PDA

View Full Version : I wish WWE would think of a new default weapon

Jordan
03-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Chair shots are okay and all, they have always been really cool but recently we have seen many chair shots to the back, and it's just getting retarded. It's just weird after years of wrestlers getting smashed in the head and face with chairs that a guy hits the other dude in the back, just perfectly. I wish WWE would do away with the concept all together because the change is gay.

What weapons could WWE realistically replace the chair with?

I don't know that I know of one in particular, but WWE could start to use a variety other objects instead of one default weapon, the chair.

The Ring Bell - Always a brutal weapon because it's heavy, dangerous and can look bad because it is so dangerous, but when used well it's awesome.

The Monitors - Obviously gonna cause some damage if you hit someone with a metal TV.

Foreign object ie Chains/Knucks..etc. - It would be cool if WWE had a heel who like Shane Douglas always had a chain in his boot, or some weapon on him. He didn't use it in every match so that when he did you almost forgot about it but nope, he ALWAYS HAS THAT SHIT IN HIS BOOT.

Another thing WWE has never done is take something from MMA, grease. What if there were a big PPV match for a title and it was two "wrestlers" like CM Punk and Orton, and CM Punk greased his body to be slippery so Orton couldn't grab ahold of him.

Nightwing
03-29-2011, 01:39 PM
Im a fan of the ring bell option. Always loved it in the video games at least. Or the convenient wrench from under the ring.

Jordan
03-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Yeah that would make sense too, the wrench.

Jordan
03-29-2011, 01:41 PM
Or even a tool box, just to the head, that would be cool.

seapig4
03-29-2011, 02:03 PM
I swear that somebody has used grease before but I can't for the life of me remember. Could just be a really queer dream I had :shifty:

CSL
03-29-2011, 02:12 PM
I wish they would change the ropes, their so old and I'm so bored of them. And don't get me started on how gay and retarded Rey hitting just the middle one is. Maybe put huge trampolines on each side of the ring or just have nothing and have the wrestlers tie bungee cords around their waist that in turn are connected to a pole in the middle of the ring. Bungee cord can't be longer than the distance from the pole to the edge of the ring though obv. And scrap belts also, just have full on carnival parades and songs every time the champion shows up instead.

Jordan
03-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Finally someone gets it!

MoFo
03-29-2011, 03:40 PM
I was a huge fan of ironing boards in wrestling.

Jura
03-29-2011, 03:50 PM
They should replace the canvas with 1000 thread count Egyptian bed sheets so the wrestlers will be comfortable when they are lying down.

Savio
03-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Bring back cooking sheets!

Ultra Mantis
03-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Handguns, then when that gets boring switch it up to crossbows and harpoons. Might sound a bit too "violent" but as long as they're not firing at the head it should prevent unnecessary concussions.

Nicky Fives
03-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Bring back cooking sheets!

Lock Jaw
03-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Big wedge o' cheese.

addy2hotty
03-29-2011, 07:00 PM
I say chainsaw or preferably flame thrower.

seapig4
03-29-2011, 07:04 PM
Anal Beads

ron the dial
03-29-2011, 07:42 PM
banana cream pie

BizarroKing
03-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Where's the kitchen sink?

DLVH84
03-29-2011, 09:55 PM
The ring bell would make a great alternative. Check out videos of the feud between Randy Savage and Ricky Steamboat to see why.

ron the dial
03-29-2011, 10:00 PM
i most certainly won't!

Rock Bottom
03-29-2011, 10:03 PM
What about the "foreign object in the tights"

ron the dial
03-29-2011, 10:15 PM
roll of quarters yeah

Lock Jaw
03-29-2011, 10:25 PM
What about the "foreign object in the tights"

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SuRlMgpMXlk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dronepool
03-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Sock full of pennies.

Savio
03-30-2011, 12:07 AM
Sock full of penises!

Tom Guycott
03-30-2011, 01:36 AM
roll of quarters yeah

Said it once, I'll say it again. Best "international object" EVAR. Consealable, explodes like light tubes, and all refs don't hear the money and are blind to a ring full of change afterwards.

In fact, it would make sense for Teddy Jr. to bring back the "silver dollar" punch. He does, indeed, come from money. It would also be akin to his dad stuffing money in people's mouths, only he includes his fist.

Lock Jaw
03-30-2011, 01:49 AM
Lawler should totally Fireball Cole at Mania

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6DxpdijlLc8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dronepool
03-30-2011, 02:18 AM
Sock full of penises!

Dildo's aren't PG :rofl:

Droford
03-30-2011, 02:34 AM
Micheal Cole's iPad

Rock Bottom
03-30-2011, 02:47 AM
Fuck the cage match, they need to have a cole mine match

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-30-2011, 03:05 AM
Obviously the weapon should be those chaffing dishes that you have when you do a buffet. They make a big sound, they don't hurt and get a big pop if you don't use the same one over and over again.

El Fangel
03-30-2011, 03:39 AM
Bag of popcorn.

XL
03-30-2011, 04:43 AM
Shoe.

voncouch
03-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Another thing WWE has never done is take something from MMA, grease. What if there were a big PPV match for a title and it was two "wrestlers" like CM Punk and Orton, and CM Punk greased his body to be slippery so Orton couldn't grab ahold of him.

Don't say this too loud around Russo. Or else TNA might bring back Henry Godwin for a "Greased Pig Farmer" match.

Jordan
03-30-2011, 11:19 AM
I loved how about two years ago WWE started pushing Dq's for things like low blows and not breaking the 5 count, things like that make weapons less necessary. WWE was stupid to fire Finlay, I feel he was responsible for a lot of the in ring changes we have been seeing the last few years. He is very creative himself as a wrestler, and was apparently a head producer, so I can imagine he spread a lot of knowledge. WWE hopefully will hire him back by the end of the year, though if he was dumb enough to go to TNA, I bet he could do some good for them.

DLVH84
03-30-2011, 06:57 PM
A roll of quarters.

voncouch
03-31-2011, 10:15 AM
The Ring Bell - Always a brutal weapon because it's heavy, dangerous and can look bad because it is so dangerous, but when used well it's awesome.

"What the hell, use the bell!" - Bobby Heenan, Wrestlemania 8

FourFifty
03-31-2011, 11:43 AM
I've always been a fan of title belts as weapons.

Jordan
03-31-2011, 11:48 AM
I've always been a fan of title belts as weapons.

Nobody could knock me out cold with a title belt, are you crazy? Maybe a good weapon for a blade job, but I hate when people get knocked cold after a title shot to the face, yet kick out of a powerbomb or superplex.

FourFifty
03-31-2011, 11:50 AM
I see this is a subject you're taking to heart. Please, tell me more.

Jordan
03-31-2011, 12:12 PM
Well how intimidating is a title belt for a weapon? Chairs are okay but not if they are overused mostly because we can't have headshots anymore which I am totally okay with, because I don't want wrestlers dying or murdering or going nuts.

Overall I feel like the best answer is to slowly eliminate weapons and use other in ring tactics to get heat and cause injury. You have all the classics, the turnbuckle can be exposed, the ring post for legs, arms, backs, heads, submissions like the figure four, you have the ring apron, ringside table, the ropes, you could use all of these things to get heat, probably more heat than a chair would.

I used to be a big fan of hardcore wrestling when I was a kid, I traded tapes, ECW, all the hardcore feds from Japan, I loved it at the time. But I was no fool, I was disapointed by BJPW King of the Deathmatch with Terry Funk and Cactus Jack, it sucked! It was so sloppy, and I realized that an over abundance of senseless violence is not going to get you very far, and the match will more or less be unmemorable and suck.

The only reason that match (KOTDM) is memorable is because WWE promoted it.

So yes, I do take the subject to heart because I see that WWE can achieve the same level of intensity or violence without a drop of blood, see the Randy Orton/John Cena Iron Man match where Randy Orton attempted to murder John Cena with pyro.

Rammsteinmad
03-31-2011, 12:46 PM
Whilst I agree with Jordan X that less headshots is a good way of keeping wrestlers healthy, I am getting fed up with the standard 'shot to the gut, then to the back' set up, especially after 20 years of wrestlers smashing each others heads in (which is what you'd do in a real life scenario). There must be other interesting ways to go about chair shots.

Jordan
03-31-2011, 12:51 PM
Whilst I agree with Jordan X that less headshots is a good way of keeping wrestlers healthy, I am getting fed up with the standard 'shot to the gut, then to the back' set up, especially after 20 years of wrestlers smashing each others heads in (which is what you'd do in a real life scenario). There must be other interesting ways to go about chair shots.

This is exactly why I made this topic, if your gonna hit someone with a chair you hit them in the head or maybe from behind in the back, maybe. It's getting retarded. They won't think of a new way to use chair, they just need to think of something else all together, or get gimmicked chairs. They should get the exploding chairs from Japan, well they don't explode but they usually break on impact and the guy wears it like a necklace.

Xero
03-31-2011, 12:52 PM
Suplexes have been around for years. Fuck them. They should come up with a new standard move. The new Suplex should be the Canadian Destroyer.

Jordan
03-31-2011, 12:54 PM
LOL, I what if Triple H ended the streak with the canadian destroyer.