PDA

View Full Version : WM XX- 3 disc set

SuperSlim
04-28-2004, 09:01 AM
Came out yesterday... Bought it yesterday... 3 disc set for 24.95 form FYE. Couldn't watch it last night so I am plannin on watchin it this afternoon.
So anybody else get it yet?

Tornado
04-28-2004, 09:07 AM
<font color=33ffff>It's not out in the UK yet, but i'll probably pick it up when it's released..:y:</font>

SuperSlim
04-28-2004, 09:23 AM
I'm just hopin that the Brock Lesnar/Goldberg match is not messed with in anyway. i wanna hear the fans.

Cactus Sid
04-28-2004, 09:32 AM
They've gone over some of the chants

SuperSlim
04-28-2004, 09:36 AM
well that sucks majorly

Sensei Of Mattitude
04-28-2004, 10:25 AM
I bought it at Strawberries in Boston for $25 as well. I thought the retail price was to be $35. I watched it and it is amazing.

If you are going to watch it, look out for when Pete Rose is introduced because I am the one with the ROSE 14 sign that the WWE gets a shot of. Im not even lying when I say that was me.

Point is, it was awesome.

DaveWadding
04-28-2004, 10:32 AM
I was thinking about buying it yesterday...then I realized I forgot my Circuit City ad so I could get a price match. (they have it for $19.99 to Best Buy's 24.99)

Disturbed316
04-28-2004, 10:36 AM
I was thinking about buying it yesterday...then I realized I forgot my Circuit City ad so I could get a price match. (they have it for $19.99 to Best Buy's 24.99)

Why dont you just get it at Circuit City?

The Ravishing One
04-28-2004, 02:19 PM
:n:

Ferocious
04-28-2004, 02:19 PM
Good job I taped it off sky sports lol the chants make the show in stages

The Ravishing One
04-28-2004, 02:20 PM
*pats self on back*

Corkscrewed
04-28-2004, 03:55 PM
Remember when PPV DVD's used to come out like THREE months after the actual PPV?

Xero
04-28-2004, 05:52 PM
Remember when PPV DVD's used to come out like THREE months after the actual PPV?
Tell me about it... Im sure this is a one time, rush job... The DVD, as far as I can see, is quality (I bought it but havent watched it fully yet)... Im guessing WWE wanted the money ASAP...

I was watching the Lesnar/Goldberg match before, and it does seem edited, atleast a little... I was there, and it seemed louder than it did on the DVD (Ive never seen it on TV before the DVD)... I heard that the only chant really tampered with was the "**** You Brock" chant... I think they may have toned it down a little bit from the live broadcast...

On a side note, we didnt know that Goldberg was walking from his locker room cause his tron was playing, so we thought he wasnt gonna show, or was gonna sneak attack Brock :lol:

RGWhat316
04-28-2004, 09:43 PM
I just bought that myself today. Took me 3 tries, Circuit City and Best Buy were all sold out. But went to Wal-Martd and got it for $22.74, and that was regular price so fine by me.

I haven't watched it all yet, but I checked out some of the talked about stuff. Ultimo Dragon's slip was edited. They used a far camera shot when he came out, and went close after he got up. Then he climbed the ropes just fine, when I heard he slipped there.

But I watched Goldberg/Lesnar first just to hear the crowd and most of the chants are in there. I heard "Sellout", "Boring", "This Match Sucks". And had to laugh when King tried to justify a "Goldberg Sucks" chant. King: "You can tell there are SmackDown fans here as I just heard Goldberg Sucks.

John la Rock
04-29-2004, 01:23 AM
sounds like a pretty hot DVD. I will buy it when it comes out in Canada :y:

SuperSlim
04-29-2004, 09:28 AM
Well I kinda watched it all the way through.

It was really sor tof a let down from XIX but it was still overall good. I listened to the crowd durin the Lesnar/Brock match. Started out with the "You sold out" and to hear King cover that up was priceless. "A sold out chant from a sold out crowd."

Watchin Taker was bad. :n:

The only times I really enjoyed it and actually felt like a fan of wrestling like I used to back in '92 was when Trips tapped, Benoit's reaction, and Guerrero and Benoit in the ring together as champions.

the_rock's_#1_fan
04-29-2004, 03:59 PM
I am SOOOOOOOOOO going to get this ASAP! :) :D :lol: :rofl: :cool: :drool: :naughty: :love:

Sure it wasn't as great as it could've been, but I enjoyed it for the most part.

The only thing I want to know is how big the insect up Vinnie Mac's @$$ was that he just HAD to have The Rock & Mick Foley lose to Orton, Batista & Flair, even though for The Rock it was a one-time WM deal until he comes back full-time again which I can safely say (I would think, anyway) that won't be for quite a while, and Mick Foley...what can I say? The man has gone through PURE HELL throughout his career, and hasn't whined or complained about it, and actually ENJOYS putting on a GREAT show for the fans each and every time he steps into the ring...I was so PO'd @ the outcome of that match when I saw it that I might just skip that whole d@mn match in it's entirety if i get this 3-DVD set...of course, though that's Vince for ya, he can't go 1 show without pissing off at least ONE person :foc: :nono: :nono: :mad:

Mr. Nerfect
04-29-2004, 06:08 PM
So what are the special features? I haven't really been keeping track on the DVD, since I taped WMXX when it was on, but I was just wondering if the special features do it justice.

Boondock Saint
04-29-2004, 07:35 PM
Just in case anyone is planning on getting the VHS, I just read this at wrestlezone...

Apparently WWE cut off both tag team title matches, the cruiserweight open, and all backstage interviews, skits, and videos from Wrestlemania XX in their commercial VHS tape release. The tape is edited down to three hours.

Russell Crowe
04-30-2004, 09:48 AM
3 HOURS?! WTF?! They hyped it SO MUCH as being over 4 hours, then they cut it down? It's gonna have to be the DVD when it comes out in England then.

SuperSlim
04-30-2004, 09:53 AM
well I know that some of the specials include that mania of WM that "The Body" did that one time on TNN... the Best of WM that Flair did... they also got like a gallery of all the WrestleManias starting at the first WM all the way to WM XIX. they give facts about each WM and there is a trivia... I didn't get a chance to go over all of the specials yet. But they of course have post match interviews... commercials for some of the big matches... and other stuff on it... I have to check it out again some time tonight or tomorrow.

HankScorpio
04-30-2004, 09:57 AM
Me and about Ten of my mates stayed up and watched WMXX, although it wasn't brilliant, we all really enjoyed it and talked of nothing else for weeks, I'm dying for the DVD to be released in the UK and I'll get it as soon as it comes out, tampered with or not. by the end we were so drunk I can hardly remember the final match, and my video cut out on the final hour...man, as soon as I get that DVD we're all gonna do the same again and relive that drunken PPV hahaha