PDA

View Full Version : Move Lawler out of the Booth

Snowden
02-07-2011, 11:58 PM
...at the very least, for the few weeks leading to Elimination Chamber.

As I mentioned in the Raw thread, I'm of the opinion that the bickering between Cole and Lawler is patently annoying. Not annoying in the "Wow, Cole is such a great peevish heel," but annoying in a "They need to shut the fuck up or I'm turning my TV off."

How would you guys feel about Lawler leaving the booth, just for a couple of weeks until after his match with Miz? Have the GM e-mail something to the effect of "Due to your status as a #1 contender and active competitor, you've been relieved of your duties as commentator until further notice," or something to that effect. Cole will grab heat, would get the two of them away from each other (and thus, Cole could shut the fuck up sometimes), and they can move Matthews into a PBP role with Cole being the heel color guy, which is much more fitting for his character right now.

Thoughts?

MoFo
02-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Love it, anything to get him off commentary.

TheAdamEvansFan
02-08-2011, 12:07 AM
They both will be ousted as they will be facing each other at Wrestlemania.

I expect to see JR return to the announcing booth in the time being to give the fans some love.

JR and Regal would be superb 0r if JBL returned to do some commentary just for this occasion.

Aguakate
02-08-2011, 12:52 AM
...Yeah, the bickering between Cole and Lawler is getting annoying.

Next Big Thing
02-08-2011, 05:29 AM
King really is terrible as a face commentator. It's like he doesn't give a shit anymore. Watching the PPVs is hard. Striker tries to get King to participate and sell the moves and action in the ring to the viewers and ends up getting mocked. It's more of them bitching to each other than actual commentary.

Maybe if King was back with JR things would be different, but as it stands right now, I wouldn't mind if he went away.

Cuse8
02-08-2011, 10:02 AM
...at the very least, for the few weeks leading to Elimination Chamber.

As I mentioned in the Raw thread, I'm of the opinion that the bickering between Cole and Lawler is patently annoying. Not annoying in the "Wow, Cole is such a great peevish heel," but annoying in a "They need to shut the fuck up or I'm turning my TV off."

How would you guys feel about Lawler leaving the booth, just for a couple of weeks until after his match with Miz? Have the GM e-mail something to the effect of "Due to your status as a #1 contender and active competitor, you've been relieved of your duties as commentator until further notice," or something to that effect. Cole will grab heat, would get the two of them away from each other (and thus, Cole could shut the fuck up sometimes), and they can move Matthews into a PBP role with Cole being the heel color guy, which is much more fitting for his character right now.

Thoughts?

completely agree, the bickering got to be so obnoxious last night i was close to hitting mute on the broadcast. if they were a 3 man booth and cole was playing such a heel role it would be much better, but with cole going above and beyond annoying and king just fighting back with him its very tough to tolerate.

Ol Dirty Dastard
02-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Yeah King's given up on his commentary. But damn is he a great in ring performer and talker, especially for someone his age. Limited moveset, but hits them all with beautiful precision and gets the fans to react.