PDA

View Full Version : Interesting point about the Guest Hosts

The MAC
03-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Before the Guest hosts I always thought WWE was higher up in the levels of the entertainment world. Other than in the USA was this perception that WWE could have actuall hollywood stars host Raw.

I mean at one stage they had Ali at wrestlemania then cut to Raw with all these lame asses hosting it. This guest host thing has shown the world just how little wrestling is valued. Can't even get anyone with world recognition.mmeh.

Jordan
03-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Snookie? Pretty famous

Jordan
03-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Aside from Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and Charlie Sheen she is one of the hottest topics in the USA.

Jordan
03-14-2011, 04:21 PM
You offer no other choices as well. What guests would make you happy?

Lara Emily
03-14-2011, 04:22 PM
She's a D list celeb come on.

Jordan
03-14-2011, 04:24 PM
What, you think they are gonna get Christian Bale? She is famous and has a large following that's all they want. WWE isn't high art its entertainment.

thedamndest
03-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Are you looking for George Clooney to host Raw? They've always had Chuck Norris level guys at best. Ali isn't really as big as you make him out to be. They got him after he retired. They've had Mike Tyson as a guest host so there you go.

thedamndest
03-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Burt Reynolds, William Shatner, Ronda Shear from USA's Up All Night, Jenny McCarthy, Pam Anderson, Lawrence Taylor, Walter Peyton, Vanna White, Bob Uecker, Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osbourne to name a few of the hot stars from back in the day.

Jeritron
03-14-2011, 04:28 PM
She's a D list celeb come on.

IN 5 years, yes.

Right now, no.

At this very moment, Snooki and Situation and all those characters, whether people like it or not, are A list celebrities in the eyes of every media outlet and pop culture.
Sorry.

Jordan
03-14-2011, 04:28 PM
JTT!

Jordan
03-14-2011, 04:29 PM
To be honest Snooki is a HUGE land for WWE. One of the biggest guests ever.

Jeritron
03-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Unless we're judging the grade list by talent, in which case Paul Giamatti or somebody is an A-lister and Justin Bieber isn't.

It's really not up to taste. It's just a basic fact that Snooki and Co. are genuinely famous.

Jeritron
03-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Burt Reynolds, William Shatner, Ronda Shear from USA's Up All Night, Jenny McCarthy, Pam Anderson, Lawrence Taylor, Walter Peyton, Vanna White, Bob Uecker, Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osbourne to name a few of the hot stars from back in the day.

This.

Not to mention the fact that last year's guest hosts weren't entirely "D listers" and "jokes."

They were doing it every week, and in different cities. That has a big impact on who they're booking.
It's not the same as booking a Late Night talk show in LA or NY where celebs are lined up in their hometown to promote their latest venture.

Good luck getting the cast of a hit movie to fly to Detroit to promote some flick.
So the quality of hosts was inconsistent at best.

They got some high profile pro-athletes, and recongizable actors/comedians that I can remember.

Lock Jaw
03-14-2011, 04:37 PM
No, they aren't. They are known by followers of "Jersey Shore". To everyone else they are "Who the hell are these people, and why should I care" kinda "celebs".

I barely know who Snooki is, and never even saw her picture until this promotion for Guest Host.

Jeritron
03-14-2011, 04:38 PM
I would imagine Bradley Cooper was probably wondering what the hell he was doing on Raw is War in 2010, tbh.

dronepool
03-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Honestly if it wasn't for the internet and South Park I would have no idea who Snooki is. But yeah most guest hosts are mediocre or just plain suck.

Lara Emily
03-14-2011, 04:39 PM
No, they aren't. They are known by followers of "Jersey Shore". To everyone else they are "Who the hell are these people, and why should I care" kinda "celebs".

I barely know who Snooki is, and never even saw her picture until this promotion for Guest Host.

Yeah seriously. LOL at the idea of her being A-List

Jeritron
03-14-2011, 04:40 PM

That is your version of reality, but it's not really debateable who is a celebrity or not.

I have to be a follower of Jersey Shore to know who Snooki is?

Also, has it occured to you to consider that maybe, just maybe, the following of the Jersey Shore is at fame levels?
People watch it. Tons of them. More than other A list forms of entertainment. Fact not opinion.

It doesn't matter if you or I agree with the merit in it.

I really hate the whole, "these people aren't famous because I don't respect them" thing.

It has nothing to do with that. Next thing you're going to tell me Charlie Sheen isn't famous right now, because you don't give a fuck and only followers of Two and A Half Men and Wall Street do.

Jeritron
03-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Honestly if it wasn't for the internet and South Park I would have no idea who Snooki is. But yeah most guest hosts are mediocre or just plain suck.

But you do. That's the end of it.

Thanks to the internet. Pretty minor communication outlet there. And South Park, which prides itself on referencing everything current and relevant in pop culture.

You people are mad.

Lara Emily
03-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Actually quality does come in to play in context of this thread and in context of grade, Snookie is more infamous then famous.

A huge coup would be attracting a respectable celebrit, not someone who is basically famous for being famous

Jordan
03-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Whatever, Snooki is famous if you don't understand that your fucking ignorant to the obvious.

Jeritron
03-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Yeah seriously. LOL at the idea of her being A-List

Again, what is A list to you?

Last time I checked, the term wasn't in reference to people's own opinions or rankings of talent.
It was about fame.

I assure you that talent and your personal opinion have nothing to do with fame in modern society. There are tons of people famous as hell for no real reason other than being famous, but that's just the way it is.

Are you going to tell me that Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton aren't practically household names?

Jeritron
03-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Actually quality does come in to play in context of this thread, Snookie is more infamous then famous.

A huge coup would be attracting a respectable celebrit, not someone who is basically famous for being famous

This has 0 to do with the topic. You "loled" at the idea of her being A list or famous.

Now it's about what's respectable? I never based my argument on her credentials as an actress or artist here, so let's not try to turn it around now.

Jordan
03-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Actually quality does come in to play in context of this thread, Snookie is more infamous then famous.

Meryl Streep would be a great host. Oh wait, how about recent Academy Award winner Colin Firth! I bet they would be great for Raw. Do you know what you are watching tonight? RAW, just one step above Jerry Springer and one step below the Jersey Shore.

Jeritron
03-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Whatever, Snooki is famous if you don't understand that your fucking ignorant to the obvious.

Or can't seperate your own opinions and feelings on matters/people from the truth of what is going on in the world.

A common trend here on TPWW

Mr. Nerfect
03-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Actually quality does come in to play in context of this thread and in context of grade, Snookie is more infamous then famous.

I agree with this. When I think "A-List," I think of top flight, like "Grade A." If you get an A-Lister, it means you're getting not only one of the hottest stars in entertainment, but one of the most talented, as well. You know, Brad Pitt, Christian Bale, etc. Snooki's not really D-List, but her recognizability has nothing to do with talent. She doesn't even qualify to be an A-Lister.

I think the saddest thing about the Guest Host stuff is that the WWE makes such a big deal about this mediocre celebrity being there, as if suddenly they are now worthy. It makes the WWE look like they are trying to cling onto pop-culture and say "Hey look! We're cool!" Really transparent and horrible marketing, in my opinion. But hey, as someone said, the WWE's not exactly high art.

seapig4
03-14-2011, 04:52 PM
I ain't never watched the Jersey Shore but being from the UK all I know is that Sookie is a talentless cunt but whatever, I am however interested in what the age rating is for the Jersey Shore

Jeritron
03-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Meryl Streep would be a great host. Oh wait, how about recent Academy Award winner Colin Firth! I bet they would be great for Raw. Do you know what you are watching tonight? RAW, just one step above Jerry Springer and one step below the Jersey Shore.

I suppose I would be crazy to recognize the fact that, at the moment, Snooki is probably more "trending" and "relevant", "famous", "talked about" than Meryl Streep or actress.

That may be a sad state of affairs, but I shouldn't be dismissed for recognizing what is going on in the world.

You can just as easily make some misguided argument like the BP Oil Spill or Japan Tsunami's aren't a big deal in the world because "I didn't even hear about them until today on the internet."

Ignorance and delusion apparently passes as a barometer for reality on the internet.

dronepool
03-14-2011, 04:53 PM
She's still disposable.

Lock Jaw
03-14-2011, 04:53 PM
That is your version of reality, but it's not really debateable who is a celebrity or not.

I have to be a follower of Jersey Shore to know who Snooki is?

Also, has it occured to you to consider that maybe, just maybe, the following of the Jersey Shore is at fame levels?
People watch it. Tons of them. More than other A list forms of entertainment. Fact not opinion.

It doesn't matter if you or I agree with the merit in it.

I really hate the whole, "these people aren't famous because I don't respect them" thing.

It has nothing to do with that. Next thing you're going to tell me Charlie Sheen isn't famous right now, because you don't give a fuck and only followers of Two and A Half Men and Wall Street do.

Never said she wasn't famous or wasn't a celebrity. Just said that she is not an "A-List celebrity".

Jordan
03-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Everybody says that Jersey Shore has the same audience as WWE, if that is true then it's a smart choice to potential hook viewers going into the biggest PPV of all the times. It's not about pleasing US, it's about hooking THEM. Business, get it?

Jeritron
Charlie Sheen, at this very moment, is more famous than Colin Firth. How dare I?

Must mean I'm a degenerate follower of Two and a Half Men and contributing to the downfall of western society.

Lara Emily
no I lol'd at her being considered A-List. Of course she's famous. So are a lot of people. I think of A-listers as the you know huge movie stars whose name alone can bring in huge cash at the box office, whose name is universal and transcends age ranges

Mr. Nerfect
03-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Again, what is A list to you?

Last time I checked, the term wasn't in reference to people's own opinions or rankings of talent.
It was about fame.

I assure you that talent and your personal opinion have nothing to do with fame in modern society. There are tons of people famous as hell for no real reason other than being famous, but that's just the way it is.

Are you going to tell me that Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton aren't practically household names?

So are we now saying that famous and A-list are the same thing? Because I'd argue that. That's what things like the self-destructions of Tom Cruise and Charlie Sheen get so much attention. Because these A-list stars suddenly drop down to the level of a Snooki or a Paris Hilton -- essentially a parody and an "A-star" fizzling out and becoming a black hole of celebritydom.

Lara Emily
03-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Everybody says that Jersey Shore has the same audience as WWE, if that is true then it's a smart choice to potential hook viewers going into the biggest PPV of all the times. It's not about pleasing US, it's about hooking THEM. Business, get it?

If anything this should be an indication that they are really trying to break out of PG.

Jordan
03-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Well let's not argue over a simple term like "A-list" she is famous as hell right now. And yes, Charlie Sheen is more famous than the Earthquake, horrible but true.

Do I want Snookie on my Raw? Nah, not unless it's really funny. I just want a good show going into the PPV. Also, I am a huge supporter of WWE getting better ratings and PPV buys than ever, and if stuff like this helps then I am all for it.

Jeritron
03-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Never said she wasn't famous or wasn't a celebrity. Just said that she is not an "A-List celebrity".

I'm just curious to hear who is, though. And what constitutes celebrity.

Also, you did. I said they were genuinely famous and you responded "No they aren't. They are known to followers of Jersey Shore. To everyone else they are known as "who the hell are these people?"

Mr. Nerfect
03-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Charlie Sheen, at this very moment, is more infamous than Colin Firth. How dare I?

There you go.

Jordan
03-14-2011, 05:00 PM
If anything this should be an indication that they are really trying to break out of PG.

It will naturally happen anyway, as the PG audience grows into a TV-14 audience, just like last time. I was a kid with HBK and a teen who wanted more "fuck you" with Austin.

It's always the cycle of the business, which is one of the reasons you don't see me complain about PG WWE. I personally needed them to lay off the excessive violence so they could learn how to wrestle again, and they are absolutely getting there.

I feel that over the next year we will see elements of more adult style programming but it may be less "bawdy" than in the past, so to keep the
PG rating.

Jeritron
03-14-2011, 05:01 PM
A-List is a term used to rank. It's in the very language of the word.

A-List is used to gauge someone's fame plain and simple. If Snooki was attending a Hollywood party, would she be on the D-List with Corey Feldman and Pauly Shore?
This stuff is all bullshit but it exists.

She is an A-that thList celebrity. It doesn't matter if it's only going to last a year. That's all I'm saying.

It's easy to change now and say "well this just comes down to definition of what A-list is"

It's quite clear to read in the thread ere was serious contention to the idea of her being famous on massive levels, just because of matter of ignorance or personal opinion.
That is wrong. False. She is more famous than sin and that's the way it is on Planet Earth today. We don't have to like it.

That's really all I have to add. I can't sit here and argue the color of the sky.

And I have no energy to respond to Noid and the infamous thing. Infamous was a term used later on in this thread. It had nothing to do with the original argument. It was a red herring.

Lock Jaw
03-14-2011, 05:03 PM
I'd say there are two types.

A-Listers: Big huge names whose very presence is a sight to behold

A*-Listers: Household names who have become so known for their crazy antics/shenanigans that people are interested/constantly talking about them. (Charlie Sheen category)

Snooki and the cast of Jershey Shore do not fit in either category of A-listers.

I'd say that the "Jersey Shore" brand/name is certainly an A-List brand/name, with people knowing of it even if they don't watch.... but the cast members themselves, on their own? They don't make the cut.

Mr. Nerfect
03-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Well let's not argue over a simple term like "A-list" she is famous as hell right now. And yes, Charlie Sheen is more famous than the Earthquake, horrible but true.

Yes, she's infamous as a source of parody. She's about on par with Paris Hilton. Do you think Paris Hilton is amazing for business? Sure, she has her fans, and sure, she is recogniseable. It just depends on how desperate you are for someone recogniseable.

And not to get too technical, but a celebrity is defined as somebody widely honoured and acclaimed. Maybe not in general usage, but I think you could argue Snooki being only a parody of a celebrity.

Dr Phil, Chuck Norris, Paris Hilton, Snooki -- here is your A-list of Hollywood. Really?

Mr. Nerfect
03-14-2011, 05:05 PM
I don't even think the Charlie Sheen kind qualify as "A-Listers." Now, their status as an A-Lister might effect the attention their self-destruction achieves.

Jeritron
03-14-2011, 05:06 PM
The fame thing was the crux of the argument from the very get go, so it annoys me that it has digressed into "define A list" and "infamous vs famous."

It just wasn't the original context of this discussion, and feels like a total escape valve on what was bullshit

Lara Emily
03-14-2011, 05:07 PM
I also question if Snooke's fame goes beyond a certain age group. Jike as in everyone knows who Johnny Depp is more or less, Snookie? Not so much,

Jordan
03-14-2011, 05:08 PM
This is getting so specific now. Look, people know her, people that watch the same type of programming as WWE know her. That's all that matters to WWE, they don't care if she is an actor, musician, model, tv host, reality star, sports star, IT DOESN'T MATTER she is famous and relevant to the audience that watches WWE.

You can use the word infamous, famous, a-list, d-list... it doesn't matter, Snooki = ratings that's all that matters here. Ratings are not defined on quality, just quantity okay, thats it.

I am not in an argument about "a-list" celebrities or "d-list" celebrities it doesn't matter, she equals ratings and thats all I am saying.

Jeritron
03-14-2011, 05:08 PM
I'd say there are two types.

A-Listers: Big huge names whose very presence is a sight to behold

A*-Listers: Household names who have become so known for their crazy antics/shenanigans that people are interested/constantly talking about them. (Charlie Sheen category)

Snooki and the cast of Jershey Shore do not fit in either category of A-listers.

I'd say that the "Jersey Shore" brand/name is certainly an A-List brand/name, with people knowing of it even if they don't watch.... but the cast members themselves, on their own? They don't make the cut.

It's just frustrating that you originally responded "No they aren't." to the statement, "They are genuinely famous."

How am I expected to not disagree with that, and now the argument is being changed.

Lara Emily
03-14-2011, 05:11 PM
The fame thing was the crux of the argument from the very get go, so it annoys me that it has digressed into "define A list" and "infamous vs famous."

It just wasn't the original context of this discussion, and feels like a total escape valve on what was bullshit

What the hell are you talking about? The initial point of this thread was why have the quality of celebs gone down, IE Muhammad Ali is now Snooki. Mr T is now Kevin Federline etc...

Jeritron
03-14-2011, 05:12 PM
The beauty of it is that I am right there with you guys in the obvious assessment that she's a no-talent clown shoe that will fade from the spotlight in less than 2 years.
I'm in no way defending her honor or the validity of her fame.

This is really just a matter of logic and recognizing facts/pop culture/reality, to me anyways.

Lara Emily
This is getting so specific now. Look, people know her, people that watch the same type of programming as WWE know her. That's all that matters to WWE, they don't care if she is an actor, musician, model, tv host, reality star, sports star, IT DOESN'T MATTER she is famous and relevant to the audience that watches WWE.

You can use the word infamous, famous, a-list, d-list... it doesn't matter, Snooki = ratings that's all that matters here. Ratings are not defined on quality, just quantity okay, thats it.

I am not in an argument about "a-list" celebrities or "d-list" celebrities it doesn't matter, she equals ratings and thats all I am saying.

Jersey Shore = Ratings, it'll be interesting to see if Snookie = ratings.

Jeritron
What the hell are you talking about? The initial point of this thread was why have the quality of celebs gone down, IE Muhammad Ali is now Snooki. Mr T is now Kevin Federline etc...

The argument, not the thread topic.

Jeritron
03-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Jersey Shore = Ratings, it'll be interesting to see if Snookie = ratings.

It's been shown before that this stuff doesn't usually translate between mediums.

I don't think Snooki should boost Raw's ratings too much, tbh. A little.

But it should also be noted that I don't think George Clooney appearing on Raw would have a major impact on the ratings either.
People are either watching wrestling or not, at the end of the day. Most of the time cross-appearances are pretty minor in impact.

I doubt ratings is their main concern though. It will probably get them on some media outlets tomorrow, during Wrestlemania season to boot. And Vince just likes to have his company in any kind of spotlight.
It's a good take.

Lara Emily
03-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Yup which is why I wish they wouldn't bother, it doesn't do great business, and it's rarely entertaining,

I think Cyndi Lauper, Mike Tyson circa 1998, Mr T, and Ali are the only ones that did any sort of real business, maybe Lawrence Taylor too.

Jeritron
03-14-2011, 05:17 PM

I just want to point out that this is actually an interesting side point. Maybe that's indicative of trends in pop culture and fame, in general, rather than just wrestling.

I think it takes less to be a huge celebrity now

You're probably never going to see a celebrity on the scale of Michael Jackson ever again. Instead, there is a slew of them in the mold of Snooki, Kim Kardashian and K-Fed.

Lock Jaw
03-14-2011, 05:18 PM
That was a bad choice of words from me. I make those a lot because I generally suck at explaining stuff/"talking".

I'd say "Jersey Shore" is genuinely famous. Snooki is famous in the way that occasionally you will hear her name, but what I meant is that people who don't watch the show will hear the name and think "Who is this person, and why should I care" unless it says FROM JERSERY SHORE in equal parts. If it is just "Snooki", people not acquainted with the show will just pass it by.

Don't really know how to explain this/convey it properly, and there have probably been a dozen posts in between now, with all the time I've tried to figure it out.

Lara Emily
03-14-2011, 05:18 PM
The argument, not the thread topic.

The argument started because you said she was A-list.

CSL
03-14-2011, 05:19 PM
http://blog.mlive.com/mayweather_impact/2008/04/medium_floyd_wwe2.JPG

Jeritron
03-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Yup which is why I wish they wouldn't bother, it doesn't do great business, and it's rarely entertaining,

I think Cyndi Lauper, Mike Tyson circa 1998, Mr T, and Ali are the only ones that did any sort of real business, maybe Lawrence Taylor too.

I think most of the attraction appearances did them favors. Trump, Mayweather, etc.

That's because there was an actual PPV and media build surrounding them. It was actually marketed.
I think guest appearances are "just for fun" and show, unless there is an actual event built around them.

Lara Emily
03-14-2011, 05:21 PM
I just want to point out that this is actually an interesting side point. Maybe that's indicative of trends in pop culture and fame, in general, rather than just wrestling.

I think it takes less to be a huge celebrity now

You're probably never going to see a celebrity on the scale of Michael Jackson ever again. Instead, there is a slew of them in the mold of Snooki, Kim Kardashian and K-Fed.

That's BS, of course you'll see super Celebs, Brad Pitt is a super celeb, flash in the pans have always existed it's just easier to become one

It's definitely more indicative of where wrestling has gone then of fame in general, WWE rarely attracts um respectable celebs anymore.

Jeritron
03-14-2011, 05:21 PM
The argument started because you said she was A-list.

According to my monitor, it's because you said she was D-List :cool:

Lara Emily
03-14-2011, 05:24 PM
She is I stand by that, still makes her famous tho

Actually it technically started when Jordan X said that Snookie counts to him on the same level of fame as Ali.

Which is why I said D-List

Basically

Topic: Have you noticed how the quality of Celebs has gone down over the years. WWE once got Ali to appear now look at them

Jordan X: What about Snookie?

Catch my drift?

CSL
03-14-2011, 05:29 PM
I think you're blurring the lines between level of fame and level of critical acclaim/'respect'.

Lara Emily
03-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Well no shit but guess what that's the point of the fucking topic, the quality of Celebs has gone down.

Jeritron
03-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Bingo. That's all I'm saying!

That happens on here quite frequently though. In fact, nearly every thread.

dronepool
03-14-2011, 05:35 PM
Snooki is no diffrent from Paris Hilton. Famous for being a slutty party girl.

Lara Emily
03-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Bingo. That's all I'm saying!

That happens on here quite frequently though. In fact, nearly every thread.

Are you just purposely being dense?

When someone asks why can't the WWE attract respectable huge Celebs like Muhammad Ali the correct retort isn't what about Snookie?

Jeritron
03-14-2011, 05:39 PM
thedamndest had the correct response to that

Hanso Amore
03-14-2011, 05:39 PM
Are people going to tune in to see the wreck that is SNooki on RAW - SHIT YES

And it will get press.

What at all would they do with someone Legit? Who really wants to someone like Kevin Spacey or any other A LISTER stand around and not really want to be on Raw. They are above,

The WWE is a spectacle and thye want to book celebrities that ARE just that. Not someone famous.

I dont get the debate here.

Hanso Amore
03-14-2011, 05:41 PM
NEXT WEEKS RAW HOST - SIR PATRICK STEWART

BORING

NEXT WEEKS RAW HOST - OJ SIMPSON

RATINGS

Jordan
03-14-2011, 05:41 PM
LOL this is a mess people. He said she said, I dunno! Snooki is famous, I understand WWE wanting her on Raw.

If she Ali? No way, and I didn't say that they were on the same level. But come on, she is pretty relevant right behind Sheen and The Earthquake.

Hanso Amore
03-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Are you just purposely being dense?

When someone asks why can't the WWE attract respectable huge Celebs like Muhammad Ali the correct retort isn't what about Snookie?

HEre is another difference:

WrestleMania - The Biggest Event of the Year

RAW In Tulsa - Not so much

Jordan
03-14-2011, 05:42 PM
NEXT WEEKS RAW HOST - SIR PATRICK STEWART

BORING

NEXT WEEKS RAW HOST - OJ SIMPSON

RATINGS

:yes::lol::lol::lol:

Jeritron
03-14-2011, 05:45 PM
LOL this is a mess people. He said she said, I dunno! Snooki is famous, I understand WWE wanting her on Raw.

If she Ali? No way, and I didn't say that they were on the same level. But come on, she is pretty relevant right behind Sheen and The Earthquake.

http://www.wokay.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Charlie-Sheen2.jpg

http://www.jasonrivera.com/images/articles/20110126_39_901/earthquake.jpg

http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/20091218/293.snooki.lr.121809.jpg

CSL
03-14-2011, 05:46 PM
The Earthquake needs to show up on RAW. SEEEEERIOUS heat and a potential star-making vehicle for Yoshi Tatsu.

CSL
03-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Could you imagine if Cena FU'd The Earthquake? Move over Hogan and Andre.

Hanso Amore
I think the Earthquake as a heel manager. he broke the nuke plants to reawaken Adam Bomb and bring him back to challenge Cena.

Jeritron
The Earthquake is a D-List geological event at best, come on

Hanso Amore
03-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Basically The Earthquake is the modern day Heenan.

Jeritron
03-14-2011, 05:51 PM
What I'm saying is, why can't they get respectable disasters to show up at PPVs anymore?
Take a cue from MLB. They ahd an Earthquake show up at the World Series.

Nobody respects this effort from WWE anymore. TNA has the market cornered with Jeff Hardy

Hanso Amore
03-14-2011, 05:52 PM
Back to the Title.

Way to tout your own point. You cant self gloss man. Calling your own point interesting (when in fact it is not) is like nicknaming yourself T BONE.

Lara Emily
03-14-2011, 05:54 PM
thedamndest had the correct response to that

Most of those listed were more respectable celebs then Snookie.

Jeritron
03-14-2011, 05:59 PM
I never agreed with you about the standard of celeb involvement to begin with, so why should it be relevant how respectable any of those celebs are compared to Snooki?

All of those celebs can land on whatever lettered list you choose to class them. The WWE has never had a higher standard than Snooki, and she's pretty damn famous atm for their standards in any era.
Just because they occasionally pulled stars that garner more respect, doesn't mean it's a lost motto. They would have done their best to book Snooki in 1985 or 1995.
They go for fame, relevance, and colorful characters that attract attention. They'll take what they can get.
The respectability is all your projection.

Hanso Amore
03-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Do you reall ythink they booked her for her respectability? I dont eat at Taco Bell because it is fancy, I eat there because it is food for 89 cents.

Snookie is famous right now for being a trashy skank whore. And tons of people watch that shit because it is such a train wreck. So the WWE is bringing her in, because it will draw a crowd, generate Buzz, and she will probably do anything.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THE DEBATE HERE

Jordan
03-14-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm done, bring the thread back up when the ratings come out.

BollywoodSingh
03-14-2011, 06:48 PM
Isn't Jersey Shore the most watched MTV program ever? I thought I read that somewhere. Regardless, it's one of the hottest things that's been on TV in the last year or two. To say that Snooki is not really famous is ridiculous. You have to be living under a rock to not know who she is.

#BROKEN Hasney
03-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Man they should just build a balcony above the ring one night and have Dame Judy Dench in it.'she could open the show with a "Where are the gladiators to appease me"'and just give random thumbs up or down after matches.

#BROKEN Hasney
03-14-2011, 06:54 PM
The fact a wrestling promotion hasn't tried to hire me yet is proof that no-one of any significance in the wrestling world posts here.

dronepool
03-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Isn't Jersey Shore the most watched MTV program ever? I thought I read that somewhere. Regardless, it's one of the hottest things that's been on TV in the last year or two. To say that Snooki is not really famous is ridiculous. You have to be living under a rock to not know who she is.

There are people who rarely watch TV and/or don't hang out on message boards so not knowing who she is isn't as weird as you think. Just cause its hot shit doesn't mean everybody should know or care about it.

I think her fame has more to do with media coverage and TMZ than the show.

Lock Jaw
03-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Furthermore, it is easy to know of Jersey Shore, but not of Snooki.

Juan
03-14-2011, 07:21 PM

The whole guest host thing last year has taught me that 99% of wrestling fans are not in tune with pop culture.

Hanso Amore
03-14-2011, 11:52 PM
Just about everyone i know is aware of Snooki and Jersey shore, so stop fucking trolling you muties.

Hanso Amore
03-14-2011, 11:53 PM
Though Dronepool is a Manson fan, which means he is about 10 years behind the time, and white trash, anyways.

The MAC
03-14-2011, 11:57 PM
Snooki is only famous in the usa. Most of the world have barely heard of her. I only know her because of tna try to get jersey show "stars"

BollywoodSingh
03-15-2011, 12:16 AM
Furthermore, it is easy to know of Jersey Shore, but not of Snooki.

I think most people know who Snooki and Situation are, even if they don't watch the show. The other cast members are not as popular though.

Lock Jaw
03-15-2011, 12:40 AM
I have never heard of "Situation".

Jordan
03-15-2011, 12:42 AM
I have never heard of "Situation".

Me either but I know who Snooki is.

XL
03-15-2011, 03:00 AM
Snooki is only famous in the usa. Most of the world have barely heard of her. I only know her because of tna try to get jersey show "stars"
BULL...SHIT!

I know who Snooki is and I live in England, where they show Jersey Shore on a weekly basis as a minimum (probably more if I cared to look it up).

Y'think people knew all these other guests hosts?

Bob Barker means shit outside of America. As do Al Sharpton, Ben Roethlisberger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Roethlisberger), Nancy O'Dell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_O%27Dell), Kyle Busch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Busch) and Joey Logano (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Logano), Mark Cuban (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Cuban), Dulé Hill (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dul%C3%A9_Hill), Carl Edwards (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Edwards), Jewel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewel_%28singer%29) and Ty Murray (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ty_Murray), Cheech & Chong (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheech_%26_Chong), Pete Rose (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Rose), Rob Corddry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Corddry), Clark Duke (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clark_Duke) and Craig Robinson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Robinson), Mark Feuerstein (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Feuerstein), Florence Henderson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florence_Henderson), Chad Ochocinco (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Ochocinco), Bobb'e J. Thompson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobb%27e_J._Thompson), Toby Keith (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toby_Keith), Paul Reubens (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Reubens), Ariel Winter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariel_Winter).

That's not to say that *I* don't know who half of those people are because I am pretty intune with moder/pop culture.

But you know why none of that matters? Because America is their MAIN AUDIENCE.

XL
03-15-2011, 03:04 AM
Before the Guest hosts I always thought WWE was higher up in the levels of the entertainment world. Other than in the USA was this perception that WWE could have actuall hollywood stars host Raw.

I mean at one stage they had Ali at wrestlemania then cut to Raw with all these lame asses hosting it. This guest host thing has shown the world just how little wrestling is valued. Can't even get anyone with world recognition.mmeh.
And this whole thread spawns from this quite frankly ridiculous notion that WWE was high up in the entertainment world.

Seriously, who - aside from MAC - thought WWE wasn't pretty much the "Black Sheep" of the entertainment world?

This forum is quickly becoming unbearable.

The MAC
03-15-2011, 04:37 AM
okay,

Most of us in other parts of the world get a localized M-TV and not Snooki and co.

Besides, is Jersey Shore PG?

Look I no way expected WWE to be as high rated as House or Boston Legal but I didn't think it would be JUST slightly above some of the other trash on tv. I mean their production value is high, they are international but they rank so low.

You see wrestlers on other shows , like Hulk on the roast of Hasslehoff and wasn't exactl the "big get" for the show.

I guess its a matter of perspective, I'm not from the states so to me American TV trends tend no to apply.

XL
03-15-2011, 05:28 AM
What does that have to do with your original (and ridiculous) post?

Which, by the way, is by no means "interesting" at all.

The MAC
03-15-2011, 06:57 AM
firstly, if it was so uninteresting why the hell did you even bother replying to this thread?

All I'm saying is that for foreigners such as myself the perception of WWE and wrestling was that is was much more higher up than it actually is. The quality, or lack thereof , in guests lifts that veil. What is wrong in saying that?

Some of you just need to chill the fuck out. Your opinion is only YOUR opinion.

seapig4
03-15-2011, 07:51 AM
Jesus, most people on here need to get laid and stop being so up tight.

Snookie doesn't equal ratings and neither does the Jersey Shore, if it did TNA would have got ratings from it.

This is fucking sports entertainment and like it or not it is seen by the entertainment business as a joke and hence there ain't gonna be any creditable celebs on ANY show.

XL
03-15-2011, 07:51 AM
Precisely.

Your misguided opinion is that WWE was seen as something to be held in esteem in the field of entertainment. I have no idea what made you think this in the first place because you haven't made that all too clear.

You're also passing YOUR opinion off as that of others. I'm a "foreigner" in so far as I'm not from the US but I don't share your take on WWE's place in the entertainment spectrum. It doesn't come off as anything but good ol' wrasslin' to me.

This "revelation" that it isn't held in such regard, due to the caliber of Guest Host/Star is pretty moot as you're the only one that seems to think that wrestling is held in any kind of esteem by "Hollywood". Therefore it's only "interesting" to you.

And why did I reply? To call you on your shit. That's what I do.

XL
03-15-2011, 07:56 AM
Jesus, most people on here need to get laid and stop being so up tight.

Snookie doesn't equal ratings and neither does the Jersey Shore, if it did TNA would have got ratings from it.

This is fucking sports entertainment and like it or not it is seen by the entertainment business as a joke and hence there ain't gonna be any creditable celebs on ANY show.
No. People need to stop being moromic on here. Period.

The opening post is assanine and then the thread somehow managed to degenerate from there. Arguments about what consitutes being a celeb and what doesn't. He said/She said. And a whole host of posts about Snooki despite the fact that there is already a thread on the subject of her being on Raw.

In fact, The MAC's opinion could have gone it there and this thread need not have existed in the first place. Now we have the same discussion going on in two threads.

XL
03-15-2011, 07:57 AM
And I got laid last night and again this morning so I'm good. Ta.

Jordan
03-15-2011, 08:07 AM
And I got laid last night and again this morning so I'm good. Ta.

Hurry and squeeze another one in before the pills wear off.

XL
03-15-2011, 08:51 AM
LOL.

Too late, she's gone now. Could only afford the "Overnight Service". :shifty:

Kane Knight
03-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Aww...I missed the A-List argument. It's adorable some people atually believe Snookie's A-List.

Are people going to tune in to see the wreck that is SNooki on RAW - SHIT YES

And it will get press.

What at all would they do with someone Legit? Who really wants to someone like Kevin Spacey or any other A LISTER stand around and not really want to be on Raw. They are above,

The WWE is a spectacle and thye want to book celebrities that ARE just that. Not someone famous.

I dont get the debate here.

I think that still neatly misses the point. From Tyson to Snookie.

I think the only people who are bringing up the likes of Stewart or Streep are the folks who are trying to create a ridiculous version of the "other side's" argument in order to appear to easily defeat said argument.

This thread certainly wasn't about how they used to have the likes of Sir Ian McKellan or Michael Caine, but about how they used to have the likes of Tyson, and now they have shitty reality TV stars and guys who are only famous because they fucked someone famous.

Before you fuckwads start crying about all sorts of shit I didn't say, let's get some things I actually believe out of the way.

Snookie will benefit Raw. She will benefit Raw more than most of the guest hosts.
80% of the people bitching about her being on the show tuned in. I'm sure they will try and take some sort of high ground, like they were watching it "ironically," but they're hypocrites. Moving on.
Snookie still won't benefit Raw like a serious household name. Snookie will play out with Raw Is Trailer Parks, yes. There will be some crossover, yes. there will not be a huge intro to pro wrestling.
And when I say "household name," I do not mean Patrick Stewart, Meryl Streep, or whatever bullshit someone wants to make up to distort the argument.

Yes, I know the shit already happened, but I'll wait for actual ratings, not the asspull ones that Ruan Clark pulls from a more reputable sheet that still doesn't match the actual Nielsen ratings. Hence the predictive statements.

Hanso Amore
03-15-2011, 10:23 AM
I think the drop from TYSON TO SNOOKIE is less of an indictment of the WWE and more of a statement on our society.

Hanso Amore
03-15-2011, 10:24 AM
And lets not act like Tyson is this amazing star. He was a guy who bit someones ear off and was in prison for rape. That was his allure. Not that much better than "Famous for fucking someone famous"

seapig4
03-15-2011, 10:27 AM
I think the drop from TYSON TO SNOOKIE is less of an indictment of the WWE and more of a statement on our society.

Amen to that

Kane Knight
03-15-2011, 12:13 PM

Society's always going down the tubes. Plus, I love how you basically flip the script and take the opposite side.

And lets not act like Tyson is this amazing star. He was a guy who bit someones ear off and was in prison for rape. That was his allure. Not that much better than "Famous for fucking someone famous"

And if he were just some random schlub who bit someone's ear, you'd have a point. The narrative was his fall from grace, which requires he actually be, you know...In grace.

You can't fall from somewhere you ain't never been.

Tyson was already a household name, and continued to be, amazingly. It's not that taking a chunk out of a boxer did nothing, but it's not the whole story. It'd be like pretending Mel Gibson was famous for his rants, ignoring what actually put him into the spotlight for the rants to gain attention. Or Charlie Sheen and that couple of movies people sorta liked before he started going all batshit crazy.

But hey, why tell the whole story? I keep forgetting, honesty has no place in the wrestling forum.

On that note, John Cena is an A-List celebrity, the best technical wrestler in the world, and a legit shoot fighter who could take on all comers in MMA.

What? But I really, really want it to be true!

Disclaimer: Kane Knight does nto really, really want this to be true.

Hanso Amore
03-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Tyson WAS a household name 8 years prior. THen He went to jail for rape, and then got out and bit a guys ear off.

The WWE didnt bring him in as a celebrity, they brought him in as a CONTROVERSIAL celebrity. And thye brought him in to the biggest show of the year for 3 million.

I just dont see it as a huge step down to have SNooki at raw. I cannot wait to see her fat ass look horrible on Raw.

Supreme Olajuwon
03-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Is this really 115 posts arguing about celebrities?

Jesus fucking christ.

Supreme Olajuwon
03-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Snooki is really, really famous. What else is there to argue?

Supreme Olajuwon
03-15-2011, 12:36 PM
And how anybody who posts in this forum can get up on their pedestal and complain about the state of society is beyond me.

Fignuts
03-15-2011, 12:48 PM
I have never seen a full episode of Jersey Shore, yet I know who all the characters are. Snooki is one of the most recognizable celebrities they have had with this guest host thing.

Deal with it.

Supreme Olajuwon
03-15-2011, 01:05 PM
I don't understand why so many posters here feel like because they don't like someone, they have to argue against everything about that person including blatantly obvious facts. Hulk Hogan wasn't important, Snooki isn't famous. Who gives a shit? Are these the arguments that you use to develop your opinions of the world? If so, please go get yourself sterilized so you don't infect anyone else.

Innovator
03-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Yup, these are our posters.

dronepool
03-15-2011, 01:35 PM

I can actually agree with that. For some reason society see something in her.