PDA

View Full Version : Nexus' first feud

Snowden
01-26-2011, 01:03 AM
Thought experiment here...

Would the Nexus have been better off having their first feud NOT be John Cena? More specifically, would it have been more effective for the Nexus to go over big in their first feud, and go after Cena a couple of months after they actually did? Or were they *made* by going after the biggest fish in the pond right off the bat?

Figure the whole Cena/Nexus angle goes off the exact same way, but the big Barrett/Cena blow off could have been at Wrestlemania, with the birth of the new Nexus and the Corre kicking off the "new" season in the WWE.

May be nitpicky, but I'm curious what you guys think.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-26-2011, 01:37 AM
If this was real life I would say that they should have started smaller, but this is sports entertainment. You have to make an impact and you make an impact by taking it to the top guy in the WWE.

Had the vote gone the other way they could have started there attack in a match between Cena and Rey Mysterio: the two top babyfaces in the eyes of the little kids who make up WWE PG.

Wade Barret proved he was a main event talent and no matter what else he does he can say that he hung with the best the WWE had to offer.

TheAdamEvansFan
01-26-2011, 02:13 AM
Which Nexus?

Emperor Smeat
01-26-2011, 02:20 AM
It probably would have been better to keep the Nexus vs WWE last a little longer as the start of the feud. Then once Nexus revealed who the "higher power" or person who was helping the group off-screen, have Cena become more involved in the feud since by then Team WWE would have splintered away (Edge and Jericho) or added members (Sheamus and Orton).

Team WWE ended up being a throw away group since they lasted just for the Summer Slam match and did nothing afterwards.

Snowden
01-26-2011, 02:35 AM
Which Nexus?

Original flavor.

Anybody Thrilla
01-26-2011, 10:53 AM
If you're planning a hostile takeover, you don't aim for the R-Truths of the world. They did the only thing that really made sense.

#BROKEN Hasney
01-26-2011, 10:56 AM
"WE'RE TAKING OVER AND DEMOLISHING THIS PLACE... During a Zack Ryder Vs. Yoshi Tatsu match"

Anybody Thrilla
01-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Yeah, if Nexus debuted on Superstars, it would have taken a few weeks for anyone to notice.

Snowden
01-26-2011, 01:32 PM
Fair, I see what you guys are saying.

I'm thinking something along the lines of a freshly turned Jericho feuding with Nexus from the outset, and instead of writing him out via Orton punt, have Nexus injure him so badly that he's forced out. Would be kind of poetic considering Barrett was Jericho's mentor, would allow them to go over a main event talent, and Nexus could then take their path of destruction towards Cena.