.
Barrett and Punk do too, I think.

BizarroKing
01-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Barrett on SD!? SWERVE!

Jeritron
01-05-2011, 11:02 AM
There's really no such thing as Smackdown from Rumble to Mania anyways.

VSG
01-05-2011, 11:09 AM
With the Rumble on Jan 30, and a certain book coming out on Feb 16, I wouldn't be shocked if the countdown to a number 28 or so began like:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ngpsmXnpLWM?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ngpsmXnpLWM?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

I miss autoplay :'(

jkman61494
01-05-2011, 11:16 AM
I don't mind the concept, but I guess I wish it wouldn't seem so rushed which I think might end up being a big problem for Pro Barret people.

They took an angle and really let it develop over a period of 3-4 months. Then you had the Survivor Series stipulation that seemed to take forever in which Barret actually gets to fire Cena.

But what they allowed to develop over a summer and fall they then broke down in a month.

We all know how the Cena angle ended with him getting fired, re-hired and Supermanning Barret in a Chairs match. It was bad enough they rushed the end of that angle like the writers realized they were only one month away from Road to Wrestlemania.

But then you just rush the whole Barret angle getting booted from Nexus. Why not let it last a bit and tease the ideas that there is dissension? Instead in two shows he goes from a possible leader of Nexus to being kicked off Raw and now in a feud with Big Show.

Everything involving the guy just seems rushed and thrown together. Even this Show feud will last what, a month max?

Lara Emily
01-05-2011, 11:35 AM
I don't mind the concept, but I guess I wish it wouldn't seem so rushed which I think might end up being a big problem for Pro Barret people.

They took an angle and really let it develop over a period of 3-4 months. Then you had the Survivor Series stipulation that seemed to take forever in which Barret actually gets to fire Cena.

But what they allowed to develop over a summer and fall they then broke down in a month.

We all know how the Cena angle ended with him getting fired, re-hired and Supermanning Barret in a Chairs match. It was bad enough they rushed the end of that angle like the writers realized they were only one month away from Road to Wrestlemania.

But then you just rush the whole Barret angle getting booted from Nexus. Why not let it last a bit and tease the ideas that there is dissension? Instead in two shows he goes from a possible leader of Nexus to being kicked off Raw and now in a feud with Big Show.

Everything involving the guy just seems rushed and thrown together. Even this Show feud will last what, a month max?

And who knows if he'll even win the feud with Show. Thats kinda what scares me

Supreme Olajuwon
01-05-2011, 11:46 AM
That's why you watch the show. To see what happens.

Loose Cannon
01-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Nooooooooooooooooo, not Barrett. anybody but Barrett. :(

Loose Cannon
01-05-2011, 12:15 PM
"John Cena flag waving morons."

-Wade Barrett

#BROKEN Hasney
01-05-2011, 12:23 PM
I almost don't want to like Barrett anymore, lest I be grouped with the other people :'(

Supreme Olajuwon
01-05-2011, 12:25 PM
nah I love Barrett

and I have faith in his ability to succeed

Supreme Olajuwon
01-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Can't really remember the last time 3 guys all debuted around the same time and I loved them so quickly. I guess Danielson doesn't count since I knew him from the indies, but I knew nothing of Barrett and Del Rio.

MIZantine Empire
01-05-2011, 12:56 PM
del rio cut an awesome promo, i forgot to talk about in my post earlier. talking about how their are two kinda mexicans, him then the gardners..him then the mexicans who wash cars..then those idiot kids started chanting USA..and i was like WTF Misterio? lol..

jkman61494
01-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Agreed. I've enjoyed the fact that they have actually done a really good job elevating new HEELS in the past 18 months. I'll give WWE a ton of credit for that. Thinking back to mid 2008 look who is in the fold.

-Sheamus
-Barrett
-Miz
-Del Rio
-Ziggler
-Swagger

With the exception of the latter two, they've really gotten me interested in the WWE again.

That's really impressive, to such a point you don't even really NEED Y2J and they moved their #1 heel in Orton into a face role now. And the so called groomed star in DiBiase has been passed by with no real problem.

The problem is whether it's politicing or not, they've done a pretty crummy job in developing fresh faces.

The only ones I can think of are Kofi, Bryan and Morrison. Even then they completely ended Kofi's main event potential the minute he jobbed to Orton and they gave Sheamus that title shot in the "first time battle royal" in the end of '09.

Morrison is near that level but Bryan is now stuck in US Title obscurity with no one to feud with.

They now need to either finally start main eventing some vets (R-Truth, Christian, Henry), or go to FCW and bring him some new guys to push to the moon. This Cena injury should at least serve warning to the WWE that you need other credible faces to make sure the show goes on.

Ultra Mantis
01-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Nice to see Ziggler getting a shot in the main event.

If he does win the rumble then Del Rio vs Edge vs Christian at Mania for the belt would be lovely.

GD
01-06-2011, 01:25 AM
Way to make Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero weak before Wrestlemania :nono:

VSG
01-06-2011, 01:45 AM
What? How is being No.1 contender for the World title "weak"?

Lock Jaw
01-06-2011, 01:55 AM
Because he isn't a champion RIGHT NOW!! :mad: :mad:

VSG
01-06-2011, 01:58 AM
It is standard protocol, Dave: when you upgrade from mid card to upper card, you lose mid card title.

Jura
01-06-2011, 02:17 AM
Has Kane won anything or had anything make him look good since feuding with Edge?

GD
01-06-2011, 02:31 AM
It is standard protocol, Dave: when you upgrade from mid card to upper card, you lose mid card title.

http://lme26.tripod.com/pics/n444.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/000/986/697/goldberg8_crop_340x234.jpg?1278649905

P. S. When did he become the #1 Contender for the World title? :?:

Juan
01-06-2011, 02:42 AM

He's just running a joke from last week's SD spoilers thread into the ground.

VSG
01-06-2011, 08:26 AM
That is probably it. But knowing him, and just in case, Dave: Read the spoilers again. Fatal 4 way for No. 1 contendership happened.

GD
01-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Way to make the number 1 contender for the Heavyweight title look weak :nono:

VSG
01-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Quit while you are ahead, dude.

Fox
01-06-2011, 01:10 PM

In all fairness, this is probably just going to be a feud to build up Barrett for his WM match against Taker. No better way to make him look like a threat against the Deadman's streak than to have him go over the biggest guy in the company (literally).

Ermaximus
01-06-2011, 01:22 PM
In all fairness, this is probably just going to be a feud to build up Barrett for his WM match against Taker. No better way to make him look like a threat against the Deadman's streak than to have him go over the biggest guy in the company (literally).

I want to see Barrett do The Wasteland on Big Show. Should be amazing if done right.

VSG
01-06-2011, 01:32 PM
He almost crippled Mark Henry doing that, it is less safe than the AA to both guys..

Lock Jaw
01-06-2011, 02:13 PM

If he in fact does go over Big Show.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-06-2011, 02:47 PM

Last week Guru Dave started bitching about the Smackdown spoilers so we started making that joke. So Guru Dave tried to steal it so we'd stop making fun of him.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Because if not, then he'll be buried forever and never regain his credibility. Just like CM Punk.

Fox
01-06-2011, 07:52 PM

If the plan really is to go for Barrett/Undertaker at Mania, then I almost guarantee you that Barrett will come out the stronger competitor after this feud is said and done. He might job a couple times to keep Show looking strong as well, but in the end Barrett will look like more of a threat by taking out the big man. I wouldn't be surprised if Undertaker made his return after their blow-off match, either on Smackdown, the Rumble or at Elimination Chamber.

I don't really want to see Barrett hit Show with the Wasteland. It's extremely dangerous to perform on someone that size and the "lifting up the giant" thing is more suited for a face pop moment anyways. Barrett does need a secondary finisher that he can use on guys the size of Undertaker and Big Show without it being so dangerous, and it's also too much like the Attitude Adjustment in my opinion.

CSL
01-06-2011, 07:58 PM
I don't see him keeping it for long anyway, it's a bit shit. Probably something he needed/was given because he was getting called up, he didn't use it before he was signed and I don't recall him using it in the bits I saw of him in FCW.

VSG
01-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Barrett needs to be given the original Burning Hammer once Tyler Reks is future endeavoured.

RatedGSuperstar
01-07-2011, 09:34 AM
I like that they're giving Ziggler the Royal Rumble championship match test run, and with Edge's past history with Vickie, it should make for a pretty interesting program.

And I like Kofi, but I'm a little bummed that they don't have anyone else to give the IC title to. I'm sure the match is great because there hasn't been a Kofi/Dolph match I haven't liked, but he's held the IC title so much over the past year or two that I don't think it does much for him anymore. Just another example of how thin that roster is, especially on the face side.

VSG
01-07-2011, 11:23 AM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wfk4O0DFRoQ?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wfk4O0DFRoQ?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Mfn2XHLnSY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Mfn2XHLnSY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SnDFtcXN1wM?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SnDFtcXN1wM?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iwSh787veHM?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iwSh787veHM?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rH6qfNzfWRs?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rH6qfNzfWRs?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BovcmpLRh1E?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BovcmpLRh1E?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bS6QxoaSnWg?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bS6QxoaSnWg?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YAAUF5rx_kg?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YAAUF5rx_kg?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sQNvb2m0ick?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sQNvb2m0ick?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ChaN8N1H20?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ChaN8N1H20?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

XCaliber
01-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Thought McIntyre was finally gonna get pushed heh Ziggler has the talent no doubt but I'm suprised that he's in the main event at the RR when they already have a viable #1 Contender in Alberto Del Rio and the recently acquired Wade Barrett looks like Edge will have the WHC for at least another month now.

Splaya
01-07-2011, 03:43 PM
This makes me believe that Alberto Del rio is winning the rumble

Londoner
01-07-2011, 06:14 PM
God, this Smackdown has been fucking awesome. Just seen the 1st hour/15mins.

VSG
01-07-2011, 07:01 PM
I am saving it for tomorrow afternoon, got some stuff to do tonight.

Londoner
01-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Make sure you watch it, they really went for it with it being the first show of the new year.

VSG
01-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Ya, I was pretty impressed with Raw and expect nothing less here. I am glad they went with the world title matches in the beginning itself tbf.

Poit
01-07-2011, 08:08 PM
I agree, this is a great Smackdown.

The audience member - I mean, member of the WWE Universe - who yelled "My beer! You owe me a beer!" during the WHC match was great.

Also, I totally marked out when Big Show hit the Final Cut on Cody.

Anybody Thrilla
01-07-2011, 10:25 PM
This was a great Smackdown. I still don't understand why anyone would want to read these spoilers, though. All they did was give results. It's not like you could tell it was going to be good from reading the results.

Anybody Thrilla
01-07-2011, 10:26 PM
I really loved how there weren't a lot of promos or backstage shennanigans. It was mostly match after match after match, and I enjoyed all of them.

Raven Reaper
01-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Yeah well, what about Drew and Kelly Kelly relationship. I'm surprised he saved Kelly instead of kicking Lay-Cool's asses. Would've been fun for a man to beat women on that. :p

Anybody Thrilla
01-07-2011, 10:34 PM
I'm actually interested in Drew McIntyre because of the Kelly Kelly thing.

Triple Naitch
01-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Great SmackDown. I'm regretting reading the spoilers, or I would have marked out at Ziggler and Barrett.

Anybody Thrilla
01-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Fuck spoilers. Would you ever go read the ending to a movie before you saw it?

Triple Naitch
01-07-2011, 10:57 PM
I usually don't read spoilers. But when dickheads include BIG SPOILER in the title, I give in to temptation. No offense, VSG.

Anybody Thrilla
01-07-2011, 11:04 PM
HUGE FUCKING SPOILER!!!!!!!!

Dolph Ziggler wore new bootlaces.

VSG
01-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Usually I read the spoilers fleetingly and all but forget them come Smackdown time. This week was one of the exceptions.

Anybody Thrilla
01-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Why even take the risk? Why don't you just watch the fucking show?

VSG
01-07-2011, 11:24 PM
Because I don't usually spend my time in front of a tv, even now I am in the lab running a few experiments. So I always catch Smackdown on youtube on Saturdays and reading spoilers tells me what's worth watching and what's not so as to cut it down to ~1 hour or so.

This is also the reason I seemingly spend so much time here, I got very little to do in between experiments.

Anybody Thrilla
01-07-2011, 11:50 PM
You probably experiment with dudes.

VSG
01-07-2011, 11:54 PM
You would wish :D

Actually my research is sponsored by the DoD and that's all I am permitted to say.

Anybody Thrilla
01-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Probably sponsored by DooDs.

VSG
01-07-2011, 11:58 PM
Ya, although there is this hot DooDette as well.

Londoner
01-08-2011, 08:56 AM
This was a great Smackdown. I still don't understand why anyone would want to read these spoilers, though. All they did was give results. It's not like you could tell it was going to be good from reading the results.

I read them quickly and could tell this had the potential to be a great show, reading them didn't spoil it for me cause it was that good.:cool:

Schlomey
01-08-2011, 09:11 AM
That was a good SD fellas.

Anybody Thrilla
01-08-2011, 09:24 AM
I read them quickly and could tell this had the potential to be a great show, reading them didn't spoil it for me cause it was that good.:cool:

And you don't think it would have been better with the element of surprise?

Londoner
01-08-2011, 09:34 AM
And you don't think it would have been better with the element of surprise?

It was great enough for me not to care.

MIZantine Empire
01-08-2011, 07:02 PM
http://lme26.tripod.com/pics/n444.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/000/986/697/goldberg8_crop_340x234.jpg?1278649905

P. S. When did he become the #1 Contender for the World title? :?:

if i remember correctly in wcw when someone who was us champ won the heavyweight strap they had to vacate the us title..

MIZantine Empire
01-08-2011, 07:08 PM
God, this Smackdown has been fucking awesome. Just seen the 1st hour/15mins.
hell yea, i was there..at one point kane and edge were fighting right by where i was sitting, but i was too lazy and fat to get up and watch..lol..plus i had already once spilled my beer all over me my brother and my heavyweight belt adjusting in those little ass seats..lol. i wish they would have showed me, when del rio beat mysterio i stood up and was cheering, and rubbing it in so many little adopted kids faces. they hated me...lol

screech
01-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Just finished watching. That show was so great.

CSL
01-08-2011, 07:23 PM
hell yea, i was there..at one point kane and edge were fighting right by where i was sitting, but i was too lazy and fat to get up and watch..lol..plus i had already once spilled my beer all over me my brother and my heavyweight belt adjusting in those little ass seats..lol. i wish they would have showed me, when del rio beat mysterio i stood up and was cheering, and rubbing it in so many little adopted kids faces. they hated me...lol

Ahhh, so you're one of those pricks that likes to try and ruin it for the kids because "you know so much better than them"?

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Kids ruin all sporting events. Fact.

CSL
01-08-2011, 07:29 PM
And fat marks ruin all wrestling events. Fact.

MIZantine Empire
01-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Ahhh, so you're one of those pricks that likes to try and ruin it for the kids because "you know so much better than them"?
never said i know more then them..i appreciate a person who really plays the part well..a guy that has the goods, and the "it" factor. i dont let the wwe dictate who i am supposed to like, or dislike. since day one del rio has impressed me, and i have killed to see him in person. him and miz are my favs because they flat out have "it" and play their role perfect. i mean hell i marked out when del rio came out for NXT last tuesday. so to answer your question, no i dont purposly ruin it for kids..i choose to use my right, just like they do, to voice my opinion, and cheer for a performer i really like. its people like you that ruin it for people like me, who go against the grain, and choose to like other people, other then the ones forced down our throats, or that we are supposed to cheer for..

CSL
01-08-2011, 08:17 PM
What in gods name are you talking about?

Juan
01-08-2011, 08:32 PM
He killed someone to see Del Rio in person.

VSG
01-08-2011, 09:02 PM
i choose to use my right, just like they do, to voice my opinion, and cheer for a performer i really like.

its people like you that ruin it for people like me, who go against the grain, and choose to like other people, other then the ones forced down our throats, or that we are supposed to cheer for..

What?

MIZantine Empire
01-08-2011, 09:20 PM
What?
ya, im not seeing the confusion here..but i will try to speak slower for the simple minded people responding to my posts. i was saying i dont see how i am being told i ruin these events for people, when i decide to cheer for a performer i really enjoy. i am not one of those people that lets the WWE dictate who i should cheer for, and who i should boo. what is not to get? maybe you guys should spend less time trying to criticize everything i post, and more time just getting the hell over it.

MIZantine Empire
01-08-2011, 09:22 PM
like whoever it was that tracked me down on FB and posted my pic on here..i wont say his name, but i dont appreciate that shit. for real, get off my dick

Juan
01-08-2011, 09:25 PM
You're such a rebel.

MIZantine Empire
01-08-2011, 09:28 PM
You're such a rebel.
love the people that that always put down people online. bet you were the type that got your ass kicked in high school, and had to sit there and watch your mom turn tricks to put crumbs on the table. so u take it out on people via internet.

Juan
01-08-2011, 09:28 PM
I called you a rebel, how is that a put down? Chill out spazz.

CSL
01-08-2011, 09:31 PM
love the people that that always put down people online. bet you were the type that got your ass kicked in high school, and had to sit there and watch your mom turn tricks to put crumbs on the table. so u take it out on people via internet.

lol I was going to respond to you seriously and then I read this. You appear to be another stupid person that has gained access to an internet connection. Like not 'internet stupid' but life stupid. So nevermind.

Juan
01-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Gotta love the mutants who automatically pull the "you have no life" card whenever they're called stupid on the internet.

MIZantine Empire
01-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Gotta love the mutants who automatically pull the "you have no life" card whenever they're called stupid on the internet.
more words being put in my mouth. never once did i say you have no life, might wanna re read what i posted. and its hard to tell on this forum, the likes of you, and other people always have negative things to say to me no matter what i post. i try not to piss anyone off, and just try ot make conversation with people on here, but you guys are making it hard to do so, and trash me every time u can.

Triple Naitch
01-08-2011, 09:37 PM
The fall of the MIZantine Empire.

Juan
01-08-2011, 09:38 PM
aaaaaaaand now he's the victim.

CSL
01-08-2011, 09:39 PM
It's always everybody else. God damn you TPWW.net!

CSL
01-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Look at Ron Mexico over here using the Supreme technique of stealing people's posts and going back in time and posting them first :mad:

MoFo
Someone post his pic again, I wanna see if it matches the image I have in my head (400lbs acne riddled retard)

MIZantine Empire
look, i will take the high road, and appologize..and even pass a compliment on for the fall of the mizantine empire line. like i said im not here to piss anyone off.. im just here because it seems like a good place to talk about sports, wrestling, and well everything..so again, i am going to appologize..

MIZantine Empire
01-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Someone post his pic again, I wanna see if it matches the image I have in my head (400lbs acne riddled retard)
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h98/echard77/100949217_l.jpg

yup i will go ahead and post my own pic for you

VSG
01-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Are you sure you are not related to Mr. Porn of Los Pancakes?

Juan
01-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Look at Ron Mexico over here using the Supreme technique of stealing people's posts and going back in time and posting them first :mad:

Ale-Alejandro

Juan
01-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Hot like Mexico

VSG
01-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Be more specific:

http://i52.tinypic.com/2rzuv4m.gif

Anybody Thrilla
01-09-2011, 08:40 AM
It was great enough for me not to care.

Retarded logic, but as long as you're having fun. You could be having a lot more fun, though.

Skippord
01-09-2011, 09:48 AM
The fall of the MIZantine Empire.
The Ottoman Empire has risen again.

VSG
01-09-2011, 03:39 PM
As long as it is not the Ootinman Empire.

XL
01-09-2011, 06:43 PM
And fat marks ruin all wrestling <s>events</s> forums. Fact.
The show was excellent. I was rooting for a Cody win but heh, Ziggler deserves it and the "story" writes itself with Vickie involved.

One criticism though: Needed more Swagger.

VSG
01-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Ya, Swagger seems to be this year's recipient of the "FU, Kofi" award.

XL
01-09-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm a mark for the guy. Hopefully he gets to cut a promo on being left off the show and picks up the IC Title from Kofi (who I am bored of seeing with that belt).

VSG
01-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Better yet, put him in the EC match on Smackdown's side. Won't win, but might get a solid wrestlemania match.

Damian Rey
01-09-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm very excited to see Dolph getting a test run in the main event. His character has come a long way in the last two years since moving to SmackDown!. Undoubtedly the best thing to happen to him, professionally.

He's obviously not going over at the Rumble, but the plus side is he's almost a shoe in for the SD! EC and could be this year's MITB winner. 2011 is shaping up well for Dolph.

I think Swagger needs to have a solid fued in the upper mid card. I don't like seeing him taking a run at the IC belt. Perhaps a fued with an established main eventer could help get Swagger back on track. The question is who's that main eventer?