PDA

View Full Version : This Sunday's Victory Road card

Rollermacka
03-11-2011, 11:11 AM
What do you think of the Victory Road PPV card for this sunday?

* WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH:
Jeff Hardy vs. Sting ©

* #1 CONTENDERS MATCH:
Mr. Anderson vs. Rob Van Dam

* Matt Hardy vs. AJ Styles

* FIRST BLOOD MATCH:
Hernandez vs. Matt Morgan

* ULTIMATE X MATCH FOR THE X TITLE:
Jeremy Buck vs. Max Buck vs. Kazarian © vs. Robbie E

* TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
Ink Inc vs. Beer Money ©

* Bully Ray vs. Tommy Dreamer

* KNOCKOUTS TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
Sarita & Rosita vs. Angelina Love & Winter

I think it looks like a solid card, a decient mix of all kinds of matches. I would have liked to see another X division match or maybe a tag match featuring TNA originals (MCMG vs Red and Crimson). I might take a look/ look for a sports bar thats showing it but not good enough to buy the card

Side note, as much as I love Sting I'm not really crazy thrilled to see him as TNA champ. I think it was an insentive for Sting to stay (here's the world title and a huge bonus) and it adds a few more match possibilites for the main event picture.

Ultra Mantis
03-11-2011, 11:30 AM
No MCMG = Not interested.

Jordan
03-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Underwhelming to say the least.

Nicky Fives
03-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Aj vs. Matt is the only one that interests me.... all the others we have seen before....

erickman
03-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Aj vs. Matt is the only one that interests me.... all the others we have seen before....

yeah they look like they might put on a good match.

MoFo
03-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Looks like shit, but they're saving the good stuff for Lockdown.

Rollermacka
03-11-2011, 01:10 PM

I actually thought the segment on Impact was kinda funny between them. Flair was out of control and started pouring blood (as usual) and Matt just continued to call AJ "kid" when there both in their 30s. Matt dropped the dreads but I dont really get what his gimmick is suppose to be? A bitter veteran wrestler who is pissed about "the system"?

tna
03-11-2011, 01:18 PM
So did anyone see velvet sky on tna when she slapped her ass like 10 times wow

Cuse8
03-11-2011, 01:27 PM
So did anyone see velvet sky on tna when she slapped her ass like 10 times wow

i watched 2 minutes of tna last night..it happened to be those 2 minutes..great timing

VSG
03-11-2011, 01:29 PM
A video of that makes TNA relevant.

tna
03-11-2011, 02:03 PM
i watched 2 minutes of tna last night..it happened to be those 2 minutes..great timing

It was amazing i stared at the tv for like 10 minutes after that lol

Gass
03-11-2011, 03:40 PM
meh, the card looks like any random episode of Impact.

BizarroKing
03-11-2011, 07:49 PM
My prediction of Match Order and results:

-Beer Money def Ink Inc. to retain
-Bully Ray def Tommy Dreamer
-Sarita and Rosita def Angelina Love and Winter to win the Knockouts Tag Titles
-Kazarian wins the Ultimate X and retains
-AJ Styles def Matt Hardy
-Matt Morgan def Hernandez
-Mr. Anderson def RVD
-Sting def Jeff Hardees to retain

#1-norm-fan
03-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Mr. Anderson vs. RVD sounds like a match... =/

Fox
03-11-2011, 10:50 PM
God I hate TNA.

Gotta ask, since I haven't followed the company much since the failed Monday Night Wars attempt... what the hell happened to Christopher Daniels and Samoa Joe? When I was really into the company (2003-2006) those were the two guys I figured would be the next generation of main event stars. Now I don't even see them listed on the PPV card. Injuries or what?

Also, the only match I'd be even kind of interested in seeing would be Sting vs. Jeff Hardy as Sting has always been one of my favorites and Jeff, at his best, was also one of my underdog favorites from WWE. To see them face each other might be interesting, although I'm sure the finish will be some sort of run-in cluterfuck with Hogan, Bischoff and Russo booking this piece of shit clown shoes company.

It's sad that I don't even care about RVD/Anderson as Van Dam used to be one of my favorite wrestlers.

God TNA needs new creative management.

#1-norm-fan
03-11-2011, 11:10 PM
I also don't really follow TNA much. How the hell is Mr. Anderson not the face of TNA though? On charisma alone, if he were the Cena-esque focal point, I'd probably start watching.

Razzamajazz
03-12-2011, 12:11 AM
i demand a video or .gif of the ass slapping

Mr. Nerfect
03-12-2011, 12:38 AM
I would also like to see this ass slapping.

Anyway, here is how I would book the show:

* Mike Tenay and "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero are on commentary. Not to take away from Taz, but give him the night off, and bring in Dinero, who isn't otherwise on the card. Dinero is entertaining, a great talker and it adds a special "PPV something" to the commentary team. Even if they just did special guest PPV commentators as a trial thing.

* Tommy Dreamer defeats Bully Ray when Brother Devon costs him the match. This continues their heat, putting them in a cage against each other at Lockdown, and Dreamer gets a random win so he stays someone relevant to TNA.

* AJ Styles defeats Matt Hardy with a Springboard 450 Splash. Matt Hardy could really use some momentum with his new alliance with Ric Flair, but I also feel that Styles could use a big win. The loss doesn't really hurt Hardy, as he's losing to a former two-time World Champion in TNA. Styles and Hardy will probably end up staying involved in each other's business heading into a Lethal Lockdown Match at the next PPV, anyway. I just think it'd be smarter business to protect AJ Styles than Matt Hardy, though.

* Ken Anderson defeats Rob Van Dam to become the #1 Contender for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. TNA really needs to get behind Anderson, and putting the World Title back on him at Lockdown is a great way to do that. He's got a fire under him now, and playing even more of a tweener role. RVD can team with AJ Styles to face The Hardys and some more Immortals at Lockdown.

* Hernandez defeats Matt Morgan in the First Blood Match when Hector Guerrero leaves the commentary desk and helps out Hernandez, joining his Mexican movement in TNA. It could get some attention for the storyline, having a Guerrero involved, and Morgan is somewhat protected. It would make sense for Morgan and Hernandez to have their own match at Lockdown, but they would also fit in the Lethal Lockdown.

* Angelina Love & Winter retain the TNA Knockout Tag Team Titles when Velvet Sky helps them retain. They'll obviously do the Sky/Winter tension exploding sometime in the future, but I don't think the title switch needs to happen now. A win for Love & Winter will remind people that they are champs.

* Samoa Joe comes out and attacks D'Angelo Dinero, setting up a Lockdown match with him, and Christopher Daniels comes out to replace him on commentary.

* During the Ultimate X Match, Brian Kendrick runs out and steals the X-Division Title belt. There is confusion and booing, but they announce that the match will continue, and they place an "X" up there instead of the belt. This leads to a feud between Kazarian (who officially retains the belt) and Kendrick, who talks about how he wants to restore the X-Division to a place of chaos, and all that wacky stuff in lieu of his character.

* Beer Money successfully retain the TNA World Tag Team Championship against Ink, Inc. in a simple wrestling match -- two teams face off, and the better team wins. Beer Money can be attacked by Gunner & Murphy after the match, setting up another filler program with them. The money is in Beer Money vs. The Motor City Machine Guns with the new face dynamic of Beer Money. Throw in a heel team representing Immortal, whether that is Gunner & Murphy, The Hardy Boyz or an entirely new team -- but I think it'll be magic.

* Sting defeats Jeff Hardy with the Scorpion Deathlock, cleanly, and retains the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. I guess they want Sting, even at 51, to seem like he can still be at the top of the business. Why not give him the win over a WWE made guy? Hardy loses nothing, and he's the heel -- it's kind of his job. Sting vs. Anderson can then be used to get Anderson extra over as a credible main event presence.

Volare
03-12-2011, 10:36 AM
Only possible "it could happen" long shot that I see is Inc Inc beating Money Inc either due to Gunner and Murphy beating them down and the ref not looking (more than likely though this will somehow end in DQ).

TNA has done this before, hey lets take a random tag team push them for an episode, cut a promo, big match at PPV (lose), back into mid-card pool.