PDA

View Full Version : First WWF Triple Threat Match?

Mr. JL
04-25-2004, 02:23 PM
When was the first WWF Triple Threat match and who were the 3 individuals involved in that match?

I believe Owen Hart was one of the participants but I cannot remember who the others were.

Rob
04-25-2004, 02:28 PM
Owen Hart vs. Goldust vs. someone I can't remember. Might have been someone from the NOD.

Mr. JL
04-25-2004, 02:36 PM
Val Venis might be the third guy.

Rob
04-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Nah Venis wasn't there at the time. I thought it could be X-Pac but he wasn't there either. It was in 1997. I remember the angle where Owen complained he wanted someone at ringside with him because Goldust had Marlena and the other guy had someone too.

Loose Cannon
04-25-2004, 02:58 PM
Oh, I have that on tape. I am almost positive it was HHH because he had Chyna. And I think Pillman was out with Owen.

Rob
04-25-2004, 03:00 PM
Yeah that doesn't sound too wrong. Owen definately had Pillman with him. I thought it could have been Neidhart.

Savio
04-25-2004, 03:08 PM
HHH/hbk/benoit

Rob
04-25-2004, 03:10 PM
HHH/hbk/benoit

You are a regular comedian.

Dickhead.

The Ravishing One
04-26-2004, 07:39 AM
I think it was Owen/Triple H/Goldust :y:

The Ravishing One
04-26-2004, 07:39 AM
Oh and :lol: @ Savior

CSL
05-03-2004, 11:12 AM
<font color=white>Wasn't it Sid, Bret and someone in 1997?</font>

Rob
05-03-2004, 02:37 PM
No it wasn't.

Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart and Sid did 3 ways on the house shows before this but the match being talked about was the first TV Triple Threat.

Pepsi Man
05-03-2004, 08:31 PM
hmmmmmmmm, it wasn't Faarooq vs. Savio vs. Crush from SummerSlam '97? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...I'll have to do some serious soul searching for this one.

05-04-2004, 12:39 PM
hmmmmmmmm, it wasn't Faarooq vs. Savio vs. Crush from SummerSlam '97? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...I'll have to do some serious soul searching for this one.

That one was Ground Zero, a month after Summerslam. Actually that's the first one I can remember, I don't remember this Owen/Goldust/whomever one at all.

Rob
05-04-2004, 05:29 PM
That one was Ground Zero, a month after Summerslam. Actually that's the first one I can remember, I don't remember this Owen/Goldust/whomever one at all.

It happened on Raw in April or May 1997. I'm quite sure Owen Hart had just won the IC title from Rocky Maivia this was his first TV defense with the idea it was against two former IC champions.

Pepsi Man
05-04-2004, 08:51 PM
It happened on Raw in April or May 1997. I'm quite sure Owen Hart had just won the IC title from Rocky Maivia this was his first TV defense with the idea it was against two former IC champions.
Goldust and Mero perhaps?

Rob
05-05-2004, 02:28 PM
Mero had a knee injury by then. I'm willing to stick with Goldust and HHH at this point.

Loose Cannon
05-08-2004, 10:29 PM
Okay, Let's just put this to rest once and for all. I went through my tapes and found the match.

The 1st Ever Triple Threat in the WWF was on June 23, 1997 on Raw. The match pitted Owen Hart w/Brian Pillma vs HHH w/Chyna vs Goldust w/Marlena for the IC Title. The announcers kept reminding the viewers that it was the 1st ever triple threat and they kept explaining the rules. During the match Goldust pinned Owen, but Owen had his foot on the ropes and the ref (Pat Patterson) didn't see it. *Funny moment hear as JR tries to explain why he didn't see it. JR says "Well Pat Patterson is from Montreal, Canada. WTF. I guess JR thinks ALL Canadians are blind. Anyway, Monsoon comes out and restarts the match. Owen hits HHH with an Enziguri and Goldust comes off the top to break up the count, but misses Owen and hits HHH. Goldust rolls back towards Pillman and Pillman holds him while Owen pins HHH.

Rob
05-08-2004, 10:47 PM
Thanks man

Mr. JL
05-09-2004, 01:54 AM
Thanks LC!

Vastardikai
05-09-2004, 09:30 AM
Actually, I heard quite a few mentions of Undertaker/Diesel/Bret Hart "Triple Header" matches during that brief time that led up to Bret/HBK's Wrestlemania Match.

Goldbird
05-09-2004, 11:25 AM
loose cannon is the man.

Rob
05-09-2004, 01:34 PM
Actually, I heard quite a few mentions of Undertaker/Diesel/Bret Hart "Triple Header" matches during that brief time that led up to Bret/HBK's Wrestlemania Match.

Never happened. They usually did Hart vs. Diesel matches on the road with Taker interfering after the finish.

Vastardikai
05-09-2004, 04:29 PM
Heh. Damn that McMahon and his false advertising...

05-10-2004, 03:33 PM
Okay, Let's just put this to rest once and for all. I went through my tapes and found the match.

The 1st Ever Triple Threat in the WWF was on (and so forth)

Nice one, but you haven't sparked any memories I'm afraid, which is odd since I can usually remember everything from that time frame.

Nark Order
05-13-2004, 02:28 PM

The 1st Ever Triple Threat in the WWF was on June 23, 1997 on Raw. The match pitted Owen Hart w/Brian Pillma vs HHH w/Chyna vs Goldust w/Marlena for the IC Title. The announcers kept reminding the viewers that it was the 1st ever triple threat and they kept explaining the rules. During the match Goldust pinned Owen, but Owen had his foot on the ropes and the ref (Pat Patterson) didn't see it. *Funny moment hear as JR tries to explain why he didn't see it. JR says "Well Pat Patterson is from Montreal, Canada. WTF. I guess JR thinks ALL Canadians are blind. Anyway, Monsoon comes out and restarts the match. Owen hits HHH with an Enziguri and Goldust comes off the top to break up the count, but misses Owen and hits HHH. Goldust rolls back towards Pillman and Pillman holds him while Owen pins HHH.

Holy shit... I remember watching that and marking out when I thought that Goldust won the belt...

M-A-G
05-13-2004, 10:35 PM
Yeah, Cannon's got it right. I distinctively remember Owen and Brian being all pissed off about the rules where Owen could lose the title without getting pinned. One neat spot was where Owen and Hunter had just destroyed the crap out of Goldust and Hunter was about to Pedigree Goldust. Both he and Owen hold up their hands in supposed unison and Hunter is all smiles but he's already in Pedigree position with his chest exposed so Owen backstabs him and comes off the ropes with a back heel kick on the poor guy. Funny stuff.