PDA

View Full Version : Possible Taker-related Spoiler for Mania (Includes SmackDown! Spoiler)

Xero
01-13-2011, 10:35 AM
From PWInsider:

As I noted on my audio Hotline yesterday in the PWInsider.com Elite section, a lot of people in the company were surprised to see Undertaker at the Smackdown taping this past Tuesday. Although he had visited when the company was in Texas, people were shocked when he walked into the taping in Birmingham, Alabama since he's been busy rehabbing his shoulder.

Although the primary reason for the visit was to spend time with Michelle McCool, I was told he was also there to watch the angle where Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel join Wade Barrett on the Smackdown side, which then leads to Ezekiel Jackson turning heel and joining their clan.

Jackson and Barrett have both been discussed as potential opponents for Undertaker at Wrestlemania, particularly if he needs to be booked into a situation where physically, he can't be expected to put on the physically taxing type of match that he's had in recent years with Shawn Michaels. So, the idea would be to book Taker into a situation where he can retain the streak but not attempt to match or top the last two classic years with Michaels.

Kane has also been mentioned as a possible opponent.

Loose Cannon
01-13-2011, 10:37 AM
:love: WWE is booking Nexus the way nWo should of been booked in 1998.

Loose Cannon
01-13-2011, 10:38 AM
which now leads me to believe Barrett will not get Taker at Mania. It will be a four on four Nexus vs Nexus match

Ermaximus
01-13-2011, 10:40 AM
They could always go with something like Taker and Big Show vs NeXus? This way the streak remains in tact and Taker doesn't have to work as hard? Just a thought.

VSG
01-13-2011, 10:45 AM
Taker vs Barrett and Zeke?

ThePhantom
01-13-2011, 10:51 AM
I am a little disappointed they are not allowing Barrett to be a singles competitor and build some credibility. I had a very hard time taking him, as well as Nexus as a whole, seriously after all the team beat downs. This would have been an excellent opportunity to have Wade get a solid singles feuds under his belt with a guy like Rey Mysterio, with Barrett going over.

I guess with Wrestlemania being only a couple months away, they needed to get a storyline going, but I do NOT approve of going in this direction.

Jordan
01-13-2011, 11:30 AM
I bet they will have Nexus Raw take out everybody on Nexus Smackdown except Barrett, then Barrett will turn face an team with The Undertaker vs CM Punk, Otunga, Henning, and Harris.

It could be entertaining. However, it would be nice to see all of Nexus make it to Wrestlemania.... Maybe the war wages on and Nexus Raw is able to snag Kane and Barrett's group retaliates with The Undertaker, for a 10 man tag at Wrestlemania.

Rammsteinmad
01-13-2011, 11:51 AM
Oh good god please not Undertaker and Kane again!

Nightwing
01-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Yeah they need to stay far away from the Kane/ Taker match. Watch it be a Nexus 4 on 1 at Mania, so Taker can still overcome the odds and make the match seem bigger.

bigslimjj
01-13-2011, 11:59 AM
Oh good god please not Undertaker and Kane again!Would you be opposed to them on the same team vs Nexus Classic? Cause I wouldn't.

TheAdamEvansFan
01-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Nexus Smackdown will remain heel.

It's too early to turn Barrett to face.

I see Kane being turned face and teaming with Undertaker against Nexus Smackdown before anything.

Jordan
01-13-2011, 12:33 PM
How can we not get resolution to Kane/Undertaker? First of all that was the best incarnation of the feud ever (most recently). Kane won the feud, there is no way Undertaker won't seek some sort of end, either by defeat or joining with Kane.

MoFo
01-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Bertie Del Rio v Taker plz.

Ermaximus
01-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Even better idea. Just have NeXus vs Taker, Big Show, Trent Baretta, and Percy Watson at WM. :roll:

Rammsteinmad
01-13-2011, 01:55 PM
If Kane turns heel, the huge push he has received over the last year will be for nothing. Keep him as a heel, and with his fued with Edge dying out, hopefully they can get away from all that Looney Toons stuff they were doing and get him back to being the monster he was when he first won the belt.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-13-2011, 01:59 PM
The whole point of NeXus attacking Taker at Bragging Rights was so that we didn't need a resolution of Kane/Taker. It's over. New feud. Go.