PDA

View Full Version : Epsiodes you hate from shows you love (or like).

Savio
03-22-2011, 10:03 PM
Simpsons

Bart gets chased by a dog and finds a hero who is an alcoholic
Bart moons the flag, simpsonsgo to prison

Doug

Family goes on road trip and stops at every billboard

Family Guy

Peter friends Tom Brady and joins the Patriots

Lock Jaw
03-22-2011, 10:29 PM
First thing that came to mind was that one episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer where she is in the hospital and there is this creepy invisible dude that only sick people can see.

Don't like it because it gave me nightmares when I first watched it when I was younger. Stopped watching Buffy because of it.

dronepool
03-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Mostly Christmas/Thanksgiving/Singing centric episodes are ones I usually dislike.

Xero
03-22-2011, 10:56 PM
I never liked the Vogler episodes of House. When I first saw them, I thought it was because I didn't like House being the one being controlled, but I liked the Tritter episodes. Maybe it was just too early in the series for a storyline like that coming up.

PapaGeorgio
03-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Dream episodes in Sopranos.

Somewhat hate the boring episode where the chased the fly around in Breaking Bad. Had its purpose but meh.

Kane Knight
03-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Doctor Who--Love and Monsters.

Easily the worst episode of the revived series.

PapaGeorgio
03-22-2011, 11:46 PM
Doctor Who--Love and Monsters.

Easily the worst episode of the revived series.

Was like oh which episode is that, better google it. While going to google was like which Doctor Who episode was just awful, saw the results and yeah got to agree on that one.

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-23-2011, 01:32 AM
Star Trek TNG: All Troi and Wesley Crusher centric episodes.

Fignuts
03-23-2011, 01:59 AM
Any Futurama episode involving Flexo.

Jeritron
03-23-2011, 02:05 AM
Mostly Christmas/Thanksgiving/Singing centric episodes are ones I usually dislike.

You bastard.

Vox Populi
03-23-2011, 02:47 AM
Dream episodes in Sopranos.

Sort of on that note, the episode where Livia's death, which had already happened in real life, was written into the show with painfully forced b-reel footage and a visibly uncomfortable Gandolfini basically talking to a chair and ad-libbing pretty badly ("DON'T WAVE YOUR HANKY AT ME!") sticks out like a sore thumb. Worst of the series to me by a country mile.

Jeritron
03-23-2011, 03:36 AM
After David Duchovny left the X-Files, the mythology episodes were still decent since they accounted for his absence and made the best of it. But the regular, monster of the week episodes suffered big time.
I liked Robert Patrick, and didn't really like Annabeth Gish. Either way watching the two of them investigate cases wasn't very fun.
I still haven't seen a lot of those episodes, and the ones I have you could say I "hate" for their lack of Mulder.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-23-2011, 08:04 AM
Nobody better mention the Exposé episode of Lost. Yeah Nikki and Paulo were bad characters, and their scenes in previous episodes were a bit cringe-worthy, but their actual episode was pretty good I thought. Decent backstory to them, good sideplot with Sawyer, Hurley etc trying to figure out how they died as well as Charlie revealing it was him who abducted Sun, and the twist ending. Good stuff.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-23-2011, 08:04 AM
Oh, but Stranger in a Strange Land is bad.

MoFo
03-23-2011, 10:35 AM
The fairytale one in Scrubs.

Any Lost episode based around Sun or Jin.

Xero
03-23-2011, 10:49 AM
I usually hate multiple story episodes of The Simpsons if it's not Treehouse of Horrors.

The one exception I can think of was that episode with like 25 "mini" episodes/stories.

Next Big Thing
03-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Honestly, I hated the Michael centric episodes of Lost.

Doctor Who Love and Monsters was pretty shitty too.

Anything with Meg from Family Guy sucks too.

Innovator
03-23-2011, 04:27 PM
The Futurama episode with the dog.

Gertner
03-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Any Simpsons episode revolving around Lisa.

Gertner
03-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Any Futurama episode.

Fixed.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-23-2011, 04:40 PM
The Saved By The Bell episode when Zack kissed Lisa. HOW COULD HE DO THAT TO SCREECH?!?!!

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-23-2011, 07:11 PM
The Saved By The Bell episode when Zack kissed Lisa. HOW COULD HE DO THAT TO SCREECH?!?!!

Also it never led to anything it was just a one-episode fling. Zack is such a prick.

Vox Populi
03-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Family Guy

Peter friends Tom Brady and joins the Patriots

While that as the main story is genuinely awful, the whole "where's my money, man?" side story pretty much makes up for it.

Eklipse
03-23-2011, 09:11 PM
All episodes of Family Guy/Robot Chicken based on the Star Wars movies.

Simmo Fortyone
03-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Any Simpsons episode revolving around Lisa.

Oh god a thousand times yes. One exception - Lisa's Rival (the one with that girl that is smarter than her) because of the subplot with Homer stealing the truckload of sugar.

Also the Halloween episodes.

Any episode of Season 9 in Scrubs where Zack Braff stuck his stupid nose in. In the later seasons JD was becoming more and more of a smarmy prick, but the "finale" wrapped it all up beautifully. I wanted to give the new look a chance, but JD had to come in and fuck it all up for everyone by being a giant wanker. Killed the series.

Jeritron
03-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Lisa is great. I felt like you guys for years but I really love her centric episodes (from seasons 1-10 of course)

Don't really watch any Simpsons episodes post-season 10

VSG
03-23-2011, 10:56 PM
Seriously feel like neg-repping anyone who said a LOST episode was bad.

Ok, not anymore.

XL
03-24-2011, 06:08 AM
Nobody better mention the Exposé episode of Lost. Yeah Nikki and Paulo were bad characters, and their scenes in previous episodes were a bit cringe-worthy, but their actual episode was pretty good I thought. Decent backstory to them, good sideplot with Sawyer, Hurley etc trying to figure out how they died as well as Charlie revealing it was him who abducted Sun, and the twist ending. Good stuff.
:y::y:

Simmo Fortyone
03-24-2011, 07:07 AM
Seriously feel like neg-repping anyone who said a LOST episode was bad.

Ok, not anymore.
They're right, though. Some of them are ordinary.

wwe2222
03-24-2011, 10:42 AM

As a stand alone episode, it was very good. Very Twilight Zone to me. However, it just stuck out badly in the series.

Boomer
03-24-2011, 01:17 PM
The Martin Short episode of Arrested Development is an episode that I fight with myself over; it has some funny moments, but I really hate the Bullet character, and didn't much like the slapstick humor.

Gertner
03-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Any episodes of Intervention involving Alcoholism. Give me Crack and Meth or give me nothing!

Lock Jaw
03-24-2011, 01:59 PM
The Martin Short episode of Arrested Development is an episode that I fight with myself over; it has some funny moments, but I really hate the Bullet character, and didn't much like the slapstick humor.

Loved that episode and the slapstick humor.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-24-2011, 02:07 PM
The episode of Buffy from Season 7 that had all the girls attracted to one guy because of his jock jacket. Just not a very good episode, as well as that storyline pretty much being a repeat of a Season 2 episode.

Savio
03-24-2011, 02:20 PM
While that as the main story is genuinely awful, the whole "where's my money, man?" side story pretty much makes up for it.
The "Shapoopie" or what ever song its called reallllly cancels that out and then some.

Riker
03-24-2011, 02:25 PM
The episode of Fresh Prince when his Dad Abandons him again.

Fuck all that noise. I want to see Carlton Dance!

Vox Populi
03-24-2011, 03:37 PM
The "Shapoopie" or what ever song its called reallllly cancels that out and then some.

I'd somehow managed to legitimately block that from my memory, but yeah, now that you mention it, you're right. Possibly the lowpoint of the entire series.

Well...

All episodes of Family Guy/Robot Chicken based on the Star Wars movies.

...maybe aside from these.

Any episodes of Intervention involving Alcoholism. Give me Crack and Meth or give me nothing!

There are exceptions to this sometimes. I give you Mouthwash Woman as exhibit A.

MVP
03-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Any episode of The Simpsons involving Artie Ziff.

G
03-24-2011, 05:10 PM
backwards episode of seinfeld. started off with the wedding in india, and ended with elaine getting the invitation.

thedamndest
03-24-2011, 05:15 PM
It actually ended with Jerry moving into the building.

Nowhere Man
03-24-2011, 05:41 PM
The 'New Caprica' episodes of Battlestar Galactica. They were always pretty decent about alluding to modern post-9/11 mentality and politics without just getting on a soapbox for most of the show, but then they just apparently went "fuck it, let's do Iraq in space" for the third season.

(although I will say the actual rescue mission/battle at the end of it was fucking amazing)

Kane Knight
03-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Was like oh which episode is that, better google it. While going to google was like which Doctor Who episode was just awful, saw the results and yeah got to agree on that one.

I actually tend to forget the episode.

BUT, recently someone complained about it, complete with a link to Nash from tGWTG reviewing it, and I was like, "FUCK."

Jeritron
03-24-2011, 08:53 PM
Or the one where Hurley spent 40 minutes trying to start a van,.

Blashphemy! That's one of my favorite episodes. There's a lot more going on in that episode than him trying to start a van.
It's probably the episode that has the least going on in terms of the overall story. But the character development in it is great. It's nice to see the characters in that episode enjoying a normal day out of life on the island.

Kane Knight
03-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Oh, Simpsons episodes where they look into the future.

Similarly, Bible story episodes or any of the systematic "three stories" deals.

wwe2222
03-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Blashphemy! That's one of my favorite episodes. There's a lot more going on in that episode than him trying to start a van.
It's probably the episode that has the least going on in terms of the overall story. But the character development in it is great. It's nice to see the characters in that episode enjoying a normal day out of life on the island.

:upyours love that episode. Plus it was the last time you saw them really just having a fun day before everything went to hell

Armitage Shanks
03-25-2011, 01:22 PM
I actually like the Patriots episode of Family Guy. 'Makea da worlda go rounda!'

Cool King
03-25-2011, 04:07 PM
The Simpsons - The one with the babysitter bandit, the one with Tony Hawk in it and any episode after it.

Savio
03-30-2011, 06:04 PM
The episode of Fresh Prince when his Dad Abandons him again.

Fuck all that noise. I want to see Carlton Dance!I liked that episode :-\

Fox
03-31-2011, 03:27 AM
The 30 Rock episode with Jennifer Anniston. God I hate that bitch.

Poit
03-31-2011, 04:16 PM
Almost any episode of DS9 about Kira.

Savio
04-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Also hate episode of Colbert with the Ted Jenson cartoons.

Nightwing
04-06-2011, 08:57 PM
I dont like any Simpson episode revolving around Marge or Lisa. I like them apart of the ensemble, but they get annoying when theyre focused on.

BigDaddyCool
04-07-2011, 12:31 AM
The Futurama episode with the dog.

Fuck you, that is the greatest episode ever.

As for me, I wouldn't say hate, but very annoyed by the first few episodes or futurama. They are nessicary to set up the world and story but boring now. Any I will probably start watching those now that I am done with all the king of the hills.

As for king of the hill, the Peggy heavy episodes that don't have cotton suck.

Lock Jaw
04-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Been rewatching Firefly.

Don't really care for the "Out of Gas" episode.

Gertner
04-15-2011, 06:47 PM
The episode of the Soprano's in season 6 after Tony Soprano gets shot by Junior Soprano and he dreams that he is a business man.

MoFo
04-15-2011, 10:34 PM
New series of Entourage was terrible, esp the opener. Jesus.

Vox Populi
04-26-2011, 11:44 PM
"Hate" isn't the right term necessarily, but the musical episode of OZ is just horrible. Like, so bad that it's almost entertaining in its awfulness level horrible.

Kris P Lettus
04-27-2011, 10:39 AM
The "baby shower" episode of The Office from season 5..

BigDaddyCool
04-27-2011, 12:00 PM
I kind of hate the Christmas episodes of Futurama