PDA

View Full Version : Your Wrestlemania Headliners

ThePhantom
01-13-2011, 08:45 AM
With the Royal Rumble coming up, it is again time to head down the road to Wrestlemania! If you were in charge of making 3 matches that would be the headliners of this years Wrestlemania, what would they be?

Here are mine;

1) WWE Championship : John Cena vs. CM Punk

2) World Heavyweight Championship : Edge vs. Wade Barrett

3) 3 Stages Of Hell: Sheamus vs HHH

Xero
01-13-2011, 08:47 AM
Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar

John Cena vs CM Punk - WWE Championship

Alberto Del Rio vs Edge - WHC

Schlomey
01-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Nexus vs NexSES

The Miz vs John Morrison vs John Cena vs Randy Orton

Alberto Del Rio vs Edge

Shisen Kopf
01-13-2011, 09:14 AM
John Cena vs CM Punk vs Wade Barrett

Undertaker vs Randy Orton

HHH vs Sheamus

of course if they can get Sting then you book Sting vs Undertaker

MoFo
01-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Undertaker v John Cena

Edge v Christian

Rey Mysterio v John Morrison

Rammsteinmad
01-13-2011, 10:39 AM
WWE Title: John Cena VS CM Punk

World Title: Edge VS Christian

Undertaker VS Wade Barrett

Wolfpack423
01-13-2011, 12:22 PM
WWE Championship: Randy Orton vs. John Morrison vs. The Miz

World Heavyweight Championship: Edge vs. Christian

John Cena vs. CM Punk

The Undertaker vs. Goldberg-I know this has as much of a chance at happening as The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar, Sting, Randy Savage, etc.

Unfortunately, I think we'll get:

WWE Championship: John Cena vs. The Miz-I wouldn't mind this but it's not what I want to see at Mania

World Heavyweight Championship- Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio-I don't know why everyone likes him, but he really isn't that good. I am not impressed at all. He's not bad in the ring but he's not that good either.

The Undertaker vs. Kane-it should be vs. Wade Barrett, CM Punk or really going out on a limb either Brock Lesnar or Goldberg.

Schlomey
01-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Del Rio actually is that good. He has the "it" factor from the second he appears on the television. He exudes confidence and plays the character he was give perfectly. His in ring work is tight as well.

Jordan
01-13-2011, 12:27 PM
What with the lack of love for Orton? He's gotta be the most over guy they have aside from Cena...

WWE Championship - Randy Orton (c) vs John Cena
World Heavyweight - Edge (c) vs Alberto Del Rio vs Rey Mysterio
10 Man Tag - Nexus (Punk, Otunga, Harris, Henning) and Kane vs Nexus (Barrett, Jackson, Gabriel, Slater) and The Undertaker
Triple H vs Sheamus
John Morrison vs The Miz

Jordan
01-13-2011, 12:30 PM
Also if they went with a triple threat main event Orton vs Cena vs Punk would be a classic.

Wolfpack423
01-13-2011, 01:59 PM
Del Rio actually is that good. He has the "it" factor from the second he appears on the television. He exudes confidence and plays the character he was give perfectly. His in ring work is tight as well.

Well, that's your opinion and I respect that. I just feel its too soon for him to be challenging for the second biggest title on the biggest PPV. I don't think the match would be that good.

Mr. Pierre
01-13-2011, 02:00 PM
Punk (c) vs. Cena
HHH vs. Sheamus
Undertaker vs. Miz
Edge (c) vs. Del Rio (RR winner)

Mr. Nerfect
01-15-2011, 10:16 AM
WWE Championship/WWE United States Championship
John Cena (c) vs. Daniel Bryan (c)

-I don't care, I know it's smarkish. But I just really want to see this match, and I think they could tell a great story given the history between the two. Daniel Bryan wins the Royal Rumble in a shocker, and Cena wins the WWE Title at Elimination Chamber. Cena brings up Bryan kicking him in the head when he debuted with Nexus, and Bryan apologises, but maintains that he is better than Cena.

Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Edge (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian

-I think this would make a great story. Alberto Del Rio wants to be the World Heavyweight Champion, and earns the right to face Edge at WrestleMania, but Christian returns and wants revenge on Del Rio. Theodore Long announces that they will all face each other on the grandest stage of them all, with the big gold belt on the line.

Streak on the Line
The Undertaker vs. Wade Barrett

-This is assuming The Undertaker is able to compete at WrestleMania. Wade Barrett reveals that he helped bury The Undertaker as a way of challenging his legacy. He only goes after the top tier WWE Superstars, and The Undertaker at WrestleMania is the greatest of them all. The threat here is that Barrett has Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater & Ezekiel Jackson to help him out -- putting The Dead Man's streak in more danger than it ever has been before.

And a fourth...

No Holds Barred Match
Sheamus vs. Triple H

-A return match from Extreme Rules, with Triple H vowing to hurt Sheamus as badly as The Celtic Warrior hurt him. More than a year in the making.

As for what other big stars would do? Randy Orton would face Chris Jericho, in what would be a special match, but one a bit lower on the card, and is solely there to put Orton over some more. CM Punk, The Miz and Kane would all be in a stacked Money in the Bank Ladder Match, with a lot of past winners in there. Big Show would be in a star-making match with Dolph Ziggler, who pisses off Vickie Guerrero enough down the track that she punishes him by putting him in the ring with an angry Giant.