PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Trick - DS

#BROKEN Hasney
01-12-2011, 02:45 PM
I honestly didn't think they'd do it, but the Ace Attorney devs have out done even Ace Attorney.

Basically you're a guy. You've just died but you've been given special powers for one night only. You can posses inanimate objects and activate them, you can go to phone numbers through the phone line and if you interact with a corpse that died that way, you can live out the last 4 minutes of their life and stop them from dying.

This person you are has no memory, but wants to know who killed him, who he was and why. It's quite dark in tone, unsurprisingly with death (although Japanese devs could easily do this in a light-hearted way), but the light moments have the same sort of humour as Ace Attorney.

Some of the puzzles are brilliant and real head-scrathers and the 2D animation with the occasional polygon is just stunning. I can't really go into detail with some puzzles because it's pretty spoileriffic. But let me tell you, this game is brilliant.

Between this, Pokémon White/Black, 999 (which I haven't tried yet) and possibly Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, early 2011 could be a brilliant swansong for the DS before the 3DS hits.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Just as a note to some rep received from Kalyx:

I know we can play these on the 3DS, but it is a swansong for DS coded games. The GBA, PS1 and PS2 all had games come out after their successor, but most were shovelware. Probably depend on how much the 3DS sells initially.

And before anyone calls Kalyx a bitch, it was a pos rep.

G
01-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Kalyx's a bitch

Kane Knight
01-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Oh, there's backwards compatability? That totally negates what you said!

:roll:

Anyway, sounds cool. "your" a guy.