PDA

View Full Version : Some people just don't wanna have fun with it anymore...

#1-norm-fan
04-03-2011, 02:14 PM
So Drew Carey was booed heavily at the Hall of Fame apparently. One of the seemingly nicest celebrities in the world... booed heavily by the fans because he was infiltrating their precious WWE Hall of Fame.

It got me thinking. Wrestling fans are way too protective of the art form they love. Maybe it's a good thing that Vince is trying to lean more towards entertainment. Wrestling has a stigma with it that will always prevent it from being permanently mainstream. I think now that maybe it needs to be more closely tied to Hollywood. Where celebrities, just like wrestlers are welcomed and accepted like they would be in any other public outing. Not outcast because "Go back to hollywood, fagot! This is our wrasslin'!" (I exaggerate for affect, but you get it.)

Stuff like that just keeps wrestling in the white trash cellar and prevents it from growing. It's basically people pushing wrestling further from the entertainment world. I think I'm now on board with the "sports entertainment" thing. Force it down the throats of the close-minded.

Dirk Ziggler
04-03-2011, 02:19 PM
They should start inducting Celebrities into the NFL, MLB, and NBA hall of fame as well then.

Londoner
04-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Don't get why Drew's been inducted tbh.

Funky Fly
04-03-2011, 02:26 PM
He was in the Rumble once. That counts, I guess.

Xero
04-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Don't get why Drew's been inducted tbh.

Really? You don't get why a celebrity who is well known on a popular show is being put in?

XL
04-03-2011, 02:29 PM
They should start inducting Celebrities into the NFL, MLB, and NBA hall of fame as well then.
Yeah cos you often see the likes of Kim Kardashian/Snooki/Snoop Dogg mixing it up with the professional footballers/baseball players/basketballers.

Come back when you have an argument with any substance.

Londoner
04-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Really? You don't get why a celebrity who is well known on a popular show is being put in?

Oh i get that he was a celebrity. But don't see why that deserves a hall of fame place. Its no surprise he got boo'ed even though i like him.

Lock Jaw
04-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Maybe it's a good thing that Vince is trying to lean more towards entertainment. Wrestling has a stigma with it that will always prevent it from being permanently mainstream. I think now that maybe it needs to be more closely tied to Hollywood. Where celebrities, just like wrestlers are welcomed and accepted like they would be in any other public outing. Not outcast because "Go back to hollywood, fagot! This is our wrasslin'!" (I exaggerate for affect, but you get it.)

Thing is, he can lean towards "entertainment" as much as he wants... but in the end of the day... it is still going to be "wrestling". Unless he abolishes all matches.

Xero
04-03-2011, 02:34 PM
I agree, but this is WWE, and the HOF is just another cash grab at this point and nothing more. Got to accept it at face value.

Gertner
04-03-2011, 03:10 PM

IF the NFL, MLB and NBA were fake, then yes.

Diehard wrestling fans are retards.

Calamondin
04-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Drew Carey being inducted into the Hall of Fame isn't fun. It's sad and desperate. The WWE isn't going to be able to move away from the wrestling image, because they ARE a wrestling company. They are never going to be mainstream, they need to accept that. And having people like Drew Carey in your Hall of Fame isn't going to help.

I haven't seen much press for this, but what I have seen is usually in tune with "what the fuck is Drew Carey going into a WRESTLING hall of fame for?"

People aren't going to tune in for Drew Carey being inducted into a Pro-Wrestling Hall of Fame and wrestling fans are tuning in to see wrestlers being inducted, so it is completely natural for him to get boo'd. It's no different than shitty pop singers being boo'd at football games.

Kalyx triaD
04-03-2011, 04:12 PM

This post blows my mind away.

Waylander
04-03-2011, 04:15 PM
I would have booed him regardless, I'm not a fan.

St. Jimmy
04-03-2011, 04:20 PM
They booed a video of Snooki too. Looking forward to booing her tonight.

#1-norm-fan
04-03-2011, 04:27 PM
See, Snooki MAYBE I can understand since people don't care for her outside of wrestling. But DREW CAREY!? lol

Triple Naitch
04-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Because the non-existent hall of fame of a scripted entertainment company should be sacred and exclusive.

Cool King
04-03-2011, 05:09 PM
They booed a video of Snooki too. Looking forward to booing her tonight.

I think she might come out with Trish tonight to avoid that happening.

drmayberry7
04-03-2011, 05:38 PM
In about 10 years Snooki will be in the Hall of Fame. Guaranteed

Savio
04-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Wrestling fans are crazy, 2 weeks ago people were saying "What!? Why is he being inducted?" now they are defending him.

Dat Fool Train
04-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Because the non-existent hall of fame of a scripted entertainment company should be sacred and exclusive.

AHMEN!

XL
04-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Wrestling fans are crazy, 2 weeks ago people were saying "What!? Why is he being inducted?" now they are defending him.
You need to learn to use the word "some".

Pretty sure it wasn't everybody crying about it and now defending it. I doubt it was the same people. Seems an issue like this splits opinion.

Rock Bottom
04-03-2011, 06:08 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing the cast from Who's Line in an every man for himself. Hall of Fame is weird though, but meh whatever. That HoF still doesn't make total sense to me with certain people missing, but at least it serves its purpose for a lot of wrestlers that deserve it.

Rammsteinmad
04-03-2011, 06:15 PM
The problem is Drew Carey only appeared at one Royal Rumble, and that was it.

There are many people who are not in the hall of fame who NEED to be.

Like David Arquette.

Emperor Smeat
04-03-2011, 06:22 PM
The problem is Drew Carey only appeared at one Royal Rumble, and that was it.

There are many people who are not in the hall of fame who NEED to be.

Like David Arquette.

Arquette would have been a good pick if the WWE went through with the rumored WCW themed Hall this year.

Dirk Ziggler
04-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Yeah cos you often see the likes of Kim Kardashian/Snooki/Snoop Dogg mixing it up with the professional footballers/baseball players/basketballers.

Come back when you have an argument with any substance.

Not once did I say Celebrities shouldn't be involved in the WWE especially Wrestlemania. They don't have a place in the Wrestling HOF. It should be a special place for people who have dedicated their life to professional wrestling...excuse me I mean sports entertainment.

My argument has far more of a case then yours. HOF is about honoring not about advertising, with any sport. So I stick to my original comment. Kindly go fuck yourself sir. Thanks.

Dirk Ziggler
04-03-2011, 06:41 PM
IF the NFL, MLB and NBA were fake, then yes.

Diehard wrestling fans are retards.

Hardly a diehard guy. Just stating the obvious.

#1-norm-fan
04-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Not once did I say Celebrities shouldn't be involved in the WWE especially Wrestlemania. They don't have a place in the Wrestling HOF. It should be a special place for people who have dedicated their life to professional wrestling...excuse me I mean sports entertainment.

My argument has far more of a case then yours. HOF is about honoring not about advertising, with any sport. So I stick to my original comment. Kindly go fuck yourself sir. Thanks.

Umm... he never said you said celebrities shouldn't be involved. lol. You said they should start inducting celebrities into the NFL hall of fame as a way of comparing it to being as ridiculous as inducting them into the WWE Hall of fame. However, a celebrity has never been invited to play on the offensive line during an NFL game. And I doubt it would ever happen. Making your point completely invalid.

WWE is a business that can and does allow celebrities to get in the ring and be a part of the "sport". Therefore, it's completely logical for them to have a celebrity wing to their HOF.

The NFL can't realistically have celebrities come in and participate, therefore they don't. Therefore, it would be illogical for them to induct celebrities.

Savio
04-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Drew Carey is a stupid addition though. He came in once and jumped over the top rope. K-fed has a more deserving spot than him.

LewisTheTruest
04-04-2011, 12:56 AM
I was watching with my mum (she has a foxtel connection to which I ordered 'Mania) and when they went through the HOF list and Drew Carey showed up she laughed. There was a break or somethin and Drew showed up again. My mum (realizing it wasn't a spur of the moment joke) asked, 'What is he doing there?' I began to explain the Royal Rumble moment but found it easier to say 'They induct a celebrity every year' and that's my two cents.

Corndad
04-04-2011, 01:03 AM
Not the worst ever. Other then the issues I already stated with Bryan/Sheamus being cut and the ending being weird there were some positives.

I thought Punk/Orton had a good showing. The Ending RKO was sick. Almost as good as the Evan Bourne RKO.

Cody/Rey was good as well but would still say Punk/Orton match of night.

Having the Edge/Del Rio first was off as well. Why have Royal Rumble winner in first match. Just seemed strange.

LewisTheTruest
04-04-2011, 01:08 AM
Not the worst ever. Other then the issues I already stated with Bryan/Sheamus being cut and the ending being weird there were some positives.

I thought Punk/Orton had a good showing. The Ending RKO was sick. Almost as good as the Evan Bourne RKO.

Having the Edge/Del Rio first was off as well. Why have Royal Rumble winner in first match. Just seemed strange.

I liked the match but in kayfabe what was Punk trying to accomplish by climbing the buckles?

DaBrasko
04-04-2011, 01:15 AM
When the fuck is Chuck Norris going in???

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3tRiL-IRazQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1-norm-fan
04-04-2011, 06:25 AM

Hah! Wait, when did this turn to a WrestleMania topic? :wtf:

XL
04-04-2011, 11:35 AM

LOL. What?

He was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame: Celebrity Wing. There's no need to get all butt hurt about it. They are by no means putting him on the same level as the guys that "dedicated their life" to it.

Comparing it to the NFL/NBA/etc is just plain stupid. They are real sports. I mean, I guess they could have a Celeb Wing for the people that play halftime, would people cry about that?

Furthermore, Vince is really pushing this "Entertainment" thing whether we like it or not. So having more "mainstream" celebs involved in general and going into the HoF will likely become standard practice.
Drew Carey is a stupid addition though. He came in once and jumped over the top rope. K-fed has a more deserving spot than him.
Now this is a valid argument.

There are LOTS of celebs that deserved to go in before Drew.

Kane Knight
04-04-2011, 01:07 PM
So Drew Carey was booed heavily at the Hall of Fame apparently. One of the seemingly nicest celebrities in the world... booed heavily by the fans because he was infiltrating their precious WWE Hall of Fame.

It got me thinking. Wrestling fans are way too protective of the art form they love. Maybe it's a good thing that Vince is trying to lean more towards entertainment. Wrestling has a stigma with it that will always prevent it from being permanently mainstream. I think now that maybe it needs to be more closely tied to Hollywood. Where celebrities, just like wrestlers are welcomed and accepted like they would be in any other public outing. Not outcast because "Go back to hollywood, fagot! This is our wrasslin'!" (I exaggerate for affect, but you get it.)

Stuff like that just keeps wrestling in the white trash cellar and prevents it from growing. It's basically people pushing wrestling further from the entertainment world. I think I'm now on board with the "sports entertainment" thing. Force it down the throats of the close-minded.

Honestly, though, is this any more than lipstick on a pig?

Rollermacka
04-04-2011, 08:29 PM

Your wrong, shes gonna be the longest reigning TNA world champion of all time

Kane Knight
04-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Your wrong, shes gonna be the longest reigning TNA world champion of all time

At three weeks, two days.

ron the dial
02-13-2023, 12:54 PM

fingers still crossed!

ron the dial
02-13-2023, 12:56 PM
Honestly, though, is this any more than lipstick on a pig?

it is cute to see kane knight describing himself :kiss:

xrodmuc316
02-13-2023, 04:06 PM
How funny is the original post, considering how protective and defensive he became of CM Phil 10 years later...IRONY! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

#1-norm-fan
02-13-2023, 08:30 PM
Over a decade ago a select few of us held a secret draft of subjects that we would be very defensive about so that just in case a mental giant showed up on the forums we could use those subjects to gaslight them into thinking they’re actually retarded.

I drafted Drew Carey and CM Punk

We all laughed when Ron drafted the son of a billionaire car bumper manufacturer and “any future pro wrestling on Turner networks”

ron the dial
02-13-2023, 09:08 PM
allow me to recreate it for you: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sepholio
02-13-2023, 09:25 PM
How do you think I feel after drafting Vince McMahon and Baron Corbin?

drave
02-14-2023, 08:21 AM
probably pretty FEDBAD, Seph.

Lock Jaw
02-14-2023, 09:35 AM
You know who DOES just wanna have fun?

Fignuts
02-14-2023, 09:50 AM
Girls

DAMN iNATOR
02-14-2023, 10:48 AM
Cyndi Lauper definitely deserves to be voted into the Rock & Roll HoF this year.

#1-norm-fan
02-14-2023, 12:54 PM
How do you think I feel after drafting Vince McMahon and Baron Corbin?

SHAMBLEHOLIO!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

#1-norm-fan
02-14-2023, 12:56 PM
I kinda wanna go back an critique this thread to see how much I agree with myself from 13 years ago but I’m not in the cringe mood.

Savio
02-16-2023, 11:12 AM

I still agree with my take.

#1-norm-fan
02-16-2023, 11:58 AM
Still kinda odd to me that they haven’t put Andy Kaufman in just because I feel like Jim Carrey at this point would surely be willing to show up for it.

weather vane
02-16-2023, 01:35 PM
Dwew.