PDA

View Full Version : WWE world and heavyweight champs that turned heel while holding the belt

Dorkchop
01-14-2011, 11:33 PM
I can't seem to think of any off the top of my head.

Lock Jaw
01-14-2011, 11:41 PM
The Rock turned heel winning the belt...

Can't really think of any heel turns while actually holding the belt. There must be one, though.

CSL
01-14-2011, 11:44 PM
Punk fully turned heel during his last WHC reign.

Lock Jaw
01-14-2011, 11:48 PM
Randy Savage when the MEGA POWERS exploded.

Team Sheep
01-15-2011, 07:51 AM
Kurt Angle after he beat Big Show in 2002. He was a hero and then sided with Paul Heyman on the next Smackdown.

MoFo
01-15-2011, 08:44 AM
Chris Jericho w/ the then WCW title in 2001?

I think he started turning on The Rock shortly after that.

Also Kurt Angle on Smackdown in Jan 2006? I think he was a face on Raw just brfore then, got traded and won the vacant belt then turned.

Rammsteinmad
01-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Pretty sure DDP was a face when he won his first title, but slowly turned into a heel towards the end of it.

Or not.

MIZantine Empire
01-15-2011, 02:43 PM
didnt austin turn heel while bein champ? when he joined the corporation? i know i just watched that ppv, but i cant remember if he was champ or not. i think he was. and Kane just did it too

Xero
01-15-2011, 04:21 PM
You mean when he beat Rock at Mania 17? He won the title that night, so it doesn't count.

MIZantine Empire
01-15-2011, 04:31 PM
You mean when he beat Rock at Mania 17? He won the title that night, so it doesn't count.
no i dont think it was mania, i wanna say it was invasion.

Fox
01-15-2011, 05:06 PM
didnt austin turn heel while bein champ? when he joined the corporation? i know i just watched that ppv, but i cant remember if he was champ or not. i think he was. and Kane just did it too

This happened at InVasion. Austin was the champ and he turned on the WWF that night to join the Alliance.

The person who said DDP did too is also correct. Page was kind of tweener status when he won the title, more of a face than a heel though. His heel turn kind of started the night he won it at Spring Stampede, as he took out Hulk Hogan from the match by using a figure four around the ring post (even though Hogan was technically a heel at this time).

DDP turned complete heel the next night when he lost the WCW Title to Sting in the first hour of Nitro, only to win it back in the third hour in a fatal fourway against Goldberg, Nash and Sting, by cheating.

MIZantine Empire
01-15-2011, 06:21 PM
This happened at InVasion. Austin was the champ and he turned on the WWF that night to join the Alliance.

The person who said DDP did too is also correct. Page was kind of tweener status when he won the title, more of a face than a heel though. His heel turn kind of started the night he won it at Spring Stampede, as he took out Hulk Hogan from the match by using a figure four around the ring post (even though Hogan was technically a heel at this time).

DDP turned complete heel the next night when he lost the WCW Title to Sting in the first hour of Nitro, only to win it back in the third hour in a fatal fourway against Goldberg, Nash and Sting, by cheating.
ahh yes the alliance, thats what i meant, thanks!

Fignuts
01-15-2011, 07:06 PM
Yeah, but austin was a heel up in til then anyway. He just teased a face turn the raw before the ppv.

Rammsteinmad
01-16-2011, 03:30 AM

I remember this fondly. It was when Macho Man threw him the brass knuckledusters and Page was like 'wtf', but used them anyway.

If I recall, nothing ever came out of that. Why Macho? Why?

Shisen Kopf
01-16-2011, 09:14 AM
Ric Flair on his 3rd title reign