PDA

View Full Version : Losing interest

Meatwad
12-18-2003, 12:32 PM
I'm one of those people who no matter how bad the show was I would still make damn sure I was in front of the TV Monday and Thursday nights. But for the past couple of months, I have had no real desire to watch raw or smackdown. Wrestling has had its low points before but this is terrible. And I'm starting to doubt if the industry can recover from this lull.

Kane Knight
12-18-2003, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I can't totally blame you. While I still enjoy a lot in wrestling, there's enough so that my fire is kinda dying out.

I find it best to stop watching for a while when I really tire. I just weigh the quality of the shows based on net feedback, and come back when it looks like Raw's stopped sucking. Or sucking as much, depending on what your standards are.

After the finish of the last Raw (I won't comment here specifically so as to prevent spoiler issues), I'm not sure I'm gonna watch the next actual Raw (I won't bother with the Best of... Come next week. :yawn:). I just hope there are enough Nielsen viewers disappointed to discourage this stuff.

Rob
12-18-2003, 01:12 PM
It's not competitive. You'd get bored of your favourite TV show if you watched it constantly without anything else on other channels.

ColdwaVer
12-18-2003, 04:01 PM
Personally my fire has gone up a bit in the past couple months where Raw is concerned. I'm not sure what it is specifically, but the shows have been keeping me interested and the PPV's aren't the huge letdown they were over the summer. The recent ending in question makes me want to watch MORE now because I want to know what the hell it was about. Smackdown on the other hand has been a huge bore without Angle and the Undertaker around, except where John Cena is concenred, and I'm not going to watch a show for just him. Bob Holly in a WWE title program? Squash after squash after squash? Please.

KayfabeMan
12-18-2003, 04:16 PM
It's mainly due to a lack of lots of things.Competition,creativity,proper
use of talent,and a bunch of other things.WWE turned into a complete
joke; something they argued for years that they were not.

When you mention wrestling and/or WWE (most people still call it WWF)
to anyone,the first response is usually a laugh and/or "oh,that crap (or
another word similar)".

Rob
12-18-2003, 05:31 PM
Thanks for telling us what a real wrestling fan is Dark_Kane. "A true wrestling fan is someone who enjoys everything and doesn't have a problem with WWE whatsoever like myself" - 27 years old and a freaking moron.

Let me break it down for ya. I, not every fan, not the internet, but me personally (since I only speak for myself and not an entire fanbase) will openly say when I enjoy something and praise it and will bury something if I think it sucks. Nobody will tell me how I should watch TV. I don't support wrestling organisations either. I support good television shows and good live events and as a paying customer, I'll demand value for my money.

Fragile X
12-18-2003, 05:31 PM
Well, let me tell you guys this, if good wrestling is all you care about, then it's your fault for not liking WWE in the first place.

All the HHH hating, hoss hating, Bob Holly hating, Goldberg hating, Kevin Nash hating, and the Kurt/Benoit Technical wrestling loving on the internet is absolutely pathetic. When you're that way on every damn wrestling message board, you're not a true wrestling fan.

A true wrestling fan is someone who enjoys everything and doesn't have a problem with WWE whatsoever like myself.

IMO, I think RAW and Smackdown is getting better and improving. The WWE usually get a lot better when the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania are on the way. That is when Mick Foley and the Rock are usually around.

If you don't like good "entertainment", then quit watching WWE for good and do something else that's worth while in your life.

:roll:

GARAGExBANDxGEEK
12-18-2003, 05:35 PM
Well, let me tell you guys this, if good wrestling is all you care about, then it's your fault for not liking WWE in the first place.

All the HHH hating, hoss hating, Bob Holly hating, Goldberg hating, Kevin Nash hating, and the Kurt/Benoit Technical wrestling loving on the internet is absolutely pathetic. When you're that way on every damn wrestling message board, you're not a true wrestling fan.

A true wrestling fan is someone who enjoys everything and doesn't have a problem with WWE whatsoever like myself.

IMO, I think RAW and Smackdown is getting better and improving. The WWE usually get a lot better when the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania are on the way. That is when Mick Foley and the Rock are usually around.

If you don't like good "entertainment", then quit watching WWE for good and do something else that's worth while in your life.

You are full of shit then nobody is a wresling fan. We just buy the toys buy there books buy there ppv and the product sux. What do you think do people are not going to have that fire to buy shit when the show sux. :mad:

Kenny
12-18-2003, 05:38 PM
I just made a bet with myself that Dark_Kane would have posted a post bitching about bitching... and I just stopped in to see if I was right.

Wouldn't you know it? I am!? Move over Cleo.

Well, take it easy guys.

Kenny
12-18-2003, 05:40 PM

They can take our lives... But the can never take... our FREEEEDOM!!!!

:'(

GARAGExBANDxGEEK
12-18-2003, 05:40 PM
Kenny5682 What will I have for dinner next friday?

Kenny
12-18-2003, 05:44 PM
Kenny5682 What will I have for dinner next friday?

Unfortunately my powers have not yet reached their peeks...

However, I can tell you in fact WILL eat something next Friday. And Dark_Kane will bitch at you for eating it unless it's made by a company that the WWE has endorsed. He will go on to say you are not a true wrestling fan, and if you're going to purchase food, drink, or any other items not endorsed by the WWE you should waste your time doing something else.

GARAGExBANDxGEEK
12-18-2003, 05:47 PM
Man you are good.

KayfabeMan
12-18-2003, 06:32 PM

Yes,because it is wrong to watch a wrestling show,and expect to see good wrestling.Just because you want to call it "entertainment" now,doesn't mean the wrestling can't be good as well; 10 years ago,it was entertaining AND the wrestling was great.

All the HHH hating, hoss hating, Bob Holly hating, Goldberg hating, Kevin Nash hating, and the Kurt/Benoit Technical wrestling loving on the internet is absolutely pathetic.

I agree somewhat wth that statement.

No,a true WRESTLING fan is someone who wants to see WRESTLING,not a sad excuse for entertainment.

I agree with that; I no longer watch WWE (although I do occasionally see 1/2 of Velocity while at work - and I watch Confidential).If it's that bad,tune out and do something worth the time. :y:

Bad Guy
12-18-2003, 06:44 PM
A lot of people are losing interest simply because they aren't trying. And they don't have to because of no competition. When the split started smackdown was generally better than RAW just about every week but the majority of people say that RAW is slowly getting better. To be honest I think they both suck right now.

Meatwad
12-18-2003, 07:22 PM

So in other words, a true wrestling fan is a robot with no opinion on the product whatsoever, and who sits in front of the television with a stupid grin on his face, despite the poor quality . I am 21 years old and have been watching since I was 5. And I'm sure there are people on this board who have been watching longer than me, with similar complaints. Our loyalty isn't what is in question here. If everyone just shut up and kept watching without voicing their opinion this low point would get lower until wwe went bottom up. Feedback is what leads to change and eventually better ratings. But the fans have been upset with the business for a while now and wwe isn't listening. And thats what has me worried.

DMI
12-18-2003, 07:41 PM
half agree.... where as raw has been great, smackdown has made me lose interest, they keep the same story lines, same fights.. and since the undertaker has been gone there hasnt been much to keep me happy(im biast.. since he will one day be mine :naughty: ) Raw never seems to let me down, tho i must confess i am amazed every time Rick flair comes out in the ring.....and never breaks a hip. I can't be the only one who thinks the living fossil shouldnt be there anymore, He was great in his time, dont get me wrong, but he needs to retire.. his boobs are bigger than litas. Keep up the good work Raw, but smackdown writers need to get with it

Kenny
12-18-2003, 07:55 PM
So in other words, a true wrestling fan is a robot with no opinion on the product whatsoever, and who sits in front of the television with a stupid grin on his face, despite the poor quality . I am 21 years old and have been watching since I was 5. And I'm sure there are people on this board who have been watching longer than me, with similar complaints. Our loyalty isn't what is in question here. If everyone just shut up and kept watching without voicing their opinion this low point would get lower until wwe went bottom up. Feedback is what leads to change and eventually better ratings. But the fans have been upset with the business for a while now and wwe isn't listening. And thats what has me worried.

I agree with that post 100%. I'm 21 years old and I've been a fan of wrestling since I was 8 years old so we're pretty close in years there. I used to never miss a show. Didn't matter if they called it Prime Time, Raw, Heat, Smackdown, Action Zone, Superstars... my God I remember nearly creaming my pants when my cable provider finally started carrying Shotgun Saturday Night. The first one I got to see was the one where The Patriot won a battle royal.

Granted, I think the fans are a lot more ruthless now than back then. Yes I do think a lot of the complaining is rediculous. But look at the complaining you mentioned...

Triple H: I don't hate Triple H. If I met him I'd shake his hand. I do hate how they keep throwing a title on him and the way they use him. That title can be used to elevate other superstars to a main event status. How many of us think "Triple H is the world champ?" When Triple H has the title, I think "Oh shit the world title is idle again."

Bob Holly: I'd have a big problem with my own father if he did something like Bob did on Tough Enough 3. Bob is a coward for what he did and I don't have any respect for cowards. The day Bob Holly punks Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker, Kurt Angle, or somebody like that out... maybe he'll get respect from me. But not some humble kid who's supposed to learn how to trust his opponent in the ring.

Goldberg: I think the guy is awesome. He's great with the fans. But I can also understand how some wrestling fans wouldn't be happy with him. I, on the other hand respect the guy.

Kevin Nash: Once again I don't mind seeing some old faces in the WWE. But Nash's interviews are a joke. Specially when he screams at the top of his lungs. "You tried to end my career! I'm really, really mad! Man I'm so mad! Look at how mad I am!"

Kurt Angle / Chris Benoit Match Loving: ????? What in the F</>UCK was that. I'm not supposed to like Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle putting on what was argueably one of the greatest matches of ALL time but I'm supposed to enjoy Triple H putting on a Kane mask and pretending to have sex with dead people?

GARAGExBANDxGEEK
12-18-2003, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=Deadman Inc]half agree.... where as raw has been great, smackdown has made me lose interest, they keep the same story lines, same fights.. and since the undertaker has been gone there hasnt been much to keep me happy(im biast.. since he will one day be mine :naughty: ) Raw never seems to let me down, tho i must confess i am amazed every time Rick flair comes out in the ring.....and never breaks a hip. I can't be the only one who thinks the living fossil shouldnt be there anymore, He was great in his time, dont get me wrong, but he needs to retire.. his boobs are bigger than litas. Keep up the good work Raw, but smackdown writers need to get with it[/QUOTE

yea i am not only :shifty: :shifty:

I <3 Negros
12-18-2003, 08:05 PM
I have to wonder one thing when reading all of this... Where can we take Dark_Kane to de-program him.

Kane Knight
12-18-2003, 08:16 PM
I have to wonder one thing when reading all of this... Where can we take Dark_Kane to de-program him.

I dunno. Cultists are often the most difficult cases.

I wonder how they brainwashed someone with no brain...

Meatwad
12-18-2003, 08:39 PM
Kurt Angle / Chris Benoit Match Loving: ????? What in the **** was that. I'm not supposed to like Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle putting on what was argueably one of the greatest matches of ALL time but I'm supposed to enjoy Triple H putting on a Kane mask and pretending to have sex with dead people?

:lol:

Corkscrewed
12-19-2003, 02:20 AM
I've reached a new level in character viewing. Much like WorldUndesputedChampion, I am now looking at Dark_Kane's posts with humor and comedy. Cuz they're funnier than shit.