PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania Title Matches Top Ten

Wolfpack423
03-24-2011, 03:20 PM
What would you guys consider to be your top ten Wrestlemania World title matches? For me it looks like this:

10. Edge vs. The Undetaker- Wrestlmania 24
9. Hulk Hogan vs. The Ultimate Warrior- Wrestlemania 6
8. Macho Man Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair- Wrestlemania 8
7. The Undertaker vs. Batista-Wrestlemania 23
6. Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle- Wrestlemania 19
5. John Cena vs. Triple H- Wrestlemania 22
4. Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels- Wrestlemania 12
3. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michaels- Wrestlemania 14
2. Triple H vs. Chris Benoit vs. Shawn Michaels- Wrestlemania 20
1. The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin- Wrestlemania 17

Gertner
03-24-2011, 03:44 PM
How the hell do you not have Hogan vs Andre the Giant on your list?

Wolfpack423
03-24-2011, 04:05 PM
How the hell do you not have Hogan vs Andre the Giant on your list?

I like it more for the moment than the match, but I agree with you that it is an important match not just in Wrestlemania history, but wrestling history. It brought it into the mainstream. Believe me, I like the match but it's just not in my top ten.

Schlomey
03-24-2011, 06:48 PM
It was not a good match. It was just one of the most prolific WM moments. It won't be on my list ..not even close.

Gertner
03-24-2011, 07:05 PM
It's without a doubt #1 on my list.

St. Jimmy
03-24-2011, 07:10 PM
1. Chris Jericho vs. Triple H WrestleMania 18

CSL
03-24-2011, 07:13 PM
It's without a doubt #1 on my list.

If it's a list of Mania moments maybe, significant/iconic/important stuff etc yeah. There have been 10 better matches though.

Schlomey
03-24-2011, 07:22 PM
hart vs michaels - WM 12 is my "off the top of my head" favorite Mania match.

Jordan
03-24-2011, 09:44 PM
10. Triple H vs Batista - WM 23 - Brutal classic style WWE main event, loved the brutality and realism of the match.

9. The Undertaker vs Batista - WM 23 - Awesome match, the two clicked really well.

8. Hulk Hogan vs Randy Savage - WM5 - This reason this match was happening was phenomenal and the match came off really well. I haven't watched it in a long time but I won't forget it it. This is a classic rivalry that WWE should have continued with at some point down the road.

7. Ric Flair vs Randy Savage - WM8 - What a great match these guys had, it's a shame we never got Hogan/Flair in that era, but at least we had this match, which was never duplicated in WCW. This is a dream match that came off like a charm, and I think it will stand the test of time as one of the greatest ever.

6. The Rock vs Steve Austin WM 17 - This match was amazing for me at the time, for years I said it was the best match of all time, however it has not stood the test of time for me and other matches have grown stronger as time goes on, this not being one of them. But still an awesome match, and at the time I didn't mind the screwjob at the end, it was different.

5. John Cena vs Triple H - WM 22 - This match was phenomenal, with a crowd just hot as hell and perfect hard hitting psychological wrestling and one of the biggest shocks ever in a Wrestlemania main event with Trips tapping out.

4. Hulk Hogan vs Andre The Giant - WM 3- Gotta give this match it's props, its easy to get sucked into that great story from way back, when Hogan had to go up against his former best friend who has been brainwashed with money by Bobby Heenan. That story is why the match is here, it was the culmination of one of the greatest WWE Championship feuds of all time. The match is entertaining and the crowd is amazing, obviously it could be better, but it has its moments and both guys did the job they should have done. Still love it.

3. The Ultimate Warrior vs Hulk Hogan - WM 6 - What a classic match with a hot ass crowd, they had to do so little to be great and this match will always be amazing to watch when your bored as hell.

2. Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels - WM 12 - This was my first Wrestlemania and the story leading up this match was unreal, I had no idea what an iron man match would be like and it seemed like the biggest event I was ever going to witness. The match was phenomenal even though slow at the start. However I think that Bret and Shawn wrestled the perfect match that night and nobody will ever duplicate that hour in history.

1. The Undertaker vs Edge - WM 24 - This match was a surprise for the main event, and without a doubt, stole the show that year. This match basically was everything you could ask for in a Wrestlemania main event, and proved that Edge and The Undertaker were two masters of the game. The reason I give it number one above the Iron Man match, is because it captured a very similar feeling but didn't take an hour. The biggest difference was Edge and The Undertaker are totally different types of Wrestlers than HBK and Bret, their match was a little more intense as far as impact and moves went, granted they were at least 15 minutes shorter than Bret and HBK. We will see if this match stands the test of time, but it was pretty kick ass if you ask me.

Eklipse
03-24-2011, 11:50 PM
Most of my favorites have been mentioned. One of my favorites though is Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Savage at WrestleMania V.

Nark Order
03-24-2011, 11:55 PM
No Steamboat/Savage. How peculiar.

Eklipse
03-24-2011, 11:58 PM
I think he was referring to WWE or WHC championship matches, not IC or anything else.

CSL
03-25-2011, 12:01 AM
10. Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant (WrestleMania III)

9. Triple H vs. The Rock vs. Mick Foley vs. Big Show (WrestleMania 2000)

8. John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels (WrestleMania 23)

7. Undertaker vs. Batista (WrestleMania 23)

6. Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Savage (WrestleMania V)

5. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit (WrestleMania XX)

4. Undertaker vs. Edge (WrestleMania XXIV)

3. Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar (WrestleMania XIX)

2. Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior (WrestleMania VI)

1. Steve Austin vs. The Rock (WrestleMania X7)

Maybe.

#1-norm-fan
03-25-2011, 12:34 AM
10. Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant (WrestleMania III)
9. Kurt Angle vs. Eddie Guererro (WrestleMania XX)
8. Shawn Michaels vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (WrestleMania XIV)
7. Hulk Hogan vs. The Ultimate Warrior (WrestleMania VI)
6. John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels (WrestleMania 23)
5. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock (WrestleMania X-7)
4. John Cena vs. Triple H (WrestleMania 22)
3. Ric Flair vs. Randy Savage (WrestleMania VIII)
2. Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar (WrestleMania XIX)
1. Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels (Iron Man Match, WrestleMania XII)

Jordan
03-25-2011, 01:44 AM
No Steamboat/Savage. How peculiar.

Yeah I was just doing World Heavyweight/WWE Championship matches. Though Steamboat/Savage is the best match in Wrestlemania history.

Jordan
03-25-2011, 01:46 AM
Also, I wish so badly I could put Angle/Lesnar up there in the top 10, if would maybe get top 3 for me if Lesnar wouldn't have botched that spot at the end. That just ruined it for me.

Vastardikai
03-25-2011, 01:52 AM
1. The Undertaker vs Edge - WM 24 - This match was a surprise for the main event, and without a doubt, stole the show that year. This match basically was everything you could ask for in a Wrestlemania main event, and proved that Edge and The Undertaker were two masters of the game. The reason I give it number one above the Iron Man match, is because it captured a very similar feeling but didn't take an hour. The biggest difference was Edge and The Undertaker are totally different types of Wrestlers than HBK and Bret, their match was a little more intense as far as impact and moves went, granted they were at least 15 minutes shorter than Bret and HBK. We will see if this match stands the test of time, but it was pretty kick ass if you ask me.

I would also like to mention that this match was one of the few where I actually thought the streak was in danger. Edge seemed to have an answer for everything in Taker's arsenal.

Jordan
03-25-2011, 09:46 AM
Yeah if there ever was a questionable year it was 24.

Wolfpack423
03-25-2011, 10:17 AM

23 was a believable year for the streak to end with Batista I thought. I felt Batista was in his prime in 2007 in my opinion. 2005 and 2007 are years that Batista was a huge favorite of mine. I wish he would return but I don't see it happening.

NormanSmiley
03-25-2011, 03:56 PM
10. Savage V Dibiase
9. HHH v Batista
8. HBK v Cena
7. Savage v Flair
6. HBK v Austin
5. Hogan v Andre
4. HBK v Bret Hart
3. Hogan v Savage
2. Benoit v HBK v HHH
1. Angle v Lesnar

#1-norm-fan
03-25-2011, 08:17 PM

I didn't really think WrestleMania would end on such a sour note as with a heel Edge ending Taker's streak.

I thought HBK had a shot 2 years ago and was almost sure he'd get it last year. It was the only thing to me that could top the previous year and justify the rematch.