PDA

View Full Version : Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Reboot)

Jeritron
03-02-2011, 03:50 AM
Live action. This news has been around a while. I remember hearing about Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes starting development a while back.

For no real reason, I thought of it tonight and was reading up about it. There are really no new developments other than that the Iron Man screenwriters are working on a new script and it's slated for 2012.

Thoughts?

Fanboys seem fairly paranoid that he's going to direct as well and make it like Transformers.

Personally, I don't know where they should go with this, but I think it should be one of two ways:

The original first movie is great. Underrated even. If you've read the early comics, you will know that it follows the original storylines very closely, and upon reviewing at an older age, I find it holds up. It's "dark" and "gritty" (overused terms) and really works at capturing the tone of the story and New York that I love in those books.
On top of that it works in several small aesthetic elements of the cartoon, which had to be done, but work well because of how reasonably they are applied.

The sequels obviously went total cheese, but I think the first is the perfect marriage of the comic to the cartoon.
So the way I see it, is that it would be best if the reboot goes hardcore in one direction or the other.
They should either go balls out, Sin City style graphic novel movie style. (Which is highly unlikely.)
Or, they should make it very high budget movie (like Transformers) and go all out with the cartoon stuff. The Technodrome, Krang, Rocksteady and Bebop, those drill things, Dimension X, huge action sequences. Pretty much like Transformers*

I actually think the latter might happen, since the nostalgia thing clearly sells nowadays and the cartoon is something they probably want to cash in on in the style of Transformers and G.I. Joe.

Not sure how I feel, because even though I love the cartoon I grew up on, I've grown to appreciate the original comics even more as an adult.

*quality negotiable.

Kane Knight
03-02-2011, 08:22 AM
I'd like to see them go even closer to the Mirage Studios comics.

That's one of the things that made the first live action movie "darker." While it still contained a lot of conventions from the cartoon and the Archie (I think) comics, it still borrowed a fair amount of flavour from the originals.

bigdaddysuperfreak
03-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Yeah the original movie was great but I dont know. Making transformers look real is easy since they have no faces.

Jeritron
03-02-2011, 09:35 AM
I'd like to see them go even closer to the Mirage Studios comics.

That's one of the things that made the first live action movie "darker." While it still contained a lot of conventions from the cartoon and the Archie (I think) comics, it still borrowed a fair amount of flavour from the originals.

Yea def, in fact the plot is nearly 100% composed of various plot points from the first 10 or so issues of the original comic.
I just re-read them recently and compared. Pretty interesting how true it really is.

A few examples that really stuck out to me:

- Opens with their supposed first mission.
- Their entire backstory to a T, as well as Shredder and Splinter's.
- Raphael first meeting Casey Jones on his own, and having several fights with him before he met the rest of the Turtles.
- Splinter being kidnapped while they were off with April.
- Turtles turning to April for a place to crash after said kidnapping.
- Raphael arguing with Leo and leaving.
- April having a Volkswagen mini-bus and an antique shop.
- The Foot attacking them in April's antique shop and Casey Jones coming to the rescue.
- Then they escape and go hideout at a farmhouse in the boonies before making their grand return.
- Rooftop battle with The Foot and Shredder where he falls off and "dies."

Probably even more. I want to get my hands on more volumes.

The only way they could get any closer would be if they were to completely ditch the semi-comedic Turtles, and go with Frank Miller-esque ninjas, and maybe even film it in black and white. And I'd obviously like them to re-arrange or use alternate plot points from the comics rather than rehash.

I would be all for it, but I don't think the studio would. Especially since it's Nickelodeon who now owns the rights.

I think it would be a bigger hit than they probably think, given the fact that the demand for comic films is high, and the majority of childhood Turtles fan are now adults.
In a perfect world, they'd make a modestly budgeted movie like that, and their likely big budget nostalgia trip.
I think they'd certainly both find their audience

Jeritron
03-02-2011, 09:37 AM
Yeah the original movie was great but I dont know. Making transformers look real is easy since they have no faces.

I'm pretty sure they can make the Turtles look real since Jim Henson's shop already did it in 1990.
As real as a mutant turtle would actually look, I think.

They could probably go even further to make them look real. Not in a computer though. That would suck.

Ermaximus
03-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Either way, it needs more Usagi Yojimbo, and Ace Duck.

Jeritron
03-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Seriously though, a Usagi Yojimbo movie should be made based on his comics.

Dark-Slicer Diago
03-02-2011, 10:38 AM
As someone how hasn't gone to see a movie in theaters since taking my brother and his friend to see Scary Movie 4(I almost fell asleep during), I think I'll definately go see this should it be anything like the 1990 one. Matter a fact, I'll go watch it now.

Ermaximus
03-02-2011, 10:40 AM

I'd be the first mother fucker in line for that. Him and Panda Khan would wreck some shit.

Kane Knight
03-02-2011, 12:07 PM

Oh, Definitely.

mhirn3
03-04-2011, 07:15 PM
While I LOVE the series and an intruiged by a new movie, the old ones are so classic I don't know if I could get behind this. So conflicted

Jeritron
03-04-2011, 08:00 PM
The 2nd and 3rd aren't really classic. They're pretty bad. I don't want to speak too ill of the 2nd because I loved it so much as a kid. It's a fun kids movie, but nothing more.
And the 3rd is really quite abyssmal.

I do, personally, view the first as a classic, but unfortunately I think it's pretty underrated and forgotten. I don't think starting over is really blasphemous.
There are plenty of new directions to go.

I'd welcome it just as much as I did the new Batman films. I love them, as well as the Burton films. Neither really impacts my enjoyment of the other too much.

Gonzo
03-04-2011, 08:12 PM
I can't see how they don't make this geared towards kids. It would be hard for any reboot to top the original TMNT movie from the 1980s.

Raven Reaper
03-04-2011, 08:20 PM
I already thought TMNT was rebooted like this one!!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gisFzhNu63Y" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

Jeritron
03-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Technically, that's a sequel to the 3 live action movies. Either way it wasn't as successful as they wanted it to be and they're going to go back to live action.

It would lame as hell if the Turtles themselves were CGI though.

Jeritron
03-04-2011, 08:27 PM
http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/oG4cPRvBGgw/hqdefault.jpg

Nightwatcher was the best part of that movie

McLegend
03-04-2011, 08:29 PM
If Corey Feldman isn't in this new movie I riot.

Raven Reaper
03-04-2011, 10:05 PM
http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/oG4cPRvBGgw/hqdefault.jpg

Nightwatcher was the best part of that movie

Haha, It's aka Raphael.. Yeah it felt like he invented his own alter ego superhero flick despite he wanted to go solo without Leo and company. :p

Kane Knight
03-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Technically, that's a sequel to the 3 live action movies. Either way it wasn't as successful as they wanted it to be and they're going to go back to live action.

It would lame as hell if the Turtles themselves were CGI though.

It's not really a sequel to the movies.

It relies more heavily on the newer cartoon, though it does include elements from the movies. I'm not sure if the intent was to "bridge the gap" or not, but it's not really a sequel to the movies.

I liked the new movie, though I understand a lot of people didn't. Loved the "Sibling rivalry" between Raphel and Leonardo, which evidently comes from the fact that in the new cartoon, Raphael was supposed to be the leader (but for his temper). Though it amused me that the big bad in this movie was played by picard, when the movie so heavily paralled Gargoyles (Where the big bad was the second in command from Star Trek, and there were like 50 other Trek members in the cast).

Could have done without Leo going on Walkabout, or Raph's alter ego, but they did a lot right. And I like it when Casey Jones gets a strong role.

Jeritron
03-06-2011, 12:11 PM
It's in continuity with the live action movies. They didn't make that as clear as they could, and it's clearly cartoonized, but it's supposed to be a 4th installment to that series.

Savio
03-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Michael Bay? Great mediocre writing and explosions.

Jeritron
03-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Or at least that's what it said on the special features and some stuf I read online. They obviously present it in a way that it stands on it's own as a "reboot" at the same time, too. So I can see how people wouldn't notice. I didn't until I heard about it this week during my recent Turtles kick.

Then there's also the whole thing where they show the trophy case at the end that includes the movie versions of Shredder's helmet, the ooze canister, and that time travel lantern thing from the 3rd movie.

Hanso Amore
03-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Anyone seen that Cartoon movie where the original Cartoon TMNTs get transported into the New Cartoon, and eventually the Comic book universe?

It was actually pretty good, though it kind of shit on the OG for being too goofy and the new shit was all SERIOUS

Kane Knight
03-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Haha, It's aka Raphael.. Yeah it felt like he invented his own alter ego superhero flick despite he wanted to go solo without Leo and company. :p

Really, he just wanted to do shit even though they weren't supposed to.

Kane Knight
03-06-2011, 12:34 PM
It's in continuity with the live action movies. They didn't make that as clear as they could, and it's clearly cartoonized, but it's supposed to be a 4th installment to that series.

Then they did a shitty job.

The story, personalities, and interplay fall in line with the cartoon, not the movies.

There are elements that reference the movies, yes, but they're kind of drowned out by the other 95% of the movie.

It's the fourth turtle movie...If you ignore 2.5 of them. I mean, it's cool they said it, I guess, but seriously.

Also, thought the elements from the shrine were a nice touch, but at the point you can only really finger a connection with minutia that might as well be an Easter Egg....

Yeah.

Fignuts
03-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Anyone seen that Cartoon movie where the original Cartoon TMNTs get transported into the New Cartoon, and eventually the Comic book universe?

It was actually pretty good, though it kind of shit on the OG for being too goofy and the new shit was all SERIOUS

That is because TMNT was created to be serious.

Jeritron
03-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Then they did a shitty job.

The story, personalities, and interplay fall in line with the cartoon, not the movies.

There are elements that reference the movies, yes, but they're kind of drowned out by the other 95% of the movie.

It's the fourth turtle movie...If you ignore 2.5 of them. I mean, it's cool they said it, I guess, but seriously.

Also, thought the elements from the shrine were a nice touch, but at the point you can only really finger a connection with minutia that might as well be an Easter Egg....

Yeah.

I agree. I was just throwing the info out there. It's technically supposed to take place some years after and be the same characters, even though they don't act it.
Also, by then wouldn't they no longer be teenage? It should just be MNT, right?

Jeritron
03-06-2011, 01:53 PM

It's interesting to see how different the first 5 or 6 episodes of the original cartoon are compared to the rest of the series.
That's because they were the "pilot miniseries" to get it picked up, and it wasn't fully controlled by Playmates Toys yet.
I'm pretty sure they eventually started writing the show to advertise new toys.
I mean, it's still goofy, but it's not nearly the same. They actually portray Shredder and Krang as competent.

I've never seen any of the new cartoon aside from that movie special. I hear it's more serious.

JimmyMess
03-06-2011, 02:04 PM
do kids even know who the turtles are anymore?

Jeritron
03-06-2011, 02:16 PM
I would say, for the most part, not really. And I'm pretty sure that's what Michael Bay and Nickelodeon/Viacom are trying to change, because it = $$$

bigdaddysuperfreak
03-06-2011, 02:32 PM
do kids even know who the turtles are anymore?
Yeah my boys know the turtles without me even mentioning them.

Swiss Ultimate
03-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Couldn't be worse than Daredevil.

Fignuts
03-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Daredevil wasn't that bad.

Sheesh.

Dark-Slicer Diago
03-07-2011, 03:03 PM
I didn't mind Daredevil, it wasn't as good as I though it would be but not terrible.

Jeritron
03-08-2011, 09:41 PM
It's certainly middle of the pack for comic movies. There are so many that are far worse than it.

If you are familiar with, and love the Frank Miller era Daredevil books, it is certainly dissapointing, as the nature and tone of Daredevil is something that could work on the level of Batman Begins. I fully support a reboot of much higher quality.

But at the same time, it's a competent and passable movie. It's not a favorite, or something I love watching, but I don't hate it.
I can enjoy it if I'm in the right mood when I come across it.

Fignuts
03-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Honestly, my only problem was Jennifer Garner as Elektra. She just didn't have the look or presence to play the character.

Jeritron
03-08-2011, 11:51 PM
I definitely had other problems. Basically the overall approach and presentation. But I certainlty don't blame it on Affleck like everyone seems to.
Jennifer Garner is definitely not Elektra though. I don't know who is.

I never saw the Elektra spinoff.

Emperor Smeat
06-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Reboot got shut down by Paramount with some places saying its just a year delay and others saying its been canned entirely. Official reason given was "script issues" for the potential film.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/ninja-turtles-reboot-put-hold

DLVH84
06-15-2012, 09:34 PM
Reboot got shut down by Paramount with some places saying its just a year delay and others saying its been canned entirely. Official reason given was "script issues" for the potential film.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/ninja-turtles-reboot-put-hold

I hope Michael Bay gets the boot, before they consider resurrecting the reboot idea.

Kalyx triaD
06-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Go with Bay whose movies printed money or online people who just don't like him? Hmmmmm...

Seriously he wasn't going to direct. And one of the original comic writers were in on the production.

I do think it's interesting that the TMNT that most people cherish was in itself a bastardized version of the original. So aside from the original movie (peep the late great Jeritron's analysis above), the original fans were pissed on for decades.

That's why I'm 'whatever' about whatever version is getting cooked up.

El Fangel
06-15-2012, 09:44 PM
heart skipped a beat seeing this thread :(

McLegend
06-15-2012, 10:32 PM
Turtles 1 & 2 have been on Hdnets movies all month.

Casey Jones is maybe the coolest character of any movie or life ever. Love that guy.

McLegend
06-15-2012, 10:38 PM
The April O'Neil from the first movie Judith Hoag isn't what you would say classically hot, but I dig her.

DLVH84
06-15-2012, 11:22 PM
The April O'Neil from the first movie Judith Hoag isn't what you would say classically hot, but I dig her.

I liked Judith's portrayal more, because her characteristics are more in tune with the comics, and I love that. She was a major babe.

SlickyTrickyDamon
06-17-2012, 02:56 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wg9nPUc-4IE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Emperor Smeat
08-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Someone managed to find Bay's script that was scrapped by the studio and basically would have been a huge mess which is why it got scrapped to begin with.

The alien origins was meant to occur near the end of the film as the big surprise of the film instead of near the beginning to establish the reboot. The Turtles wouldn't have been the main characters while Shredder and the Foot Clan are just regular Black Op type soldiers with the twist of Shredder reveals later he is actually an alien.

Also the Turtles are basically like Superman and never are meant to be as a group.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/scrapped-tmnt-reboot-script-leaked-true-and-script-horrible

Kalyx triaD
08-27-2012, 08:19 PM
With all the shit people gave this project from the beginning, I have doubts about how legit this is.

mitchables
05-10-2013, 04:21 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/7e0d454bff1e17d1786f386749efccb5/tumblr_mmkm68OVLD1qc8xtpo1_500.jpg

the turtle actors in their motion-capture suits and the foot clan on-set. (http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/5/9/first-look-at-ninja-turtles-and-foot-clan-on-the-set-of-tmnt.html)

http://geektyrant.com/storage/0998-post-images/meganfoxtmntsmall.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1368047106952

megan fox and will arnett as april o'neil and vernon fenwick (http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/5/8/first-look-at-megan-fox-as-april-oneil-in-ninja-turtles.html)

the "teenage mutant" is back in the title:

http://images2.cosmicbooknews.com/phpThumb/phpThumb.php?src=/dec12/tmnt-2014/images/image0015.jpg&w=600

and the statements about them being aliens have been retracted (http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Michael-Bay-Insists-His-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Come-From-Ooze-37244.html)... other than megan fox, this isn't shaping up as awfully as it could have even a few months ago.

Frank Drebin
05-10-2013, 04:34 AM
Now I see what it takes to get Mitch to post nowadays.

Kalyx triaD
05-10-2013, 04:41 AM
Deer lord make this passable. Not great, just passable. Megan Fox is terrible casting even if she's playing herself. Points for the yellow jacket, I guess. Seeing the turtles after effects should be interesting.

Kane Knight
05-10-2013, 08:59 AM
Screw the turtles, make a movie about those mocap suits!

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Can't be that bad if Will Arnett is in it.

Savio
05-10-2013, 09:10 AM
I miss live action turtles, glad their mutant again.

Kane Knight
05-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Can't help but notice only three of the mo-cap suits are in that picture, with the actors shackled.

Asmo
05-13-2013, 06:21 AM
Yeah. Raphael is missing from that one. The colour bands just above the right elbow give it away.

I reckon the shackling is to make them walk in a way that would be more suited to a turtle, somehow.

Kalyx triaD
05-13-2013, 02:08 PM
Seems silly, considering they would have to do martial arts at some point.

More likely three were caught by the Foot in that scene.

...Spoiler.

Kane Knight
05-13-2013, 09:34 PM
Yeah, no way are those restricting their motion to be more like the CG characters.

Kalyx triaD
05-13-2013, 10:41 PM
Other photos showed the Foot holding them captive like animals so.... yeah. End of this, fella.

Kane Knight
05-14-2013, 05:26 PM
Well they are turtles.

Kalyx triaD
05-14-2013, 05:54 PM
Why have they never made a Ninja Sea Turtle?

slik
01-29-2014, 12:24 PM
New pics:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_original/19e1ngzzvq7h2jpg.jpg

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_original/19e1ngzzvx27ljpg.jpg

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_ku-xlarge/19e1p2xjhqk4jjpg.jpg

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_original/19e1ow6ut2g6zjpg.jpg

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_original/19e1ow6ut90d2jpg.jpg

alvarado52
01-29-2014, 12:45 PM
Not sure how I feel about the costume direction. It does give them a more grittier realism, but I mean, it's a movie about mutant Turtles.

alvarado52
01-29-2014, 12:46 PM
As for the Turtles themselves, they're too bulky. We're talking Gears of War bulky.

Kalyx triaD
01-29-2014, 12:57 PM
I like it. All of it.

Rammsteinmad
01-29-2014, 01:05 PM
Looks badass.

Swiss Ultimate
01-29-2014, 01:46 PM
Not sure how I feel about the costume direction. It does give them a more grittier realism, but I mean, it's a movie about mutant Turtles.

Samurai turtles. I like it.

Kalyx triaD
01-29-2014, 01:50 PM
Maybe it's because I played a ton of Japanese games that had ninjas wearing those armor effects, but I do not see how they resemble samurai. I get that that the armor pieces look like what you saw with samurai, but they weren't exclusive to them.

Kalyx triaD
01-29-2014, 01:51 PM
Ironically, Shredder's consistent design is explicitly samurai, but people regard him as ninja.

alvarado52
01-29-2014, 02:51 PM
It is something to note though that all the Turtles seem to have their own theme applied to their costumes, so it makes sense to give Leo a more samurai look.

Asmo
01-29-2014, 10:14 PM
Shredder's armour is sick! Though the mask reminds me of Shao Kahn & Kilokahn. Yes.

Damian Rey
01-29-2014, 10:27 PM
Wish I got a close up of Mikey, my favorite, but yeah, lots of bad assery above.

Swiss Ultimate
02-03-2014, 02:38 AM
Maybe it's because I played a ton of Japanese games that had ninjas wearing those armor effects, but I do not see how they resemble samurai. I get that that the armor pieces look like what you saw with samurai, but they weren't exclusive to them.

That's probably it. I'm going by the Ninjas from the original movies being in pajamas and probably some other pop culture moments where samurai had those sorts of costumes.

Razzamajazz
02-07-2014, 04:49 PM
is splinter in this? curious to see how they made him look.

Kalyx triaD
02-08-2014, 01:33 AM
He looks like a big rat with a long stache.

Mercenary
02-08-2014, 10:20 PM
Taking my nephew to this.

Razzamajazz
02-09-2014, 12:21 PM
He looks like a big rat with a long stache.

ah, I was hoping he'd be a gerbil instead.

Rammsteinmad
03-27-2014, 12:18 PM
Looks incredible! The Turtles are pretty terrifying as well, which I guess they would be in real life.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nCjsWpM9zFU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

parkmania
03-27-2014, 12:31 PM
At least they're not aliens...

El Vaquero de Infierno
03-27-2014, 01:14 PM
why oh why oh why...

dronepool
03-27-2014, 01:19 PM
Love it.

alvarado52
03-27-2014, 02:08 PM
Love the costume design, but they looks pretty hyper-realistic. No way around that though, seeing as how theyre big ass Turtles.

Good or bad, lets be honest, we'll all see it.

Bobholly138
03-27-2014, 02:14 PM
It looks like generic action film #4 but with the Turtles thrown in. I get a feeling I will be dragged to see this.

Mercenary
03-27-2014, 02:15 PM
Love the costume design, but they looks pretty hyper-realistic. No way around that though, seeing as how theyre big ass Turtles.

Good or bad, lets be honest, we'll all see it.

Well yeah it's the fucking Ninja Turtles!

Bobholly138
03-27-2014, 02:39 PM
Thanks to my girl I am sure I will end up seeing it. She is a huge original Cartoon TMNT fan. But she was also fairly young when that show started airing. I discovered the Turtles about a year before the cartoon started. And prefer the b/w comic book version. Though the Fox Kids show was good.

Kalyx triaD
03-27-2014, 04:11 PM
YES I dig it.

Not sure about Foot Clan 'terrorists' but Shredder's mask look badass. Fox looks... okay in this. And the turtles rock.

Cool King
03-27-2014, 04:25 PM
Urgh, it just looks like your average Michael Bay tripe. I know it'll do well at the box office though as it's the type of thing most people like these days.

Cool King
03-27-2014, 04:25 PM
Also, is it just me or does Michelangelo remind anyone else of Rey Mysterio, at the end of the trailer?

Kalyx triaD
03-27-2014, 04:58 PM
No, it's you.

And I don't see anything that screams Bay. Not a single explosion.

Cool King
03-27-2014, 06:17 PM
I'm glad that you decided to speak on behalf of everyone on the forum to tell me that it's just me. Also, I don't know what trailer you watched as there's an explosion about ten seconds into it.

The trailer has it's usual Bay traits. Explosions, guns, lens flares aplenty, that low bass "bwowwww" noise, mass destruction of tall structures, slow motion impact that's sometimes accompanied with the low bass noise, and I wasn't surprised to see Megan Fox being the lead female.

slik
03-27-2014, 06:23 PM
It will be terrible and I will pay money to see it

#Raphael

#Michaelangelo

#Pizza

Kris P Lettus
03-27-2014, 06:33 PM
I like how Donetello and Michaelangelo look different in the face.

Emperor Smeat
03-27-2014, 06:35 PM
Michangello's face looked really bad but the trailer seemed a bit decent and still have low expectations for it.

Kris P Lettus
03-27-2014, 06:35 PM
Watched it again, might just be Donetellos expression. It would be cool though

Kris P Lettus
03-27-2014, 06:37 PM
Michangello's face looked really bad but the trailer seemed a bit decent and still have low expectations for it.

I meant it looked like they had different characteristics than each other.

Looks pretty cheesy but I will smoke one and watch it

Kalyx triaD
03-27-2014, 06:37 PM
I'm glad that you decided to speak on behalf of everyone on the forum to tell me that it's just me. Also, I don't know what trailer you watched as there's an explosion about ten seconds into it.

The trailer has it's usual Bay traits. Explosions, guns, lens flares aplenty, that low bass "bwowwww" noise, mass destruction of tall structures, slow motion impact that's sometimes accompanied with the low bass noise, and I wasn't surprised to see Megan Fox being the lead female.

Sounds and looks like every trailer ever these days.

Also like how you say I don't speak for everyone while proclaiming things as if you're speaking for everyone.

Cool King
03-27-2014, 06:50 PM
All my posts are my opinions, just like most people here. I've not implied that I am speaking for everyone.

To me, all I see when it comes to big budget Bay films is what's contained within that trailer, hence why I said "average Michael Bay tripe" and so on and so forth, whereas you implied that it was just me that thought the Mysterio thing (which by the way, I was messing around) with your answer of "No, just you".

That would have been acceptable if everyone told you that they didn't think that, then you posted your reply. For all you know, someone could watch it, get what I was saying and maybe even see it too.

You could have easily have said something along the lines of "Nah, I don't see it, myself".

Cool King
03-27-2014, 06:50 PM
But anyway, all that doesn't matter, so I'll just get the point again and say that I think the film looks a bit shit, though I'm sure other people will enjoy it.

Kalyx triaD
03-27-2014, 06:51 PM
Okay.

Raven Reaper
03-27-2014, 08:10 PM
No, it's you.

And I don't see anything that screams Bay. Not a single explosion.

Yeah well, he hires Megan Fox since he has a thing for hot babes in action movies. :P

Good thing, Michael stuck to the Green Ooze origin story instead of the outer space visitation plotline..

Raven Reaper
03-27-2014, 08:17 PM
Shredder's armour is sick! Though the mask reminds me of Shao Kahn & Kilokahn. Yes.

And it's almost similar to the one Kevin Nash was wearing in TMNT 2: Secret of the Ooze.

Kalyx triaD
03-27-2014, 08:36 PM
Megan Fox is not as hot as people say. Surely not a 'hot babe'.

Blonde Moment
03-27-2014, 08:46 PM
It has Micheal Bay written all over it but I will watch it anyways, just like I watched Daredevil and Fantastic Four bombs, because I am a fan of the genre.

Take a look at Sparks

alvarado52
03-27-2014, 10:48 PM
Just noticed this is a Jeritron thread :(

alvarado52
03-27-2014, 10:49 PM
Watched it again, might just be Donetellos expression. It would be cool though

Where exactly did you get a clear look at Doni? The only ones that got any decent screen time is Leo and Mikey.

Disturbed316
03-27-2014, 11:36 PM
Could be interesting, not 100% sold on it though.

Hanso Amore
03-28-2014, 12:57 AM

You are absurd

Kalyx triaD
03-28-2014, 01:25 AM
I'm from Miami. She barely scores above chicks doing laundry in their pajamas here.

Fignuts
03-28-2014, 02:42 AM
People have different tastes in women.

Shocking and new topic worth debating.

Also, I can kinda see the Mikey/Mysterio thing. It's the eyes mainly. Not a drastic similarity, but I see it.

Swiss Ultimate
03-28-2014, 04:47 AM
Urgh, it just looks like your average Michael Bay tripe. I know it'll do well at the box office though as it's the type of thing most people like these days.

I'm feeling you. I'm a bit underwhelmed by this trailer, personally for the same reasons as you.

Feels like another giant Bay set-piece and I want it to be a film about ninjas brawling with teenage mutant turtles in the underworld. I want to watch them wage war in the dark while the rest of the world goes by completely unaware.

Damian Rey
03-28-2014, 12:26 PM
The Bay all over the place references are justified. This looks like Transformers with turtles. I don't care for a large scope of a movie. Felt like the first one got it right. This is probably going to be a mess. Hope I'm wrong, though.

Also, I still cannot fathom why Megan Fox was cast, and why Shredder is a white man. Baffling.

weather vane
03-28-2014, 12:37 PM
I'm from Miami. She barely scores above chicks doing laundry in their pajamas here.

You're an idiot.

Heyman
03-28-2014, 01:21 PM

Only a gay nigger like yourself would feel this way.

Damian Rey
03-28-2014, 01:51 PM
Yeah, even though I don't like her casting...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpuOATJg-W6pQfMsSG1AWzr2sMAzs81YZ3JqbvRBV5MV2lYa3NXg

I mean...come one Kalyx.

Swiss Ultimate
03-28-2014, 02:09 PM
The Bay all over the place references are justified. This looks like Transformers with turtles. I don't care for a large scope of a movie. Felt like the first one got it right. This is probably going to be a mess. Hope I'm wrong, though.

Also, I still cannot fathom why Megan Fox was cast, and why Shredder is a white man. Baffling.

This film can be redeemed with about 25 minutes of sewer battle(s) and 10 minutes of night-time ninja fighting. I wouldn't care if the rest was in daylight in the middle of a crowded intersection.

I'll probably still watch it, but unless it piques my Ninja Turtle interest I'll wait for Netflix or On Demand.

Will quibble with Shredder choice, that dude is latino and can potentially pull off being half Japanese and hiding his secret ancestry.

And if Kalyx doesn't want to bang Megan Fox that's his call, guys. We don't choose who we are attracted to. That's one of the reasons I support marriage equality and have been endorsed by GOProud.

RP
03-28-2014, 02:29 PM
Looks good

Kris P Lettus
03-28-2014, 02:35 PM
Where exactly did you get a clear look at Doni? The only ones that got any decent screen time is Leo and Mikey.

Leo's mask looked purple on my tablet

alvarado52
03-28-2014, 04:51 PM
While I recognize Megan Fox as an attractive lady, Im with Kalyx to a degree. She simply doesnt strike me the way a Yvonne Strahovski, Jillian Murray, or Jaimie Alexander does. Doesnt mean I wouldnt bone her...just means, if I had a chance to bone any of the previous mentioned, she would come in last.

Swiss Ultimate
03-28-2014, 05:46 PM
Looks incredible! The Turtles are pretty terrifying as well, which I guess they would be in real life.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nCjsWpM9zFU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This isn't a complaint, just a bit of arm-chair stuff.

I would have had Splinter doing the voice-over narration for the trailer even if I left him out. Would have played it very dark, the darkest scenes in the movie, almost overly serious and then at the end have Splinter say something like,

"In time they will be forced to take the role they were born to take...until then...COWABUNGA!"

And put a scene with Mikey taking a selfie and eating a pizza with sound of all the guys partying in the background followed by 6 second montage of skateboard in the sewer, a Foot being slammed between two shells and a final shot of Shredder's silhouette.

BAM and even would have kept this music:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iyZcylgmDQ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Coming to a theater near you...NEVER.

The Rogerer
03-28-2014, 06:11 PM
If you're an actual straight man, then hotness is as much about charisma as it is looks. If you're a sweaty emotionally stunted nerd or a closeted homosexual, then you can't detect that part and just go for flawless mannequins like Megan Fox or Maryse

The Mask
03-28-2014, 06:30 PM
Looks shite. Over dark, over complicated looking characters and over all over the place action cam like a lot of other crap.

Swiss Ultimate
03-28-2014, 06:34 PM
If you're an actual straight man, then hotness is as much about charisma as it is looks. If you're a sweaty emotionally stunted nerd or a closeted homosexual, then you can't detect that part and just go for flawless mannequins like Megan Fox or Maryse

A hole is a hole is a hole.

Kris P Lettus
03-28-2014, 07:09 PM
I would let Megan Fox milk my prostate with her sashquach thumb.

Swiss Ultimate
03-28-2014, 07:47 PM
Oh right, she's deformed.

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/296803/slide_296803_2435135_free.jpg?1368212971730

Vastardikai
03-28-2014, 09:52 PM
I'm surprised they haven't done a movie with Megan Fox and Channing Tatum:

1 Man,
1 Woman,
1 Facial Expression between them.

Also, did people these days learn to film Action Scenes from watching Gonzo Porn?

alvarado52
03-29-2014, 04:57 AM
Leo's mask looked purple on my tablet

Bro...Donnie uses a staff, not katanas...

Kalyx triaD
03-29-2014, 05:48 AM
Micheal Bay's taste in women is shit. He managed to make Tea Leoni not attractive. And check out Bad Boys some time, young Tea Leoni looked just like Megan Fox.

Lock Jaw
03-29-2014, 04:10 PM
Dunno... Turtles looked better in the original film. Seemed more realistic and believable than these ones.

Kalyx triaD
03-29-2014, 05:11 PM
Because they were practical.

KIRA
03-30-2014, 11:32 PM
I saw the trailer and I know he's only producing but I really don't Micheal Bay anywhere near my childhood.

Kalyx triaD
03-31-2014, 12:42 AM
Good thing he doesn't time travel.

KIRA
03-31-2014, 01:20 AM
Its coming

Kalyx triaD
03-31-2014, 01:52 AM
Good, I think he could has out a cool version of M.A.S.K.

KIRA
03-31-2014, 03:49 AM
I never saw that show somehow...

Kalyx triaD
03-31-2014, 04:01 AM
Wasn't that great, but the premise is right up Bay's alley.

Swiss Ultimate
04-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Kal brought up an amazing point. Even if we hate this, it doesn't ruin anything else. This is a reboot, after all, not a prequel telling us we were enjoying Star Wars wrong.

Kalyx triaD
04-01-2014, 09:22 PM
Mitachlorians.

Volchok
04-03-2014, 06:51 PM
So Johnny Knoxville will be voicing Leonardo. I feel he would make a better Mikey.

parkmania
04-03-2014, 09:02 PM
And Splinter will be voiced by Tony Shaloub.

Kalyx triaD
04-04-2014, 02:17 AM
lol What? That wasn't Johnny on set in the mocap suit. Is this for serious?

Volchok
04-04-2014, 03:21 AM
He's just providing the voice.

Kalyx triaD
04-04-2014, 03:42 AM
I was confused because one of the actors is doing the physical mocap and voice work.

Very strange casting to me.

Swiss Ultimate
04-04-2014, 10:17 PM
How does Johnny Knoxville still get work?

Mercenary
04-04-2014, 10:36 PM
How does Johnny Knoxville still get work?

Bad Grampa was awesome!

Kalyx triaD
04-05-2014, 01:45 AM
True, but still.

Fignuts
04-05-2014, 02:05 AM
Honestly kind of enjoy Johnny Knoxville.

alvarado52
04-05-2014, 08:39 PM
https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/1468754_683032708427639_2048488808_n.jpg

Swiss Ultimate
04-05-2014, 10:42 PM
Bad Grampa was awesome!

True, but still.

I didn't see it, but I will backtrack a bit and say I meant "outside the Jackass family".

He's fine with that stuff.

Volchok
04-06-2014, 12:57 AM
After watching The Last Stand on netflix, I really think Knoxville should have voiced Mikey.

Damian Rey
04-06-2014, 02:12 AM
Seems every time they release something new about the movie it just gets worse. Knoxville is an absolutely horse shit choice. Why? And the photoshop version of mikey looks great.

Savio
04-30-2014, 04:43 PM
Shouldn't the turtles look more...... child friendly?

Kalyx triaD
04-30-2014, 05:37 PM
Don't see how they aren't. They're green turtles with bright colored masks covered in trinkets. Some kids are basically that anyway.

JimmyMess
04-30-2014, 05:58 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CMNry4PE93Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kalyx triaD
06-18-2014, 02:55 PM
http://www.flickeringmyth.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/The-Shredder-600x249.png

Holy hell.

Kalyx triaD
06-18-2014, 02:57 PM
And what the fuck is Splinter supposed to do against that... walking... shredder!?

DaveBrawl
06-18-2014, 03:20 PM
Die

JimmyMess
06-18-2014, 03:20 PM
lure him out to the wooden pier, obvs.

Damian Rey
06-18-2014, 03:47 PM
Shredder-tron.

Kalyx triaD
06-18-2014, 03:47 PM
He certainly looks scary as shit but it's gonna take some adjustment to the destroyer of worlds thing. I'm a ninja guy m'self.

slik
06-18-2014, 04:14 PM
very bay-roid version of the shredder

not a complaint, just an observation

Rammsteinmad
06-18-2014, 04:41 PM
Holy fuck! This film is gonna rule!

Lock Jaw
06-18-2014, 07:48 PM
I didn't know that Shredward Scissorhands was in this movie.

KIRA
06-18-2014, 11:33 PM
very bay-roid version of the shredder

not a complaint, just an observation

I'm not sure what to think

Damian Rey
06-19-2014, 03:57 AM
It looks ridiculous and way over the top, surprise surprise. Shredder's supposed to be a deadly ninja, not a short white guy with a literal shredder suit. Like I said before, every time something new is released, things seem to get worse.

Emperor Smeat
06-19-2014, 05:15 PM
Shredder's design looks ok. Probably would do without the claws part.

At least for me, it sort of looks like what would happen if you mixed Lord Zedd of the Power Rangers and Bay's Transformers designs together.

Kalyx triaD
06-19-2014, 05:18 PM
I seriously don't see where this Transformer thing is coming from, and conclude people are only saying that because Bay.

Sixx
06-19-2014, 05:31 PM
Looks like a Transformer!

alvarado52
06-24-2014, 01:59 PM
Second trailer is definitely Turtle focused. Isn't looking too bad.

<iframe width="630" height="354" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dwXFsrp6WBs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kalyx triaD
06-24-2014, 02:39 PM
Oh I dig it.

And ah fuck Shredder is a robot. Here comes even more Bay-liners.

road doggy dogg
06-24-2014, 02:41 PM
I dig how Donatello shows off his nerdy techy side and all... still very apprehensive about this movie in general though

Kalyx triaD
06-24-2014, 03:40 PM
Seems like the trailer shows the turtles personalities and banter in tact, which is all people can ask for really.

Megan Fox even looks like she's acting.

Fignuts
06-24-2014, 04:14 PM
Oh I dig it.

I honestly don't understand how you don't see the comparison. He looks like a samurai transformer.

Kalyx triaD
06-24-2014, 04:37 PM
There is exactly that in the new TF movie and he doesn't look like Shredder.

KIRA
06-25-2014, 12:47 AM
Oh I dig it.

...He was a robot in the 2003 TMNT maybe it wont be too baaawhat am I saying Bay is attached to this thing!

I know it the thing to decry a Bay movie before you even see it but the guy actually directing this doesn't have the strongest track record either.

Kalyx triaD
06-25-2014, 12:50 AM
Actually everybody involved has done shitty things.

KIRA
06-25-2014, 12:52 AM
Actually everybody involved has done shitty things.

I know I just looked at their credits...Jesus:nono:

Damian Rey
06-25-2014, 02:14 AM
Meh. Looks better than the first trailer, but I still am not sure this isn't going to be awful, considering the team behind it. Also, really not feeling mecha Shredder. And Kalyx, I think you're one of the very few who doesn't see the extreme similarities in style between the new Shredder look, and what we have seen in his Transformers movies.

Kalyx triaD
06-25-2014, 03:22 AM
I guess.

Rammsteinmad
06-25-2014, 04:04 AM
Looks awesome!

I don't mind the Shredder look. We already have enough movies/material with Samurai Shredder and demon(?) Shredder and all sorts... let's try Transformers Shredder. :yes:

dronepool
06-25-2014, 04:35 AM
Can not wait.

Sepholio
06-25-2014, 08:22 AM
So I'm curious. Is Shredder a straight up decepticon or is he a rogue autobot?

Actually I'm going with the original Shredder having a genetic love child with Krang.

Damian Rey
06-25-2014, 01:58 PM
Well, upon second viewing, I see Oraku Saki is indeed, seemingly, in the film. Still don't like the ridiculous upgrade to his outfit, but whatever. Voices seem to be spot on.

KIRA
06-26-2014, 12:11 AM
"Oh look he's doing his Batman voice"
Rule of film is you DO NOT mention better films in your shitty film because it reminds people of what they could be watching instead.

Kalyx triaD
06-26-2014, 12:38 AM
I believe the rule is never to parody or riff a better property, as MADtv learned in their struggling latter seasons.

Jura
06-26-2014, 01:08 AM
Why is Ralph jacked?

Jura
06-26-2014, 01:15 AM
From the trailer I surmise that April discovers the turtles and eventually become their friend, somehow Shredder enters the mix and fucks up Master Splinter then Donatello, Michelangelo and Leo try to fight him off but get captured and I guess Ralphael threw a temper tantrum prior to this and wasn't there and now has to rescue the other three with help of April. Then finally the four of them take on Shredder.

Asmo
06-26-2014, 01:37 AM
Is Casey Jones in the movie?

Kalyx triaD
06-26-2014, 03:46 AM
No.

XL
06-26-2014, 05:14 PM
Krang or nothing.

KIRA
06-26-2014, 05:30 PM
No.

Well then fuck this movie no Casey no sell.NEXT!

Fignuts
06-26-2014, 06:28 PM
Usagi Yojimbo ftw

Kalyx triaD
06-26-2014, 06:44 PM
What ever happened to that wabit.

Jura
07-23-2014, 12:30 PM
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/322/9/3/lbcc___ninja_turtles_van_by_brianfloresphoto-d5lf52u.jpg

drave
07-23-2014, 12:32 PM
Jura....

Jura becoming one of my favorite posters.

Rammsteinmad
07-23-2014, 02:18 PM
Generic hot girl on the internet posing with a pop-culture reference from the past image.

I wouldn't say no.

But I'm not impressed. :fu:

Kalyx triaD
07-23-2014, 02:20 PM
She should leave the frame, that Turtle Van is boss.

drave
07-23-2014, 05:24 PM
Generic hot girl on the internet posing with a pop-culture reference from the past image.

I wouldn't say no.

But I'm not impressed. :fu:

Naturally, with anything LIVING IN THE PAST!!!! you don't appreciate it

Miotch
08-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Saw this last night.

3/10

dronepool
08-08-2014, 08:56 PM
The movie was pretty good. It was a fun, simple movie with a simple plot. The whole modern genetic modification type origin was fine and the Turtles had great personalities. It was cool seeing the original back in theaters and this as well. 7/10

KIRA
08-09-2014, 12:09 PM
Can't say I really enjoyed this I wanted to but I dunno just wasn't good 2/10

Vastardikai
08-09-2014, 11:05 PM
I loved it. It was incredile. 9.95/10

We are talking about the one from 1990, right?

KIRA
08-10-2014, 02:53 AM

If only

Sixx
08-10-2014, 06:58 AM

That movie made me fall in love with Domino's.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/12328/TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles_1990.jpg

Destor
08-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Terrible plot, worse execution. Most of all it forgot to be fun.

VSG
08-10-2014, 12:10 PM
Lol this was pretty terrible. The turtles looked too real for my taste but I knew that going in. The plot and acting was over the top and handled badly.

Vastardikai
08-10-2014, 12:39 PM
That movie made me fall in love with Domino's.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/12328/TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles_1990.jpg

Question: Do you like Penicillin on your pizza?

Jura
08-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Teenaje Mountain Nanja Tuttles

Sixx
08-11-2014, 03:49 AM
Question: Do you like Penicillin on your pizza?

I dunno, do I?

This is some kinda terrible joke how Domino's tastes like meds, right?

KIRA
08-11-2014, 04:15 AM
Not only that but I have real issues with the turtles being about 6ft fucking 4

and having faces that are deeper in the uncanny valley than most creepy pasta creatures.

Destor
08-11-2014, 05:06 AM
I dunno, do I?

This is some kinda terrible joke how Domino's tastes like meds, right?
no its the dialogue from the exact moment in that image you posted

Damian Rey
08-11-2014, 10:35 PM
I will be "treated" to see it tomorrow. Not the first time I have heard/read a complaint about the turtles being too big. I also have read they're very heavy handed in dealing out blows. I am sure it will be terrible, which means I will just come home and watch the original in beautiful high definition.

mhirn3
08-11-2014, 10:43 PM
Went and saw it on thursday night, was shocked theres not as many BAYSPLOSIONS as i thought there would be.

Rammsteinmad
08-11-2014, 11:09 PM
Despite all the negative reviews, I'm still excited to go and see this. I'm very easily entertained when it comes to movies, and it's gonna take more than "the Turtles are too tall" to ruin a film for me.

Damian Rey
08-11-2014, 11:52 PM
It's gonna be terrible. I know that going in and this is probably the worst movie I will ever willingly walk in to. With that said, even nearing age 30 I cannot help but let my childhood influence the decision. I am sure it will be awful, but I have read that, banter wise, the turtles themselves are done well. So hopefully that is what I will get to take away.

VSG
08-12-2014, 01:38 PM
It's more hilariously bad than Green Lantern bad- more of a lazy Sunday afternoon stream movie.

Raven Reaper
08-13-2014, 07:51 PM
I don't care what anyone says but hearing Raphael stealing Mikey's Cowabunga! one liner just made my nerdgasm explode in joy!

I just love how Shredder's face isn't completely revealed.. Other than a shadowy Japanese bald dude with a Shao Khan/Shang Tsung Mortal Kombat vibe to his tone. He's like a demon in the background.

And since when did Splinter looked like a b-movie Kung Fu final boss master in some old kung fu movies where they face off with a white haired long stached old sensei? I like the new look. He looks like a ratty Heihachi Mishima. lol.

Damian Rey
08-14-2014, 10:18 PM
Well, I saw it, and honestly, it was pretty fucking awful. I cannot say that the people behind this movie got anything right.

I almost don't where to start. Guess it'll be the story itself, which was barely there. Literally, the plot was was near non existence. I do not know exactly what this movie was about. I do know the white man wanted to be rich (more rich?), and the Japanese guy wanted.....I don't recall exactly what he wanted.

Speaking of him, Shredder was completely useless in this movie. He doesn't say or do much of anything. He has zero presence, zero panache. The original did such a great job of building him up and creating this aura around him to the point where, when he finally showed, it was amazing and the highlight scene of the film. In this one, you see him twice, and then he's got his awfully megatron shredder outfit, which, even in the context of the film, is utterly ridiculous.

He also has zero connection with the turtles. None. Nothing. Why he cares about them, why he wants them dead, why he even gives two flying fucks is beyond me. I think the original idea was legitimately to have Fitchner play Shredder, and when fans had a hissy fit, the lackluster crew decided to heave a quick, meaningless rewrite into the film, thinking they would appease the fan base.

The turtles were awful, too. I was hoping to at least enjoy there banter and seeing them on screen, but they were so under fucking developed. They literally showed up, and that was it. Nothing personal about them. Nothing to make you care. Just a bunch of junk plastered all over them, stupid dialogue and boner jokes, and no chemistry between any of them. They were just there. To give the villains and April something to do, and nothing more.

Splinter was shit too. Looked liked shit. His origin was shit. And apparently, reading a picture book on ninjitsu not only makes you have a subtle Japanese accent, it causes you to dress like a ninja master and somehow know about the Shredder, a being you have never met and have zero reason as to knowing who they are or that they even exist.

This movie just doesn't have it. It's not even hilariously bad. It has no reason to exist, and the story itself is not memorable at all. The movie literally just happens. The first one had a strong underlying theme of family, and what that means to the different characters. This movie's theme was...well, I don't know, but it was fucking atrocious.

Sad thing is, it's making money despite being really, really bad, which means there's no doubt going to be a sequel, which is only going to get worse.

0/10.

Mercenary
08-16-2014, 04:49 PM
Just got back from it, and I'll give it a 8/10.

DAMN iNATOR
08-16-2014, 07:51 PM
Not paying Bay for a half-assed remake of the classic 1990 film. Fuck that noise.

DAMN iNATOR
08-16-2014, 08:05 PM
The Domino's pizza pic from the original makes me :D though. Brings back a lot of great lines:

"Pizza dude's got 30 seconds..."

Pizza Guy: "Where the heck is 122 1/8?"
Michaelangelo: You're standing on it, dude!"

Pizza Guy: "This is a $10! The tab's $13!"
Michaelangelo: "You're 2 minutes late, dude!"
Pizza Guy: "Oh, come on! I couldn't find the place!"
Michaelangelo: "Wise man say, 'Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for a pizza.'"

Damian Rey
08-16-2014, 09:49 PM
Officially inviting Damn iNator over to watch the original with me in beautiful high definition.

El Fangel
08-22-2014, 07:41 PM
Sixx, Penicillian has something to do with mold I think.

DAMN iNATOR
08-31-2014, 08:04 PM
That penicillin joke in the original always falls flat with me. Only thing I'm allergic to (that I know of, anyhow).

Rammsteinmad
09-18-2014, 12:11 PM
This still doesn't come out in the UK for another four weeks! Why the fuck are we having to wait so long?! :mad:

Damian Rey
09-18-2014, 10:53 PM
They're doing you a favor.

Sixx
09-18-2014, 11:26 PM
This still doesn't come out in the UK for another four weeks! Why the fuck are we having to wait so long?! :mad:

Hahaha, what?

Even Azerbaijan got it early August.

Optimus Bone 69
09-20-2014, 09:32 PM
Just watched the 90's movie with my daughter
not too bad

Rammsteinmad
10-17-2014, 09:57 AM
FINALLY!!!!

This film finally came out today in the UK!

And it gets a massive "meh" from me.

It was alright, but Damien Rey pretty much summed it up perfectly. The fight scenes were alright, but most of the times whenever the Turtles were actually in motion the cameras were all over the place and it was pretty dull trying to keep up with what they were actually doing.

I give it 2/5.

Sixx
10-17-2014, 10:01 AM
FINALLY!!!!

This film finally came out today in the UK!

And it gets a massive "meh" from me.

It was alright, but Damien Rey pretty much summed it up perfectly. The fight scenes were alright, but most of the times whenever the Turtles were actually in motion the cameras were all over the place and it was pretty dull trying to keep up with what they were actually doing.

I give it 2/5.

Wait, it just hit the cinemas today in the UK?

Rammsteinmad
10-17-2014, 10:49 AM
Yep. :wtf:

Sixx
10-17-2014, 10:51 AM
That is so weird.

Why would a UK premiere be 2,5 months after the Polish one?

Shit, even Cambodia got it before ya, just checked on imdb.

Rammsteinmad
10-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Yeah. I questioned this earlier in the thread, just seems so random why the UK had to wait so much longer (and yeah, it wasn't worth the wait lol).

Sixx
10-17-2014, 01:13 PM
Yeah. I questioned this earlier in the thread, just seems so random why the UK had to wait so much longer (and yeah, it wasn't worth the wait lol).

Yeah and I apparently already made fun of that.

Got fantastic memory apparently.

dronepool
10-19-2014, 11:45 PM
Just got hooked to the IDW comics, currently catching up. I suggest it if you guys haven't checked it out.

Mercenary
12-05-2014, 08:55 PM
http://comicbook.com/2014/12/05/bebop-and-rocksteady-to-appear-in-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2/

Only took 5 damn movies......

Kalyx triaD
12-05-2014, 09:04 PM
They did mention wanting to dive into Dimension X. Krang in live-action would be trippy.

road doggy dogg
12-06-2014, 03:54 PM
I always wondered if Tokka and Rahzar were supposed to kind of "represent" Rocksteady and Bebop in the original movies. I don't believe they were canon

Mercenary
12-06-2014, 04:56 PM
I always wondered if Tokka and Rahzar were supposed to kind of "represent" Rocksteady and Bebop in the original movies. I don't believe they were canon

Fuck those hacks. RockSteady and Bebop forrrrrrrrreeeeeeveeeeeeeer!

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-06-2014, 06:34 PM

Tokka and Rahzar should be shot from a cannon into the Sun. They were only in the movie so they didn't have to pay the guy who made the cartoon royalties for creating Bebop and Rocksteady.

Anybody else associate Bebop and Rocksteady with the Nasty Boys?

Damian Rey
12-06-2014, 06:48 PM
In fucking deed.

KIRA
12-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Throw in better writers ,A redesign of the Turtles and Casey Jones and I'd see it.

Destor
12-06-2014, 07:15 PM
this is like holding nostalgia hostage

Kalyx triaD
12-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Toka and Razar were used because the TMNT creators deeply hated Beebop and Rocksteady. They were supposed to be in TMNT 2. At the last second they used random mutants in their place.

I guess the creators got over that.

alvarado52
12-07-2014, 02:07 PM
At least they made Razar cool in the new series.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140502215244/tmnt/images/8/81/Rahzar_pu1.png

Droford
12-16-2014, 06:59 PM
My favorite joke was "are they aliens? No... That would be stupid"

Big Vic
12-22-2014, 12:44 PM
I look back and laugh at this time to time:

In August 2012, an early version of the script, dated 1/30/12, titled "The Blue Door" and written by Appelbaum and Nemec, was leaked online. It featured major changes to the origins: the Turtles hail from another dimension that consists of turtle warriors, Splinter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splinter_%28Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles%29) is an alien from the same dimension as well, Shredder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shredder_%28Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles%29) is "Colonel Schrader", a government agent who is secretly an alien who can grow blades from his body, "The Foot Clan" is just "The Foot", an elite Black Ops unit led by Col. Schrader, Casey Jones (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casey_Jones_%28Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles%29) is an 18-year-old security guard/amateur ice hockey player that finds the Turtles and is the focus of the film, April is also 18 and is having relationship troubles with Casey because she is moving to New York (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York) due to an internship at CBS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBS), Raphael is the comic relief instead of Michelangelo, and Michelangelo falls in love with a turtle woman from his home planet