PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars

Kalyx triaD
01-20-2011, 11:10 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RYKP6b1QEMA" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

This is also the new Star Wars thread.

Kane Knight
01-20-2011, 11:16 PM
That's no moon, it's D Mac's mom!

Kalyx triaD
01-20-2011, 11:30 PM
o shit

BigDaddyCool
01-20-2011, 11:34 PM
It's a trap.

Kalyx triaD
01-20-2011, 11:37 PM
We'sa gonna be bombaad

BigDaddyCool
01-20-2011, 11:38 PM
No. I am watching it's a trap.

Kalyx triaD
01-20-2011, 11:40 PM
And we'sa gonna be bombaad.

BigDaddyCool
01-20-2011, 11:41 PM
No

Fignuts
01-20-2011, 11:44 PM
Havn't peeped the clone wars series yet. Been meaning to though, as I've heard good things. I have the movie on bluray, but I haven't watched that either.

Fignuts
01-20-2011, 11:44 PM
It's a Trap kind of sucked.

Blue Harvest was the only one I really liked.

Lock Jaw
01-20-2011, 11:54 PM
Haven't seen any of the new Clone Wars series either. After you check it out, let me know if I should. Haven't seen the movie either.

Kalyx triaD
01-20-2011, 11:59 PM
The movie is basically a three episode pilot so don't expect much. As far as 'cartoon' goes, though, Clones Wars is really good.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-21-2011, 12:01 AM
This is stupid in the third movie Ben was surprised when Yoda said he was talking to Qui Gon Gin.

So, why was he surprised if he talked to him in this cave? Fucking George Lucas can't write himself out of a wet paper bag anymore.

Lock Jaw
01-21-2011, 12:01 AM
Just seemed too superfluous to me. I watched and enjoyed the non-CG animated one, but that was like a prequel to Episode III. With Episode III out, it is like everything in this new series is totally redundant. Unless they pulled a Terminator: SCC and it is in a different universe.

Kalyx triaD
01-21-2011, 12:15 AM
Lucas doesn't write Clone Wars episodes last I seen. His daughter did some, though.

She seems like a better writer, too.

D Mac
01-21-2011, 04:38 PM
That's no moon, it's D Mac's mom!

:?:

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-21-2011, 04:57 PM
This isn't an official Star Wars thread until Jeritron responds in it.

loopydate
01-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Just seemed too superfluous to me. I watched and enjoyed the non-CG animated one, but that was like a prequel to Episode III. With Episode III out, it is like everything in this new series is totally redundant. Unless they pulled a Terminator: SCC and it is in a different universe.

Yeah, the Tartakovsky (sp?) show was incredible.

I've seen the first season of the new series, and it's pretty good as long as you don't try to put it into context with the movies. There are so many glaring plot holes that I gave up being upset by them early on and just enjoyed the ride. And it's honestly a pretty good show.

Kane Knight
01-22-2011, 11:51 AM
The movie is basically a three episode pilot so don't expect much. As far as 'cartoon' goes, though, Clones Wars is really good.

Is the movie in question the one where Anakin has to rescue a baby Hutt? I've gotta say, it was much better writing than Episodes 1 and 2.

Have to Netflix the series, see if it's worth it.

Kalyx triaD
01-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Yeah. I thought the premise was pompous but the execution reeled me in. On more than one occasion you will see episodes you will wish should have been entire movie plots. Some people even say this series has the right to alter canon - which is something considering the fanbase.

I love the attention the Clone Troopers get.

Lara Emily
01-22-2011, 06:14 PM
I couldn't bare to watch the Clone Wars movie if only on the grounds that the music was absolutely awful.

BTW did anyone preorder the complete saga on Bly Ray yet? Not sure if you still can but the offer was pre-order now and get all 6 movies on blu ray for 99.99 instead of like 200 or whatever the cost is, not out till Sept 27th though lol

Kane Knight
01-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Yeah. I thought the premise was pompous but the execution reeled me in. On more than one occasion you will see episodes you will wish should have been entire movie plots. Some people even say this series has the right to alter canon - which is something considering the fanbase.

I love the attention the Clone Troopers get.

Wow. That is saying something.

I couldn't bare to watch the Clone Wars movie if only on the grounds that the music was absolutely awful.

And you wonder why I think you're autistic.

Lara Emily
01-22-2011, 06:29 PM
Whatever the score is absolutely dreadful.

Kane Knight
01-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Whatever the score is absolutely dreadful.

I suffered through years of your "Rejuvenation" themes. I'm pretty sure your right to criticise music is right up there with Saddam Hussein's right to moral high ground.

That aside, it does kinda reek of autism. I'm an obsessive music geek and I could put up with it.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-22-2011, 08:06 PM
John Williams is god. The end.

Kane Knight
01-22-2011, 08:21 PM
John Williams is god. The end.

Did he have anything to do with The Clone Wars, not counting the actual Star Wars theme?

Lara Emily
01-22-2011, 08:32 PM
I suffered through years of your "Rejuvenation" themes. I'm pretty sure your right to criticise music is right up there with Saddam Hussein's right to moral high ground.

That aside, it does kinda reek of autism. I'm an obsessive music geek and I could put up with it.

I'm glad you were able to put up with it, I was barely interested in Cone Wars to begin with and the music just killed off that last bit of interest.

Lara Emily
01-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Did he have anything to do with The Clone Wars, not counting the actual Star Wars theme?

Nope

Kane Knight
01-23-2011, 10:41 AM
I'm glad you were able to put up with it, I was barely interested in Cone Wars to begin with and the music just killed off that last bit of interest.

Good retcon. Unlikely, but nice retcon. You probably queued up a week in advance, like all the other SW fans who were "barely interested."

Nowhere Man
01-23-2011, 12:11 PM
It took me a while to warm up to Clone Wars, mainly because there's a ton of stuff that really butt-fucks the canon (so Anakin had his own Padawan for years, who disappeared for one reason or another by Episode III, and nobody brings it up around him, not even in passing?) But honestly, the continuity of the original Trilogy has been so utterly thrown out the window with all of the expanded universe novels, comics, games, etc.--not to mention a lot of the contradictions and plot-holes in the prequels-- that I don't really think that's a valid excuse anymore. So I finally gave in and gave it a shot, and I'm actually quite enjoying it.

Sure, there are a lot of painfully cheesy episodes, and pulling shit like "Ooooh, it's Darth Maul's brother!" are blatant stunts to sell more toys (though that's no real surprise considering that Star Wars has never been squeamish about merchandising), but overall I've had more fun watching it than I did watching Episodes I through III.

Lara Emily
01-23-2011, 05:10 PM
Good retcon. Unlikely, but nice retcon. You probably queued up a week in advance, like all the other SW fans who were "barely interested."

Actually I worked at a movie theatre and saw enough of it to be utterly turned off by the musical score so I never bothered seeing the whole thing.

Jeritron
01-25-2011, 12:06 AM
I can totally see where Lara is coming from. John Williams score is incredibly important to Star Wars, for me. Not just for me either.
I can't stand to hear Star Wars score coming from anywhere else, and it is quite noticeable when it isn't. The bootleg themes from the cartoons and video games often bother me.

Jeritron
01-25-2011, 12:16 AM
I didn't watch but what is this Qui Gon nonsense? A dream?

That's all well and fine, I guess, although he should really not be contacting Obi Wan and/or Yoda until after Episode 3.
I'm a bit disappointed that they wrote and planned a scene between his spirit and Yoda for the final scenes of Episode 3, and due to scheduling problems, it reportedly never got filmed by Liam Neeson.
That's disappointing, since not only would it have been nice to see Neeson back, but it would have given some real service to that plot-line.

I'm not a big proponent of just adding in scenes, but they've already displayed that they will do it, and for much lesser reasons.
I say, it was written, and intended to be there... film the motherfucker (if they haven't already) and put it back in there before too much time passes. If it's on the blu ray set it's just like a deleted scene anyways.

I really wish there was a Build-A-Saga blu ray set, where you could decide what changes you wanted.
For example: I'd can Greedo's stupid laser shot, and put back in Boba's original voice, but I'd leave in the Ian McIarmid Emperor change and effects touchups. And so forth.

I'm mostly kidding, but it's gotten to the point where everyone's got an opinion and I'm much more reasonable than being steadfast either way in that all changes are good/evil.

Kalyx triaD
02-08-2011, 02:16 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R55e-uHQna0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dare you to hate on that one.

Anyway I saw part 2 of some Clone Wars' special trilogy and there's this amazing villain in it. He has red eyes and a delivery that just creeps me out. And his sister has a slutty outfit for a kids show. Speaking of slutty outfits Asoka gets a wardrobe change as she dips in the darkside for a bit. For a second, she became my favorite character. Her lullaby-ish, almost flirtatious exchanges were pretty good. Loved the episode.

Fignuts
02-08-2011, 02:21 AM
Cad Bane?

Kalyx triaD
02-08-2011, 02:22 AM
Isn't that the cowboy-ish bounty hunter? This dude was not a bounty hunter. He was like... the fuckin devil and shit.

Jeritron
02-08-2011, 02:28 AM
I haven't watched but I have heard about Cad Bane and he seems pretty awesome. The coolest part about him is that he's directly based off Lee Van Cleef's character in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Angel Eyes

Kalyx triaD
02-08-2011, 02:38 AM
Haven't seen any of him, but his rep certainly proceeds him. Gotta do some DVD catch ups.

Fox
02-08-2011, 11:29 AM
I still think "Shadow of the Empire" should have been made into a movie. They could still do this as a cartoon or something and it would be nice to see all the old characters back, even if only in CG form. Plus, Dash Rendar is the shit.

Kalyx triaD
02-08-2011, 11:40 AM
I liked his ship. Game was okay too, I was still tripping over 64 BIT GRAFICS! at the time.

Seems odd that he just sort of faded, in a franchise where everybody gets varying degrees of exposure.

Jeritron
02-08-2011, 05:23 PM
I still think "Shadow of the Empire" should have been made into a movie. They could still do this as a cartoon or something and it would be nice to see all the old characters back, even if only in CG form. Plus, Dash Rendar is the shit.

This

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-10-2011, 12:45 AM
Fucking love Dash Rendar. Miss that cocky bastard.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-10-2011, 12:46 AM
I liked his ship. Game was okay too, I was still tripping over 64 BIT GRAFICS! at the time.

Seems odd that he just sort of faded, in a franchise where everybody gets varying degrees of exposure.

Outrider ftw

Fox
02-10-2011, 04:20 PM
http://www.kidstoycar.com/wp-content/uploads/Star-Wars-Titanium-Series-Die-Cast-Dash-Rendars-Outriders.jpg

Amazing.

What I really liked about Shadows of the Empire was the storyline between Prince Xizor and Darth Vader; it's a really well-written story about how someone else with power would try and usurp Vader's position as the Emperor's right hand man, and how much the Emperor truly trusted Darth Vader as his partner and advisor - which only makes his eventual return to the good side even more powerful.

I also loved Luke's storyline through the book as well. Just the scene where he finds the crystal and builds his new lightsaber would be awesome to see in video form.

And once again, Dash Rendar is the man.