PDA

View Full Version : *Complete SD! Spoilers*

BizarroKing
02-01-2011, 08:45 PM
* Booker T joins Michael Cole and Josh Mathews on commentary. This is his new role in WWE.

* Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero come out and Vickie talks about the World Heavyweight Championship match for later tonight.Kelly Kelly came out and slapped Ziggler. Michelle McCool and Layla then come out, Edge comes out and cleans house.

* Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater beat WWE Tag Team Champions Vladimir Kozlov and Santino Marella in a non-title match.

* Drew McIntyre beats Kofi Kingston in an Elimination Chamber qualifying match. Alberto Del Rio came on the big screen, distracting Kofi, allowing Drew to get the win.

* Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match, Rey Mysterio vs. Jack Swagger. Mysterio reverses Swagger's ankle lock with head scissors and rolls him up for the win.

* Backstage, World Heavyweight Champion Edge talks with Kelly Kelly. She says he's like Drew McIntyre and has no faith in her.

* Hornswoggle, Rosa Mendes and Ricardo Rodriguez all come out. Rodriguez announces Alberto Del Rio and out he comes to celebrate. Hornswoggle ends up hitting Del Rio but gets attacked. Kofi Kingston comes to make the save but Del Rio applies his armbar finisher.

* Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match, Kane vs. Chavo Guerrero. Kane catches Chavo on the Frog Splash attempt and chokeslams him. Kane pins him to win the quick squash.

* Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match, Big Show vs. Wade Barrett. Show throws Barrett into the referee and The Corre comes out to help their leader. Ezekiel Jackson hits a clothesline and Barrett gets a near fall. Barrett hits a DDT on Show and gets the three count for the win. After the match, Show goes after them but is slammed by Jackson.

Edge & Kelly Kelly vs. Dolph Ziggler & LayCool in a 3-on-2 Handicap Match for the World Heavyweight Championship. Winners via Kelly Kelly pinning Layla, Edge & Kelly Kelly so Edge retains the World Heavyweight Championship. Vickie Guerrero is furious after the match and fires Kelly Kelly. She announces next week Edge will defend the World Heavyweight Championship against Dolph Ziggler and she'll be the special guest referee.

Theo Dious
02-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Not bad. Booker has a great head on his shoulders, I'm interested to see how this goes.

CSL
02-01-2011, 08:48 PM
That title isn't at all going to spoil anything for those that don't want anything spoiling now is it.

Xero
02-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Oh, I can dig it.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/2049654906_8d65c72a_spinaroonie.gif

Jordan
02-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Yayyyyy

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-01-2011, 09:01 PM
The Book is back on his show Smackdown!

Xero
02-01-2011, 09:04 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XuFe0vgMO2E?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XuFe0vgMO2E?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Juan
02-01-2011, 09:07 PM
I've been listening to Booker's theme almost non-stop since Sunday

Gertner
02-01-2011, 09:30 PM
If you're being serious than change into some comfy clothes, make yourself a nice ta, look in the mirror and take a good long look at how your life is going.

Juan
02-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Like way serious bro. I should move out of my mom's basement while I'm at it.

Sixx
02-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Can't wait for him to call random people "niggas".

ooTin
02-01-2011, 09:49 PM
If you're being serious than change into some comfy clothes, make yourself a nice ta, look in the mirror and take a good long look at how your life is going.

Yeah go make yourself a nice big cup of TA.
Man do I love sitting in-front of a fireplace in my big cozy chair with a warm cup of TA.
I remember the last cup of TA I had tasted soooooo good.
Man I need a cup of TA.

What is TA you ask?
Is it a delicious, warm drink? Or just the nonsynsical ramblings of a pathetic, lonely, premature balding, girlyboy internet tard?

My guess is the later.

your move Gertner.

Sixx
02-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Kewl font.

ooTin
02-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Thanks

Juan
02-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Full spoilers

Ermaximus
02-01-2011, 11:18 PM
So the SD chamber is Edge, Ziggler, Kane, Barrett, Rey, and McIntyre where as the Raw one is Cena, Morrison, Truth, Punk, Orton, and Sheamus.

I can live with that I suppose.

James Steele
02-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Bye bye Matt Striker.

Lara Emily
02-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Bye bye Matt Striker.

Just what I was about to say, kinda sucks Striker is awesome but he makes Cole and King look bad so he had to go I guess :(

Shadrick
02-01-2011, 11:58 PM
I'm trying to understand, is Raws Elimination Chamber NOT with the Miz, since Lawler gets a shot at Miz that night?

But Smackdowns Elimination chamber IS with Edge, THEIR champion?

And hmmm at a Del Rio/Kofi program...

Lara Emily
02-02-2011, 12:11 AM
Exactly, the royal rumble determined who went to Mania on the SD side and the EC determines who goes to WM on the Raw side

Shadrick
02-02-2011, 12:28 AM
Seeeeeeee thanks

TheAdamEvansFan
02-02-2011, 12:43 AM
2 things.
1. No faces won on Smackdown?
2. I expect to see Striker doing more of the behind the scenes interviews, and other side shows.

Although I hate Matt Striker, I do think he is the future of the WWE's announce team.

Although I'm a huge fan of Lawlers, it's about time he has to go which is what I think is occurring since he's been given such a push as of late, maybe as a last hoorah before retirement or as an agent role backstage.

Will we see Striker on Raw with Cole later down the road? That remains to be seen...

I do hope that Cole is only on Raw from now on since he doesn't really play his character on Smackdown so there's too much kayfabe going on.

Rammsteinmad
02-02-2011, 01:26 AM
I like Matt Striker. He seems like a geniune fan, as if any one of us got behind the mic. Lawler and pretty much everyone else just ooze of 'don't really give a fuck just saying what I'm told to say'.

Lara Emily
02-02-2011, 01:45 AM
Plus he's a smark, smarks are fun to listen to they actually kinda bring an air of authenticity to the proceedings.

#BROKEN Hasney
02-02-2011, 02:12 AM
Smark? I don't recall Striker complaining about how someones booked. He was knowledgeable, not smarky.

Lara Emily
02-02-2011, 02:13 AM
Hmm good point.

I was thinking more smark because he knew what Cattle mutilation was and called it that, which is outside of the WWE universe an shit like that ya know. But knowledgeable might be a better description

owenbrown
02-02-2011, 02:14 AM
he's the Stat Boy of WWE

James Steele
02-02-2011, 02:31 AM
He should have been fired as soon as he said he was "marking out" during the Royal Rumble.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-02-2011, 02:38 AM
He probably was.

Lara Emily
02-02-2011, 02:48 AM
He should have been fired as soon as he said he was "marking out" during the Royal Rumble.

Hence why I called him a smark commentator thanks Steele I knew there were examples. No one but a smark would say marking out on TV

James Steele
02-02-2011, 02:50 AM
He was on thin ice after a pic of his dick leaked out on the internet.

Mr. Nerfect
02-02-2011, 04:32 AM
I loved Matt Striker saying "I'm marking out." It was something for us, and it sold the genuine excitement of the moment. Plus, it's Kevin Nash. For some reason it just seemed to fit.

Hornicane
02-02-2011, 06:07 AM
Striker marking out for Booker and Nash was one of my favourite things about the Rumble. "Holy sh-...!" Made me lol. I'll miss him if he's gone from commentary for good.

Sixx
02-02-2011, 06:10 AM
Oh shit, I hven't heard about Nash showing up at the rumble. Interesting.

Sixx
02-02-2011, 06:11 AM
Then again, eliminated after 3 minutes? Hehe.

Team Sheep
02-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Haha thank fuck Striker is gone, good riddance. Terrible commentator.

Savio
02-02-2011, 09:33 AM
So nash wasnt on Smackdown or Raw?

Evil Vito
02-02-2011, 10:11 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Striker was two-fold. Sometimes he was enjoyable and other times I wanted him to shut up.

Feel like he's definitely not going to Raw though, so it sucks that he presumably now only handles NXT.

Black Snow as commentator is awesome though.</font>

Ultra Mantis
02-02-2011, 11:29 AM
I've never heard Booker T on commentary but I can only hope he lives up to the high standards set by Stevie Ray on WCW Thunder.

Ermaximus
02-02-2011, 12:25 PM
I've never heard Booker T on commentary but I can only hope he lives up to the high standards set by Stevie Ray on WCW Thunder.

I imagine a lot of guys will be called Sucka as well as a lot of him asking Josh Matthews and Cole "Did you really just say that? Tell me, you didn't just say that."

BizarroKing
02-02-2011, 12:29 PM
That 1 night Boioker did commentary on Impact...I hope he does it like that at least 1 night...

Attitude99
02-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Book On The Commentary ? Damn A Reason To Watch SD

Nightwing
02-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Good for him. He should be a good addition to the broadcast team.

addy2hotty
02-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Shame about Striker, just too 'fan-y' in the booth. He didn't do the 'storytelling' bit much either.

Didn't bother me but I'm sure it bothered the Big Cheeses, head honchos and main men.

Mr. Nerfect
02-03-2011, 04:26 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Striker was two-fold. Sometimes he was enjoyable and other times I wanted him to shut up.

Feel like he's definitely not going to Raw though, so it sucks that he presumably now only handles NXT.

Black Snow as commentator is awesome though.</font>

I think they are going to need someone on RAW while Lawler is preparing for his upcoming match with The Miz. I am hoping that team is a combination of Michael Cole, Josh Mathews & Matt Striker -- just to see how Striker goes on RAW. It could just be Cole & Mathews, as it usually is, but Cole, Mathews & Booker T are handling SmackDown!. What makes that show so special, you know? Even if the team is just Michael Cole & Matt Striker. I'm hoping we haven't seen the last of him.

Striker could also still be working Superstars. He calls the SmackDown! matches with Jack Korpela.

Mr. Nerfect
02-03-2011, 04:28 AM
Another thing: SmackDown! might have just been a trial for Booker T, to see how he sounds in the booth. If the WWE liked him, they might have him do RAW, and Striker could be back next week.

Fignuts
02-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Really enjoyed the main event. Much better than I thought it would be. I like how they acknowledged "yeah, kelly kelly is awful, edge is losing the title", and made a whole story out of it.

And then Kelly Kelly goes and puts on a great performance. Was very impressed with her. Hope she stays in this feud with vicki, and this kayfabe firing doesn't put her on raw.

Mr. Nerfect
02-04-2011, 10:42 PM
I hope that next week, Drew McIntyre gets right in Vickie's face, and demands that she hires Kelly back. When Vickie is all "Who do you think you are?" Drew is all "I'm The Chosen One! What are you going to do, Vickie? Fire me? One call to the Board of Directors and you are gone. You're going to reinstate Kelly, and at the Elimination Chamber, I am going to take the World Heavyweight Title off your boyfriend."

Come on, that would be bad-ass.

But yes, I was very impressed with the main event. Kelly Kelly worked her ass off, and I've been impressed with pretty much all of the ladies recently. I can't wait until Kong gets in.

Alberto Del Rio also really impressed me. He's getting it, and he's reminding me a lot of Kurt Angle -- a legit bad-ass that's a bit goofy, but still has this undeniable credibility. I'm looking forward to Del Rio's eventual match against Kofi Kingston. Part of me wonders if they will put the IC Title on Del Rio to boost interest in the World Heavyweight Title match at WrestleMania.

Jack Swagger and Heath Slater impressed me this week with the little things they were doing in their respective matches.

On the topic of commentary: I've got to be honest -- while I like Booker T, I didn't really like his commentary this week. I missed Matt Striker. There were spots where I was like "I know Striker would have the answer to that question." I'd rather see Michael Cole fuck off and leave Mathews, Striker & Booker T to call SmackDown!.

Fignuts
02-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Dunno, Drew strikes me as the kind of heel who wouldn't give a shit, and play up the bad boyfriend heel persona.

I will admit that it would be great, but I'd be pretty surprised if they did it.

Also, the ziggler vs edge feud is about as good as the kane vs edge feud was bad.

Mr. Nerfect
02-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Ziggler really stepped it up on the mic tonight. Maybe it was just because he was in there with Kelly Kelly, who is by far the worst actor in the WWE. But it made Ziggler look awesome.

I'm thinking the McIntyre face turn might come just because there seems no point in teasing it, he's got a pretty cool shirt that could sell well if he were a good guy, the Elimination Chamber could use another babyface, and there are heaps of heels on the SmackDown! side of things.

The crowds seem more responsive to McIntyre as a face than they do McIntyre as a heel. I think he might be better at generating face heat for himself than he is at generating heel heat.

VSG
02-05-2011, 04:54 PM
A touch disappointed with the latest Corre theme, feels like a watered-down version.

My Final Heaven
02-05-2011, 08:36 PM
I really hope Striker isn't done for, he's actually one of the best Play-by-Players they have right now. He's a bit comparable to Joey Styles, both are actual Wrestling Announcers, instead of "Sports Entertainment Storytellers" with kayfabe characters.

I think one thing Striker got screwed on unfairly, was when Michael Cole started ragging on him for knowing what the Cattle Mutilation was. All of a sudden, he was the target of every fairweather Cole smark in the IWC, cuz, y'know, Cole being the second coming of Gordon Solie because he's portaying a heel character & everything. :shifty:

or I could be totally wrong, maybe it's a bad thing when an announcer knows his shit.

James Steele
02-05-2011, 08:39 PM
He should have been fired for saying, "I'm marking out bro!".

CSL
02-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Why?

Mr. Nerfect
02-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Why?

Mr. Nerfect
02-05-2011, 08:44 PM
CSL beat me to it by a few seconds, it seems.

CSL
02-05-2011, 08:45 PM
That's what it seems. In truth I stopped time about 3 hours ago right after posting that have been drawing various stick men playing sports since. I restarted time about a minute ago.

Mr. Nerfect
02-05-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm pretty sure we'll see Matt Striker on RAW to replace Jerry Lawler while Lawler plays a more active role in storylines. Yeah, Josh Mathews is usually King's replacement, but does it make sense for RAW to have the announce team that SmackDown! has, minus one big star?

Mr. Nerfect
02-05-2011, 08:47 PM
That's what it seems. In truth I stopped time about 3 hours ago right after posting that have been drawing various stick men playing sports since. I restarted time about a minute ago.

Well, I stopped time to complete five stages of Angry Birds, but unfortunately that was only 2.4 hours ago. I guess that is why your post came up first.

Damian Rey
02-06-2011, 12:07 AM
As someone who is taking journalism with hoped of being a play-by-play man someday, I love Matt Striker. Yes, the "I'm marking out, bro" was a little much. But most of the time, Striker lends insight to the matches, puts over both heels and faces, and actually analyzes what's going on.

I think a move to Raw, if Lawler is in fact finishing his run, would be great. As good as Micheal Cole has been, Lawler has been flat. Outside of his current storyline, Lawler doesn't offer much in terms of balancing out Cole's heelish ways. Striker, being the objective, knowledgeable wrestling geek he is, would offer a nice counter to Cole.

It makes sense. The best WWE broadcast teams had balance in the heel/face aspect. Monsoon/Heenan, Ross/Lawler, Ross/Heyman. I'd love Cole/Striker.

Mr. Nerfect
02-06-2011, 12:49 AM
Hopefully King gets his WrestleMania moment this year, so we get a February and March without him in the booth.

Regardless of if Lawler plans on retiring, I think it would still be beneficial for the WWE to create a new "sound" for their shows. Matt Striker could be a huge part of that.

Lara Emily
02-06-2011, 06:50 AM
A touch disappointed with the latest Corre theme, feels like a watered-down version.

Yeah eww what the hell you could barely hear it. Dunno why the dropped the I'll be Your End of Days intro

XL
02-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Was I the only one hoping that Rosa Mendes was gonna turn heel on Hornswoggle and join Del Rio?

loopydate
02-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Part of me wonders if they will put the IC Title on Del Rio to boost interest in the World Heavyweight Title match at WrestleMania.

I was thinking about that earlier today. Also thought maybe Brodus wins NXT, then he and ADR win the tag titles, so ADR goes into Mania with tons of championship momentum.

XL
02-07-2011, 09:06 PM
I kinda like the idea of his first title being the WHC. That said, it's been ages since we had a double champ.