PDA

View Full Version : hw would you feel about HHH breaking Taker's Mania streak?

The MAC
02-27-2011, 02:52 AM
I know James Steele would die from the most intense orgasm he has ever had.
How bout you?

Aguakate
02-27-2011, 02:59 AM
For some odd reason, I could see it happening...

...I mean, so much has been made of Undertaker's streak, and so many people feel he will never lose it, that for a lot of fans, it's almost a forgone conclusion that Undertaker will win any match he has at WrestleMania, no matter who it's against, thereby taking away the "surprise" factor from his matches...

...so, no better way to do away with that, than to have Undertaker lose.

Would it REALLY take away from his legacy to be 18-1, rather than 19-0? Not really.

So I could see it happening.

blak23
02-27-2011, 04:56 AM
i will not hear this blasphemy

Brigstocke
02-27-2011, 05:02 AM
I doubt it will happen but I think Taker will 'offer up' his streak to a young guy who can make something of it in a year or two's time.

Maybe Miz or JoMo. Either of those two and I'd be happy to see the streak broken. Nobody makes a gain by HHH breaking the streak aside from HHH who has said recently that he's retiring soon?

Troelar
02-27-2011, 05:05 AM
I don't see it happening. There are a few reasons why:

1: Having someone break the streak really seems like a silly thing. Because it is taken for granted that Taker will win, having him lose would be unlikely to create the greatest mark out moment, and more likely to create a 'wtf' moment. And not in a particularly good way. Granted a scenario could be built in which Taker losing would be a genuine mark out moment - say him facing a younger star, who has his own streak going (and not just a 1-0 streak). That would require a few years of getting someone built up to it - and with Taker I doubt there's enough years left.

2: Having HHH win it would just be stupid. First off, he doesn't need it at all. Not only is he over decently, he is as close to in bed with his boss as he can get. There's just no reason for giving it up to HHH.

3: It would leave a gap for next Mania - where Taker will prolly still fight - that couldn't be filled with "Will the Undertaker remain (almost) undefeated at Wrestlemania - or can John Cena break the Deadmans streak?". There's not really much prestige in defeating Taker 2. at Mania - it would make Cena the Buzz Aldrin of the WWE. (And I'm not saying that Cena is gonna defeat Taker next year. He's not... well prolly not...)

Summing up the above: No - HHH wont win.

To answer the question actually asked by the OP:
I would initially be like - WTF! *facepalm* - then I would go here and read post after post about how HHH is a self-serving asshole and how Taker was prolly threatened into giving his streak up for HHH.
After that I would just continue to think that it was a stupid move.

James Steele
02-27-2011, 05:38 AM
It wouldn't bother me much, but it wouldn't make much sense when "The Streak" could be used to propel one of those guys on the cusp to that next level.

Lara Emily
02-27-2011, 05:44 AM
I think it would be ridiculously stupid.

addy2hotty
02-27-2011, 06:06 AM
Every year..........

Onyx
02-27-2011, 07:00 AM
Honestly what I would like to see would be for HBK to be the special referee, and at some point in the match he delivers Sweet Chin Music to Taker who then gets Pedigreed by Triple H. Then HBK counts the 3 and Triple H wins. They celebrate, with HBK having gotten a little bit of pay back on Taker. Maybe even bring out Nash for the celebration. Then have the anonymous GM or Teddy Long come out and restart the match with a new, impartial ref. Then have Taker beat Triple H. That way the streak is safe, but we still get a huge shocking moment that makes Taker look beatable at WrestleMania, which would then lead to next year with everyone talking about how the streak almost came to an end and asking if this will be the year it is broken once and for all. I just want to see it because I am tired of Undertaker matches at Mania being a "sure thing," and I would get a kick out of seeing the dumbfounded look on everyone's face in the crowd, but by the close of the show the streak would still be safe so that someone more deserving could break it.

I doubt this will happen, but I would book it.

Volare
02-27-2011, 07:09 AM
Every year..........

St. Jimmy
02-27-2011, 07:11 AM
Pro.

Kane Knight
02-27-2011, 07:29 AM
Every year..........

Nicky Fives
02-27-2011, 08:19 AM
THE STREAK SHOULD NEVER END!!!!! [/thread]

Londoner
02-27-2011, 08:20 AM
It would be funny seeing everyones reactions here on TPWW if it happened.

Sixx
02-27-2011, 08:43 AM
I actually don't care about this match at all.

Testicle
02-27-2011, 08:45 AM
I'm kind of hoping he does just so that we can enjoy the ensuing chaos.

screech
02-27-2011, 08:47 AM
It would be funny seeing everyones reactions here on TPWW if it happened.

Computers would be hurled at bedroom walls across the world.

Aguakate
02-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Every year..........

That's why I can see it happening...because "every year" we go through this, and fans already expect Undertaker to win no matter what.

Swish
02-27-2011, 08:50 AM
Like everyone else had said. It shouldn't happen..

Undertaker has earned the right to keep this streak.

But if HHH was to win this and end the streak. I'd be all like yeah well he only won this because he's banging the bosses's daughter.....

Aguakate
02-27-2011, 09:02 AM
Like everyone else had said. It shouldn't happen..

Undertaker has earned the right to keep this streak.

But if HHH was to win this and end the streak. I'd be all like yeah well he only won this because he's banging the bosses's daughter.....

It takes away from the whole angle if we just know Undertaker will keep his streak, though...

Troelar
02-27-2011, 09:50 AM
Just like it takes away from every angle, that we know Cena will eventually win it - yes even the angles he's not involved in!

Purgatory
02-27-2011, 09:58 AM
I would be ok with just about any one else doing it. This reminds me of back in WCW when Nash booked himself to end Goldbergs streak. Just shows how selfishness and a position of authority comes together. If Triple H wasn't banging the bosses daughter and had absolutely no pull in the company, I prolly wouldn't have that much of an issue with this.

Cool King
02-27-2011, 10:04 AM
A lot of what I was going to say has been said already so I'll keep it short.

I don't think Triple H will end the streak.
I'm not really looking forward to the match at this moment. (Afterall, it was only officially announced two days ago)
I don't think the streak should end. Ever.
And I get the feeling Undertaker's last WrestleMania is next year, so he can go out with a rounded 20-0 record.

Purgatory
02-27-2011, 10:12 AM
That would be the best way to celebrate his legacy, I agree. 26 years in the business (started in WCCW in '84), only to lose at the biggest event of the year and then retire? No way.

#BROKEN Hasney
02-27-2011, 10:23 AM
I hope he does just to stop threads about the streak every year AND the sheer hatred HHH would get when people assume that HHH made him.

Evil Vito
02-27-2011, 11:11 AM
<font color=goldenrod>He shouldn't end it for the simple reason that Taker should be able to head into WM 28 with 20-0 at stake. Win or lose, WM 28 should be his final Mania.</font>

RiX1024
02-27-2011, 11:51 AM
The streak won't end, there's no point of ending it.

MoFo
02-27-2011, 11:57 AM
I think it would be ridiculously stupid.

Sixx
02-27-2011, 11:58 AM
I'll end it.

StevieA79
02-27-2011, 12:05 PM
They can't have someone like Triple H end the streak.

I don't believe Triple H is 'that' selfish at this stage in his career. He's a smart guy and he will know that whoever ends the Undertakers streak must benefit from it big time. Not just short term but it should make a guy.

Something as monumental as breaking Takers streak can't be given to just anyone it must be someone special who can use it as a foundation on which to build or re-build a career. Defeating the Undertaker on the grandest stage of them all would spring board someone to main event level this really can't be downplayed because in the eyes of the wrestling world the streak is one of the most historic achievements in the business and rightfully so.

You could even use the moment as a way to pass the torch much like Hogan passed the torch to Warrior at Wrestlemania 6.

Just some wild scenarios but if they ever brought back Muhammed Hassan for the long term it would be an amazing way to give him the ultimate revenge on Taker. Or more realistically they could give it to someone like Punk, Swagger,The Miz, perhaps even John Morrisson someone who will become the future of the WWE.

Personally I quite like the idea of someone gaining revenge on Taker taking the streak. I feel it has to end at some point otherwise you lose the ability to springboard someone to main event level and beyond in one match, that's a very rare opportunity these days.

Sixx
02-27-2011, 12:07 PM
I always chuckle when I hear about Hogan passing the torch to Warrior.

Warrior is long gone and Hogan keeps coming back like a turd in a tub.

erickman
02-27-2011, 12:10 PM
i want to know what is trips mania loosing streak is, when was the last time he won at wrestlmania. guess taker thinks he has another mania in him, or he would have faced wade this year.

Evil Vito
02-27-2011, 12:11 PM
i want to know what is trips mania loosing streak is, when was the last time he won at wrestlmania. guess taker thinks he has another mania in him, or he would have faced wade this year.

<font color=goldenrod>Last year...</font>

StevieA79
02-27-2011, 12:14 PM
True it didn't quite work out how they planned! They expected the Warrior to be around for a long long time, perhaps Vince thought that being the top guy would some how change the Warriors attitude? However I think the experience made Vince wiser and probably began to change the business model of the WWF/WWE. He knew what kind of qualities he had to look for in new stars and he knew that he had to make changes for the long term if WWF were to be successful.

I have seen similar changes in football in the UK when purchasing players they really do their homework on the type of character they are, what kind of upbringing they had, what kind of morales they have etc every team in the Premiership approaches transfers like a Man United, Arsenal or a Chelsea.

Two very different businesses granted but it wasn't just about having 'IT' or having the talent in both football and wrestling anymore it became more about the character and principles of the person of course talent will always come into the equation but you only have to look at the roster today to see how times have changed.

openedup
02-27-2011, 12:33 PM
the patriots went 18-1, do you think they were happy? the streak wont end for taker

DLVH84
02-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Triple H had his chance and he failed. History may repeat itself.

The MAC
02-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Undertaker should NEVER lose but at the end of his last match some sort of re-incarnation deal should go down, perhaps using a stage illusion (magic trick - like a trick coffin) where Calloway is switched for with a younger wrestler to takeover the gimmick.

Calloway could then accept his mortality and the HOF.

bigslimjj
02-27-2011, 01:43 PM
He's going 20-0 then riding off on his titan bike.

Kane Knight
02-27-2011, 02:25 PM

[/fanboy]

BobBitchen
02-27-2011, 02:57 PM
I will punch HHH in his big roman nose.

James Steele
02-27-2011, 03:16 PM

I'd pay to see Paul Levesque kick your shit in.

The MAC
02-27-2011, 03:30 PM
I'd pay to see Paul Levesque shit

what he really meant.

Emperor Smeat
02-27-2011, 03:46 PM
I'd rather the streak be broken by a younger guy the WWE is willing to invest as their future or at least another wrestler who also has an undefeated streak so that if Taker lost, his streak would end but the specialness of the streak continues with the other person.

It would be similar to when it was Edge vs Undertaker and how both had undefeated singles records at Mania (Edge did lose a MitB and maybe a tag match before).

Lock Jaw
02-27-2011, 03:52 PM
This thread is stupid. I will make it better.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/90D19ZdkQw4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lara Emily
02-27-2011, 05:47 PM
That's fucking awesome!

Majunior
02-27-2011, 06:28 PM
I don't think Hunter should do it, it should be used to propel a serious young star. Someone that will be around, and be able to benefit from the win.

Although, I say this -- I don't see the streak as important. Just like I thought Goldberg's streak was BS.

Tom Guycott
02-28-2011, 02:24 AM
It wouldn't bother me much, but it wouldn't make much sense when "The Streak" could be used to propel one of those guys on the cusp to that next level.

... and this is from Steele, so that should let everyone know how dumb of an idea this is long-run. Even though you truly "never know" because there is always that chance of a swerve, just because one can almost bank on Undertaker winning, it's still worth taking the ride as a fan.

I agree. Yeah, a young lion can get the rub, but at the same time, it can be one of those nigh-unreachable streaks that solidifies the Deadman as legendary like the "HONK-A-METER".

This fits the thread because he also passed the torch to 'Taker (with an emphatic Tombstone and Heenan exclaiming "Hulkamania is dead!"), and everyone is speculating an impending retirement out of Undertaker. It's like Foley being a legit fan of Terry Funk, wrestling Terry Funk, then RETIRING before Terry Funk!

Although, I say this -- I don't see the streak as important. Just like I thought Goldberg's streak was BS.

The streak is about as important as those Royal Rumble statistics: not really, but still fun. Goldberg's streak would be less BS if it weren't swollen by house show wins, local enhancement talent, and repeated victores over the laundry list of WorldWide jobbers (Glacier, Smiley, DisQo, Silver King, all of nWo Black & White...)

Aguakate
02-28-2011, 02:29 AM

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a9Cgzbhpaks" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lui Kang
02-28-2011, 02:54 AM
I know James Steele would die from the most intense orgasm he has ever had.
How bout you?

HHH defeating Taker at Wrestlemania would be one of the stupidest things in WWE history.

Undertaker's streak is as such, that it will NEVER be duplicated ever again. Undertaker has been insanely loyal to the WWE for so many years and that HAS to be rewarded. Undertaker retiring both Shawn Michaels and Triple H would really add something to Taker's already impressive legacy.

I do not support the idea of HHH ending Taker's streak whatsoever. It would be a spectacular mistake.

Shadrick
02-28-2011, 06:50 AM
It wouldn't bother me much

Really?

02-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Doesn't make any sense.

Doesn't make me want to pay money to possibly see it happen either, honestly.

Razzamajazz
02-28-2011, 11:40 AM
how would you feel about HHH getting injured (tearing a quad) during the match and it turning to complete shit?

Swish
02-28-2011, 11:47 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a9Cgzbhpaks" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Big Fucking Deal..

Supreme Olajuwon
02-28-2011, 11:54 AM
They could always do something where Triple H wins by countout or DQ and is like FUCK THAT and makes them restart the match but then Taker wins.

Jordan
02-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Interesting match as it hasn't been made Career vs Streak but I predict it will, and if it does I won't want either guy to lose. I don't see this being Triple H's last WWE match ever and I don't think The Undertaker will lose the Streak to Triple H. Tough call, I personally hope Triple H pulls out all of the strings to get the victory, mostly hiring Diesel and Shawn Michaels to help him out, only to fail.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Why would it be career v streak?

Ermaximus
02-28-2011, 12:07 PM
Why would it be career v streak?

I'm wondering this myself. I mean, I'm pretty sure HHH wants to be written off tv given his recent promotion, but they still never properly closed the whole Sheamus/HHH fued for starters.

The only thing I can see being the motivation for this is HHH says something like "Shawn couldn't get the job done, but I will." Then Taker can just be like "you want your shot Hunter? Then you have to put up the same price and stakes that Shawn did."

I'm sure WWE will write it much better, but a HHH/Taker career vs streak match seems likely.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-28-2011, 12:11 PM
The career thing was special for HBK because it added something to the rematch. It doesn't have any place in this match.

Ermaximus
02-28-2011, 12:14 PM
The career thing was special for HBK because it added something to the rematch. It doesn't have any place in this match.

I can see the point and also add a 2nd point to that. Why would they want to have the same match 2 years in a row? I mean the match is going to be a huge draw either way, but adding that stipulation to another Taker WM match would just seem a bit excessive at this point.

I'll put it this way, if they do it, I won't be suprised.

Haze
02-28-2011, 12:14 PM
It takes away from the whole angle if we just know Undertaker will keep his streak, though...

Yea but when the Undertaker loses, the angle is done.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-28-2011, 12:17 PM
It makes no sense for Triple H's career to be on the line. They've just spent a year saying Sheamus retired Triple H. So now Triple H is gonna unretire for 1 match only to be forced back into retirement?

Jordan
02-28-2011, 12:18 PM
I guess I just expected them to go this route to give this match more hype. Triple H has said he doesn't want to return full time ever again, so he could either just retire in glory at Wrestlemania against The Undertaker OR return after another year when nobody cares he said he'd retire like most wrestlers do.

Triple H is too young to retire and his legacy isn't complete, I feel that when his kids get older and he gets tired of them that he will come back to Raw full time, probably when Cena is injured and hog the title for a year or two. Then shoot on Cena in a match and break his leg, and take the World Heavyweight Title back to his wife and kids.

And this ladies and gentlemen is how we will end up with only one World Title in WWE.

Ermaximus
02-28-2011, 12:37 PM
I guess I just expected them to go this route to give this match more hype. Triple H has said he doesn't want to return full time ever again, so he could either just retire in glory at Wrestlemania against The Undertaker OR return after another year when nobody cares he said he'd retire like most wrestlers do.

Triple H is too young to retire and his legacy isn't complete, I feel that when his kids get older and he gets tired of them that he will come back to Raw full time, probably when Cena is injured and hog the title for a year or two. Then shoot on Cena in a match and break his leg, and take the World Heavyweight Title back to his wife and kids.

And this ladies and gentlemen is how we will end up with only one World Title in WWE.

I don't see HHH and Cena being around and wrestling when they're in their 50s and 60s respectfully. They aren't Hogan and Flair. When they both hang em up, it'll likely be for good.

Aguakate
02-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Big Fucking Deal..

"Big fucking deal...

...Wanna get laid?"

LOL

James Steele
02-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Triple H...WILL NEVER RETIRE!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0366/2972/ric-flair-never-retire-wallpape_crop_340x234.jpg

Fox
02-28-2011, 06:08 PM
It makes no sense for Triple H's career to be on the line. They've just spent a year saying Sheamus retired Triple H. So now Triple H is gonna unretire for 1 match only to be forced back into retirement?

They did pretty much the exact same thing with Mick Foley's return for WrestleMania 2000 after being "retired" a month earlier at No Way Out.

I'm just saying, it wouldn't be THAT far out of the WWE's range to do something like this.

Fox
02-28-2011, 06:10 PM

Triple H isn't old by any means, but his on-screen persona is pretty old. He's been around in the WWE for more than 15 years. He's won dozens of World Titles, been in many huge and historic matches, he's built and destroyed careers, he's headlined WrestleMania numerous times, he's faced everyone from Rock and Austin up to Orton and Cena and everyone inbetween.

What is there really left for him to do, besides going out in a blaze of glory at WrestleMania against the same man who sent his mentor/best friend/partner packing?

Lara Emily
02-28-2011, 06:59 PM
... and this is from Steele, so that should let everyone know how dumb of an idea this is long-run. Even though you truly "never know" because there is always that chance of a swerve, just because one can almost bank on Undertaker winning, it's still worth taking the ride as a fan.

I agree. Yeah, a young lion can get the rub, but at the same time, it can be one of those nigh-unreachable streaks that solidifies the Deadman as legendary like the "HONK-A-METER".

This fits the thread because he also passed the torch to 'Taker (with an emphatic Tombstone and Heenan exclaiming "Hulkamania is dead!"), and everyone is speculating an impending retirement out of Undertaker. It's like Foley being a legit fan of Terry Funk, wrestling Terry Funk, then RETIRING before Terry Funk!

The streak is about as important as those Royal Rumble statistics: not really, but still fun. Goldberg's streak would be less BS if it weren't swollen by house show wins, local enhancement talent, and repeated victores over the laundry list of WorldWide jobbers (Glacier, Smiley, DisQo, Silver King, all of nWo Black & White...)

Hey now Disco was solid lower to mid card status he definitely wasn't a WCW Worldwide jobber

Lui Kang
02-28-2011, 06:59 PM
They've just spent a year saying Sheamus retired Triple H.

Have they really? Granted - I've only watched the WWE a few times this past year but I can't seem to recall this being mentioned too much...if at all. WWE fans have a short memory. On top of that, Sheamus has been depushed for the time being.

With Triple H getting more involved in the Corporate side of things, I think a 'career vs. streak' scenario (with HHH jobbing) could be a plausible scenario.

Troelar
02-28-2011, 08:17 PM
The proper way for HHH to retire would be for this match to just come and go - and then for the feud with Sheamus to start picking up.

Eventually leading to Sheamus _actually_ retiring the fella at next years WM!

I think so far I have to matches booked for next years WM. This and Cena Vs. Rock

Man WM28 is gonna be awesome!

Tom Guycott
03-01-2011, 02:32 AM
Hey now Disco was solid lower to mid card status he definitely wasn't a WCW Worldwide jobber

That depended on what Saturday it was you were watching. Much like Glacier. Or pre-Filthy Animals Konnan. They'll get a win one week against another mid-carder, then job out to "Joe Nobody-We'll-Push". That gives the unknown guy enough clout to lose to another enhancement talent. And that guy loses to another. Etc. The only people I remember virtually unscathed were Jericho and La Parka... maybe Vampiro to an extent.