PDA

View Full Version : SD! Spoilers for 1/28

legendkillerRKO
01-26-2011, 12:01 AM
Didnt see anyone post this topic yet so here we go:

WWE SmackDown! Results For 1/28:
The show opened with a video package from last week that hyped The Corre…
Vickie Guerrero entered the ring to immense amounts of heat…”I hear voices in my head” played and Randy Orton came to the ring to a huge pop and “RKO” chants. Randy said he was appreciative to be on Smacksown. He asked Vickie to “excuse me” for what he was planning to do to her boyfriend tonight and when he takes the WWE Championship from The Miz at the Royal Rumble.
Dolph Ziggler came out and demanded respect for him and Vickie. Randy said he has to earn respect and followed that comment with an RKO.
1. LayCool defeated Kaitlyn and Kelly Kelly. The Ks attacked during Laycool entrance, but a McKick to Katlain about one minute in led to the 1-2-3.
2. Drew McIntyre defeated JTG. Kelly Kelly was on commentary for the match. McIntyre got a decent pop. JTG opened strong by taking McIntyre to ringside, but Drew got on the offensive quickly. The crowd was behind both wrestlers. McIntyre reversed a backslide and hit the Future Shock for the win. He left the ring with Kelly Kelly standing in the ring watching him.
There was a video package of Rhodes vs. Mysterio. Todd Grisham interviewed Cody backstage. Cody wouldn’t show his face since Rey broke his nose (funniest thing on wrestling right now). Doctors say Cody can’t compete because of it. Cody did the whole interview with his back turned. He doesn’t think he’s Dashing anymore.
There was an interview Edge, who spoke about The Corre and the tag match to reunite Rated RKO.
Alberto Del Rio was shown introducing himself to Michael Tarver. Del Rio’s match is next. Ricardo Rodriguez handled the introduction. Del Rio reminds us that his destiny is to win the Royal Rumble, and then set up his battle royal exhibition…
3. Kofi Kingston won a battle royal exhibition. A new wrestler entered every 30 seconds. Del Rio eliminated two jobronis in less than a minute. The next jobroni was actually Kane. Kofi came out and took Del Rio and Kane over the top rope for a big pop. Kane and Del Rio reentered the ring, and then Rey Mysterio came out for a big pop. Vickie came out and booked a tag match.
4. Rey Mysterio and Kofi Kingston defeated Kane and Alberto Del Rio. Kofi and Kane to start. Kane took control and tagged in Del Rio. Kofi tagged in Rey for a pop from the crowd. 619 chants from the crowd. Action goes outside the ring. Kofi hits a suicide dive on Alberto, followed by a West Coast Pop from Rey on Kane.
Back to normal action after the hot spots. Kane and Del Rio worked over Kofi, who made the hot tag. Rey went on the offensive. There was a big boot to Rey from
Kane to slow things down a bit. Kane and Del Rio worked over Rey. There was a counter maneuver on Kane, and Kofi took a hot tag.
There was dissension between Alberto and Kane, who hit Del Rio and then left. The faces double teamed Alberto. Rey hit 619 into Kofi’s Trouble in Paradise. Kofi pinned Del Rio to win the match for his team. A main event type match. Awesome.
A Raw video package aired, and then the Smackdown main event was hyped.
Big Show came out and cut a promo about The Corre. He reminded us that he’s never won a Royal Rumble. The Corre came out and surrounded the ring. Big Show challenged them individually. Slater attacked from behind, which led to a match.
5. Big Show defeated Heath Slater. The bell rang and a match started. Normal Big Show spots, including the chokeslam for the win. After the match, Corre attacked Big Show. R-Truth, Masters, Santino, Koslov, and Daniel Bryan came out to make the save. They cleared the ring and Big Show’s music hit. The faces headed to the back.
Miz and Alex Riley made their entrance and cut a promo on Randy regarding their Royal Rumble match. Ziggler came out, and then Orton and Edge made separate entrances to big pops.
6. Edge and Randy Orton defeated Dolph Ziggler and The Miz (w/Alex Riley). Randy ended up outside the ring and chased Miz back in the ring only to be met
by some Ziggler offense. After a few tags, we got the usual Orton spots. The Viper coiled, but was pulled away by Ziggler. Back to normal action with the Miz in control.
The crowd tried to get Randy back into the match with no luck. Miz went for his jumping corner spot, but was reversed by Orton. Randy made the hot tag to Edge, who performed offense on Ziggler, and set up for the spear. Riley entered the ring, but Orton took him out. Edge speared Ziggler and got the win for his team.
After the match, Vickie banned The Spear at the Royal Rumble. If Edge uses it, he will be DQ’d and lose the Title. After the comments from The Cougar, Edge speared Ziggler
from the apron to the floor. He followed it up with not one, but two spears. Vickie barely dodged out of the way of the second spear. Edge’s music played to send us all home happy.

legendkillerRKO
01-26-2011, 12:01 AM
was this the big RatedRKO rumor that was floating around? lol

Lara Emily
01-26-2011, 12:21 AM
Kinda sounds like an awful show. As The Corre and Del Rio goes so does my interest in SD and both sounds like they have a less then spectacular last show before the Rumble disappointing

Also interesting after the fist two matches the faces dominate the rest of the show

Verbose Minch
01-26-2011, 01:23 AM
Wade Barrett is actually making me watch Smackdown! singlehandedly.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-26-2011, 01:41 AM
Kinda sounds like an awful show. As The Corre and Del Rio goes so does my interest in SD and both sounds like they have a less then spectacular last show before the Rumble disappointing

Also interesting after the fist two matches the faces dominate the rest of the show

So without seeing any of this, The Corre being the focus on the show, Big Show beating a Corre member without the The Corre helping during the match and Del Rio losing one battle royal match after his massive win streak since the Rumble was mentioned and all this happening on the last show before a PPV where typically the people who will have a strong showing will lose on that show and get their heat back on Sunday, it sucks?

Wow.

Lara Emily
01-26-2011, 04:06 AM
So without seeing any of this, The Corre being the focus on the show, Big Show beating a Corre member without the The Corre helping during the match and Del Rio losing one battle royal match after his massive win streak since the Rumble was mentioned and all this happening on the last show before a PPV where typically the people who will have a strong showing will lose on that show and get their heat back on Sunday, it sucks?

Wow.

Well Del Rio loses the battle royale and then gets pinned in a tag match, and The Corre get beat by Big Show then chased off by the face, boring. I'll still watch just doesn't sound super exciting.,

Jura
01-26-2011, 09:48 AM
The more and more Del Rio talks about his destiny being that he wins the RR, the more and more I think he won't.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-26-2011, 10:29 AM
He probably won't. As awesome as it would be, it's still his rookie year and I am more than comfortable to see him have a very strong showing for this one.

Shadrick
01-26-2011, 10:37 AM
wooo @ a kofi battle royale win with the pop

Ultra Mantis
01-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Cody Rhodes should have a memorable Royal Rumble appearance this year.

The Naitch
01-26-2011, 02:26 PM
hmmmm, Edge had the upper hand as the show went off the air. Does this mean Ziggler will be WH Champ at RR? WWE tends to do that sort of thing.

Splaya
01-26-2011, 02:33 PM
This is true Naitch.

Also, look at the way that Del Rio has been pushed the past few weeks. He is definitely winning the Rumble

Shadow
01-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Oh no they've banned the Spear. Now Edge will have to bust out....the Edgeucator.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-28-2011, 12:12 PM
The opening video is done in a 24 style and is awesome.

Cody's promo is awesome, but he's out of the Rumble :(

TARVER SIGHTING: Shaking hands with Alberto Del Rio on his way to the ring :love:

#BROKEN Hasney
01-28-2011, 12:42 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/hollywoodh/corre.png

Corre merch.

Corre still looked strong, big Zeke took out like 5 guys by himself while the other 3 were on Show.

Tom Guycott
01-28-2011, 08:44 PM
Michael Cole says about Drew McIntyre:

"He's the Chosen One! No one's going to give him the victory! He has to EARN it!"

How is this not a contradiction to the gimmick?

Loose Cannon
01-28-2011, 09:57 PM
lol those shirts really look bad. looks like they were done by a 4th grade art class

Theo Dious
01-28-2011, 10:55 PM
Michael Cole says about Drew McIntyre:

"He's the Chosen One! No one's going to give him the victory! He has to EARN it!"

How is this not a contradiction to the gimmick?

It's in line with Cole's gimmick of being a dumbass.

Anybody Thrilla
01-28-2011, 11:27 PM
I really loved the Cody Rhodes promo. The kid's a star.

Skippord
01-29-2011, 02:43 AM
yeah Rhodes' promo was probably my favorite part of the show

Lara Emily
01-29-2011, 03:11 AM
lol those shirts really look bad. looks like they were done by a 4th grade art class

The Sleeveless on on Jackson is kinda cool

Rammsteinmad
01-29-2011, 03:20 AM
Zeke looks like a huge action figure in that picture.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-29-2011, 05:55 AM
I really loved the Cody Rhodes promo. The kid's a star.

I've enjoyed Cody recently, but that was the first time I thought "this kids gonna make it big."

XCaliber
01-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Couldn't help but notice though that typically WWE would give momentum to the guy that was going to lose and vice versa at the PPV but it appears that trend is over.

Ultra Mantis
01-29-2011, 05:30 PM
I hope Cody somehow makes in into the Rumble match anyway, I get the feeling this is going to lead to a mask vs mask angle for Mania. Of course Cody would lose but there would be absolutely nothing wrong with his face, could even say he faked the whole thing just to try and expose Mysterio.

Cody then wins the follow up kneepads vs no kneepads match. :shifty: