PDA

View Full Version : SD Spooilers from OKLKAHOMA

Juan
01-18-2011, 11:31 PM
* Wade Barrett, Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel open SmackDown. Teddy Long comes out, says he's in charge and disses the RAW General Manager. Alberto Del Rio comes out and says it's his show and his destiny is to win the Royal Rumble.

* Alberto Del Rio defeats R-Truth by submission. During the match they cut backstage and we see Teddy Long laid out as everyone checks on him. Teddy is taken away on a stretcher and drove away in an ambulance.

* Beth Phoenix defeated Layla.

* Rey Mysterio is shown walking backstage.

* Vickie Guerrero and Dolph Ziggler walk up to the new Nexus. Nexus says they had nothing to do with the attack on Teddy Long and offer to help out. Vickie wants them to take out Edge for Dolph Ziggler.

* Rey Mysterio beat Cody Rhodes with the 619.

* Josh Matthews talks about Teddy Long backstage but gets interrupted by The Miz and Alex Riley.

* Jim Ross comes out for an interview in his home state to a huge ovation from the crowd. Fellow OK native Jack Swagger comes out but rips the state.

* Swagger vs. Kofi Kingston in an amateur wrestling match is up next.

* Jack Swagger defeats Kofi Kingston in an amateur wrestling bout. After the match they brawl and Kofi kicks Swagger in the head to end it.

* Drew McIntyre defeats Trent Baretta. McIntyre tries to shake his hand after the match but Trent declines it. McIntyre attacks him and Kelly Kelly comes out to check on Trent, pissing Drew off.

* Edge vs. Justin Gabriel is up next. Dolph Ziggler is on commentary. Barrett, Slater and Ezekiel all got involved at the end of a good match. Edge fought them off but Jackson clotheslined him, allowing Gabriel to get the win.

They all enter the ring after the match and attack Edge.

* Dolph Ziggler comes out next and goes to attack Edge but Kofi Kingston and Edge make the save. SmackDown ends.

Xero
01-18-2011, 11:32 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8eFzjiuSu_A?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8eFzjiuSu_A?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Juan
01-18-2011, 11:36 PM
Also, apparently the new name for Wade Barrett, Ezekiel Jackson, Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater on SmackDown will be The Core.

Juan
01-18-2011, 11:37 PM
Jim Ross was the special guest referee tonight in the dark main event after the WWE SmackDown tapings in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

The match saw Rey Mysterio and WWE Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston defeat Alberto Del Rio and Kane.

After the match, Ross and Del Rio got into it. Mysterio and Kofi snuck up from behind and Ross pushed Del Rio over them to end the show.

Volare
01-19-2011, 12:41 AM
The Core, that sounds good. Marketing on the otherhand, I dunno.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-19-2011, 02:02 AM
The sooner state! ...

Whatever that is.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-19-2011, 02:03 AM
But yeah, bring out some Core top rope t-shirts so I can be a filthy consumer please.

Jura
01-19-2011, 02:12 AM
http://www.site.core-staffing.com/images/greenapple-core.jpg

Tazz Dan
01-19-2011, 03:26 AM
If Carlito could have only hung on 6 more months :(

Mr. Nerfect
01-19-2011, 03:53 AM
I like the name "The Core." Also, I read a set of spoilers which said that Michael Tarver was checking on Teddy Long backstage. Perhaps he will be a new babyface on SmackDown!?

Teddy Long being taken out is intriguing, as it shows that The Core don't like fucking around. Of course, they are denying it, which means it probably wasn't them -- so that sets up an interesting angle there. It's back to the good Nexus stuff. Also, Justin Gabriel gets a huge victory over Edge. That will surely help him in the long run, and I expect Gabriel to be one of the Core guys who really gets a lot of good from being on SmackDown!.

Alberto Del Rio again stood up to some heels, and while there is no doubt that he is a bad guy himself, it shows that Del Rio has balls, which is awesome for his character. It adds a little depth, and Del Rio going over R-Truth is never a bad thing, in my books.

Beth Phoenix wrestling and Layla in wrestling gear are always okay by me.

Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes is actually a pretty fresh match, and I'm sure they worked well together. I feel that Rey could use some momentum heading into the Rumble.

The Miz on SmackDown! is good for the show, and a Jim Ross appearance doesn't hurt. He seems to really want to help Jack Swagger get over, doesn't he? Swagger winning an amateur wrestling challenge fits his character, and continues the issues between Swagger and Kingston. Part of me sort of hopes that both men move onto different things, though.

The Drew McIntyre vs. Trent Barreta stuff was actually pretty much what I called, but I almost expected another Barreta victory. It'd be intriguing if they end up putting Kelly Kelly with Barreta to get him more over, and give McIntyre his heel edge back.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-19-2011, 03:56 AM
I like the name "The Core." Also, I read a set of spoilers which said that Michael Tarver was checking on Teddy Long backstage. Perhaps he will be a new babyface on SmackDown!?

If he had the mask, he was just looking for an unconcious body to rape.

Mr. Nerfect
01-19-2011, 04:18 AM
Michael Tarver should never lose the mask...

...or unconscious bodies to rape.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-19-2011, 04:40 AM
They should really do an angle, like with Rikishi's sunglasses. When he put them on, he wanted to dance. When Tarver puts his mask on, he wants to rape. Smell the ratings.

Shadrick
01-19-2011, 06:06 AM
Hmmm @ Kofi saving Edge.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-19-2011, 06:16 AM
Hmmm @ Kofi saving Edge.

I'll see how it plays out, but I think it's more to get at Dolph than help Edge.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-19-2011, 08:07 AM
They should reform the Nation.

But this time, give it an international flavor with guys from different countries. Just off the top of my head I'd say America, England, South Africa, and then some random ass country like Guyana or something. And don't call it the Nation either. Give it a name like the Cord or the Corn or something. That'd be sweet.

Also woo @ Gabriel going over the world champ in the main event. That's HUGE.

Mr. Nerfect
01-19-2011, 08:31 AM
So Jack Swagger is feuding with Kofi Kingston who is feuding with Dolph Ziggler who is feuding with Edge? Anyone else sense next week having an Edge & Kofi vs. Dolph & Swagger match?

Tazz Dan
01-19-2011, 08:33 AM
Way to bury your champion :nono:

#BROKEN Hasney
01-19-2011, 08:33 AM
Either that, or after this main event, Edge, Kofi & Big Show Vs. Dolph & Swagger & Wade or someone else from The Core.

MoFo
01-19-2011, 08:46 AM
Did they announce anymore Rumble participants?

Innovator
01-19-2011, 09:27 AM
Core Four baby

Hanso Amore
01-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Teddy long si going to rehash the Rodney Mack Stable with Tarver

THUGGIN AND BUGGIN

Nightwing
01-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Oh man Tarver is bout to do some raping on Friday nights.

Jura
01-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Quad core processor 3.4 ghz

Jura
01-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Maybe Tarver feigned concern for Teddy but he's the one who actually laid him out.

Lara Emily
01-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Sweet so they're gonna actually give Wade Barrett's stable mates victories instead of having them job out like idiots, like they were in Nexus.

Loose Cannon
01-19-2011, 11:00 AM
Justin Gabriel has quietly become a new fav of mine. I hated him at first (on terms with Darren Young), but ever since he's grown that beard out and become more vicious, I've been a fan

Lara Emily
01-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Justin Gabriel has quietly become a new fav of mine. I hated him at first (on terms with Darren Young), but ever since he's grown that beard out and become more vicious, I've been a fan

I love when they zoom in on him when he's ready to do the 450 and he's got that kinda far off stare as he just waits waits waits and then bam 450, great build up to the move.

Droford
01-19-2011, 12:17 PM
I love when they zoom in on him when he's ready to do the 450 and he's got that kinda far off stare as he just waits waits waits and then bam 450, great build up to the move.

http://www.oocities.com/wrestlingscandal/buhbuhevil.jpg

#BROKEN Hasney
01-19-2011, 12:19 PM
Sweet so they're gonna actually give Wade Barrett's stable mates victories instead of having them job out like idiots, like they were in Nexus.

Yup, the former tag-team champion who was always jobbed and never won a match ever prior to this in his 6 months of a rookie year. out picked up a win.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-19-2011, 12:57 PM
Gabriel definitely has a future with the company. So it doesn't surprise me that he'd get the 2nd biggest push of the group. I think Slater could be ok with more ring time, but I'm positive Gabriel can do it.

Shadrick
01-19-2011, 01:07 PM
I'll see how it plays out, but I think it's more to get at Dolph than help Edge.

Even still, its a good thing. Dolph is the number one contender for the World Title, and if they somehow carried over that Kofi/Dolph feud to upper card, I'm alllllll for it.

Lara Emily
01-19-2011, 01:10 PM
Yup, the former tag-team champion who was always jobbed and never won a match ever prior to this in his 6 months of a rookie year. out picked up a win.

You mean where they beat their own stable mates in a lie down finish?

My point was for the longest time Nexus was barely ever winning matches, basically since Cena joined and beyond.

erickman
01-19-2011, 01:36 PM

My point was for the longest time Nexus was barely ever winning matches, basically since Cena joined and beyond.

thats the good thing about the core no more jobing to cena, since they are on smackdown.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-19-2011, 04:20 PM
http://www.oocities.com/wrestlingscandal/buhbuhevil.jpg

It's Vigo! You are like the buzzing of flies to him!

BizarroKing
01-19-2011, 07:00 PM
http://www.aaabartendingschool.com/bartending_news/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/coorslight.gif

Actually it seems it is going to be spelled "Corre" (not Core or Coors like I joked about just now). Also, Matt Hardy and his group of friends seem to go by the name "Core". Coincidence?

#BROKEN Hasney
01-20-2011, 02:38 AM

Except Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater who defended their tag titles until Cena was fired.

Mr. Nerfect
01-20-2011, 02:49 AM
I prefer Core to Corre.

Early on, the Nexus guys got some pretty big victories. Justin Gabriel holds some falls over John Cena and Randy Orton (now Edge), while Heath Slater got numerous falls against Chris Jericho, Edge and even Bret Hart.

Personally, I want to see Heath Slater with the Intercontinental Title. I think he's the guy in The Core who needs the most help. I don't think he sucks, like most do -- but I feel that Ezekiel Jackson will get over with his size alone, and Gabriel will get over with his ring skills. Slater just doesn't have either a look or the outstanding presence that those guys do.

Lara Emily
01-21-2011, 11:41 PM
Slater is getting better and his new finisher is a lot better than his old one and One Man Rock Band was kinda fumy, not to mention him and Gabriel work well as a team. I'm really digging The Corre, good music a pretty cool logo, our guys who each bring something to the table (well Slater not as much), I just really enjoy their pack mentality. Watching them beatdown Edge was super satisfying. I'd love to see Slater and Gabriel as tag champs, Ezekiel Jackson as IC champ and Barrett as World Heavyweight Champ all at once before this group is done their run, it'd be sick

Best thing about The Corre is that there's no David Otunga to second guess Barrett every 15 seconds nad suck up face time as a shitty second in command.

St. Jimmy
01-21-2011, 11:43 PM
wow, not even Nexus(core) can make smackdown interested. BOOOOOORRRRINNNNG.

dronepool
01-21-2011, 11:53 PM
I actually liked the amateur wrestling match between Swagger and Kofi, WWE should do more of these matches. Danielson/Swagger might be awesome.

Lara Emily
01-22-2011, 02:49 AM
wow, not even Nexus(core) can make smackdown interested. BOOOOOORRRRINNNNG.

Yeah the non Corre stuf was medicore to boring.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-22-2011, 03:34 AM
Heat Slaters voice is a heat machine. Love Gabriels heel beard too. know he's had it a while, but just needs saying.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-22-2011, 03:45 AM
And surrrrre, Raw's Tarver was the one that found him. Thinking heeeeee's baaaaccckkkk :heart: :love: :heart:

Sans mask, but that can come back when he officially joins The Corre.

Lara Emily
01-22-2011, 03:50 AM
Heat Slaters voice is a heat machine. Love Gabriels heel beard too. know he's had it a while, but just needs saying.

That's One Man Rock Band Heat Slater to you.
Gabriel's got a gret badass look, I love the 450 being given such a devastating sell to it. You rarely see a top rope flip move being given any real sort of lethal credibility beyond wow look at that sort of thing

I kinda chuckle how they say they're all equal, I can buy that for the other 3 but Heath lol, I like him fine but to talk about him like he's their equal is funny. That being said The Corre fucking rocks still!

#BROKEN Hasney
01-22-2011, 04:01 AM
I guess Swagger's interview with JR was just to get the crowd against him to stop him getting a hometown pop. Enjoyed Rey V Cody and Swagger V Kofi as well.

Also Miz :heart:

I love Drew as well, I'd love to see him not be a part of The Corre, but team with them to take people out. Kinda like Jericho did a couple of times with the nWo near the end of his WCW days.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-22-2011, 04:27 AM
Final thing, just finishing the Edge V Gabriel now and loving that Gabriel more than held his own before The Corre got involved. Damn entertaining match.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-22-2011, 04:40 AM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/hollywoodh/gab.gif

Psycho :love:

Mr. Nerfect
01-22-2011, 05:25 AM
I'm very close to marking for Justin Gabriel. I don't watch RAW enough, but now that he is on SmackDown!, I think I'll become more and more of a fan. I hope he gets to shine in the Royal Rumble Match.

Also, Heath Slater just has something about him I like. I can't put my finger on it. He reminds me a bit of Triple H. Not for any particular reason, but I just get this...vibe. Maybe it's because I'm familiar with some of the characters he played in FCW. I think the stuff many feel work against Slater will end up working in his favour. And I buy him being a threat with The Corre. He just seems like a natural overachiever.

Lara Emily
01-22-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm very close to marking for Justin Gabriel. I don't watch RAW enough, but now that he is on SmackDown!, I think I'll become more and more of a fan. I hope he gets to shine in the Royal Rumble Match.

Also, Heath Slater just has something about him I like. I can't put my finger on it. He reminds me a bit of Triple H. Not for any particular reason, but I just get this...vibe. Maybe it's because I'm familiar with some of the characters he played in FCW. I think the stuff many feel work against Slater will end up working in his favour. And I buy him being a threat with The Corre. He just seems like a natural overachiever.

I feel the same way (there being something I like about Slater but not sure what). I don't see the Triple H comparison but I like him a lot and his new finisher looks hell of a lot more devastating then his old one, and he doesn't botch this one.

Triple Naitch
01-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Very entertaining SmackDown.

Mr. Nerfect
01-24-2011, 05:50 AM
I feel the same way (there being something I like about Slater but not sure what). I don't see the Triple H comparison but I like him a lot and his new finisher looks hell of a lot more devastating then his old one, and he doesn't botch this one.

Yeah, after watching SmackDown! I revise my Triple H comment. There was something, but it was only at a distance on how I remembered him.

I said in another thread about The Corre that I think it might be because Slater comes off like an idiot, but he's actually presented as a really intelligent in-ring character. He's out-dirtied Edge in the past. It's not that he can't back himself up, but he's just got this cunning element to him, which Matt Striker pointed out on SmackDown!.

The guy is playing the exact opposite character to what he seems. He appears to be an idiot hick along for the ride -- but he's actually an intelligent hick out for blood and glory. Slater could easily cut his hair, dye it, get himself more tattoos, etc. -- but he doesn't want to appear menacing. He's taken the way he is naturally, and incorporated it into almost in-ring poker face.

Innovator
01-24-2011, 10:26 AM
Smackdown is just a solid show, every week.

Swish
01-24-2011, 01:47 PM
All I'm going to say to this event is BORING!!. End Smackdown arleady.

GD
01-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Way to make the World Heavyweight Champion look weak by making the Intercontinental Champion save him from an ass whooping :nono:

Supreme Olajuwon
01-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Guru Dave you are the worst poster ever.

Innovator
01-24-2011, 03:14 PM
Way to make the World Heavyweight Champion look weak by making the Intercontinental Champion save him from an ass whooping :nono:

So Kofi can't get a rub by coming out to save Edge from a mismatched beatdown? Have you ever watched wrestling before?

#BROKEN Hasney
01-24-2011, 03:36 PM
All I'm going to say to this event is BORING!!. End Smackdown arleady.

Was defo more entertaining than your posts

Most accurate post ever

GD
01-25-2011, 08:22 AM

I agree. Guru Dave sucks :n:

So Kofi can't get a rub by coming out to save Edge from a mismatched beatdown? Have you ever watched wrestling before?

I was just messing around dude :p

Lara Emily
01-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Yeah, after watching SmackDown! I revise my Triple H comment. There was something, but it was only at a distance on how I remembered him.

I said in another thread about The Corre that I think it might be because Slater comes off like an idiot, but he's actually presented as a really intelligent in-ring character. He's out-dirtied Edge in the past. It's not that he can't back himself up, but he's just got this cunning element to him, which Matt Striker pointed out on SmackDown!.

The guy is playing the exact opposite character to what he seems. He appears to be an idiot hick along for the ride -- but he's actually an intelligent hick out for blood and glory. Slater could easily cut his hair, dye it, get himself more tattoos, etc. -- but he doesn't want to appear menacing. He's taken the way he is naturally, and incorporated it into almost in-ring poker face.

Plus his goofy hick thing is kinda funny an entertaining to boot and yeah I like that he's smart. I really don't know why but One Man Rock Band is so corny it works.