PDA

View Full Version : What has TNA done for the industry? What will be their legacy?

Xero
02-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Thinking about it now, and I can think of a few things that TNA has done that has absolutely helped the wrestling industry.

1. Gotten jobs on a national for a lot of guys who otherwise would be out of work. This is the absolute best thing they've done. Without TNA, wrestling would be worse off, because there wouldn't be any realistic place outside of WWE to really make a living.

2. Introduced talents to a national audience who otherwise may never have made it. Guys like Homicide, Robert Rude, Christopher Daniels and others.

So the first part of this thread is: What do you think TNA has done for wrestling, good or bad?

The second part of this thread is what will the legacy be for TNA? If TNA shut down today, would there be any lasting effects TNA has brought to the table that will live on? Or would they go out with a whimper and have no effect, say, ten years down the line?

ThePhantom
02-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Well, it has given audiences an alternative, all be it a poor alternative to the WWE. Also, as you said, it has given wrestlers work, who otherwise wouldn't have anything. I find it very hard to find anything other than that, that can be classified as a contribution to the industry, because quite frankly, they haven't done much.

Their legacy.... I'm sorry to say it, but if TNA died today, they would not be missed at all.

Lock Jaw
02-01-2011, 07:13 PM
A cautionary tale of how to take all your momentum and crash and burn by trying to be too competitive with a giant.

XL
02-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Think you pretty much covered it in the opening post Xero.

El Fangel
02-01-2011, 07:19 PM
I see TNA as the Freedom 55 of the wrestling world. Bust your nuts in WWE, retire and get paid well for nothing in TNA.

glanville6
02-01-2011, 07:24 PM
I've kind of wondered myself how TNA would be remembered if they shut down today...and I think of it as being the largest Indy company with the biggest star power ever. Yeah, they are on TV, but if most people don't care about it- and most of their shows are run in one place...they are an Indy to me.

I think in a few years, after they close down...we'll all wonder how they didn't make it, even though its kind of clear now as to why they aren't really making it.

erickman
02-01-2011, 08:02 PM
a good x-div and a good tag-div

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-01-2011, 08:08 PM
TNA Sucks donkey dick.

Theo Dious
02-01-2011, 08:49 PM
WWE -----> TNA
NFL -----> CFL

KIRA
02-01-2011, 09:37 PM
I just don't get TNA they have a ridiculously deep roster and yet show after show they parade the likes of Hogan,Flair and Matt Hardy(in all seriousness that last one was just money down the crapper) and they are either oblivious to or just plain dumb in thinking this is the way to go. In all respects this is a dead horse and hopefully she'll do big things in the WWE but They fired Awesome Kong and that was a dumb move they had(to some extent they still do) an entertaining women s division with a slew of talented wrestlers and one freaking monster whom they managed to make both a dominating threat and believably beatable, I watched just for the Knockouts division at one point
We then have Kong get sacked because newly arrived Hogans redneck butt-buddy deservedly gets his ass kicked the whole thing was asinine.

But I digress, its now 2011 and TNA is running its seemingly annual NWO take over storyline.

So far the only real glimmer of hope is apparently god, Buddha, odin or whoever runs the show as finally had enough and now Hogan's injured Flair is injured Booker T,Sting and Nash appear to be done with the company.

Hopefully now TNA will stop hemeraging money fishing through the retirement home for stars of yesteryear and remember what made it so good at one point was the actual wrestling matches that lasted more than 5 mins and their assortment of original talent who busted their asses for the company.

Otherwise the only thing TNA will leave the industry is its library once the company tanks and Vince buys it for a stick of double mint and a hand-job from Dixie.

sidenote: thats actually a cool finisher name I can totally see Styles or Stryker saying it

sorry for the rant this is my first and last time doing it.

SaskatchewanChamp
02-01-2011, 10:05 PM
NFL -----> CFL

You ignorant cunt

TNA&USA#1
02-01-2011, 10:11 PM
TNA has raised the bar of professional wrestling and shown Vince that he can be taken down. He's scared now.

ThePhantom
02-01-2011, 10:21 PM
TNA has raised the bar of professional wrestling and shown Vince that he can be taken down. He's scared now.

WHat?

TNA&USA#1
02-01-2011, 10:23 PM
I'm pretty sure I was clear.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-01-2011, 10:24 PM
It's clear that you're a dumbass.

ThePhantom
02-01-2011, 10:26 PM

SaskatchewanChamp
02-01-2011, 10:29 PM

Shut up you miserable, retarded, good for nothing, CUNT

KIRA
02-01-2011, 10:51 PM

The only thing about TNA Vince finds remotely scary is the obscene amount of money they piss away trying to relive 1997

TNA&USA#1
02-01-2011, 11:03 PM
just my opinion guys. don't know why my opinion bothers you so much

Lock Jaw
02-01-2011, 11:13 PM
I respect your opinion, and would like to hear in more detail how TNA has raised the bar, and how they have shown Vince he can be taken down.

KIRA
02-01-2011, 11:36 PM
just my opinion guys. don't know why my opinion bothers you so much and its just my (widely held opinion) that TNA has honestly become like a bad cover of my favorite song

If I wasnt so sure they were dead serious I'd swear they set out to be an attitude era parody.

Emperor Smeat
02-02-2011, 02:02 AM
TNA has shown its possible to focus on tag team, women's wrestling, and cruiser-weights (X Division) equally with their main event division unlike WWE being heavy focused on main event and "big" wrestlers until very recently.

They also expanded a bit better than WCW by tapping into indy feds more instead of just raiding them. As well as having connections to Mexico, Japan, and UK for wrestlers to benefit everyone. ROH also has some exposure with other companies but their lack of tv viewers gives TNA this advantage.

Their legacy would be a company who never learned from the mistakes of WCW and hiring everyone who was responsible in a way for WCW decline and end.

#BROKEN Hasney
02-02-2011, 02:11 AM
They kept Nash on TV. He did have to go though, he made everyone else look bad :(

MIZantine Empire
02-02-2011, 02:15 AM
for having a 6 sided ring, thats it. lol jk..seriously i think people who watched both brands will know they are the smaller guy, that was willing to give those people who the bigger guy wouldnt. thanks to TNA people like AJ Styles, Kazarian, Christopher Daniels, Pope, Matt Morgan (love him or hate him) etc to name a few, have emerged as stars, and not just stars but high class in ring performers. plus they dont care what their guys say for promos, which means they allow steiner to be awesome!

Nicky Fives
02-02-2011, 08:24 AM
They will be known as WCW 2.0.

whiteyford
02-02-2011, 08:35 AM
They will be known as WCW 2.0.

Sad but true. They have so much potential, amazing roster, decent TV slots etc. but until they realise its not 1997 and Dixie accepts its a business, WCW 2.0 is all it will ever be.

MoFo
02-02-2011, 11:04 AM
I was gonna say the X-Division & Knockouts Div would be their legacy, but neither was great for a sustained period like the WCW Cruiserweights for example.

I just think they'll have a small cult following like ECW, but on a minor scale.