PDA

View Full Version : Your 2011 buying schedule.

Drakul
01-09-2011, 10:46 PM
So, with this being the first month of 2011, what is on everyones "to buy" list this year with the games we currently know of?

Here is a year long, multiplatform release schedule taken from Wikipedia.

Games with set release dates (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_in_video_gaming#Scheduled_releases_for_North_America).

Games without a scheduled release date but likely out this year (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_in_video_gaming#Unscheduled_releases).

For me it looks like this.

February
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Most likely the LE version)

March
3DS & SSFIV3D if it's out at launch.

April
Brink
Portal 2 (maybe)

2011 without set dates
Driver San Francisco (maybe)
Duke Nukem Forever (maybe)
Forza 4
Hitman 5
I Am Alive (maybe, if the game looks fun to play. No gameplay shown, yet.)
L.A. Noire
Max Payne 3
Mortal Kombat
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
From Dust (which isn't on that release list, for some reason)
Megaman Legends 3 (if it comes out in 2011)
MGS: Rising
Ms. Splosion Man
Mega Man Universe

<s>16</s> <s>17</s> <s>18</s> 19 games and a console seems more than any normal person would need or could afford so I'll have to prune the list when it actually comes time to buy. Games with "maybe" are subject to my money, time and interest when they are released.
It's likely that a large amount of them, especially the ones without set dates, will be pushed back to 2012 so it's not as big a list as it seems.

What is on your "to buy" list this year?

G
01-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Call of Duty
Uncharted 3

alvarado52
01-09-2011, 10:51 PM
You really think skyward sword is coming out this year?

Drakul
01-09-2011, 10:54 PM
Let me dream!

Fignuts
01-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Uncharted 3
Mass Effect 3
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Hard Corps Uprising
Portal 2
Homefront

Maybe: L.A. Noire, Brink, Mortal Kombat, Bioshock Infinite if it comes out this year.

Hoping for announcements on: Mirror's Edge 2, Half Life 2 Episode 3 or just Half Life 3(lol right) another retro megaman.

D Mac
01-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Mass Effect 3
Mortal Kombat
Elder Scrolls 5
Maybe Madden 12 if it's improved.

Emperor Smeat
01-10-2011, 01:14 AM
Most likely will buy:
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
One of the Sports titles from EA (NHL, FIFA, Madden) or 2K (NBA)

Unsure or maybe much later in the year when it goes on sale:
Conduit 2
Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
WWE All Stars
Portal 2
Duke Nukem Forever
L.A. Noire
Mortal Kombat

Defiantly want to pick up a fighter but waiting until MvC3 and MK get released before making a decision. Same for decision between DNF, Deus Ex, and LA Noire.

Most likely going to pick up some 2010 and older titles for most of my purchases this year.

LoDownM
01-10-2011, 01:31 AM
I haven't really thought past Dragon Age 2 yet. Sure I'll get Mass Effect 3 when it comes out too.

dronepool
01-10-2011, 01:46 AM
Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (pre ordered the collectors Ed)
Metal Gear Solid Rising
Arkham City
Hitman 5
Assassins Creed 3

And probably like 7 more games or more if I see good games and I want them.

Drakul
01-10-2011, 02:01 AM
I forgot about MGS: Rising. I'll have to add that to the list.

Never noticed that so many good games were scheduled for 2011. 2010 was a really quiet year for me, in terms of games, so this year should make up for that.

Fignuts
01-10-2011, 02:07 AM
Aw christ. Forgot about Deus Ex, Arkham City, and Dragon Age 2.

Not worried about MGS: Rising, as that will likely be delayed until the next century, like every other MGS. Not putting The Last Gaurdian on my list for the same reason.

Also, has Assassin's Creed 3 even been announced? I mean we know it's coming, but I havn't heard about it.

Fignuts
01-10-2011, 02:13 AM
I forgot about MGS: Rising. I'll have to add that to the list.

Never noticed that so many good games were scheduled for 2011. 2010 was a really quiet year for me, in terms of games, so this year should make up for that.

I feel like ever since about 2008, the amount of good games coming out(or at least games that I want) every year has practically tripled. That's why my backlog is so enormous. Just no way at all to keep up.

Blitz
01-10-2011, 02:13 AM
MvC3
Dynasty Warriors 7
New Call of Duty

That's all I'm sure on right now.

Fignuts
01-10-2011, 02:14 AM
I think 2008 is when LIVE really started to hit it's stride with all the arcade games and DLC as well. So that certainly contributes.

Drakul
01-10-2011, 02:16 AM
I feel like ever since about 2008, the amount of good games coming out(or at least games that I want) every year has practically tripled. That's why my backlog is so enormous. Just no way at all to keep up.

It seems to alternate for me. One year there is next to nothing coming out that I want. Maybe a game or two, but that's it. Then the next year, there is more than I could realisticly afford/play. It just goes back and forth between the two for me.

Edit: Just thought of another game, when Fignuts mentioned Live. Ms. Splosion Man.

Fignuts
01-10-2011, 02:16 AM
Gotta say, I don't really get the appeal of Dynasty Warriors at this point.

Then again, I want another megaman game, so I'm not one to talk.

Vox Populi
01-10-2011, 02:51 AM
Maybe Madden 12 if it's improved.

I'm thinking that they don't have any choice in the matter. This will be EA's last year with the NFL exclusive license, and they were lucky to have scored that in the first place. If you remember, ESPN NFL 2K5 kicked the shit out of Madden, and that series only would have gotten better.

They've got no choice but to re-establish themselves as the top dogs in football gaming before they're no longer the lone dogs.

Triple Naitch
01-10-2011, 03:20 AM
LA Noir, MLB, Arkham City, and Uncharted 3.

Vox Populi
01-10-2011, 03:28 AM
MLB

PS3 owner, I presume?

I'm the biggest baseball nut you'd ever want to meet, but once a year, I give the MLB2K series another chance (because I have no other fucking choice) and a small part of me dies.

Ermaximus
01-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded
Dead Space 2 CE
Marvel vs Capcpm 3 LE
Duke Nukem Forever (no longer never)
Mortal Kombat Kollector's Edition
Dissidia [duodecium]
Gears of War 3
Aliens Colonial Marines (supposedly)
Batman: Arkham City

#BROKEN Hasney
01-10-2011, 08:44 AM
SORRY ERMAXIMUS

http://www.destructoid.com/aliens-colonial-marines-won-t-release-in-2011-191206.phtml

Ermaximus
01-10-2011, 10:01 AM
SORRY ERMAXIMUS

http://www.destructoid.com/aliens-colonial-marines-won-t-release-in-2011-191206.phtml

Yeah I know. I've heard all kinds of shit on this game left and right. It's been cancelled, it's been uncancelled, it's been cancelled again. Shit makes no damned sense, but I'm just putting it here based on the "suppossed" date. I don't expect it to ever come out, but if it did I'd be plum suprised. (Fucking Starcraft: Ghost all over again.)

ClockShot
01-10-2011, 11:43 AM
I made a promise to myself to not go to crazy this year because I have ALOT of games I need to catch up on. Hell, I haven't even started Dragon Age: Origins yet, and that's due out pretty soon.

As of right now I got Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Ace Combat: Assault Horizon on reserve right now. I was actually gonna head out and reserve Pokemon White to go along with my 3DS I got reserved as well.

Dark-Slicer Diago
01-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Chances are I'll get Diablo 3 but not really sure, I will get Mortal Kombat though.

LoDownM
01-10-2011, 01:38 PM
I made a promise to myself to not go to crazy this year because I have ALOT of games I need to catch up on. Hell, I haven't even started Dragon Age: Origins yet, and that's due out pretty soon.

Now is the time to catch up since only Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm come out in the next two months(Jan. and Feb).

Fignuts
01-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Ugh. I thought Bulletstorm would be a pass from day one, but the more I read about it, the more I like it. It's like the Bayonetta of FPS games. Which is awesome. Now I find out it's made by the same people who made Painkiller. Another one on the list.

I have Dead Space, but I havn't played it yet, so I don't know if I will want Dead space 2.

D Mac
01-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Played the Dead Space 2 demo and it was frustrating. Very tough.

CSL
01-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Evo and Madden just like every other year. LA Noire. Battlefield 3 if it's out by the end of the calendar year, ditto new UFC, maybe Fight Night Champion. I'll get NBA 2K11 probably before years end. Still waiting on it being really cheap since I don't care about it being up to date as I only very casually follow basketball.

DaveBrawl
01-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Arkham City for sure, maybe Fight Night Champion if the reviews are good once it drops in price.

Warriors of Troy looks interesting based off the Wiki page, so I may have to look more into that.

D Mac
01-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Nobody else is looking forward to Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim?

LoDownM
01-10-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm waiting to hear if they fixed their buggy 10 year old engine before I get too excited.

Extreme Angle
01-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Not sure entirely, I'll buy them as I see them in store probably.
Looking forward to, Dragon age 2, Bullet storm, Rage(is it out?), Mass effect 3 (if i've finished 2 by then...), Brink maybe... Really want a 3DS but not sure if it'll be a day one buy.

LoDownM
01-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Rage comes out in September(I think)

#BROKEN Hasney
01-11-2011, 04:00 AM
Yeah I know. I've heard all kinds of shit on this game left and right. It's been cancelled, it's been uncancelled, it's been cancelled again. Shit makes no damned sense, but I'm just putting it here based on the "suppossed" date. I don't expect it to ever come out, but if it did I'd be plum suprised. (Fucking Starcraft: Ghost all over again.)

HAPPY ERMAXIMUS

http://www.destructoid.com/pitchford-denies-no-colonial-marines-in-2011-comment-191327.phtml

#BROKEN Hasney
01-11-2011, 04:04 AM
ANYWAYS

Jan
Ghost Trick DS

Feb
Mario Sports Mix
MvC3 360
Tatics Ogre PSP

Mar
Pokemon Black
Dragon Age 2 PC
Deus Ex (Maybe) PC
Okamiden
WWE All Stars (maybe)

April
3DS!!!!111!1!
New PC GFX Card
Portal 2 PC
The Witcher 2

Pretty much it so far.

Lord-Of-Darkness
01-11-2011, 04:49 AM
Hmmm....

Easy choices have to be :

Arkham City
L.A. Noir
Dragon Age 2
WWE All Stars
I am Alive
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean
Fight Night Champion

Lord-Of-Darkness
01-11-2011, 04:49 AM
Damn, busy gaming year for me considering I want to get some older games I haven't got round to yet...

#BROKEN Hasney
01-11-2011, 05:12 AM
Not quite sure how WWE All Stars can be an easy choice at this stage, unless you'd take cumshots to the face if they were WWE branded.

Lord-Of-Darkness
01-11-2011, 07:28 AM
I'm not gonna lie, pretty much a whore for their games. Pre-ordered LOWM and everything. I probably won't get this one at release, because of so much else being on the list. But I think it's a safe bet that I'll own it(and likely sold on ebay again) before the year is out.

whiteyford
01-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Arkham City and the new Lego Star Wars so far.

Dorkchop
01-11-2011, 02:55 PM
I don't have a schedule, but I'm getting a fucking 3DS and some fucking 3DS games. I'll probably pick up a few cheap 360 games and hopefully get the Wii games I want as gifts. I'm always checking pawn pawn shops for some older games (mainly Game Boy). I'll probably finally pick up some of the DS games I've always wanted to play, but never got around to it since a lot will be pretty cheap.

Ermaximus
01-13-2011, 10:31 AM
HAPPY ERMAXIMUS

http://www.destructoid.com/pitchford-denies-no-colonial-marines-in-2011-comment-191327.phtml

Actually yes. Thank you for this glimmer of hope Hasney and thanks for making my day a little bit better.

Have some rep as thanks.

Funky Fly
01-13-2011, 03:18 PM
All I got are Dragon Age 2 and MvC3 right now. Definitely gonna be a crazy year for me, so I am unsure as to how I will be doing gameswise.

Boomer
01-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Don't really buy things new much anymore. Too backlogged to have a schedule. The only thing I've got pre-ordered is the new You Don't Know Jack.

I'll get MvC3 when it gets some Amazon credit or hits 40. Guess that means I'm off Kalyx's friend list!

Boomer
01-13-2011, 03:45 PM
And as I say this, of course Amazon has a 10$ credit attached to MvC3.

Pre-ordered then, I guess.

alvarado52
01-13-2011, 05:58 PM
All I got are Dragon Age 2 and MvC3 right now. Definitely gonna be a crazy year for me, so I am unsure as to how I will be doing gameswise.

I know this is a flub, seeing as how youre as big a fanatic for the franchise as i am, but i KNOW Mass Effect 3 is on your list.

My Final Heaven
01-15-2011, 09:27 PM
All I have set in stone are the Ico / Shadow of the Collosus HD Collection, and Last Guardian if it releases. Might possibly get the new Zelda, if money's not tight.

dronepool
01-16-2011, 01:36 AM
Well I played the Mass Effect 2 demo on PS3 and I enjoy it more than Dragon Age: Origins. About to play the demo for Dead Space 2.