PDA

View Full Version : Should I give TNA another chance?

Graveler
03-21-2011, 08:13 PM
I haven't watched TNA since Hogan became a onscreen personality. I was pretty peeved at the removal of the 6-sided ring and went on a TNA hate bandwagon. Now, I wonder whether I should give it another try. Sure some of the storylines are stupid, but so are storylines about the elderly giving birth to human hands. What do you all think? Is it worth it?

Londoner
03-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Why not try and see for yourself? Its not that big of a decision!

Aguakate
03-21-2011, 08:18 PM
^^^^
Exactly.

YoungFlyFlashy
03-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Yes. Do not get your opinions changed because of the hatred on TPWW, the internet hates everything that makes money (or anything above "underground" or in this case "independent"). They love ROH now, but if they ever got big, the IWC would turn on them in a heartbeat. If TNA's tv deal went away, I bet you we would get TNA love here.

I watch IMPACT the same way I watch Raw & SD!, fast forward to what I want, watch, delete, and move on. Technology is a beast, so week in and week out wrestling was great for me, no complaints.

Londoner
03-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Oh good, more IWC bashing.

Jordan
03-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Mae Young's hand birthing was funny.

Fignuts
03-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Lots of people on tpww don't like ROH, chikara, puroresu, etc.

In fact most people here don't watch it.

YoungFlyFlashy
03-21-2011, 08:29 PM
Lots of people on tpww don't like ROH, chikara, puroresu, etc.

In fact most people here don't watch it.

I am sure most people here watch only WWE, even the ones that say they watch all that other stuff.

Lara Emily
03-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Yes. Do not get your opinions changed because of the hatred on TPWW, the internet hates everything that makes money (or anything above "underground" or in this case "independent"). They love ROH now, but if they ever got big, the IWC would turn on them in a heartbeat. If TNA's tv deal went away, I bet you we would get TNA love here.

I watch IMPACT the same way I watch Raw & SD!, fast forward to what I want, watch, delete, and move on. Technology is a beast, so week in and week out wrestling was great for me, no complaints.

Right it's the IWC and not TNA that's the problem :roll:

Aguakate
03-21-2011, 08:38 PM

Yeah, but the IWC does that about pretty much every topic...

...they'll support someone who's coming up and then turn on them when that someone gets pushed...just as they'll rip someone who's coming up and then praise that someone gets his push...

...happens all the time.

MoFo
03-21-2011, 08:38 PM
the internet hates everything that makes money

What.

loopydate
03-21-2011, 08:46 PM
I wouldn't, but like has been said before it's your call.

TNA is probably at an all-time creative low right now, which is a shame considering the amount of talent on that roster.

Londoner
03-21-2011, 08:48 PM
I wouldn't, but like has been said before it's your call.

TNA is probably at an all-time creative low right now, which is a shame considering the amount of talent on that roster.

OH NOEZ, YET ANOTHER HATER FROM THE IWC!!!11111

Nicky Fives
03-21-2011, 09:02 PM
I've watched TNA from the beginning, so I am used to the constant rollercaoster of a ride..... I watch for the people I care to see compete and is occasionally surprised with what I see on TV (Jeff & Karen Jarrett versus Kurt Angle feud)...... Of course, there are a shiton more clusterfucks and crappy ideas, but those are to be expected by any organization run creatively by Vince Russo......

So long story short..... watch and episode for yourself, then complain about what you have just seen here on TP-Dub like I and everyone else here does....

St. Jimmy
03-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Nah bra. Nah.

Heisenberg
03-21-2011, 10:58 PM
I DVR it, it's pretty bad. The only thing I can say about TNA is the house shows are awesome and very interactive and until they get rid of the WCW vibe it's going to be ran into the ground and off television within a couple of years. Don't waste your time brother

SuperSlim
03-21-2011, 10:59 PM
Yeah, but the IWC does that about pretty much every topic...

...they'll support someone who's coming up and then turn on them when that someone gets pushed...just as they'll rip someone who's coming up and then praise that someone gets his push...

...happens all the time.

It isn't that the IWC rips and starts hating on someone as soon as they get pushed. It's in the manner that they are getting pushed. It's the complete character overhaul that happens with that person when they get pushed big that they don't like.

It isn't like... oh that guy is so good we love him. Oh no he is the champion now we hate him blah blah blah. We watch until they become something we don't like then we complain and find someone else that we like and root them on. And watch them until they become something we don't like then rinse and repeat process endlessly.

So it isn't the person themselves... it's the character that they are having to portray.

But as far as TNA goes... eh. it's whatever.

Londoner
03-22-2011, 07:01 AM
It isn't that the IWC rips and starts hating on someone as soon as they get pushed. It's in the manner that they are getting pushed. It's the complete character overhaul that happens with that person when they get pushed big that they don't like.

It isn't like... oh that guy is so good we love him. Oh no he is the champion now we hate him blah blah blah. We watch until they become something we don't like then we complain and find someone else that we like and root them on. And watch them until they become something we don't like then rinse and repeat process endlessly.

So it isn't the person themselves... it's the character that they are having to portray.

But as far as TNA goes... eh. it's whatever.

Exactly right. Finally some common sense rather than mindless bashing of the IWC.

#BROKEN Hasney
03-22-2011, 07:46 AM
Sure. Maybe you start liking it. Maybe they'll screw you out of an advertised main event that even if you hadn't paid for it, you wish you had that time back.

Either way, you'll be shouting about how shit it is in under 3 months.

GD
03-22-2011, 03:05 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-n1NxhSgywo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kareru
03-22-2011, 05:53 PM
you should watch man

there's a reason why it's the highest rated wrestling show

addy2hotty
03-22-2011, 08:00 PM
I haven't watched TNA since Hogan became a onscreen personality. I was pretty peeved at the removal of the 6-sided ring and went on a TNA hate bandwagon. Now, I wonder whether I should give it another try. Sure some of the storylines are stupid, but so are storylines about the elderly giving birth to human hands. What do you all think? Is it worth it?

I've been reasonably entertained by it for about the last two months. The production values are pretty awful in comparison to the WWE, but they have a few ongoing storylines that aren't so bad.

Anderson's character is quite entertaining, especially recently after being denied a rematch so often. Fortune are pretty good and don't take up the show as they are a group. The Beautiful People mini-storyline is quite entertaining in a 'beyond Velvet Sky's breasts' kinda way.

The ending to last weeks Impact was very well done. It's obviously a way behind the WWE and will unlikely divert my viewing forever, but it's not a bad watch.

Dark-Slicer Diago
03-22-2011, 08:33 PM
you should watch man

there's a reason why it's the highest rated wrestling show

If you honestly think that, watch the vid Desi posted, it proves that the statement you made is wrong as what happened a mere week ago at Victory Road with Sting/Jeff and Anderson/RVD was in my honest opinion worse than ALMOST EVERYTHING on RAW this year.

kareru
03-22-2011, 09:30 PM
If you honestly think that, watch the vid Desi posted, it proves that the statement you made is wrong as what happened a mere week ago at Victory Road with Sting/Jeff and Anderson/RVD was in my honest opinion worse than ALMOST EVERYTHING on RAW this year.

it's not what i think, it's fact

loopydate
03-22-2011, 09:33 PM
It's true. Now that World <s>Wrestling</s> Entertainment is no longer a wrestling company, Impact is the highest-rated wrestling show on TV.

Xero
03-22-2011, 09:36 PM
TNA has the best pro wrestling writing on TV today.

TNA has the most coherent wrestling storylines on TV today.

VSG
03-22-2011, 09:43 PM
What!

The Pope
03-23-2011, 09:38 AM
Should I give walking to the store another chance?

Mr. Nerfect
03-25-2011, 03:01 AM
I'd give TNA another chance. If you enjoy them now, you'll absolutely love them when they start getting good.