PDA

View Full Version : Intertwined Storylines

Xero
02-15-2011, 11:22 AM
This is something that I feel had been lacking for the past few years, and it seems that it's really heating up right now.

Cena is feuding or has heat with Miz, Rock and Punk.

Miz has Cena and Lawler.

Punk has Cena and Orton.

Edge has Del Rio and Ziggler.

It just seems that there's more multi-feuds going on at once now than there has in a long time.

Discuss intertwined storylines in this thread. Also discuss how you feel about the current situation of intertwined storylines.

Ermaximus
02-15-2011, 11:26 AM
Also see:

Del Rio has Edge, Kofi, Rey, and surely Christian when he returns.

Sheamus has Mark Henry, Morrison, and surely HHH when he returns.

Corporate CockSnogger
02-15-2011, 11:28 AM
There's also still a bit of beef between Nexus and Corre. And when Taker comes back he has Barrett and Kane.

Hanso Amore
02-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Its like TNA, but logical and well thought out.

Savio
02-15-2011, 01:19 PM
Its getting better now, like 2 years ago the main story line was just "you have the title and I want it"

XL
02-15-2011, 01:29 PM
I like the idea, it's far more organic than "I'm done being mad at you, I'm mad at this guy now".

Jimmy Cones
02-15-2011, 02:24 PM
I like complexity.

Mr. Nerfect
02-17-2011, 08:48 AM
Complexity is good, when the balls are not dropped. I hate it when guys suddenly like each other because they are both faces. Randy Orton and Kofi Kingston should always hate each other, as should Orton and Cena/Orton and Triple H, etc.

I don't think I've been happier in seeing the past brought up in recent memory as when CM Punk brought up Randy Orton ending his first World Heavyweight Title reign. That was awesome.

Also, with the way the RAW storylines are, I'm not completely unconvinced that the eventual Cena/Miz and Orton/Punk matches won't be unified into a Fatal 4-Way with The Rock as the Special Guest Referee.

Jura
02-17-2011, 09:27 AM
The Miz pisses off The Rock so he gives him the Rock Bottom. The crowd cheers. Miz slowly gets back up and walks into the Attitude Adjustment and Cena covers him. 1...2... IT DOESN'T MATTER IF I COUNT TO 3!! Cena gets up and he gets Rock Bottom'd then People's Elbow'd and the Rock covers him for the 1-2-3 and takes the WWE title. Then he throws the title off a bridge along with Cena and reveals the Brahma Bull title that was never used.

dingdongyo
02-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Complexity is good, when the balls are not dropped.
agreed.
make sure i get this right: hhh is revealed as the guy who tried to kill hbk with a sledgehammer. hbk says "it will never be over" or something like that.
a year or so later, dx reunion.
correct? if so, stupid.

meaningful complexity makes things interesting. i'm just not sure it makes wrestling fans pay money.

Xero
02-17-2011, 12:06 PM
I don't think guys "always have to hate each other", but there has to be a logical reason why they stop hating each other. They shouldn't team one day after having a heated feud (Orton/Cena for instance) and barely make any mention of their past and them having seemingly no problems with it. There should be a lot of tension between the two, and mistrust, and not be teaming just because they're both face. After months of crossing paths like this, yeah, things can cool off and move on.

Haze
02-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Anything that offers a little variety is a plus in my book.

Anybody Thrilla
02-17-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm loving it right now. I don't know a single guarenteed match for Wrestlemania yet, but there are a lot of tasty possibilities.

Emperor Smeat
02-17-2011, 04:19 PM
I think it also has to do with Raw having a lot of options for a potential main event at Wrestlemania compared to Smackdown that has the Rumble winner (Del Rio) vs champion (Edge) locked up.

Smackdown also has a couple of mixed storylines but most involve either Del Rio or the Corre.

Tazz Dan
02-17-2011, 05:47 PM
I like where all these potential feuds are heading. A few weeks back a lot of people were already saying this would be the worst WrestleMania ever, but the writers have done a great job at mixing everyone up to the point anything can happen between now and then.

Favre4Ever
02-17-2011, 08:33 PM
In my opinion, pretty huge correlation between this and the losses of HBK and Batista, not to mention the temporary loss of Triple H. With so many new faces being thrust into main event scene, the multi-faced feuds they have allowed to develop are helping to smooth those said losses over.

Anybody Thrilla
02-17-2011, 08:36 PM
I think it also has to do with Raw having a lot of options for a potential main event at Wrestlemania compared to Smackdown that has the Rumble winner (Del Rio) vs champion (Edge) locked up.

Smackdown also has a couple of mixed storylines but most involve either Del Rio or the Corre.

Del Rio v. Edge isn't locked up. There's still an Elimination Chamber match for the World title.

Emperor Smeat
02-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Based on the spoilers for Smackdown this week, it wouldn't make too much sense for Edge to lose at the Chamber since his feud with Del Rio only started recently.

I doubt WWE will restart the Del Rio vs Rey any time soon since their feud had just ended recently.

By saying Smackdown has its match locked, I meant more of them having the traditional Rumble winner vs current champion match set in stone for Mania.

Anybody Thrilla
02-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Stop talking about spoilers, you dicknose.

Anybody Thrilla
02-17-2011, 09:14 PM
And all I was saying is that it's not even "set in stone" until after Elimination Chamber. You don't know what kind of twists they may have coming.

Also, I think Mysterio and Cody Rhodes will have a Wrestlemania match.