PDA

View Full Version : can he sue?

FourFifty
01-09-2011, 03:46 PM
I don't even know what forum to post this. It touches on a number of issues, but in the end I feel it will do it's best here.

So Oprah Winfrey has her own network now. OWN...

I was thinking... Can the asshole formely known as Jim Hellwig take her to court over copyright issues? Before Oprah had her own network The Warrior used the One Warrior Nation. OWN.

ooTin
01-09-2011, 03:49 PM
no... just no

why would you subject us to this absurdness?

no one on here watched Opera... except for you obviously and even if they did I seriously doubt that they would admit it... This belongs on a different website all together.

You should be ashamed of this.

Tazz Dan
01-09-2011, 03:50 PM
ooTin has spoken FourFiddy.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-09-2011, 03:56 PM
I miss Discovery Health :(. Fuck you Oprah!

ooTin
01-09-2011, 03:58 PM
I miss Discovery Health :(. Fuck you Oprah!

Rich cunt thinks she can just buy everything. There was good, quality shows on Dis H!

Emperor Smeat
01-09-2011, 04:04 PM
No since it would fall under different copyright rules.

He probably copyrighted it for use as a wrestler name while Oprah owns the copyright for a tv network with those initials.

Jura
01-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Oprah could have almost anyone killed if she wanted it.

Tazz Dan
01-09-2011, 04:10 PM
No since it would fall under different copyright rules.

He probably copyrighted it for use as a wrestler name while Oprah owns the copyright for a tv network with those initials.

Oh I see what you did there..... ;)

Savio
01-09-2011, 04:11 PM
lol, no what kinda question is that?

Fignuts
01-09-2011, 04:13 PM
Kind of sad that ooTin is the voice of reason here.

Really think it's time you did something about that possible alcoholism, 450.

Emperor Smeat
01-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Oh I see what you did there..... ;)

Can't upset Oprah or else she could read TPWW one day and have it destroyed like Conan O'Brien blimp :shifty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4CMxoUy42w

Savio
01-09-2011, 04:18 PM
You know there is a 100,000 replies thread here 450

Lock Jaw
01-09-2011, 04:51 PM
http://www.ultimatewarrior.com/Media/SOUL/OWN_Logo.gif
4 Lyfe

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Can't upset Oprah or else she could read TPWW one day and have it destroyed like Conan O'Brien blimp :shifty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4CMxoUy42w

Conan won.

Xero
01-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Can he sue? Yes. He can sue for anything, and if he owns the rights to it, he likely will. Doesn't mean it would hold water, be he could absolutely attempt to sue.

That said, his copyright on "One Warrior Nation" expired in 2000, and I would assume so did "OWN" if he did copyright it, so it's moot.

From the USPTO:

<table border="0"><tbody><tr><td align="LEFT" valign="TOP">Word Mark </td> <td> ONE WARRIOR NATION</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Goods and Services</td> <td>(ABANDONED) IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Clothing, namely, T-shirts, pants, caps, sun visors, wristbands, headbands, vests and jackets(ABANDONED) IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Sports entertainment services in the nature of professional wrestling contests
(ABANDONED) IC 042. US 100 101. G & S: Providing information about inspiration, guidance and leadership for self-empowerment over a global computer network
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Mark Drawing Code</td> <td>(1) TYPED DRAWING</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT"> Serial Number</td> <td>75536135</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Filing Date</td> <td>August 13, 1998</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Current Filing Basis</td> <td>1B</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Original Filing Basis</td> <td>1B</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Published for Opposition</td> <td> August 24, 1999</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Owner</td> <td>(APPLICANT) ULTIMATE CREATIONS, INC. CORPORATION ARIZONA 8711 East Pinnacle Peak Road #185 Scottsdale ARIZONA 85255</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Attorney of Record</td> <td>CHARLES E BAXLEY</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Type of Mark</td> <td>TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Register</td> <td>PRINCIPAL</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Live/Dead Indicator</td> <td>DEAD</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="LEFT" valign="TOP"> Abandonment Date</td> <td>May 17, 2000</td></tr></tbody></table>

Xero
01-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Wish it said the owner was "Warrior Warrior".

Kane Knight
01-10-2011, 12:56 AM
I don't even know what forum to post this. It touches on a number of issues, but in the end I feel it will do it's best here.

So Oprah Winfrey has her own network now. OWN...

I was thinking... Can the asshole formely known as Jim Hellwig take her to court over copyright issues? Before Oprah had her own network The Warrior used the One Warrior Nation. OWN.

Aren't you one of the dipshits generally against frivolous lawsuits?

And was this a subtle way to confess you watch Oprah?

Rollermacka
01-10-2011, 02:00 PM
It's the Warrior I wouldnt put it past him

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Can he sue? Actually you can sue anybody you want to for anything. The real question is: could he win.

The One
01-10-2011, 03:53 PM
If he does sue, he needs to show up in court and cut a promo about hijacking Oprah's plan and putting it in a nose dive. And then emerging from the wrackage with the power from the heavens that was injected with him as he swells and continues to punish those who would stop him and his warriors!

TOVO Fact: Tovo thinks 30 Rock is a funny show.

Nightwing
01-10-2011, 04:46 PM
I was just under the assumption that Warrior had is own network now. I was looking forward to him looking for the next breakout talk show host too :(

THE TUTELAGE OF THE WARRIOR RUNNIN THROUGH THE VEINS *snarling*