PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Edge

Lara Emily
04-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Sad to see him go but happy he actually gets to walk away instead of being crippled or dying.

Call this the official Edge Tribute thread, post fav Edge moments!

Londoner
04-11-2011, 11:36 PM
Not gonna bother posting any moments atm considering how shitty the server is but there are a few. Just hope there's a great send off for him on Smackdown.

mhirn3
04-11-2011, 11:44 PM
Thanks for all the great ones Edge.

glanville6
04-11-2011, 11:48 PM
Yeah...its sad that he retired so early (despite his long career, it shouldn't be over yet) but to continue what Lara said...yeah, great he didn't get crippled or die...but also good for him for going out on top. Always worked hard, and sad to see him go. At least he wasn't pushed out, and that he and WWE were smart enough to end it.

Best wished Edge

SaskatchewanChamp
04-11-2011, 11:50 PM
I am so glad Edge got out, before he turned into a pill popping alcoholic, aka Scott Hall

DLVH84
04-12-2011, 12:07 AM
At least he had a great run, nearly 2 decades of decadence. However, hearing him say all the symptoms and his neck injury and surgery, reminded me of why Paul Orndorff had to retire back in 1995, just when he was about to find his niche.

BollywoodSingh
04-12-2011, 12:08 AM
I was 100% expecting Del Rio's music to hit during Edge's promo. Now I'm surprised to read that this is legit.

DLVH84
04-12-2011, 12:10 AM
If it's something legit, none of that interrupting bullshit will happen.

Kalyx triaD
04-12-2011, 12:11 AM
No Mercy 1999. Tag Team Ladder Match. E&C vs The Hardyz.

Thank you, Adam.

Rock Bottom
04-12-2011, 12:13 AM
My favorite Edge moment.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IqTGFJOCYUk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MoFo
04-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Wrestling retirements last a week or two.

Premature thread.

DLVH84
04-12-2011, 12:16 AM
Wrestling retirements last a week or two.

Premature thread.

Shawn Michaels proved you wrong.

MoFo
04-12-2011, 12:18 AM
Jake Roberts, Ric Flair & Terry Funk keep proving me right.

Stickman
04-12-2011, 12:19 AM
I was honestly never a big Edge fan but it was shocking and sad to see him go.

Tazz Dan
04-12-2011, 12:25 AM
I haven't seen it, but I'm absoultely shattered. I would argue there is not a bigger Edge fan on these forums than myself. I think this was backed up by posters on here from around the world txting me to ask if I was watching (I'm at work) and how I feel.

I don't know, I'm kind of in shock. I feel weird that I'm so choked up over a performer I have respected since his first day in the company has been forced to give up what he loves doing. I guess I'll post some memories tonight when I finish.

Evil Vito
04-12-2011, 12:26 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I was there live. Assumed it was a work and kept expecting something else to go down. Was shocked when it didn't.

I love Edge. I'll admit I've been "indifferent" about him since La Familia ended - but that really just had more to do with the fact that the guy literally had done EVERYTHING except win the Rumble, and in within a year and a half went on to knock off that one, too.</font>

Evil Vito
04-12-2011, 12:28 AM
<font color=goldenrod>WWE's wording of it just sounds weird:

After careful medical examination of a serious spinal condition, it has been determined that World Heavyweight Champion Edge will never be cleared to compete ever again.

Just saying "never ever" makes it sound workish. But after Raw ended Cena came out and talked about Edge and stuff again. It's real, folks.</font> :(

Emperor Smeat
04-12-2011, 12:29 AM
Sad when he announced it and then it was confirmed shortly in a news report but at least he knew it was the right time and didn't need to risk more of his future's health for a few more weeks or months worth of feuds and matches.

I loved how he was part of one of the best eras for tag team wrestling in the WWF/WWE and his "Rated R Superstar" character being a great fit against Cena's overtly babyface character.

Snowden
04-12-2011, 12:42 AM
To anyone who has even a slight inkling that this is a work...sorry to burst your bubble, but he's done. There's absolutely no "storyline" reason to have this go down, plus the WWE has a story up on his medical condition on their website. Unfortunately, Edge has wrestled his last match :'(

I shed a tear during his speech, I'll admit it. Gonna miss Edge, one of the greats. I think we'll see him back in a non-wrestling capacity though, he's got a lot to give on the mic still.

Crazy Nick
04-12-2011, 12:48 AM
Really sad to see Edge go but I think it is better for him to hang it up before his injuries paralyze him, causing him to not be able to walk. Mad props to Edge for all of the great memories/matches that he has given us.

Aguakate
04-12-2011, 01:05 AM
To anyone who has even a slight inkling that this is a work...sorry to burst your bubble, but he's done. There's absolutely no "storyline" reason to have this go down, plus the WWE has a story up on his medical condition on their website. Unfortunately, Edge has wrestled his last match :'(

Yeah, because WWE putting something on their website is VERY reliable.

However, I DO believe the retirement is legit. Was never, EVER an Edge fan, but, you know...he did his thing.

Snowden
04-12-2011, 01:15 AM
Yeah, because WWE putting something on their website is VERY reliable.

Its not just that they threw on some random story, they said:

The Rated-R Superstar had been suffering numbness and uncontrollable trembling in his arms and hands. This is not the first time Edge has experienced these symptoms of nueropraxia. An MRI administered at Atlanta Midtown Diagnostic Imaging last Monday was sent to Dr. Joseph Maroon, a renowned neurosurgeon and professor of neurosurgery at The Pittsburgh School of Medicine. After careful examination of the MRI, it was determined that Edge would never be cleared to compete again, and thus, he is forced to retire.

I doubt they'd fuck around and make a serious medical condition like that a work. He's most certainly done from in ring competition.

Lock Jaw
04-12-2011, 01:19 AM
Real shame.

Gonna really miss the dude. Another of my reasons to continue to watch wrestling is gone and it makes me sad.

D Mac
04-12-2011, 01:20 AM
This fucking sucks.

KaosDarksol
04-12-2011, 01:25 AM
My favorite Edge moment

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uThiSco0PHE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

D Mac
04-12-2011, 01:30 AM
Del Rio is gonna be the WHC soon probably.

Mr. C
04-12-2011, 01:30 AM
I’ve been a fan of Edge ever since the beginning (hence my username: Rated R Superstar + Instant Classic). I loved his feud with John Cena. When he returned and won the Royal Rumble, I remember being hyped up and like, “YES!!!!!”

Thank you, Edge. WWE would be lucky to have a roster full of guys with your passion and talent.

Snowden
04-12-2011, 01:38 AM
Del Rio is gonna be the WHC soon probably.

I dunno man...I actually think they'll move it over to Christian, at least for a month or so. Would be a lot more appropriate, and a really feel good moment...maybe even having Edge come out and congratulating Christian to close the PPV.

SlickyTrickyDamon
04-12-2011, 01:38 AM
Well next Smackdown will be the last time Tony Chimel will get to say Rated R SOUUUperstar :'(:(.

I wasn't expected this at all. I was thinking he was going to retire next year after WrestleMania. I'm glad that he got his 10th (and now 11th) championship reign before this. I'm also glad that he finally got to team up with Christian one last time before it was over too. Hopefully this is now time for Christian to take over for his friend and lead Smackdown as the top face.

A great career and the WWE will never be the same without him. I think at times we kindof took Edge for granted. It's going to be a different place without the Rated R Superstar that's for damn sure.

Hopefully this isn't Edge's final time working for WWE. I'd love to see him come back in some capacity in the future as an agent, announcer or producer.

Thank you Edge.

:wave: :'(

NormanSmiley
04-12-2011, 01:41 AM
I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell must be some takers in this room....

basically anyone who is employed by Vince takes a piss and its on the internets 8 seconds later yet there hasn't been one report of this "numbness". Reports have said he was going to wrap it up soon in a couple years not a couple weeks. gives him time off, return later then one last run.

Snowden
04-12-2011, 01:49 AM
I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell must be some takers in this room....

basically anyone who is employed by Vince takes a piss and its on the internets 8 seconds later yet there hasn't been one report of this "numbness". Reports have said he was going to wrap it up soon in a couple years not a couple weeks. gives him time off, return later then one last run.

Looks like someone trusts the dirt sheets a little too much.

Did you ever consider that the almighty IWC may just not have all the information? Or that maybe Edge's condition has been kept really quiet? Come on.

Lock Jaw
04-12-2011, 01:52 AM
It's a work! Edge really just lost his smile.

NormanSmiley
04-12-2011, 01:56 AM
Looks like someone trusts the dirt sheets a little too much.

Did you ever consider that the almighty IWC may just not have all the information? Or that maybe Edge's condition has been kept really quiet? Come on.

looks like someone will believe anything they put on TV

Snowden
04-12-2011, 02:02 AM
For those who are wondering, the Edge retirement speech was 100% legitimate and real. We were told by a company source earlier this evening that when the major announcement was made tonight, it was not an angle and not storyline.

The story that Edge told about medical tests coming back and showing there was a new issue with his neck and being advised he must retire is true. He was basically handed a mic and told to go out and say goodbye however he wanted.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/56976/edge-retires.html?p=1

El Fangel
04-12-2011, 02:02 AM
I'm always sad to see another awesome maker of childhood memories retire.

Fav moment will always be him spearing a dangling Jeff Hardy.

Jeritron
04-12-2011, 02:13 AM
Edge was a guy who was over with the crowd from the second he set foot in a ring. It just was.

I figured he'd be retiring soon/early for his age, but not this abruptly. I don't view this as sucking. It does suck that he's gone from programming, but he did so much with his career and I think he has a legacy that will only improve over time. He gets to retire as champion, and in his prime.

El Fangel
04-12-2011, 02:22 AM
Kinda wish Christian had come out and done a 5 second pose.

Tazz Dan
04-12-2011, 02:25 AM
Smackdown? It could happen :y:

El Fangel
04-12-2011, 02:29 AM
Yeah, meant on Smackdown.

E&C were golden.

Skippord
04-12-2011, 02:29 AM
Edge is my favorite wrestler ever

pretty bummed right now

Splaya
04-12-2011, 02:30 AM
I'm gutted. i've always loved the work that he and Christian did together. I guarantee some of the dicks from TNA will make light of this, especially that stupid fat fuck Matt Hardy.

Regardless, thank you Edge for the memories.

dronepool
04-12-2011, 02:40 AM
I liked him since The Brood.. it sucks to see him go. I hope he sticks around in some other role though.

Gone Mad
04-12-2011, 02:54 AM
This sucks. Edge wasn't my favorite at first, and for a good while. It took his stint as The Rated R Superstar to really make me a fan. Still, he has done alot for the company, busting his ass with many crazy spots, for so many years.

Fav moment 7:40 in...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MghpR-CotTk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rammsteinmad
04-12-2011, 04:42 AM
We've been hearing rumours of Edge retiring for some time now, but never would have expected it so soon, and so suddenly. It's definitely sad to see him go, but hopefully he'll still be in the WWE with some kind of backstage role. He's had a fantastic career and will definitely be in the Hall of Fame one day.

My only regret is that we never got an Edge/Christian feud over the World title, or at least at a main-event level. But no doubt I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Adam Copeland.

Raven Reaper
04-12-2011, 04:55 AM
I like how he mentions his pseudo vampire gimmick Brood with GANGREL!!! hehe. And he watches faves like Hogan, Legion of Doom, Demolition etc.. But the best part is he mentions "live sex action" with lita and not vickie. LOLZ. Guy still has humor..

And yes, I'm 100% TOTAL EDGEHEAD FAN MYSELF.. :( I really choke down on my tearful eyes like he did when he can't speak properly halfway through. :(

To some, WWE IS OFFICIALLY DEAD and probably lost a great fanbase to watch wrestling..

I don't know if I'll be one of those people who can never enjoy watching wrestling again on TV despite all of our old faves are either retired or dead... :(

Now it's down to Taker and HHH. Been a fan of those 2 for soooooooo long.

Tom Guycott
04-12-2011, 04:56 AM
I was 100% expecting Del Rio's music to hit during Edge's promo. Now I'm surprised to read that this is legit.

If it's something legit, none of that interrupting bullshit will happen.

As usual, just watched RAW. I expected the same thing (as in, an ADR inturruption), some kind of run-in, or at least some angle being played. The more he got through his speech, though, the more it sounded like Shawn's "for real" retirement speech, or the shoot Victoria did after her last WWE match, Regal's "I might not be back next year" thing, or even that backstage segment with Christian right before he left for TNA. Yeah, there were cheap pop moments, but there wasn't that "leading the crowd" tone people who are adept at working the mic like Edge normally have. He really sounded like he was given time to say what he had to. The more that sank in, the more I felt like "Holy shit, he's seriously calling it quits."

Tazz Dan
04-12-2011, 05:15 AM
Now the shock of this all has kinda sunk in and I can think straight, I feel better in the fact that he's retiring, but never said he was leaving the WWE. Edge still has so much to give, and I can see him being an on-air character for time to come. Whether it be commentating or as a manager for Christian, I don't see him going away.

And that makes me happy :)

Londoner
04-12-2011, 05:20 AM
Always thought it was a legit speech, hope people stop any talk of it being a work(i find all that abit disrespectful for some reason). Edge's had a great career and while it'll be sad knowing he can never wrestle at all again, i'm glad he's gone out on top and done everything he possibly could.

Raven Reaper
04-12-2011, 05:45 AM
I forgot to mention my fave Edge moment: Smashing that stupid Raw GM laptop on the floor and elbow dropping it to pieces!!! LOL.

El Fangel
04-12-2011, 05:51 AM
I'm not asking for more, but I believe he will wrestle again.

Raven Reaper
04-12-2011, 06:01 AM
http://www.ringsidenews.com/carrierlp/video/exclusive-edge-tribute-after-raw-goes-off-the-air-last-night/

Heck no, he won't WRESTLE AGAIN. He said it in his speech that his doctors said that his arms are becoming weaker shit and says that he can't feel it any longer.

Seth82
04-12-2011, 06:05 AM
have liked Edge ever since he came to WWE in 1998

this is shitty news to find out this morning

always love this clip of him and Christian playing gazoos

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qTnyfSag4w8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Seth82
04-12-2011, 06:13 AM
also love their segments with Joe C

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f1qRdMOyyb4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

seapig4
04-12-2011, 06:25 AM
Always been a fan of Edge remember him just hanging out in the crowd watching shit back in the day. I'm glad that he is gonna be able to go out on the top and with the ability to live the rest of his life comfortably and not in a wheelchair.

On a side note is that true about him holding the most titles ever in WWE?

Londoner
04-12-2011, 06:39 AM
I'm not asking for more, but I believe he will wrestle again.

Fuck sakes sorry, but please shut up about this. People thinking this have no idea whats actually happened.

Rammsteinmad
04-12-2011, 06:42 AM
reminded me of why Paul Orndorff had to retire back in 1995, just when he was about to find his niche.

God, this is exactly what I thought as well!!!

Tazz Dan
04-12-2011, 06:53 AM
On a side note is that true about him holding the most titles ever in WWE?

Yeah it is :y:

Tazz Dan
04-12-2011, 07:02 AM
WWE Champion - 4 Times
World Champion - 7 Times
IC Champion - 5 Times
US Champion - 1 Time
World Tag Team Champion - 11 Times
WWE Tag Team Champion - 1 Time
Unified Tag Team Champion - 1 Time

PLUS:

Royal Rumble Winner
King Of The Ring
Money In The Bank Winner
Elimination Chamber Winner

Londoner
04-12-2011, 07:06 AM
Gonna watch a bunch of edge matches n moments over the weekend i reckon.

St. Jimmy
04-12-2011, 07:13 AM
WWE Champion - 4 Times
World Champion - 7 Times
IC Champion - 5 Times
US Champion - 1 Time

PLUS:

Royal Rumble Winner
King Of The Ring
Money In The Bank Winner

He also "Stole the Show" at Mania with Foley. :y:

St. Jimmy
04-12-2011, 07:14 AM
Also, he's a Hardcore Champion. Don't give a FUCK what WIKI says.

Rammsteinmad
04-12-2011, 07:19 AM
WWE Champion - 4 Times
World Champion - 7 Times
IC Champion - 5 Times
US Champion - 1 Time

PLUS:

Royal Rumble Winner
King Of The Ring
Money In The Bank Winner

I would also include headlined a Wrestlemania. Fuck all this 'main event' stuff like two weeks ago, but WM24 was the legit main event (the final match of the night), which is always a huge accomplishment.

Tazz Dan
04-12-2011, 07:32 AM
Yeah was gonna mention that, I forgot :$

MoFo
04-12-2011, 08:42 AM
He'll be back at Rumble if not sooner.

James Steele
04-12-2011, 08:53 AM
I can't put it any better than this...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/F9Wam3ORRUY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Londoner
04-12-2011, 08:57 AM
^ I remember that, sent chills through me watching it now. Amazing.

James Steele
04-12-2011, 09:01 AM
They have a bunch of old pics up on WWE.com, and I forgot about the most awesome trio ever...

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1443/eckhillbilly.jpg

GD
04-12-2011, 09:05 AM
I have always respected Edge as a performer. I am kinda sad that he is leaving but I do understand that it's the right decision.

LuigiD
04-12-2011, 09:10 AM
The rumors have been around for some time and it is sad to finally see them materialize. It is hard to tell if it will be long term or not, but it sucks none the less. Regardless, I think like with many wrestlers, we will see Edge return. My favorite Edge moments were with Christian. The feuds against the Hardyz and Dudley Boyz come to mind. Nice career.

MVP
04-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Edge had a hell of a career and he's going out on top. E&C is my favorite tag team of all time, and the Rated-R Superstar gimmick was one of the best in the business. His retiring is a big loss for WWE, but hopefully it means a chance for Christian to get his shot at the main event.

Gass
04-12-2011, 09:17 AM
Edge is the GM.

Londoner
04-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Edge is the GM.

Wouldn't work unless he made a surrpise heel turn. Which I don't want to happen!

Kane Knight
04-12-2011, 09:25 AM
My favorite Edge moment.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IqTGFJOCYUk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="640"></iframe>
XD

My Final Heaven
04-12-2011, 09:31 AM
So he doesn't have to put anybody over on his way out, then? I guess Del Rio's pretty pissed right now :lol:

jkman61494
04-12-2011, 10:12 AM
At 28 years old, I really feel like the generation of wrestlers of the mid-late 90's is coming to an end. Between Taker/HHH going on what looks like a farewell tour of sorts, to Edge, one of the rookies in the Attitude era, needing to leave, it's kind of sad.

I always loved Edge because the guy could do anything. To me, he was possibly the most versatile wrestler, next to Shawn Michaels I've ever seen. Need tag action? He's there. Need a spotfest match? No worries. How about a 30 minute match, sure.

Not only could he do about anything in the ring, he could do anything with the mic too. Tell me another performer who could go from silent, to a vampire, to a comedic kazoo playing heel, to an uber evil heel, all the way back to a face.

Y2J to me had the ability to go from heel to face on a dime too, but Edge even played the silent type well.

That's what I'll always thank Edge for. He was the utility five tool wrestler for the WWE. Now that he AND HBK are gone, they need to really seek out who can carry that torch now.

Lastly, his theme always rocked too! Considering Alter Bridge flamed out after one album, I"m sure they thank he and the WWE too. ha!

I say thanks again to Edge, and like others have said, while it completely blows I won't see him perform anymore, I'm even happier he goes out on top in relatively good health.

Snowden
04-12-2011, 10:36 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MXhMDbu1rVE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gigantic mark-out moment for me

Team Sheep
04-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Bye Edge. My favourite moment has to be him cashing in Money in the Bank against Cena. It was the first time it had happened so I went crazy and I loved it. Thanks for the memories.

XCaliber
04-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Was really shocked when I heard talking cuz I could tell it was legit anywho sure I've never been one of his biggest fans but there's no denying that I will miss him after all the great matches he's had over the years and he's just about accomplshed everything there is to do thanks for the memories Adam Compleland/Sexton Hardcastle/Damon Striker/Edge. :'(

MoFo
04-12-2011, 12:12 PM
"kazoos and streamers rule.....long live the stream"

and then they played HHH's music and he got mad and told them to gtfo lol

Rock Bottom
04-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Impact on American football and WWE

Cervical cord neurapraxia among American football players is commonly observed in athletes playing positions involving high-speed collisions and open-field tackling. Cases of neuropraxia in the National Football League were first described in 1986 by Joseph S. Torg, M.D., founder of the National Football Head and Neck Injury Registry (established in 1975). As a result of Dr. Torg’s findings the NFL as well as other levels of American football have outlawed the act of spearing, or the lowering of the head and hitting an opponent with the crown of the helmet. The cervical spine cannot properly absorb the force of a collision when the head is even a slightly lowered as is the case in spearing. In addition to outlawing acts such as spearing, prevention of neurapraxia on the football field relies on instruction and reinforcement of proper tackling technique by coaches and trainers.

WWE Superstar Adam Copeland, alias Edge, was forced to retire from professional wrestling on April 11, 2011 due to symptoms of Neurapraxia.

Rock Bottom
04-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Think we're going to be saying bye bye to the spear.

voncouch
04-12-2011, 12:19 PM
I didn't see Raw, so I can't tell you how concerned I was reading that everyone was saying "Goodbye" to Edge. I was sure we had lost him from more than wrestling. Very relieved to know that he's still here, though I am saddened to hear he has to retire on such a downer note. I've been a fan of his in-ring work for years. I was kind of soured on him personally after the Matt Hardy/Lita thing, but then Matt became such a whiny twat he made it impossible to take his side. I think of all my favorite Edge moments (trust me there's alot), my favorite is probably the 2 months or so he was doing the hilarious promos with Christian and Commissioner Foley. Pure gold, week after week. And one of the best heels in the business, no doubt.

But again, very happy he's still alive. Even though now I have this great "Vickie Guererro/Poison Vagina" joke I can never use.

Mooияakeя™
04-12-2011, 12:42 PM
He'll be the RAW general manager.

Nicky Fives
04-12-2011, 12:53 PM
I can see Christian capitalizing on his retirement in a similar fashion Rey Mysterio did after Eddie Guerrero's death.....

DLVH84
04-12-2011, 12:54 PM
I hope on SmackDown!, after he relinquishes the World title, I hope he leaves WWE like he entered...through the crowd like this.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hDaXpPBMhVo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jkman61494
04-12-2011, 12:59 PM
I really don't agree with the spear thing. A football spear is when the guy literally leads out with his head. When I see Edge use the spear, the impact is usually with this shoulder, with his head going to the side by the ribs of the opponent.

Rock Bottom
04-12-2011, 01:05 PM
It's not something to agree with.

Rock Bottom
04-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Let me clarify. It looks bad if they keep doing it.

NoRoolz
04-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Wow.

Hadn't watched wrestling in like a year, watched an awkward Mania and decided (due to being bed-bound with a broken foot) to record RAW.

I was gutted to hear Edge's speech, knew it was legit from the go, as great an actor as Edge is that emotion was all real. It's such a shame but it's nice that he can bow out while there's still time, has accomplished literally everything in the WWE, and will have a job for life there if he wants. Future GM, commentator, personality or w/e - 100%.

It's weird, like other than the IWC I'd say Edge is very few people's 'number 1 favourite'. Most people love him, but he's never been Number 1 face or heel in the company for a long period of time. In a weird way he's under-rated, stupid as it sounds but he literally has done EVERYTHING, and IMO doesn't have quite the status of your Rock's, Austin's, Angle's, HBK's, HHH and Cena's.

He has a huge rapport with the fans, and has long-gained the respect. But I feel he deserves more credit than he gets. He has been in the limelight of WWE for 13 years. He's had arguably the perfect career. Dominated the Tag Division, was part of many of the defining moments of the Attitude Era, then dominated the IC division. Then in the Upper Midcard Role he had stints as super-over face and absolutely detested heel. He then made the break into the main event and has fought the best of the best. Having top feuds as both Heel and Face.

He is the full-package, and everything you want as a wrestler. As far as I'm aware he's not a wrestler who complains etc either. He can really bow out, look back on his career as 'The Perfect Career'. He can do it (reasonably) healthily, and knowing that he's always gonna be welcome in WWE, and can probably be involved as much as he likes, always.

NoRoolz
04-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Biggest font I've ever seen.

Lock Jaw
04-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Friggin' Hulk Hogan:

“if any of the guys like me,Flair,Hardy,Andre,AA,Blanchard,orndoff,Henning would have listened to doctors we would have quit15yrsago. but I don’t know Edges working environment because they are a media company not a wrestling company. HH”

“wrestlers work hurt! What about Foley! I bet EDGE still wants to keep wrestling,he’s one of the boys big time!!! HH”

And then later:

“I’m not saying anything bad about Edge but he’s a real wrestler,Stone Cold and Cena had neck surgery and u couldn’t stop em,Or Edge it’s in Edges blood,he lives for this business he’s a real wrestler,he a lifer,he’s one of the real boys,he’s hard to hold down,that’s all. HH”

NoRoolz
04-12-2011, 01:37 PM
"Bellend" is the British term for 'HH'.

Rock Bottom
04-12-2011, 01:43 PM
I was waiting for people to cry about Hulk Hogan saying something that wasn't even insulting.

Rock Bottom
04-12-2011, 01:44 PM
That comment says to me that Edge is getting screwed over because he is not being given the option to ignore the doctors and continue to compete.

Rock Bottom
04-12-2011, 01:59 PM
OCW ( Ocoee Championship Wrestling ) started as KCW ( Kids Championship Wrestling ) in 2003. The non-profit organization does not wrestle in a ring but on a mat in the yard. KCW held monthly events just like any other wrestling promotion would. But after the promotion suffered wrestlers leaving and not finding the time or passion to perform anymore. Until, the chairman of the board Jose Antonio Beltran decided to resurrect the company that once was KCW and now is OCW. The letters "OCW" are simple, they mean redemption, rebirth, passion and a new era. OCW will be providing their fans with extreme, hardcore, daredevliry and high flying wrestling action that every fan should come to know. The wrestlers are teens, however, they're men who are willing to put it all on the line even if their bodies have to sacrifice to success and to be the future of wrestling. OCW will hold 1-2 taped events every month and will post them online soon after each event. OCW is also in the process to building their roster, developing new names for their pay-per-views and for match types. Please spread the word about OCW is the next big thing in Wrestling. Thank you so much for your support!

I can't say that I agree with you here. I don't like Edge at all. But his accomplishments speak for themselves. It's one thing to knock him for being a spaz, it's another thing to claim what you have. Back up your facts.

RiX1024
04-12-2011, 02:01 PM
Diolch yn fawr Edge, Thank you for your amazing contribution in WWE. He will always be my favourite wrestler ever since his E&C days to his Rated R reign. He's irreplaceable.

To be honest I'd be quite shocked if it's actually a work or him ending up beign Sexton Hardcastle in TNA. but we all knew he hinted that retirement was in his plans.

Attitude99
04-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Thank you Adam Copeland for all the great memories you have given us, you truly deserve your retirement and i wish you a good and healthy life with your family.

Jordan
04-12-2011, 02:58 PM
This is fucked man, I really didn't see this one coming. But I gotta say I am SO GLAD that he didn't paralyze himself and I totally want him to retire healthy so he can continue his other active pursuits like climbing mountains and such, can't do that with a wheelchair to rely on. Edge has had like the best career of anyone ever, seemingly always loved and important, and ALWAYS growing and evolving.

We never got to see the best he could do I think, but it is damn near impossible for anyone to come close to what he did do. He will be put in the echelon of Bret Hart, Shawn Michales, and Ricky Steamboat as one of the most exciting and consistent performers of all time. Hall of Fame worthy in an instant, and deserving of all accolades, scripted or not, he has ever received.

Mr. Pierre
04-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Edge had an amazing career, and even though his retirement wasn't on "his terms", you really can't go out much better than he did. His last match concluded in retaining the World Championship with his childhood best friend at WrestleMania.

RatedGSuperstar
04-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Never been a time where Edge's theme has been a better fit.

I definitely feel gutted by this, just because it was so unexpected. I know a lot of people felt like he was getting stale lately, but he was one of the few guys I always liked hearing talk. Sure, there wasn't a whole lot to his character towards the end, but you never knew when he was going to pull out something good.

I looked hard for my favorite Edge promo (The "you're wrong" one from a Raw after a PPV where he retained the title and tells kids things like "You know what you're going to be when you grow up? Wrong!"), but couldn't find it...so here's some random E&C goodness.

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FRGDiD7TBo4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FRGDiD7TBo4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gxqq5K0johc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gxqq5K0johc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

StevieA79
04-12-2011, 06:58 PM
It's a real shame for Edge but if anyone knows his own limits it's that man so I can only wish him all the best and respect his decision.

The man gave his all for the WWE since all the way from his Brood days to the Rated R Superstar to me he will always be one of the best performers of the 90's and 00's he really did have it all and he has to go down as one of the best PPV performers of all time.

What's next for him? Will he take some time off or get straight back into the mix?

I like the idea of making him Raw GM although I believe the Raw GM is The Rock shoot me down if you like but that's my gut feeling. I would love to see Edge become a commentator as he really gave good match commentary when given an opportunity and he could handle Cole well he seemed a natural in that position. Edge has a great wrestling mind and has always been quick witted if I was Vince Mcmahon I would recruit him as a commentator in an instant I think he'd be a great addition to the team.

Best of luck Edge it's a real shame you had to tap out but given what he's given over the years I can't say I am shocked he's had to retire earlier than expected.

I know many are saying he won't wrestle again but I wouldn't discount a Wrestlemania match down the line but as far as being a full time performer is concerned it's over sadly. At least he can enjoy life though, he's well off financially and has no doubt done well for himself at least he can take some time now to reap the rewards of that hard work over the years.

Lock Jaw
04-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Edge being RAW GM doesn't make sense because:

1) Edge had a "feud" with the GM, including destroying the laptop.
2) I am the GM anyways.

Triple Naitch
04-12-2011, 08:02 PM
One of my favorites of all time. Definitely one half of my favorite tag team ever. Gonna miss him, but I'm hoping that he'll be back soon as a mouthpiece.

Thank you, Edge.

Tom Guycott
04-12-2011, 08:07 PM
"At first, I thought it was my nuts! I blew chunks, and there were no nuts in my chunks, then I realized... it's prob'ly viral!"

Cool King
04-12-2011, 08:29 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EuCMVVHyGzQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cool King
04-12-2011, 08:45 PM
I'll admit though that I didn't think he was actually retiring. Like most people, I was waiting for Del Rio to come out on Raw.

But after watching what Edge said again, tonight, I think it's finally sunk in to me that he's actually retired now. :(

I love Edge and he's tied first as my favourite wrestler, along with Jericho. I've always liked the guy since I first saw him on TV not long after his debut. I always liked him during his Tag Team days with Christian and when he returned from his neck injury and was slowly turning heel, I started to like him more and more and then I just became a flat out mark for him. What made me a mark for him was when he cashed in his MITB on Cena at New Year's Revolution. I actually marked out when he won and from there on he was always going to be number one in my books.

That moment is a moment I'll always remember, and I actually don't think I've ever marked out like I did back then, and I don't I will again.

It sucks he's had to retire but it's all for the best. I'd rather have him never wrestle again but still have the possibility to make appearances than be confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life, or even be dead.

But I can say that I'm happy I got to see him in action with my own eyes. It's something I thought I'd never do. That being able to see my favourite wrester in a match with my own eyes.

I wish him the best, and hopefully, this isn't the last we've seen of him in the WWE.

Future Hall of Famer for sure.

VSG
04-12-2011, 08:49 PM
FUCK! I just watched Raw and caught his speech, came in here to make sure it was legit. Shit :'( :'(

Lock Jaw
04-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Yeah, I was like "Is this for real? Can't be" until he started to tear up/fight back tears. Then I was like "Oh shit this is real :'("

Innovator
04-12-2011, 09:16 PM
I'm gonna miss him. He was one of those guys who you saw come up through the ranks on tv, become what he became, grew as a wrestler and a character.

Like he said though, he gets to walk out. With his myriad of injuries, he's lucky to be able to do that.

Lock Jaw
04-12-2011, 09:22 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pFJdhkcbkSo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CSL
04-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Haven't read through this so it may have been mentioned already but retaining a World title at WrestleMania is a pretty fantastic last match. Almost a shame he didn't know he was gonna be done beforehand so he could have had the sendoff there.

The Naitch
04-12-2011, 10:02 PM
OCW ( Ocoee Championship Wrestling ) started as KCW ( Kids Championship Wrestling ) in 2003. The non-profit organization does not wrestle in a ring but on a mat in the yard. KCW held monthly events just like any other wrestling promotion would. But after the promotion suffered wrestlers leaving and not finding the time or passion to perform anymore. Until, the chairman of the board Jose Antonio Beltran decided to resurrect the company that once was KCW and now is OCW. The letters "OCW" are simple, they mean redemption, rebirth, passion and a new era. OCW will be providing their fans with extreme, hardcore, daredevliry and high flying wrestling action that every fan should come to know. The wrestlers are teens, however, they're men who are willing to put it all on the line even if their bodies have to sacrifice to success and to be the future of wrestling. OCW will hold 1-2 taped events every month and will post them online soon after each event. OCW is also in the process to building their roster, developing new names for their pay-per-views and for match types. Please spread the word about OCW is the next big thing in Wrestling. Thank you so much for your support!

XCaliber
04-12-2011, 10:56 PM
I looked hard for my favorite Edge promo (The "you're wrong" one from a Raw after a PPV where he retained the title and tells kids things like "You know what you're going to be when you grow up? Wrong!"), but couldn't find it...so here's some random E&C goodness.

Not the original footage but it still cracks me up:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g701p3qeIww" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dragoneyes
04-12-2011, 11:15 PM
One of the greats and a favorite of mine since the days of the brood, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get inducted into the Hall of Fame next year. So glad that I got to see him perform in person, the night he won King of the Ring no less. He will be missed.

The Naitch
04-12-2011, 11:50 PM
I wonder if they'll still keep Edge on TV? Or is it protocol to take someone off TV once they retire/get injured?

BigDaddyCool
04-13-2011, 12:01 AM
I can't stop thinking about the time HBK call edge fragile. Still seems to be ringing true. He was a good guy and will be missed. It makes sense now why Christian wrestled Del Rio prior to mania.

NormanSmiley
04-13-2011, 12:58 AM
Yeah, I was like "Is this for real? Can't be" until he started to tear up/fight back tears. Then I was like "Oh shit this is real :'("

so if you tear up during your retirement speech it means that is the end all be all to mean it's legit in the world of wrestling? See: Ric Flair

Lock Jaw
04-13-2011, 01:01 AM
That was different. Flair was retiring due to a storyline that could and most likely would be ignored at a later date.

Edge was retiring because doctors told him he had to.

Jeritron
04-13-2011, 04:41 AM
And it's obviously serious enough that they wouldn't even let him wrestle one match to drop the title.
Seems like something they'd do if they could.

This whole thing is very abrupt and untimely, given circumstances. It seems pretty obvious that the news came in like a sack of bricks on Monday. At the same time, several things just happen to work out incredibly well story-wise, like a ladder match and contenders already booked, Christian having prior involvement in the feud, and Edge getting to retire champion after a Wrestlemania match, like a bloody king.

voncouch
04-13-2011, 09:54 AM
so if you tear up during your retirement speech it means that is the end all be all to mean it's legit in the world of wrestling? See: Ric Flair

I was skeptical when I heard this. Still am, somewhat. But if they're working, do you know how pissed off people are going to be? Not just the fans, but everyone associated with the business that has blown up social media sending their respects.

Are they going to make a storyline out of this? Probably. They made a storyline out of Guererro's death, and if that wasn't legit, Eddie is the most dedicated worker of all time. But just because WWE is soulless doesn't make it any less real.

Jordan
04-13-2011, 10:47 AM
I just wanted to say again, how glad that I am Edge is not crippled and got out before it's too late.

Volare
04-13-2011, 11:45 AM
From what Matt Hardy said, Edge lives in NC now....might have to take a road trip.

Aguakate
04-13-2011, 11:49 AM
Thank you, Edge, for leaving your blood, sweat, tears and facial hairs in the ring, all in the name of one thing: trying to be the best...

...you failed in that, but...even though you reached your peak a some time ago, and were stale for the last 2 years or so...and even though I was never your fan, and never really thought you should've World Champion so many times...you gave us your best...

...and in the end, that's all that really matters...

Volare
04-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Um, what?

Volare
04-13-2011, 12:53 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mp_WRWReKb8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Londoner
04-13-2011, 12:55 PM
They're not fucking working you fucking retards.

edit: was in reply to the last post on page 3, bit drunk,lol.

Volare
04-13-2011, 12:57 PM
I was gonna say lol.

Providence Peep
04-13-2011, 01:43 PM
I had the honor and privilege of meeting Edge this past January when the WWE came to Providence, RI for RAW. A group of fans, including myself, were standing outside of the arena that morning and afternoon to watch the Superstars arrive, and when Edge got there he came over to sign autographs and take photos with us. One of the other fans who wanted to meet Edge was a young boy in a wheelchair (I think he had MS, if I remember correctly), and when Edge noticed him in the crowd of fans Edge went up to him, knelt down, talked to him, gave him an autograph, took a photo with him, etc. Edge really made the boy's day, and I will never forget witnessing that. It says a lot not only about how much Adam Copeland appreciates all his fans, but also about the kind of person he is outside of the ring.

It’s very sad for all of us fans that he has needed to retire, I’m one of the many who shed a tear when he announced his retirement on Monday night, but it’s good that he retired before his health worsened. HOF 2012!

Rock Bottom
04-13-2011, 01:50 PM
Aguakate is keepin' it real.

JimmyMess
04-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Edge was win

NormanSmiley
04-13-2011, 01:52 PM
i'll stick with my feeling its a work. everyone gets to think what they want

Londoner
04-13-2011, 01:56 PM

Just fuck off, you cuntfaced cunt.

NormanSmiley
04-13-2011, 02:00 PM
dude take a fuckin xanax what personal stake do you have in the life and or career of adam copeland? get a life fanboy.

Londoner
04-13-2011, 02:04 PM
Just laughing at your stupidity. :)

Volare
04-13-2011, 03:17 PM
TL, the one I can count on to make my day better. :rofl:

Aguakate
04-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Aguakate is keepin' it real.

...Just keepin' it real, just keepin' it real...

:cool:

Lock Jaw
04-13-2011, 04:08 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mp_WRWReKb8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:'(

Really hope this makes it to the WWE website or a DVD.

Poit
04-13-2011, 05:38 PM

Me too. :'(

Vastardikai
04-13-2011, 06:21 PM
I remember Edge as this: One of the only guys who could consistently get the correct reaction out of Cena. Cena always got mixed reactions, except against Edge, where he'd be consistently cheered.

Edge helped many people out in his run.

Thank you Edge.

Shadrick
04-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Honestly, I expect Edge to somehow, some way, cost Del Rio at Extreme Rules so him and Christian can have that last moment. I don't expect Edge to wrestle or get really physical, I just expect some kind of interference.

CSL
04-13-2011, 07:24 PM

It's not a work.

Gonzo
04-13-2011, 10:32 PM

Me too. :'(

It was so awesome to be there. Even though I don't follow wrestling nearly as much as I used to, it was awesome. It's unfortunate he has to retire.

When I bought the tickets to the show, I never would have expected to get to witness in person something like this. I just figured it would be cool to catch the event since it was in town. I hope the cheers translate well to TV because the crowd was pretty supportive of Edge. It definitely ended up being a special night, albeit bittersweet.

Londoner
04-14-2011, 04:21 AM

Yeah, same.:(

Innovator
04-14-2011, 07:29 AM
Can't embed, but here:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_pIEpb0i7k

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJYYVSYSIhc

Rammsteinmad
04-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Some of the comments in this thread, and some of the various Twitter comments by WWE superstars, makes it feel like Edge died. :(

Lock Jaw
04-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Know what you mean. My first post in this thread was almost "R.I.P. Edge" but then I realized he wasn't dead or anything.

Jordan
04-14-2011, 11:04 AM
It's still a shock. We all read the reports where he said he only had about a year left... came to an end a lot sooner than anybody thought. Edge was the second in WWE to John Cena, people like to think it was Orton but Edge is the one the replaces Cena at a house show if he's injured or unable to make it. Edge gone will leave a huge gap that only Christian can fill accurately with originality.

DAMN iNATOR
04-14-2011, 02:30 PM
In the beginning, there was E&C...and then, on October 9th, 2006, Edge would form a team, that had it lasted longer than it did, could have easily rivaled E&C. Still one of my favorite tag teams of the past decade though.
<IFRAME title="YouTube video player" height=390 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/F4KG2JZOWoY" frameBorder=0 width=480 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

<IFRAME title="YouTube video player" height=390 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EpQIe6Mp0xg" frameBorder=0 width=480 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/x2j595?theme=none"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/x2j595?theme=none" width="480" height="360" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2j595_dx-vs-rated-rko-cyber-sunday-2006-1_sport" target="_blank">DX vs Rated RKO Cyber Sunday 2006 (1-2)</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/StephFR82" target="_blank">StephFR82</a></i>

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/x2j5nz?theme=none"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/x2j5nz?theme=none" width="480" height="360" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2j5nz_dx-vs-rated-rko-cyber-sunday-2006-2_sport" target="_blank">DX vs Rated RKO Cyber Sunday 2006 (2-2)</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/StephFR82" target="_blank">StephFR82</a></i>

Lock Jaw
04-14-2011, 03:18 PM
Dunno. Kinda disliked Rated RKO.

DAMN iNATOR
04-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Dunno. Kinda disliked Rated RKO.

Devastating stuff, bro. :(:'(

Jeritron
04-14-2011, 08:53 PM
I enjoyed Rated RKO. Especially since they were a respectable foe for DX, who was steamrolling the entire tag division, literally.

I'm also usually a mark for super tag-team alliances. Providing they come together in a good manner, have a schtick, and don't feel forced. Rated RKO pleased me on that level. I didn't enjoy them nearly as much as Two Man Power Trip, but along those lines.

My biggest problem with the group was probably Orton. Not his biggest fan in general, or at that time.
Edge carried that team for me. So it was nice to see him working with Shawn and HHH as well.

I really wish we got to see more of what they had planned with Edge and Jericho. That was a dream team for me, and it was slated to be massive.
Michael Hayes says on that Jericho documentary that fans don't know how big it was intended to be for Smackdown.

Londoner
04-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Michael Hayes says on that Jericho documentary that fans don't know how big it was intended to be for Smackdown.

Yeah that intrigued me when i heard that, shame how things ended.

Lock Jaw
04-14-2011, 09:34 PM
I think I perhaps disliked DX so much at the time that it just made me not care abotu Rated RKO too.

XCaliber
04-15-2011, 01:18 AM
Maybe it was because I was a fan of both of them but I really enjoyed Rated RKO as I do not typically like randomly put together main eventer tag teams. Plus it probly helped that I couldn't stand this version of DX since they were so watered down compared to the Attitude Era. I'll admit they didn't put on as good of matches or had the chemistry of E&C pity they will never have a reunion here's a funny moment of theirs I distinctly remember:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gPtJ6axGiS4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. JL
04-15-2011, 03:20 AM
It is going to be really weird not seeing Edge wrestle anymore. It just seems like he was always one of those guys who was always there, in one way or another.

I'm just really glad his injury was uncovered before it became another wrestling tragedy.

He's had such a great career full of awesome moments.

Cool King
04-15-2011, 07:46 AM
I really wish we got to see more of what they had planned with Edge and Jericho. That was a dream team for me, and it was slated to be massive.

Yeah, I'll admit that I did mark out when Edge & Jericho were announced as a team at The Bash and then won the titles. My two favourite wresters as a team and champions, what more could I want?

Though when Edge did get injured, the thought of the team of Edge & Jericho ending didn't bother me that much as they were just getting started and I thought the team were only going to be around for maybe a few months anyway, but when Hayes said that on Jericho's DVD, I was really "bummed out". Can't really think of a better way to describe it than that. :-\

DAMN iNATOR
04-15-2011, 10:12 AM
I enjoyed Rated RKO. Especially since they were a respectable foe for DX, who was steamrolling the entire tag division, literally.

I'm also usually a mark for super tag-team alliances. Providing they come together in a good manner, have a schtick, and don't feel forced. Rated RKO pleased me on that level. I didn't enjoy them nearly as much as Two Man Power Trip, but along those lines.

My biggest problem with the group was probably Orton. Not his biggest fan in general, or at that time.
Edge carried that team for me. So it was nice to see him working with Shawn and HHH as well.

B-b-but Orton helped Edge set up all those "con-chair-to"'s, a tactic Edge took with him...besides, Orton's turned out just fine...remember how he made out just a few months later? At No Mercy 2007, Orton was awarded the title, lost it to Triple H in 11 minutes, then Trips had to defend his title later against Umaga, and then Orton won back the World Heavyweight Championship at the end of the night in a brutal last man standing match. Both have had outstanding careers, even if Orton can still stand to improve a bit.

Swish
04-15-2011, 10:44 AM
Why would Edge retire so soon after only just retaining the title at Mania?. What was he retiring for?. I think this might all be a work.

If Edge goes that means the only star left on the Smackdown Roster
that can actually get the fans going is Undertaker.

DAMN iNATOR
04-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Why would Edge retire so soon after only just retaining the title at Mania?. What was he retiring for?. I think this might all be a work.

Dude, it's not a work. Watch SmackDown! tonight and you will see that, especially once you see Edge hand over the WHC to Teddy Long. He even had an MRI within the past week or two revealing that he had an injury that had he stayed on, he'd be crippled or dead.

It's natural to want to be in denial about it, I know, especially after they set up what was going to be Edge v. Del Rio at Extreme Rules in a WM XXVII rematch for the title, but it's happened, and there's nothing anybody can do.

And not to lecture or anything, but they don't air the "PLEASE...DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME" ads for nothing, as much as people like to make jokes about those ads, often consisting of leaving out "not" or "do not" to make it sound as though WWE would actually condone it. They obviously don't want anyone injuring themselves and then suing the company.

Anywho, it really is a sad day. But then again, maybe it's not so bad to have to have a guy like Edge pass the torch. I mean, it's not like he really would have had much longer in the company anyway. And now with him gone, there will be a plethora of new guys ready to step up to the plate and become main eventers that we'll all grow to admire as they become the "next big thing". All we can do now, is remember Edge one last time, and then look to the future, for the future is where new (eventual) legends and hall of famers are made every day in WWE.

CSL
04-15-2011, 01:51 PM

Are you a bit mongy? The human body doesn't tend to try and fall in line with professional wrestling storylines when it comes to how much damage it can take.

But maybe you're right, maybe Edge's elbow joint or hair follicles could pass along a cash payment with a message to his neck and spine to try and persuade it to delay potentially paralysing or killing Edge until he's done putting Del Rio over/dropping the belt.

Evil Vito
04-15-2011, 10:02 PM
<font color=goldenrod>He's been told that one bad bump in any match could paralyze or even kill him. Yet you expect him to work a fucking LADDER match which nearly always involves bumps off the ladder and could very well traumatize the entire audience if said bad bump occurred?

Fuck you.</font>

Aguakate
04-15-2011, 10:07 PM
LOL

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4T3VmoHnicw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Londoner
04-15-2011, 11:48 PM

An injury, you fucking twat.

CSL
04-16-2011, 12:36 AM
The post-Smackdown stuff: http://vids.wwe.com/e/25010661

Various talking heads about Edge

Orton: http://vids.wwe.com/11780/ultimate-honors-randy-orton-has

Trips: http://vids.wwe.com/e/25011024

Christian: http://vids.wwe.com/e/25011022

Rey: http://vids.wwe.com/e/25011037

Show: http://vids.wwe.com/e/25011026

Cena: http://vids.wwe.com/e/25011035

Evil Vito
04-16-2011, 01:14 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Find it interesting that Del Rio (who can be seen at the very tail end as Edge is walking around) was hiding at the timekeeper's position the entire time, probably to stay out of view of the camera. Not really sure why kayfabe applied to him but nobody else (including his own "associates").

Brilliant moment. Gonna miss Edgeward.</font>

Lock Jaw
04-16-2011, 02:15 AM
http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/5204/futurefailureturtle.jpg

Lock Jaw
04-16-2011, 02:17 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/k3t9mx.jpg

:'( :'( :'(

*DISCO*DAVE*
04-16-2011, 11:29 AM
I've loved Edge since 1996, He wrestled on the Breakdown in Your House Card and I loved his whole persona then and have enjoyed all the developments of his character since.

Has always been an amazing in ring performer and he's up the with the greats at being able to make an opponent look magnificent.

E&C were amazing during the attitude era and helped define Tag Wrestling.

I spent the rest of Raw last week with tears welled in my eyes. I wish they had given this a bit of a build and let somebody storyline-wise 'retire' him. I feel the WWE have missed a trick there.

I am glad though, that he is able to go about the rest of his life now without serious pain.

Thanks to Edge, He will be sorely missed, and I look forward to seeing him in the HOF class of 2012.

Lock Jaw
04-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Really awkward over these past few days. Really feels like Edge is dead, and everything they do serves to reinforce that thought (all the tribute videos).... but then I'm like... "Wait. No. He was there. He was just talking. He's still alive."

Londoner
04-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Really enjoyed his Smackdown speech, with him doing his entrance again cause he loves it so much.:D And the chants for his mum who was in the crowd were great. Wish the proper tribute wasn't after the show, even though i've seen it. :mad:

Lock Jaw
04-16-2011, 03:00 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/fbyrsw.gif

Cool King
04-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Really awkward over these past few days. Really feels like Edge is dead, and everything they do serves to reinforce that thought (all the tribute videos).... but then I'm like... "Wait. No. He was there. He was just talking. He's still alive."

Yeah, I know what you mean.

I'm the same.

chrisat928
04-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Well, technically, Edge is dead.

Adam Copeland is alive though.

Londoner
04-16-2011, 03:29 PM

:(

Cool King
04-16-2011, 04:34 PM

Not really. Just because he's no long active doesn't make Edge dead. I'm sure Edge will make an appearance a few years down the line for whatever reason.

The Rock was not active for a long time, yet when he made appearances on WWE television, his WWE persona was alive and well.

Jeritron
04-17-2011, 01:24 AM
It's just because of the circumstances. How often does a beloved wretler in their prime have to walk away on top, with a title, with such a degree of certainty that they'll never wrestle again?

Everyone else either fizzles out, has a planned retirement that everyone cynically doubts, or just sort of ages.

Edge's situation has more in common with an Eddie Guerrero or Owen Hart in terms of how abrupt and untimely it is, so naturally there's a similar reaction as far as his career goes.
People are mourning his career.

Thankfully he is alive and well and will be around wrestling in some capacity. So it doesn't have to feel that way, but I see how it does.
I also see how a lot of people think the whole thing "sucks" and it does, but I don't really view it so negatively. I think going out on top and safely is aweome.

I also am a fan of a great retirement that means something though. That's why I was so dissapointed with Flair, and have my fingers crossed on Michaels and eventually Taker staying gone "right."
Edge is different though, of course. His time came too early and without any kind of pledge. He is forced to retire for bigger reasons.
So if by some medical miracle he could ever come back, I would welcome it. That's fair. I just don't want people to forever question the conviction of a retirement. It ruins moments like this.
I don't hope he's gone for good from the ring. But I believe it, and I like to think of his retirment as a positive given how well it caps off an incredible career that may be cut short for time, but certainly not content and quality.

M-A-G
04-18-2011, 02:52 PM
LOL

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4T3VmoHnicw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's clearly a glitch on the Tron. All the pixels are screwed up and it's making a shape of something that appears to be a guy laying down. It's the same effect your TV has when it tries to broadcast porn channels.

Cool King
04-18-2011, 08:43 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cTGbf7AhzgA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was from today.

Kindof pissed that I didn't go to it this year due University deadlines and so on. I went to the event in Newcastle in 2008 and saw Edge vs Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Championship.

I could have seen Edge for the last time. :(

Brigstocke
04-19-2011, 12:49 AM
How do all those Manc Scallies have Blackberries?

Also, Hello Disco Dave. When are you next in England?

*DISCO*DAVE*
04-19-2011, 01:48 AM
June 17th buddy, I'm planning on heading into Kent on the 19th-21st. Davey's putting me up on the 20th and 21st so was going to come and see you guys and the baby and sleep on your sofa on the 19th. Your Mrs wears the trousers so I asked her weeks ago.

Glad the lines of communication there are still open :lol:

Brigstocke
04-19-2011, 03:23 AM
You know Davey lives in Chaversham yeah?

She never tells me anything m8 :(

Aguakate
04-20-2011, 12:35 PM
...How many "farewells" is Edge gonna have? Not even HBK and Ric Flair had as many...GEEZ.

loopydate
04-20-2011, 01:32 PM
Yes, they did.

Brigstocke
04-20-2011, 02:45 PM
How about we get a room and I fuck you in the face?

DAMN iNATOR
04-20-2011, 05:11 PM
<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/x26le5?theme=none"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/x26le5?theme=none" width="480" height="360" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26le5_new-year-s-revolution-2006-wwe-cham_sport" target="_blank">New Year's Revolution 2006 - WWE Championship -...</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/Triple-M76" target="_blank">Triple-M76</a></i>

Swish
04-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the memories EDGE!!.

Remember it like it was yesterday when he was with The Brood :).

James Steele
04-21-2011, 04:09 PM
http://ui05.gamespot.com/1828/040206edge4_2.jpg

Amazing what he and Mick Foley were able to do in 2006.

CSL
04-21-2011, 04:46 PM
lol the kid in the Cena camo shirts face

NormanSmiley
04-21-2011, 05:38 PM
just thought about this. 11 time champion in a 5 year span. he never held the title too long huh?

Aguakate
04-21-2011, 06:03 PM
I want you people to watch this video from 6:23 on...and understand the realities of life:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pfa3goax4Xg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Naitch
04-21-2011, 09:08 PM
I love that guy. Reminds me of Funky Fly

Aguakate
04-21-2011, 10:33 PM
An update on the video above:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PFDjDQZcdJg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

James Steele
04-22-2011, 12:19 AM
I love how he says JOBBER.

Aguakate
04-22-2011, 12:39 AM
...I like how he said "I talked to a close friend of mine...on the internet".

Destor
04-23-2011, 03:49 PM
my thought on edge's work and retierment: eh

Triple Naitch
04-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Amazing how Destor comes back to TPWW at the same time that Edge has more free time.

Destor
04-23-2011, 10:04 PM
i see what you did there

Tazz Dan
04-24-2011, 04:11 AM
Amazing how Destor comes back to TPWW now that Daniel Bryan is on TV less.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Amazing how Destor comes back to TPWW...

Seriously, I miss him. :(

Corporate CockSnogger
04-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Amazing how I managed to hop in between WWKD and TD's posts, throwing Dan's response off a bit. And amazing how instead of going back and quoting WWKD, he edited this post.

Tazz Dan
04-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Me too. Him and Req were the first two guys who talked me into posting more a few years back.

DAMN iNATOR
04-27-2011, 10:42 AM
<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="360" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xbr5l2?theme=none&wmode=transparent"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbr5l2_tlc-vi-edge-vs-john-cena-part-1_sport" target="_blank">TLC VI - Edge vs John Cena (Part 1)</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/ROH4ever" target="_blank">ROH4ever</a></i>

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="360" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xbr6xj?theme=none&wmode=transparent"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbr6xj_tlc-vi-edge-vs-john-cena-part-2_sport" target="_blank">TLC VI - Edge vs John Cena (Part 2)</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/ROH4ever" target="_blank">ROH4ever</a></i>

I realize Edge lost the title at that event, however, I do feel that even though he was fighting Cena, it was one of the more memorable main events he took part in.

DAMN iNATOR
04-27-2011, 10:54 AM
<iframe src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xl9qs?theme=none&wmode=transparent" width="480" frameborder="0" height="369"></iframe>
WM2000 Triangle Ladder Match (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xl9qs_wm2000-triangle-ladder-match_sport) by olla666 (http://www.dailymotion.com/olla666)

<iframe src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xh9yio?theme=none&wmode=transparent" width="480" frameborder="0" height="360"></iframe>
Wwe-Fr.Net -Match #2 - Wrestlemania X-Seven -... (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xh9yio_wwe-fr-net-match-2-wrestlemania-x-seven-pt1-2_sport) by WweFrNet (http://www.dailymotion.com/WweFrNet)

<iframe src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xh9z3r?theme=none&wmode=transparent" width="480" frameborder="0" height="360"></iframe>
Wwe-Fr.Net -Match #2 - Wrestlemania X-Seven -... (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xh9z3r_wwe-fr-net-match-2-wrestlemania-x-seven-pt2-2_sport) by WweFrNet (http://www.dailymotion.com/WweFrNet)