PDA

View Full Version : What if WWE went under

Swish
01-26-2011, 12:00 PM
So yeah this got me thinking with Edge thinking about retiring soon. along with others who are injured. What will happen to WWE in the future? Do we see it still being a BIG promtion or will it have a end run?.

John Cena is still a big draw but all it takes is a simple injury to fuck his status within in the company. Half the wrestlers who the fans grew up watching are either retired or in the movie business now and no longer wrestle. Yeah we have returns of legends every now and again to get the ratings going a bit. But let's face it these legends will soon be in graves. And I highly doubt younger talent will get the ratings up.

Could TNA become the next big thing in pro wrestling??. I will admit I am not a TNA fan I have always followed WWE!! And will continue to do so. But the lack of story lines lately just seems that the fans are losing interest.? And I can see this being a big problem for the company maybe in the future. Unless they start picking up some ideas. Instead of copying storylines from the past and just re-writting them.

Anybody Thrilla
01-26-2011, 12:08 PM
There isn't any one person or group of people who keep WWE afloat. When one generation goes, another will come. Maybe a lot of fans who couldn't let go of the Attitude Era will go (and it seems most already have), but WWE will be just fine.

TNA will never be number one, either.

Haze
01-26-2011, 12:24 PM
What ABT said.

Nicky Fives
01-26-2011, 12:51 PM
WWE will be fine.... Vince McMahon is a genius.... whenever he retires (if ever)he has HHH & Steph to carry on the WWE legacy.... There will be another World War before TNA even comes close to taking over pro wrestling.....

Kane Knight
01-26-2011, 01:06 PM
WWE can coast through a lull period. There's no guarantee it will, but even if the big draws go away, get injured, or die....WWE won't likely go under solely on that sort of thing.

whiteyford
01-26-2011, 01:08 PM
CZW would step up and fill the void:shifty:

Anybody Thrilla
01-26-2011, 01:17 PM
I'm going to make a cactus fill the void in your asshole if you say something like that again, whitey. :mad:

BizarroKing
01-26-2011, 01:46 PM
ROH WILL NOT DIE!

Snowden
01-26-2011, 01:48 PM
If WWE goes under that'll essentially spell the end of mainstream wrestling popularity For the WWE to go out of business, it won't be a matter of one product being better than the WWE, it would be because the general populace wouldn't give a shit about wrestling anymore. CAN that happen? Sure. But if anything, the 'E could scale back and still keep afloat.

And the success of the company has little to do with individual performers...if Cena, Orton, and HHH never stepped into the ring again, the 'E could survive.

whiteyford
01-26-2011, 01:50 PM
I'm going to make a cactus fill the void in your asshole if you say something like that again, whitey. :mad:

Im not gonna call your bluff:eek:

erickman
01-26-2011, 01:51 PM
i have said for years when vince dies wwe goes with him, his son might have saved it but i don't think he cares about wrestling, that leaves trips and steph they will run it like an indy promoter.

Mooияakeя™
01-26-2011, 01:53 PM
There isn't any one person or group of people who keep WWE afloat. When one generation goes, another will come. Maybe a lot of fans who couldn't let go of the Attitude Era will go (and it seems most already have), but WWE will be just fine.

TNA will never be number one, either.

Rammsteinmad
01-26-2011, 02:04 PM
I remember a few years ago (I think between 2004-2007) when a lot of people were disapointed with WWE's product, and people on here were saying stuff about how 'If WWE keeps going like this they won't even make it to Wrestlemania 30' etc.

Lol at them.

Joesgonnakillyou
01-26-2011, 02:12 PM
WWE has survived lulls like this before, They've pretty much got a monopoly in most of the world, they'll be fine.

Anybody Thrilla
01-26-2011, 02:21 PM
It's not even a lull right now. It's the best it's been in a long time, imo.

Johnny Vegas
01-26-2011, 05:01 PM
It's not even a lull right now. It's the best it's been in a long time, imo.

You are very "right" in this thread dude

Jordan
01-26-2011, 07:12 PM
It's funny to me, this whole stock situation. Like ABT I think WWE is putting out the best shows they have in nearly 10 years the past three or four months. The younger talent has finally paid off and we have some great new stars in Barrett and Miz especially. The internet will always complain ... So for those that enjoy it like I do, just enjoy it and don't take part in the bickering, it's not worth it.

Yeah they aren't going anywhere, if they fail in the USA (which won't happen, ever) they still have the rest of the world to delve into.

Kane Knight
01-27-2011, 07:57 AM

Racist bastard! Leave whitey alone!

Kane Knight
01-27-2011, 08:02 AM
It's funny to me, this whole stock situation. Like ABT I think WWE is putting out the best shows they have in nearly 10 years the past three or four months. The younger talent has finally paid off and we have some great new stars in Barrett and Miz especially. The internet will always complain ... So for those that enjoy it like I do, just enjoy it and don't take part in the bickering, it's not worth it.

Yeah they aren't going anywhere, if they fail in the USA (which won't happen, ever) they still have the rest of the world to delve into.

Of course, the correlation between stock and the IWC is pretty much moot. Much as you want to cry "haters gonna hate," there's the distinct possibility that what turns you on doesn't put the asses in the seat.

but hey, the internet's complaining, so....:roll:

Also, WWE reached saturation in foreign markets a few years back when they expanded it. It's rather telling when they only put on a few shows a year in a country and they have trouble reaching capacity by adding a couple more.

But hey, it'll never happen, because someone with zero pattern recognition says so.

(Note to the tards, I'm not saying it will. If you need proof, look at my first post, where I say it likely won't go out to that sort of thing. It's just that "won't happen, ever" is a completely stupid thing to say)

TheAdamEvansFan
01-27-2011, 10:57 AM

:y: