PDA

View Full Version : Jericho has never led a stable...

Jeritron
03-19-2011, 02:43 AM
...in his entire career. Unless you count Fozzy.

I think this is a huge missed oppurtunity and something that would be total gold. It's also something new, fresh, and likely important for him to do when he returns.

Jeritron
03-19-2011, 02:46 AM
He's also never worked a really focused storyline with Vince.
He's also never been an authority figure. Given his character that would be something of a "drunk with power" saga.

Maybe all 3 can happen at once. I'd love to see a program where he aligns with an increasingly crazy Vince McMahon and they go on a mutual-fellating egomaniacal reign of terror for a while, and sneaky Jericho ultimately swindles him out of control.
Stable optional.

Jeritron
03-19-2011, 03:05 AM
In this hypothetical WWE climate, I would have Jericho and Punk's stables both exist on the show.

By that time, whatever iteration of Punk's Nexus would have cooled off even more, and wouldn't exist on the same level, or in conjunction with Jericho's stable.

Instead, it would be allowed to exist beneath it, seperately on the show, because Jericho and Punk like eachother.
Jericho's would be the dominant, oppressive stable. The members would more be using eachother for power, whereas Punk would actually have his members believing in his preaching.
Punk's would be more of a cult that had it's own interests and feuds, and was called in for favors by Jericho and Co.

It would be a similar dynamic to how The McMahon Helmsley Regime and The Radicalz got along.
Only difference being that Punk's Nexus would be a bit stronger.

As for the face stable that would go against them? John Cena and all you fans! Just kidding.
No more stables, just strong and united faces. Also probably a good oppurtunity to make some big face turns of heels that are equally oppressed by Jericho's stable. i.e. Sheamus.

JoMo would also be a top ranking member in Jericho's stable and true badass/dickhead.

JeriNoid out for now. Feel free to add ideas or comment.

GD
03-19-2011, 05:37 AM
This is probably one of the better threads that I have read in a while. I couldn't agree more. Chris Jericho has had associations with Christian, Edge and Big Show but he has never led a stable.

I would like to see Jericho lead a face stable since there hasn't been one in a while other than that of DX. But I would prefer the "self-righteous honest man" gimmick over the Y2J gimmick. And I would like to see Evan Bourne, John Morrison and Big Show as a part of the stable.

Mr. Nerfect
03-19-2011, 07:03 AM
I mentioned in another thread the idea of Chris Jericho returning as the new leader of the Nexus -- leading them against Randy Orton and CM Punk -- who have either been directly responsible for hurting them, or failed to lead them effectively. That could work, in my opinion.

Another option, and I certainly would not call them this, is to have Chris Jericho form a sort of "Four Horseman" style stable. In FCW, you have a guy going by the ring name "Mike Dalton." He's actually a trainee of Lance Storm, and actually has an interesting old-school Chris Jericho look to him. Bring up the Australian chick that the WWE has signed, who also trained under Storm, and perhaps Rick Viktor, who trained with The Harts. I wouldn't go "pro-Canadian" with them, but they could be the ties that bind, so to speak.

Snowden
03-19-2011, 11:36 AM
I'd love for Jericho to form some sort of stable, I think him doing so could both elevate his own profile, and he's do wonders for the guys below him.

I could imagine Jericho cutting a promo in the middle of the ring, doing his "Honest Man" shtick, and someone's music hitting. Instead of them coming out and trying to beat the piss out of Jericho (say this was an upper mid card face, maybe JoMo like Jeri suggested), they start talking about how they've listened to what Y2Js been saying for awhile, and you know what, it makes complete sense. Have the two shake hands after some kind of verbal circle jerk and then have them leave together.

As the weeks go by, JoMo and Jericho come to the ring together, maybe even capturing the tag titles. Have Jericho "call up" someone as his bodyguard...a wrestler he claims sees through all the bullshit of the people. Have a couple of lower card guys approach JoMo and Jericho backstage, someone like Tyson Kidd, who end up buying into the group. Boom, organically formed stable.

Wolfpack423
03-19-2011, 12:22 PM
True, the only time he really came close too leading a stable was when he Christian and Lance Storm formed a team in late 2001-early 2002 when he was champion.

Aguakate
03-19-2011, 01:50 PM
I think it's a testament to his greatness, the fact he's always done everything on his own, without the help of a stable.

erickman
03-19-2011, 02:13 PM
what about teem ralphes

Onyx
03-19-2011, 04:21 PM
If they were going to give Jericho a stable, shortly after his last return with the "Save Us" gimmick would have been an opportune time. A stable of people he "saved" much like anything CM PUNK has done recently. Jericho is too good solo though, so I don't see the WWE giving him a stable at this point, if and when he returns.

Snowden
03-19-2011, 05:01 PM
I think it would be less of a true "stable" and more of a loose association of guys who Jericho leads.

Emperor Smeat
03-19-2011, 05:10 PM
He's never really led a group beyond 1-2 other wrestlers but the best time for him to have led a stable would defintely be the time was a pro to Barrett on NXT.

Wade Barrett ended up learning all the bad stuff Jericho taught and used it to form the Nexus. It could have been better to have Jericho been the "higher power" Barrett was talking about especially when Jericho was bragging for weeks of him being responsible for Nexus.

Jordan
03-20-2011, 12:18 AM
Hey Jeritron, it's a good idea but we have seen it before, here's an idea to freshen it up. More cowbell.

Lock Jaw
03-20-2011, 12:26 AM
As long as it has Ralphus

Aguakate
03-20-2011, 12:30 AM
Hey Jeritron, it's a good idea but we have seen it before, here's an idea to freshen it up. More cowbell.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BjsUf_oIgp0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Nerfect
03-20-2011, 09:15 AM
I mentioned in another thread the idea of Chris Jericho returning as the new leader of the Nexus -- leading them against Randy Orton and CM Punk -- who have either been directly responsible for hurting them, or failed to lead them effectively. That could work, in my opinion.

Another option, and I certainly would not call them this, is to have Chris Jericho form a sort of "Four Horseman" style stable. In FCW, you have a guy going by the ring name "Mike Dalton." He's actually a trainee of Lance Storm, and actually has an interesting old-school Chris Jericho look to him. Bring up the Australian chick that the WWE has signed, who also trained under Storm, and perhaps Rick Viktor, who trained with The Harts. I wouldn't go "pro-Canadian" with them, but they could be the ties that bind, so to speak.

After revising this, I would suggest that Tyson Kidd and Lucky Cannon were in his stable, perhaps in place of Rick Viktor.

Dirk Ziggler
03-20-2011, 02:37 PM
http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/c/chrisjericho/78.jpg

Boom, there you go Jeritron. Jericho and Rufus connection.

DLVH84
03-20-2011, 07:45 PM
Actually, Chris Jericho was in a stable in WAR in Japan in the mid-1990s. He was part of Fuyuki-gun with Kodo Fuyuki, Jado, and Gedo.

Lock Jaw
03-20-2011, 07:54 PM
But did he LEAD it?

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Jericho was the leader of my group called the Elite. It was in a Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010 story called "The Party's Over."

Jericho led a group of Smackdown heels like Drew Mac (caw) and Dolph Ziggler. There was another one in the group but it's been a year so I forgot.

He was sort of one of the leaders of Team WWF during the alliance invasion does that count?

Jordan
03-20-2011, 08:00 PM
Jericho was the leader of my group called the Elite. It was in a Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010 story called "The Party's Over."

Jericho led a group of Smackdown heels like Drew Mac (caw) and Dolph Ziggler. There was another one in the group but it's been a year so I forgot.

He was sort of one of the leaders of Team WWF during the alliance invasion does that count?

No it doesn't.

DLVH84
03-20-2011, 08:00 PM
But did he LEAD it?

No, but he did play a great role in the group.

And years ago, I thought he was part of the Un-Americans with Storm, Regal, Christian, and Test.

dingdongyo
03-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Maybe all 3 can happen at once. I'd love to see a program where he aligns with an increasingly crazy Vince McMahon and they go on a mutual-fellating egomaniacal reign of terror for a while, and sneaky Jericho ultimately swindles him out of control.
Stable optional.

this would be pretty fun. i'm kinda "meh" when it comes to stables though, i would rather see him back on his own.

Dirk Ziggler
03-21-2011, 02:49 AM
I'm pretty sure I ended the discussion of this thread with the Jericho Rufus Connection comment.

Before you say two people don't make a stable...D-X. That is all.

Jeritron
03-21-2011, 03:11 AM
DX had Chyna, and even Rick Rude at first

Dirk Ziggler
03-21-2011, 03:37 AM
2010 D-X then

Jeritron
03-21-2011, 04:30 AM
The one with the tag titles?

Asmo
03-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Jericho should lead a 4 Horsemen / Evolution-esque stable. I'd include Daniel Bryan, and probably the Hart Dynasty there. Oh wait. But no hints of a Canadian angle to it, although a stable like that would definitely lead to a USA/Canada angle.

Lock Jaw
03-21-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm pretty sure I ended the discussion of this thread with the Jericho Rufus Connection comment.

Before you say two people don't make a stable...D-X. That is all.

Rufus? RUFUS?!