PDA

View Full Version : Chris Benoit: The Movie?!?

Providence Peep
01-11-2011, 05:50 PM
SRG Films has signed an agreement with Richard O'Sullivan to do a movie on the life and death of Chris Benoit. Half of the movie's $7 million budget is said to have been raised. If the other half can be raised, the movie would be produced in 2011.

Rollermacka
01-11-2011, 05:56 PM
... I dont know what really to say about this. I guess if its a documantary it could work, but if its an actual "movie" (actors acting out him and his life) that would be in really bad taste

Razzamajazz
01-11-2011, 06:02 PM
but movies about 9/11 and hitler are okay

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-11-2011, 06:04 PM
http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=107390&highlight=chris+benoit+movie

Rollermacka
01-11-2011, 06:14 PM
but movies about 9/11 and hitler are okay

What would you consider a "hitler movie"? I loved stuff like Saving Private Ryan, but thats more about WW2. I did like Valkyre but I dont see them doing a point of view like that for Benoit

BizarroKing
01-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Richard O'Sullivan? Is he the irish cousin of Kevin Sullivan?

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Downfall for one.

Shisen Kopf
01-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Why not make a Benoit movie? They could get that guy from willow to play him. Or maybe corky.

Blitz
01-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Richard O'Sullivan? Is he the irish cousin of Kevin Sullivan?
Because the name Sullivan isn't Irish anyways, right.

Anyways, it will probably be a pretty bad movie, but to condemn it as tasteless is stupid.

DrA
01-11-2011, 11:02 PM
They should have a bunch of scenes where he does the flying headbutt in slow motion and we can see the brain damage develop as his head bounces off of the mat. I also think it should be a psychological thriller where the audience sees what he's seeing as he finally starts to go insane.

DLVH84
01-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Why not make a Benoit movie? They could get that guy from willow to play him. Or maybe corky.

Which one from Willow? I know it can't be Madmartigan...Arik, maybe?

Sixx
01-12-2011, 01:04 AM
They will probably make this a family comedy.

Rammsteinmad
01-12-2011, 05:28 AM
This obviously won't be more than a TV movie, but it has the potential to be pretty good.

Sixx
01-14-2011, 06:09 AM
I googled that Richard O'Sullivan, and wiki tells me he's a comedian.

Nice.

Anybody Thrilla
01-15-2011, 09:00 AM
I wonder if the movie will cover that time I met him in a movie theater.

Cool King
01-15-2011, 09:18 AM
"Starring Bruce Willis as Chris Benoit

http://www.celebritiesfans.com/Pic/brucewillis.jpg

Mel Gibson as Vince McMahon

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/6277/mela.png

and special guest appearance by Tracy Morgan as Anybody Thrilla."

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pLmMug9YFkw/TRDg56Ef73I/AAAAAAAADFM/_N37NJOzth0/s1600/Tracy-Morgan.jpg

Gerard
01-15-2011, 09:30 AM
What would you consider a "hitler movie"?

Der Untergang (downfall) was all about his final days in the bunker.

Aguakate
01-17-2011, 02:58 AM
It'd be interesting to see how they do the movie, how they get everything down without having WWE's help and support...you know, how they would portray Benoit and his achievements...you KNOW somehow they'll recreate the WM20 moment, with the confetti and Benoit hugging his family and Eddie...it'll be interesting.

JimmyMess
01-17-2011, 06:54 AM
It will obvi be without WWE's approval... company will be different, names, etc. so it will be the Chris Benoit story but totally fictionalized.... like JFK.

thats what methinks

Sixx
01-17-2011, 08:02 AM
It will obvi be without WWE's approval... company will be different, names, etc. so it will be the Chris Benoit story but totally fictionalized.... like JFK.

thats what methinks

What JFK fictionalized movie are you talking about?

JimmyMess
01-17-2011, 08:04 AM
What JFK fictionalized movie are you talking about?

The Kevin Costner one... well I guess the names and stuff are the same, but the story is fiction. So yeah... actually kind of a bad comparison.... the only connection would be that its a fictionalized account...

Sixx
01-17-2011, 08:18 AM
The Kevin Costner one... well I guess the names and stuff are the same, but the story is fiction. So yeah... actually kind of a bad comparison.... the only connection would be that its a fictionalized account...

Yeah, kind of a bad comparison.

Feel like "Last Days" would be a better one.

http://www.thecinemasource.com/moviesdb/images/last%20days%20poster%20-%20300.jpg

Main character is called Blake, but as you can even see on the poster it ain't hard to figure out who it is about.

Fox
01-17-2011, 10:37 AM
They should have a bunch of scenes where he does the flying headbutt in slow motion and we can see the brain damage develop as his head bounces off of the mat. I also think it should be a psychological thriller where the audience sees what he's seeing as he finally starts to go insane.

I don't know whether you're joking or not, but I honestly think this is how it should be done if it's going to be done. Someone like Darren Aronofsky could make this amazing, like "Requiem for a Dream" but with Chris Benoit instead of the old lady.

I can see the trailer now: - Quick shots of Benoit hitting flying head butts, German suplexes, snap suplexes, running side-arm lariats, putting in the Crossface and REARING BACK with his face torn up like an animal...
- Benoit holding up the World Heavyweight Title and hugging Eddie Guerrero...
JIM ROSS: "A twenty year journey has concluded right here at WrestleMania!"
- Slow fade to black... slow fade back up to Chris sitting in his locker room with his head down, holding his face.
- Quick shots of: chair shots, falling through tables, head butts off of steel cages, slamming his head into the wall between white flashes...
- Eddie puts his hand on Chris' shoulder...
EDDIE: "Yo esse... you all right?"
Chris slowly looks up at him with utterly bloodshot eyes...
CHRIS: "I think I'm losing my mind."

(FROM THE DIRECTOR OF "REQUIEM FOR A DREAM"... "THE WRESTLER".... and "BLACK SWAN"...)

"CRIPPLER"

JimmyMess
01-17-2011, 11:28 AM
I don't know whether you're joking or not, but I honestly think this is how it should be done if it's going to be done. Someone like Darren Aronofsky could make this amazing, like "Requiem for a Dream" but with Chris Benoit instead of the old lady.

I can see the trailer now: - Quick shots of Benoit hitting flying head butts, German suplexes, snap suplexes, running side-arm lariats, putting in the Crossface and REARING BACK with his face torn up like an animal...
- Benoit holding up the World Heavyweight Title and hugging Eddie Guerrero...
JIM ROSS: "A twenty year journey has concluded right here at WrestleMania!"
- Slow fade to black... slow fade back up to Chris sitting in his locker room with his head down, holding his face.
- Quick shots of: chair shots, falling through tables, head butts off of steel cages, slamming his head into the wall between white flashes...
- Eddie puts his hand on Chris' shoulder...
EDDIE: "Yo esse... you all right?"
Chris slowly looks up at him with utterly bloodshot eyes...
CHRIS: "I think I'm losing my mind."

(FROM THE DIRECTOR OF "REQUIEM FOR A DREAM"... "THE WRESTLER".... and "BLACK SWAN"...)

"CRIPPLER"

Is it wrong that I lol'd?

Joesgonnakillyou
01-17-2011, 03:00 PM
I hate myself for this: but I know i will watch this, even though it's gonna be the shittest film ever.