PDA

View Full Version : What If: Cody Rhodes the Recluse

Mr. JL
04-15-2011, 03:10 AM
So, I must admit I do not watch much WWE but I was watching WrestleMania XXVII and I saw some definite potential in Cody Rhodes.

The Cody Rhodes constantly protecting, covering and hiding his face.

So, what if the WWE went further with this gimmick and pushed it to its limits? You could have Cody Rhodes wrestling with his current clear plastic face mask for a month as a heel. Throw in a babyface to tag with Cody Rhodes in as a reluctant tag team by order of the GM or whatever. The team works and wins, & continue tag teaming and perhaps earn themselves a tag team title shot.

You have the babyface of the group convince Cody that he no longer needs the plastic mask, because his face is healed and dashing. Cue tag match and Cody Rhodes partner accidently hits Cody in the face causing a loss and cauing Cody Rhodes another injury to his face. Then you have a easy program with said babyface of the group.

Then have Cody Rhodes become more reclusive. The clear plastic mask becomes a black mask covering his face. Eventually leading to a full mask, with a hoody covering his face and Cody just becoming weirdly obsessive with his "disfigurement" until his entire character has been altered into a masked recluse who believes himself to be a leper.

Throw in some angles with Cody Rhodes "disfiguring" other wrestlers, as well as giving him strong victories against credible opponents and perhaps his new character could become a World title contender/holder.

I think it could work if they really ran with it, and I know there has got to be a joke thrown in how the WWE makes Dusty's sons freaks (Goldust) but I think the character development, change and build could make Cody a huge heel.

Thoughts?

Rammsteinmad
04-15-2011, 06:09 AM
That would be an awesome idea!

He could even sing his own entrance music as he makes his way to the ring!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_scdO6nP-7VI/TMraIvSCR8I/AAAAAAAADmc/QSZ9sP88ejM/s1600/174753__phantom2_l.jpg

NoRoolz
04-15-2011, 08:25 AM
Really like the idea, seriously. So many nothing 'characters' in wrestling today. And already from just seeing Cody Rhodes once or twice since I've started watching again, I'm 100x more interested than I was when he was just standard 'I'm gonna be the future!' Cody Rhodes.

XL
04-15-2011, 08:57 AM
TBF that's not far off what they are doing with him. Good ideas though.

Nicky Fives
04-15-2011, 09:10 AM
Great Idea, but who would be his tag partner that would get the face push to feud with him??

Ted DiBiase? Daniel Bryan?

HBPunk
04-15-2011, 10:15 AM
Thoughts?

Ummmm...so basically you want his mask altered a bit?? Because his storyline is already pretty much going that way, aside from the pointless tagging thing. you really dont have much of an imagination do you?

Jordan
04-15-2011, 10:29 AM
I think Cody is gonna go bigger than tag gold though. I think next stop is a feud with the champ, maybe Christian?

Jordan
04-15-2011, 10:29 AM
Thoughts?

Ummmm...so basically you want his mask altered a bit?? Because his storyline is already pretty much going that way, aside from the pointless tagging thing. you really dont have much of an imagination do you?

Wow, we agree.

NoRoolz
04-15-2011, 11:23 AM
So, I must admit I do not watch much WWE but I was watching WrestleMania XXVII and I saw some definite potential in Cody Rhodes.

The Cody Rhodes constantly protecting, covering and hiding his face.

So, what if the WWE went further with this gimmick and pushed it to its limits?

RP
04-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Makes total since and that's why it won't happen.

XL
04-15-2011, 12:24 PM
And sense too I'd wager.

Anybody Thrilla
04-15-2011, 12:46 PM
You want Cody Rhodes to do the Kane gimmick?

NormanSmiley
04-15-2011, 01:16 PM
You want Cody Rhodes to do the Kane gimmick?
with a hint of outlaw ron bass disfiguring peoples faces with spurs and a tag team botch causing a breakup ala strike force too it seems

Anybody Thrilla
04-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Not to mention the hoodie of David Otunga.

NormanSmiley
04-15-2011, 01:36 PM
otunga's hoodie has better mic skills than david!

Godfather4Life
04-15-2011, 01:52 PM
so basically you want Cody Rhodes to be the love child of Kane and Phantom of the Opera??

Godfather4Life
04-15-2011, 01:56 PM
with a hint of outlaw ron bass disfiguring peoples faces with spurs and a tag team botch causing a breakup ala strike force too it seems

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vwpZC1hgaKc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ruien
04-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Nice idea, the tag team will give me his next feud. It is not about what they are currently doing with Cody but what the next step for him could be.

Daniel Bryan (I know he is on Raw, but that has never stopped any story idea before) would be a great choice for his partner. Kofi Kingston would also be a good pick.

jskinnyg
04-15-2011, 04:19 PM
I like the idea, then add what Rulen says above to the mix... Would be cool...

#1-norm-fan
04-15-2011, 04:50 PM
It's a good idea but as we've seen, WWE has been really against adding any sort of depth to characters for years now.

#1-norm-fan
04-15-2011, 04:52 PM
So many nothing 'characters' in wrestling today.

What he said.

FourFifty
04-16-2011, 02:48 AM
Cody VS Rey in a mask vs mask match. Book it!

XL
04-16-2011, 04:03 AM
Howsabout this...

The partner is...Goldust.

Have the big brother trying to help his younger (half) brother "come to terms with" his "disfigurement" or "snap out" out of his psychosis. We finally have Rhodes To Gold as a tag team who can run for a few months, even capturing the Tag Titles for a short run.

Then you do the "partner accidentally hits him the face" thing, Cody snaps and turns on his brother with a brutal beatdown and the pair fued. I think Goldust's painted "mask" also adds a very nice additional element to all of this.

Tom Guycott
04-16-2011, 05:05 AM
I've already suggested this:

http://images.cosplay.com/photos/10/1082146.jpghttp://o.aolcdn.com/gd-media/galleries/637/Vega.jpg

Maybe he does this after his face "heals", and actually adopts the Vega gimmick (in that he's a psycho who likes hurting people and protects his beautiful face... not the claw part. Or the Spanish part). Says stuff like "that will never EVER happen to my Dashing visage again!" He starts becoming ironically dependent on wearing a mask and even though he doesn't "need" it, he refuses to be be seen publicaly without it. Naysayers will get the same treatment J.R. got when he suggested there were no physical burns on the face of the freshly unmasked Kane.

I will admit I love the Kingdom Hearts-esque hoodie he's rocking now.

Asmo
04-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Oh fuck yes. A Vega-esque streak will really make Cody more interesting, and it wouldn't be too much of a change either.

Mr. JL
04-18-2011, 12:03 AM
Nice idea, the tag team will give me his next feud. It is not about what they are currently doing with Cody but what the next step for him could be.

Daniel Bryan (I know he is on Raw, but that has never stopped any story idea before) would be a great choice for his partner. Kofi Kingston would also be a good pick.

Daniel Bryan would definitely be a nice pick since he's a babyface, and the WWE seems to throw him together with a bunch of divas that could be used to help progress things as well.