PDA

View Full Version : Is Sheamus in the doghouse or something?

The Naitch
02-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Where will this lead Sheamus for WrestleMania? Will they give him the frustrated jobber role from now on? From King Of The Magical Forest to doing THE JOB to The Worlds' Strongest Man. It's just the way he lost that puzzles me. Kinda just came out of nowhere. I DUNNO

Mr. Nerfect
02-23-2011, 05:23 PM
The story in context to the match made perfect sense to me -- Sheamus is higher on the card, and had something to prove to Henry; wheres Henry was looking for a win any way he could get it. Sheamus went too far with the turnbuckle, and it cost him.

I don't think Sheamus is so much in the doghouse as it's just time for him to give back now that he isn't an active focus of the WWE. I'm sure Sheamus will again taste World Title gold, and could be re-pushed at the drop of a hat, but there's no harm in him helping get guys like John Morrison and Mark Henry over in the meantime.

loopydate
02-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Well, so much for "If it's not Sting, I'll never post here again." :p

The Naitch
02-23-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm still surprised that Henry survived the "future endeavoured spring cleaning" they did last year.

I wonder why and how he's been able to keep his job. I kinda liked him tagging with Yoshi Tatsu. They should pursue that.

The Naitch
02-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Well, so much for "If it's not Sting, I'll never post here again." :p

Just like Ric Flair "retiring" from pro wrestling. YOU CAN'T KEEP THE MAN AWAY!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

(plus I got bored with my "retirement". The people need me)

BigDaddyCool
02-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Losing to Mark Henry just means you lost to Mark Henry, not you are in the dog house.

Mr. Nerfect
02-23-2011, 05:38 PM
BDC speaks truth.

RiX1024
02-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Apparently Sheamus has no fans in the creative department especially Kevin Dunn and wearing a crown for winning the KOTR was a way to make fun of him. hahahaahahaha a grown man wearing a crown as Mick Foley would of said.

Brigstocke
02-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Mark Henry is 'The Worlds Strongest Man' in theory losing to him is inevitable.

The Naitch
02-23-2011, 05:42 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Sheamus get buried for the remainder of his career. He hasn't done much to impress me to deserve the push he got in 2009.

Xero
02-23-2011, 05:43 PM
If he's getting Danielson at Mania, it's all good, but there was a pretty clear drop off of when they made the decision to do Taker/Triple H instead of Sheamus/Triple H, which was CLEARLY the way they were going up until a month or two ago. Sheamus was namedropping Hunter every now and then, they had the ready-made feud to come back to and everything.

But there was definitely a point where Sheamus started to get buried. Not BADLY, but he started losing matches he had no business losing, and it felt like the Sheamus/Morrison feud was going no where.

The problem with Sheamus losing to Mark Henry isn't the fact that he lost to Mark Henry, but the fact that, for years now, Henry has been a midcard joke at best. He was just floating around, losing matches and stuck in the tag division for a while. Then he suddenly starts to get the upper hand on Sheamus two weeks in a row.

If Henry had been booked strong for the past, say, month, I could buy it. But not with this, especially because I honestly don't see this as a push for Henry. If it was, it'd be okay, but it's going to lead no where and bump Sheamus down the ladder even more, in a time where they need top stars.

Brigstocke
02-23-2011, 05:43 PM
whaddaya mean fella? he put Chriple Aitch on da shelf.

Rammsteinmad
02-23-2011, 05:54 PM
I kinda like that Triple H hasn't come back to Sheamus (yet, anyway).

It leaves it to the record books that Sheamus 'won' that rivalry. I mean, we all expected HHH to return and get the win at 'Mania right. The typical 'returning-face get's revenge on the guy who took him out' scenario.

Sheamus should big it up more that he 'beat' Triple H.

CSL
02-23-2011, 05:55 PM
If he's getting Danielson at Mania, it's all good, but there was a pretty clear drop off of when they made the decision to do Taker/Triple H instead of Sheamus/Triple H, which was CLEARLY the way they were going up until a month or two ago. Sheamus was namedropping Hunter every now and then, they had the ready-made feud to come back to and everything.

But there was definitely a point where Sheamus started to get buried. Not BADLY, but he started losing matches he had no business losing, and it felt like the Sheamus/Morrison feud was going no where.

The problem with Sheamus losing to Mark Henry isn't the fact that he lost to Mark Henry, but the fact that, for years now, Henry has been a midcard joke at best. He was just floating around, losing matches and stuck in the tag division for a while. Then he suddenly starts to get the upper hand on Sheamus two weeks in a row.

If Henry had been booked strong for the past, say, month, I could buy it. But not with this, especially because I honestly don't see this as a push for Henry. If it was, it'd be okay, but it's going to lead no where and bump Sheamus down the ladder even more, in a time where they need top stars.

Henry hasn't been a 'midcard joke' since before he went to ECW. I'm not seeing anybody's problem here. He lost pretty clean (not squeaky) to a guy that can be presented as a threat when need-be, it's certainly not going to hurt Sheamus. I like it when they freshen things up a bit with bits like this, nobody was expecting Henry to go over and now people are talking about it. If anything, spending a little time away from the 'top level' (aka Orton, Cena, Triple H) could be good for him, spend a year or so working programs with guys like Morrison, Henry, Kofi etc that he didn't really get a chance to do anything with on his way up, let him fully flesh out his character. I still think he's going to be a huge star as a babyface at some point down the line.

Hanso Amore
02-23-2011, 05:57 PM
He will probably be in a MITB match.

After his loss they did that backstage segment with Bryan. Perhaps this is an angle...OMG one loss in a fake sport and he is in the doghouse OH NOEZ.

Snowden
02-23-2011, 06:29 PM
Apparently Sheamus has no fans in the creative department especially Kevin Dunn and wearing a crown for winning the KOTR was a way to make fun of him.

I read that report too, and it sounds completely ridiculous to be honest. Why would they revive KOTR, which can easily be used to push someone, only to use it as a subtle way to bury Sheamus? He could have easily done the same exact thing, crown or no crown.

As was said before, Sheamus was KOTR so they could originally do some sort of HHH (King of Kings) vs. Sheamus (King of the Ring) match at 'Mania. Now, he's going to start working with a rising start in Bryan, they'll probably have a good 2-3 month feud, and we'll see what happens from there. I'm sure he'll grab some World Title gold again, probably when he makes the inevitable jump to Smackdown (while Del Rio moves to Raw).

MoFo
02-23-2011, 06:37 PM
I like Sheamus, but they were overdoing him v Orton & Cena in the main event.

This freshens things up with him.

Lock Jaw
02-23-2011, 07:07 PM
I liked his feud with Morrison. Really helped to elevate Morrison to another level (or at least the highest level of the mid-card). It was great to see them using this guy they had built up (Sheamus) to get another talent over. Plus it was the best I had ever seen Sheamus as well.

Losing to Mark Henry is another thing entirely. Unlike John Morrison, Henry is going nowhere and will never go anywhere.

So, while it was an incredibly stupid move, especially right after the dude he has been bragging about putting on the shelf returned....

I'm used to WWE making stupid moves.

Providence Peep
02-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Losing to Mark Henry is another thing entirely. Unlike John Morrison, Henry is going nowhere and will never go anywhere.

Very true about Henry going nowhere, except maybe the unemployment line after the annual WM cuts. On the other hand, I don't think throwing Henry a bone was that big of a deal - since his victory is what planted the seeds for a new angle with Sheamus and the man I call Daniel Bryan Danielson.

I think I mentioned in one of the RAW threads a few weeks back that a feud between Bryan and Sheamus leading to a US Championship match would be interesting, and I really believe it will.

What if Bryan drops the belt to Sheamus at WM, but then Bateman comes in and Bateman and Bryan win the tag titles? :yes:

N.B. - I was planning to make a ground-breaking 3000th post, but forgot this one would be 3000th. Oh well.

Savio
02-23-2011, 07:34 PM
CM Punk is in the doghouse

Mr. Nerfect
02-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Keep in mind that Sheamus competed in an Elimination Chamber match the night before. In kayfabe, Sheamus was fighting with a handicap. The win helped Mark Henry more than it hurt Sheamus -- so I don't think that can be counted as buried. If Zack Ryder gets his win back against Sheamus, then we can begin to discuss his position on the card.

I'm also feeling that Sheamus will end up on SmackDown! after the draft. This could be a way to get him to create some RAW stars before he heads over there. Hell, Sheamus might destroy Henry in a squash next week, and Daniel Bryan might make the save, officially setting up their WrestleMania program.

The Naitch
02-23-2011, 07:51 PM
Moving to Smackdown...

....so the burial continues...

DOGHOUSE!

Lara Emily
02-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Moving to Smackdown...

....so the burial continues...

DOGHOUSE!

See Barrett, Wade for proof that Smackdown is where the big boys go to get buried.

XL
02-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Losing to Mark Henry just means you lost to Mark Henry, not you are in the dog house.
Tell that to Jackson Andrews.

Gertner
02-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Sheamus is amazing. I really can't see what he's done to piss off creative.

Mr. C
02-23-2011, 11:40 PM
Sheamus moving to SmackDown opens the potential for feuds with Big Show, Edge, Rey Mysterio, and The Undertaker, all of which would be interesting.

CSL
02-24-2011, 12:27 AM
I'd very much like to see Sheamus/Rey

Mr. Nerfect
02-24-2011, 04:49 AM
Sheamus is amazing. I really can't see what he's done to piss off creative.

He's not over.

GD
02-24-2011, 08:06 AM
According to Ryan Clark, Kevin Dunn isn't a fan of King Sheamus.

Brigstocke
02-24-2011, 09:47 AM
HHH is a fan of Sheamus, this in WWE Terms nullifies Kevin Dunn's opinions.

Johnny Vegas
02-24-2011, 11:37 AM
Because its black history month