PDA

View Full Version : Is Edge hinting at the E&C reunion? (RR Spoilers)

Hornicane
01-31-2011, 07:44 AM
It's a topic that's been done to death, but whatever. It seems like there are some indications that the Edge and Christian program it seems everyone has been clamoring for is coming once Christian returns. For one, the current storyline would make perfect sense. Del Rio wins the Royal Rumble, and really the only logical choice for a main event face for him to feud with is Edge, since Rio/Mysterio has been done for months and Big Show, while more entertaining than he's been in a while, hasn't really been booked to be a Wrestlemania main eventer. Likewise, we know it's standard protocol for a returning guy to go after the guy that "took him out" immediatly upon his return, so there's Christian.

On top of that, it seems as though Edge has kinda been hinting at this. Obviously there was the spot where he used the Unprettier/Killswitch to finish Ziggler, but last week he cut a promo in his old surfer shades, which I can't recall him wearing for a long time.

Personally, I'd love to see it, not oonly as an E&C mark, but it would be the perfect way to get Ricardo into the ring as well. So how about it? Is Edge cluing us in? Is he stringing us along? Am I reading too far into this shit due to wishful thinking? Do I sound like a [ CSL] typical wrestling forum mutie? [ /CSL] Discuss.

Nicky Fives
01-31-2011, 08:08 AM
I don't think so..... he just needed a move that wasn't the Spear......

Rammsteinmad
01-31-2011, 08:10 AM
I thought it was a hint that Christian could return and win the Rumble, and this would be the starting point of these two facing off at Wrestlemania. :(

Cool King
01-31-2011, 08:15 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/za9mRuvltEc" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Hornicane
01-31-2011, 08:19 AM
I don't think so..... he just needed a move that wasn't the Spear......

Of course, but surely the Edgecution/Edgeucator/Edge O'matic/Downward Spiral would have worked to finish a match just as well. I am aware it was most likely just to get people to mark out and get dumbasses like me talking, but still.

TheAdamEvansFan
01-31-2011, 08:40 AM
Some of these main event wrestlers are so one dimensional that if they aren't able to use their finishing move, then they are basically screwed.

You don't see any of them wrestle like Chavo Guerrero or Evan Bourne, because they can't.

So they do some shitty chokeslam, spear, or submission move to end that match.

Hornicane
01-31-2011, 09:50 AM
Topical AND insightful. Thank you for that.

Kane Knight
01-31-2011, 09:55 AM
Christian is a serial midcarder.

The Show Off
01-31-2011, 03:56 PM
Christian is a serial midcarder.

I so wish I could argue this... but I can't. The WWE not making Christian a main eventer might be the worse decision not to elevate a talent in the past 20 years.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
01-31-2011, 05:03 PM
I remember when Edge and Christian where brothers haha

addy2hotty
01-31-2011, 05:11 PM
Pretty sure that if he's fit, Christian will be winning MITB this year.

XL
01-31-2011, 06:06 PM
I remember when Edge and Christian where brothers haha
That never happened! [/WWE]
Pretty sure that if he's fit, Christian will be winning MITB this year.
From what I have heard he is scheduled to return nearer to Mania so him in a multi-man match would make sense (with a lack of time to build a proper program). And with that "Return Momentum" I could see him taking the briefcase, setting up a clash with new WHC Alberto Del Rio.

Snowden
02-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Insert him into the WM match with Edge and Del Rio. Have Christian insert himself in there somehow to get back at Del Rio and to finally prove to Edge, and the world, that he can win the WWE title. Perfect 3 way build that can write itself.

Have Edge cost Christian the match, trying to spear Del Rio but catching Xtian instead. Edge then gets tossed out of the ring, Del Rio pins Christian. Del Rio goes his own way, the slow turn of Christian happens, and the two finally have a proper main event feud.

James Steele
02-01-2011, 01:02 AM
Christian wins MITB
Edge beats Del Rio in the main event of WM
Christian cashes in and beats Edge at WM
TPWW's server loads are all over the wall

Lock Jaw
02-01-2011, 01:39 AM
Is there even gonna be a MITB at WM? Feels superfluous if they're gonna do a MITB PPV again.

Tom Guycott
02-01-2011, 02:50 AM
Christian wins MITB
Edge beats Del Rio in the main event of WM
Christian cashes in and beats Edge at WM
TPWW's <s>server</s> forum poster's loads are all over the wall

Mr. Nerfect
02-02-2011, 04:43 AM
I marked out for the Killswitch at the Royal Rumble. I think it was just a shout-out to a guy Edge obviously knows and respects quite dearly. The Spear was ruled out, and while Edge has other moves, guys kick out of them all the time these days. It was a way to pin Ziggler with something not the Spear, get people to mark out, and to keep Ziggler looking strong. No one saw that move coming.

Christian can smile knowing that he may never win the big one, but at least his finishing move allowed someone to retain the World Heavyweight Title (with it fully intended to be "his finishing move").

That being said, I'm not completely unconvinced that Christian will not find his way into the World Heavyweight Title match at WrestleMania. All you need to do is have Christian return, pissed off at Del Rio, and supporting his good friend. Del Rio vs. Christian sees Del Rio get disqualified or something, but from that, it is announced that Christian also earns a World Title shot.