PDA

View Full Version : Here's a tag team idea

Theo Dious
03-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Forgive me if it's been said before.

Santino Marella and Stevie Richards would make an awesome tag team. Present them as total goof-offs outside of the ring and totally dangerous inside it. Kind of like Jericho and Christian were a few years ago, except even less serious outside the ring and even more dangerous in it. Bring in Lance Storm to manage them; while they're backstage goofing off you have Storm giving interviews about how they're the most dangerous pair of wrestlers in the world.

Grablot
03-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Wouldnt this gimmick work better with Santino and Vladmir Kozlov no need to hire Richard?

EDWARD
03-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Wouldnt this gimmick work better with Santino and Vladmir Kozlov no need to hire Richard?

That's what I thought was going on.

Majunior
03-15-2011, 04:24 PM
The issue is, despite his comedy spots, I still don't think most people see Koslov as a goof. I know I don't. The straightman -- usually unwittingly -- to Santino's comedy schtick yes, but not a goof himself.

That's where Richards comes in. (And I do feel there are other options outside of just Richards for a team like this, but I see where the OP is going.)

I actually think it would be amusing, as well as a decent gimmick, the real issue is that tag teams are such an afterthought. With the exception of stables (Nexus) and main event storyline temporary team ups, you just don't get much in the way of tag team action in WWE.

Sycophant
03-15-2011, 04:30 PM
They need to just do away with the tag team division instead of letting it hang on by life support. The tag team division is a ghost of what it used to be and WWE has made it abundantly clear that their focus is not on the tag titles or their credibility. Every time you have a decent team, it seems they can't wait to break it up. Meanwhile, the only actual tag team that I can think of that isn't the result of a stable or people being randomly paired together are the Uso's and they get ZERO crowd reaction.

Nicky Fives
03-15-2011, 06:08 PM
If I could be serious for a minute...... not a bad idea..... won't happen though :(

MoFo
03-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Wut.

Santino & Mark Henry wud be better. Make Santino into the new D'lo, being Sexual Chocolates wingman and chatting up butch girls in bars for him.

Theo Dious
03-15-2011, 10:24 PM

I want two guys who will constantly be out-goofing each other, not a goof and a goof-in-training.

Mr. C
03-19-2011, 01:38 AM
Speaking of Mark Henry and tag teams, I'm pretty surprised that they don't just throw him in a team with R-Truth. Neither are doing anything currently, and there's only, what, 3 teams (Corre, Marella/Kozlov, Usos)?

Could definitely see them two coming out to Truth's theme, and when they get in the ring, Truth does his "What's up," and Henry raises his arms as the crowd replies, "What's up?" I'm sure that they'd be quite popular together. :y:

Mr. Nerfect
03-19-2011, 07:14 AM
Santino Marella & Vladimir Kozlov are fine together. You just need more teams. The WWE has teased several teams, but just won't commit to them:

Dragon-Hart
Yoshi Tatsu & David Hart Smith have been teaming together on Superstars with mixed results. Have Yoshi Tatsu changed his attire to match DH Smith's, and let them finish off opponents with a modified Hart Attack, where Yoshi Tatsu comes off with his spinning heel kick from the top rope while Smith is holding the opponent.

Team DZP
Either they are a team or they are not. Personally, I feel that they should perhaps stick Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins back together now that they have different personalities, and neither is really going anywhere. While Primo's cousin is down in FCW, I would rather see Tito Colon were his mask as Epico and team with Hunico as Los Aviadores. They could be a huge face team on SmackDown!.

Tyson Kidd & Lucky Cannon
I am optimistic that Kidd has a bright future in the WWE, but right now his skills might be better used in the tag team scene, with a heel that has no chance of winning NXT 5, but could at least get a boost from teaming with a great ring worker like Kidd.

The Truth Slayers
As his prize for winning NXT 4, Johnny Curtis will receive a WWE Tag Team Title shot with his Pro, R-Truth. This could be the best shot in the arm the tag team scene has scene in a while, since R-Truth is pretty fucking over, and Curtis is not yet seen as someone who cannot amount to much.

The South Beach Boys
Why not? Darren Young has got a great chance of getting over with NXT; but that could be a great help to the tag team scene, while Percy Watson perfects his ring skills.

Chavo Guerrero & Primo Colon
I just think that these two guys could have a great chemistry -- coming from two famous wrestling families. Stick them with Shaul Guerrero and Juliet the Huntress (who Carlos Colon trained), and you could get them over quite easily as a plucky babyface team to appeal to Hispanic audiences.

Dirk Ziggler
03-20-2011, 05:37 AM
Bring back the Road Warriors...Oh wait