PDA

View Full Version : Tough Enough Discussion

Providence Peep
01-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Here are some more details on the return of WWE Tough Enough from a joint press release issued by WWE and USA this week. As noted earlier, the show will premiere on Monday, April 4th at 11pm EST after RAW goes off the air the night after WrestleMania 27.

*Tough Enough will air ten episodes beginning 4/4 at 11pm EST following RAW.. After that week, the show will air regularly at 8pm EST each Monday, before RAW.

*The twelve male and female talents will be living and training in a Los Angeles house and compete for a one-year WWE contract.

*Shed Media US is producing Tough Enough. They have previously worked on shows such as The Real Housewives of New York City, Who Do You Think You Are and World's Strictest Parents.

*The talents will compete in physical and performance challenges to test for such characteristics as showmanship, creativity, athleticism and desire, according to the press release.

*Each episode will feature a current WWE Superstar as coach.

*Each episode will also feature an elimination. The series finale will see the remaining contestants battle for the WWE contract.

And, here's a quote from Dave Meltzer re: Tough Enough...

"The company is trying to recruit experienced wrestlers for Tough Enough as opposed to people sending in applications with no experience. Unlike in past seasons, there have been no television commercials on the shows asking for people to send in applications. Instead, casting producers have gotten in contact with independent wrestling promoters for them to pass applications to people they feel have WWE star potential. The deadline for applications is 1/14. They want a seven minute DVD showing personality and trying to be unique and they don’t want people sitting on a couch saying how much they love wrestling. They want to find out about family, hobbies, playing music if they do or something unique about them. They also want a ten minute wrestling video because they are going to be judged on skill level. The idea is they want to cast people who, if they win or do well, can go to WWE as opposed to past years when they’ve had people with no experience, gain some fame on the show, but because they aren’t ready for WWE, the company was never able to capitalize on the momentum they got for winning."

So, who do you guys think should be the coaches? Do you think TE will be a success this time around? Post your thoughts on the return of Tough Enough.

Razzamajazz
01-11-2011, 05:31 PM
they get a one year WWE contract, which will be spent in fcw and if they can't think of anything to do with them in that time they will be fired

VSG
01-11-2011, 05:34 PM
We should definitely send a Clox video for giggles.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-11-2011, 05:34 PM
they get a one year WWE contract, which will be spent in fcw and if they can't think of anything to do with them in that time they will be fired

OR they become hugely successful like John Morrison (season 3 tough enough winner) or The Miz (Million Dollar Tough Enough Runner up.)

Probably what you said though.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-11-2011, 05:36 PM
We should definitely send a Clox video for giggles.

Clox is probably the kind of person who would sue you for impersonating him sending in his videos. He's gonna be a "stay at home dad" so he's gonna need a reason to get money for nothing more than just mooching off his hardworking baby mama.

St. Jimmy
01-11-2011, 10:26 PM
http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/3006131/SET-COURSE-TO-FAGGOTRY.jpg?imageSize=Large&generatorName=Joseph-Ducreux

ThePhantom
01-11-2011, 11:01 PM
So, when Tough Enough starts, is that the end of nXt, or will that continue as well?

TheAdamEvansFan
01-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Adam Evans is TOUGH ENOUGH!

Anybody Thrilla
01-12-2011, 11:26 AM
I think it sounds pretty good.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-12-2011, 12:01 PM
http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/3006131/SET-COURSE-TO-FAGGOTRY.jpg?imageSize=Large&generatorName=Joseph-Ducreux

Is it weird that this looks like Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars to me?

Sixx
01-14-2011, 06:11 AM
Clox is probably the kind of person who would sue you for impersonating him sending in his videos. He's gonna be a "stay at home dad" so he's gonna need a reason to get money for nothing more than just mooching off his hardworking baby mama.

He knows other ways of getting money.

Volare
01-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Fucking weak, so much for me getting on now. FAKINBULLSHIT

Mr. Nerfect
01-15-2011, 09:50 AM
William Regal must be featured as a trainer for at least one episode.

I also think that a big indy name should enter the contest, just for the hell of it. Or Kenny King should put in an application.

DLVH84
01-15-2011, 10:27 PM
I think it'll fail without Al Snow and Ivory. They were the best trainers for Tough Enough, although I hope Regal would be a great substitute.

Damian Rey
01-15-2011, 11:49 PM
I like the idea of recruiting guys who have experience and won't be need to be taught the basics of taking bumps, hitting the ropes, etc. I wonder how they're going to be judged though. Those stupid immunity challenges on the last Tough Enough and NXT are beyond ridiculous.