PDA

View Full Version : How long do you think Cena will be in wrestling?

Rollermacka
04-18-2011, 03:36 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n-PkYVxM_d0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cena is the main attraction in WWE and hes been up there since 2005ish (about 6 years) He hasnt had too many serious injuried and is only 33, do you see Cena "pulling a Hogan" and staying at the top of the wrestling world for another 10+ years?

Side note, I've asked this question before, but was there this much Hogan hate durring the "Hulkamania" days? I remember when Hulk Hogan was attacked by Butcher (thats the earliest Hogan memory I have) and I dont remember people cheering when Hogan was being attacked (then again I was 6)

The Pope
04-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Until he stops drawing money.

M-A-G
04-18-2011, 03:39 PM
If he stays healthy I see him going until at least his forties.

NormanSmiley
04-18-2011, 03:58 PM
on the Cena topic. for the man i hop he stays healthy and has a long prosperous career. For this current character hopefully it dies off soon its ben stale for at least 3 years.

on the hogan topic..i don't think there was as much hogan hate as there was cena. when i was a kid i hated hogan and was pretty much the only one among the kids my age who did. but this could aslo be that the adults hated hogan then much like they do cena now and kids love em more or less. hard to tell

#1-norm-fan
04-18-2011, 04:06 PM
I don't think there was a lot of Hogan hate back in the day. Back then, wrestling was new and fresh to the mainstream and people, with no history to fall back on, were in it for what it was. A suspension of reality. As a character, Hulk Hogan was great and thus, that's what people judged him on. His iconic stature.

Now, with so much history to judge things on and the fact that wrestling is looked at not as a suspension of reality but as a simple form of entertainment, it's way more okay to boo people regardless of their character being "good" or "bad". People look at the business side of things, which never happened back then.

seapig4
04-18-2011, 04:16 PM
on the Cena topic. for the man i hop he stays healthy and has a long prosperous career. For this current character hopefully it dies off soon its ben stale for at least 3 years.

I'd say that Cena has been stale since he first won the title from JBL.

StevieA79
04-18-2011, 07:09 PM
He has to evolve like Hogan did he can't stay how he is now for another 10 years. The going age for going part time and retiring seems to be early forties and I think Cena will easily reach that age barring any major injuries.

I agree with 1-wwf-fan with Hogan noone hated him back in the day because he was the number 1 guy. You barely had the internet back then though in his WWF days it was all weekly programs and magazines. No doubt Hogan was an icon, the closest Hogan came to becoming a heel was when he feuded with the Ultimate Warrior and that's only because the Warrior had as big of a following as Hogan did around Wrestlemania 6. However if you look at Cena now the fans are mixed it's basically the smarks and marks in a nutshell. The marks are kids aged 7-13 and the smarks are 13-30+ that's just a sign of todays trends I guess.

Can Cena go till his forties, yes I believe he can and you have to think though what will happen when his current fans (the marks) in this case grow up? That's going to be the interesting time for me. He has to do something similar to Hogan he has to switch from face to heel to keep the interest in him but I am not sure he has the desire to do it.

He seems to want to go over as a super face no matter what and if he does attempt to do that then I do wonder how long he can stay interesting and relevant with the fans. As Norman said John Cena has become stale even his matches are the same blueprint match in match out and a super face in this day and age just seems awkward to me a lone wolf character would help him get over much better with the older crowds.

Xero
04-18-2011, 07:13 PM
I think he's done with wrestling.

Now, entertaining... That's a whole new ball game.

CSL
04-18-2011, 07:16 PM
He doesn't wrestle a demanding style, hasn't had too many major injuries, is a machine when it comes to being in shape and doesn't take too many bumps, especially 'bump card' ones so theoretically he should be around for as long as he pleases. He's just about the hardest working guy in wrestling however and the wear and tear affects everybody differently. So dunno.

James Steele
04-19-2011, 10:57 AM
I think the biggest issue with Cena will be mental fatigue. He is married now, and I assume they will eventually have children. I have no reason to believe John Cena has taken anything that would cause his testicles to become a barren wasteland of manhood.

The MAC
04-19-2011, 04:11 PM
the next hogan..calling it now..lol