PDA

View Full Version : SD spoilers 4/29

Juan
04-26-2011, 11:18 PM
*The new roster members are already in the new open.

*Announced for the show is WWE Tag Team champs Kane & Big Show vs. The Corre and Mark Henry vs. Rey Mysterio.

*The World title is hanging above the ring.

*Smackdown opens with Randy Orton coming out to a huge pop, introducing himself to the Smackdown fans. Drew McIntyre, wearing a Raw shirt, comes out and interrupts. McIntyre goes for his DDT but Orton slips out and drills him with the RKO. Alex Riley tries to interrupt but before he can say a word, he eats an RKO as well. The crowd loves all of this. Alberto Del Rio, Brodius Clay and Ricardo Rodriguez come out. Alberto says he will bring the World title to Raw. Clay squares off with Orton but Christian hits the ring to even the sides. Teddy Long announces a tag match main event for tonight.

*Kofi Kingston comes out but Sheamus attacks him during the pyro pose on the entrance. Kofi was wearing a Raw shirt. Sheamus destroys him and poses. Kingston is carried out by officials. Great way to leave the brand, eh?

*There is an in ring promo by a heavily bruised Michael Cole, who brings out Jack Swagger. Cole does a pig call to mock Jim Ross.

Swagger vs. Sin Cara. Cara nails the entrance! The match is being worked with old school Kane style mood lighting with blue and orange lighting. Cara dominated and won with a victory roll after Cole landed Swagger a weapon that Swagger never got a chance to use. Cara was over.

Backstage segment with Rey Mysterio being wished well on Raw by The Great Khali and Ranjin Singh. After Rey leaves, a large man of Indian descent appears. Khali and Singh treat him like a big deal and they all speak in Hindi together.

There is an in-ring promo by Rey where he talks about how it is hard to leave Smackdown but he promises he would beat Cody Rhodes at Extreme Rules.

*Rey Mysterio defeated Mark Henry by DQ. Not a bad match. Rey nailed the 619. Cody Rhodes attacked Rey in the crowd. Henry walked out laughing. Rhodes put a paper bag over Rey's face.

*WWE Tag Team champions Big Show & Kane defeated The Corre with double chokeslams.

*Michelle McCool vs. Layla El goes to a double countout. There is a big "Let them fight" chant after they are held apart by officials. Layla issues a challenge for a No DQ, No Countout match. McCool accepts and adds a Loser Leaves Smackdown stipulation. Layla accepts.

*Matt Striker interviews Christian who discusses his title match at Extreme Rules and Edge's retirement. Christian says it's HIS destiny to earn the right to be called World champion.

*Randy Orton & Christian defeated Alberto Del Rio & Brodius Clay when Orton pinned Brodius with the RKO.

Mr. Pierre
04-26-2011, 11:30 PM
Looks like they're giving Henry a big opportunity, which is interesting...but w/e...

Even though SD got pretty screwed in the draft IMO, I'm happy to see that the lack of depth has provided room for Christian to FINALLY main event full-time.

VSG
04-27-2011, 12:28 AM
After Rey leaves, a large man of Indian descent appears. Khali and Singh treat him like a big deal and they all speak in Hindi together.

Well I'll be damned if they are going to make a storyline here for Khali.

St. Jimmy
04-27-2011, 01:30 AM
:meh: even with randy the show is still boring.

Lock Jaw
04-27-2011, 01:45 AM
Brodius.

Anyways, Orton being on SD doesn't bode well for any sort of extended title run for Xtian.

Mr. Nerfect
04-27-2011, 04:25 AM
I dunno, I sort of hope that they'll be some sort of quick program between Orton and Alex Riley. I think that could be kinda cool. The idea of Christian vs. Orton is quite good, too, but they just shouldn't move the World Heavyweight Title to Orton so quick. Let Christian win the first match, and be like "Oh, shit, he is a big deal," and then have their second match ruined by interference which allows Orton and Christian to move onto different programs (temporarily).

Lara Emily
04-27-2011, 04:40 AM
Another week another show that sounds utterly lame,

Mr. Nerfect
04-27-2011, 05:24 AM
I don't know, it sounds like there is some good in-ring action taking place.

Triple Naitch
04-27-2011, 06:00 AM
I'm guessing the LayCool match is for Extreme Rules?

Gertner
04-27-2011, 07:47 AM
Smackdown looks pretty good this week.

JimmyMess
04-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Wait so Mark Henry takes out the top RAW babyface and *arguably* the top babyface on Smackdown and nothing comes of it?

Hrrrmmmmmmmm. Michael Hayes must be at it again.

Theo Dious
04-27-2011, 11:07 AM
*Michelle McCool vs. Layla El goes to a double countout. There is a big "Let them fight" chant after they are held apart by officials

Wow, the crowd was into this? Dizamn.

DAMN iNATOR
04-27-2011, 11:26 AM
LOL, 3/29.

CSL
04-27-2011, 11:28 AM
LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

CSL
04-27-2011, 11:29 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MbRruk9V_uQ/TJkMtZIBECI/AAAAAAAAAMg/oNHAF6Xv0qA/s320/point-and-laugh-300x293.jpg http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad284/elusive-design/mexican-1.png

CSL
04-27-2011, 11:29 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: 3/29

DAMN iNATOR
04-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Wow, the crowd was into this? Dizamn.

Wow, a "loser leaves SmackDown!" match. Yeah, that's never been done before. :roll: Just another lame way of trying not to let on that whoever loses won't be fired, they'll just be traded to, and subsequently buried on, RAW.

Well, it was nice while your 15 minutes lasted, eh Layla?

CSL
04-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Bet that match (REAL ORIGINAL) will end with a pinfall or submission. That's never been done before either :roll:

Ermaximus
04-27-2011, 12:05 PM
So I wonder if the Indian guy is Jinder Mahal from FCW?

I also like the fact that JTG and Kofi were moved to Raw in exchange for Mark Henry. So Hayes got rid of 2 black guys in exchange for 1. Hmmmm.

VSG
04-27-2011, 12:09 PM
He doesn't look like a "large man" though.

DAMN iNATOR
04-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Bet that match (REAL ORIGINAL) will end with a pinfall or submission. That's never been done before either :roll:

Hmm...I dunno. I don't like it! Sets too dangerous of a precedent. What if more matches started ending with these (as you call them) "pinfalls" or "submissions"???!!!

:shifty:

VSG
04-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Bless you, DAMN iNATOR :'(

Juan
04-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Serious business

<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody id="collapseobj_usercp_reputation"><tr><td class="alt2">http://tpww.net/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</td> <td class="alt1Active" id="p35055456835" width="50%"> SD spoilers 4/29 (http://tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3505545#post3505545) </td> <td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">04-27-2011 08:27 AM</td> <td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> DAMN iNATOR (http://tpww.net/forums/member.php?u=6835) </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">It's April, not March dumb-ass. Quit trying to time-travel.</td></tr></tbody></table>

CSL
04-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Fucking gimp.

Ermaximus
04-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Juan, when you invent the flux capacitor, let me know please?

Triple Naitch
04-27-2011, 05:02 PM
Serious business

<table class="tborder" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1"><tbody id="collapseobj_usercp_reputation"><tr><td class="alt2">http://tpww.net/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</td> <td class="alt1Active" id="p35055456835" width="50%"> SD spoilers 4/29 (http://tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3505545#post3505545) </td> <td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">04-27-2011 08:27 AM</td> <td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> DAMN iNATOR (http://tpww.net/forums/member.php?u=6835) </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">It's April, not March dumb-ass. Quit trying to time-travel.</td></tr></tbody></table>

lol :'(

The Show Off
04-27-2011, 05:02 PM

I also like the fact that JTG and Kofi were moved to Raw in exchange for Mark Henry. So Hayes got rid of 2 black guys in exchange for 1. Hmmmm.

Yeah but Michael Hayes is blacker than Mark Henry... according to him.

#1-norm-fan
04-27-2011, 05:07 PM

It has to be

#1-norm-fan
04-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Well I'll be damned if they are going to make a storyline here for Khali.

That's what happens when he moves over to the brand where the writers actually try.

#1-norm-fan
04-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Wow, a "loser leaves SmackDown!" match. Yeah, that's never been done before. :roll: Just another lame way of trying not to let on that whoever loses won't be fired, they'll just be traded to, and subsequently buried on, RAW.

Lol. Are you really complaining about a wrestling stipulation that has been around for decades in some form?

Or is there a less "lame" way to go about things?

Tazz Dan
04-29-2011, 04:38 AM
Just watched this. Pretty good show. Orton was VERY over which surprised me, although I still don't think he will be able to carry the show as the number 1 face. Just my opinion anyway.

Sheamus destroyed Kofi so hopefully we'll be seeing good things from him.

I enjoyed Rey/Henry, I'd be happy to see him in the world title picture at some stage.

Sin Cara was over also and had a great match with Swagger.

Overall I'm looking forward to the new talent and which direction they take with the roster.

Raven Reaper
04-29-2011, 04:45 AM
And I heard chants, "LET THEM FIGHT!" during the Laycool after match.. Never before an audience even had interest in diva feuds before...

I'm betting Layla will win.. UNless, McCunt wins, I hate that bitch. SHe's the bigger annoyance of the 2.

Skippord
04-29-2011, 04:58 AM
"I'm betting one person will win, unless the other person in the match wins"

Ermaximus
04-29-2011, 10:38 AM
"I'm betting one person will win, unless the other person in the match wins"

Or they both lose and lose their tops at the same time.

XL
04-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Just watched. At the end of the segment with Laycool they seem to have (badly) edited in "WWE" to the Loser Leaves stip. Dunno what that means.

Ermaximus
04-29-2011, 02:17 PM
WWE developmental talent Jinder Mahal, a wrestler billed from Punjab, India, debuts on tonight’s episode of WWE SmackDown!.

Mahal appears in a backstage segment with Rey Mysterio, The Great Khali and Ranjin Singh, where The Punjabi Playboy and his manager wish The Master of the 619 good luck on RAW. Mahal greets Khali in their native tongue and walks off.

Mahal, who’s real name is Yuvraj Dhesi, is a 24-year-old wrestler from Calgary, Alberta, Canada that WWE signed to a developmental contract in early 2010 following a tryout at Florida Championship Wrestling. He has been wrestling since 2004 and trained alongside Rick Bognar (a/k/a fake Razor Ramon), Bad News Brown and The Great Gama, all of whom having previous WWE experience.

Fox
04-29-2011, 03:57 PM
"Mahal" means "love" in Hindi. (random note from having an Indian girlfriend)

Tazz Dan
04-29-2011, 04:14 PM
Just watched. At the end of the segment with Laycool they seem to have (badly) edited in "WWE" to the Loser Leaves stip. Dunno what that means.

Ryan Clark is reporting that Michelle McCool is leaving WWE for real. I wonder how many people will chance their tipsters with this knowledge....

VSG
04-29-2011, 04:59 PM

"Mahal" means "Building" in Hindi. (random note from having being an Indian)

Tazz Dan
04-29-2011, 05:01 PM

"Mahal" means "Building" in Hindi. (random note from having being an Indian)

I dunno. Fox seems to know what he's on about.

Fox
04-29-2011, 05:41 PM
My bad. It's tagalog (Filipino language) for "love" or an endearment toward another person meaning "my love."

It does mean "palace" in Hindi.

Tazz Dan
04-29-2011, 05:44 PM
My sister and brother in law live in Tanay in the Philippines and he speaks tagalog. He's telling me it means expensive in their language.

Tazz Dan
04-29-2011, 05:44 PM
Not the best run for you right not hey Fox? :(

VSG
04-29-2011, 05:49 PM
lol :'(

Poit
04-29-2011, 08:12 PM
Booker T: Trust me, I know, being a part of one of the greatest tag teams of all time

Michael Cole: Yeah, you and Goldust were pretty good

Josh Matthews: *stifled laughter*

Asmo
04-29-2011, 09:30 PM
Yeah, "Mahal" means Palace in Hindi. As in "Taj Mahal" (not the Tea brand). Fuck, wait till the lingual Indian media gets a hold of this news. They'd all gone on 24 hour Khali promo sprees when he won the title.

VSG
04-29-2011, 10:11 PM
Erm.. You aren't Indian by any chance, are you?

Mr. Nerfect
04-29-2011, 11:04 PM
Yeah, it was Jinder Mahal. I'm surprised at how big the guy actually looked. Not a giant, but got some size on him. Also, that he is getting pushed outside of NXT means good things for him, I guess. Ranjin Singh was pretty much wetting himself when he showed up. I guess they're doing a "Holy shit! These guy is India's best!" angle with him.

Also, I lolled at the poorly edited "Loser Leaves...WWE..." bit during the Layla/Michelle McCool stuff.

The rest of the show was really good, too. I was impressed by The Corre/Kane-Show match. Good on Gabriel & Slater for getting something nice and fun out of two guys not always known for it in Kane & Show.

And we haven't even seen how Daniel Bryan, Ted DiBiase, Yoshi Tatsu, William Regal and others will fit into the new SmackDown!.

MIZantine Empire
04-29-2011, 11:25 PM
LOL, 3/29.
thats my bday! i will be down to do some time traveling to that date, lol

MIZantine Empire
04-29-2011, 11:26 PM
Booker T: Trust me, I know, being a part of one of the greatest tag teams of all time

Michael Cole: Yeah, you and Goldust were pretty good

Josh Matthews: *stifled laughter*
yea that was funny, and if you looked right after, one of the camera shots showed booker in the background, and he was looking at cole and cracking up. cole made him legit lol on that one

MIZantine Empire
04-29-2011, 11:29 PM
i do love me "th-ome" (some) cody rhodes, but the paper bag thing? really? beautiful people did that shit in TNA a year or two ago. its bad when you gather ideas from TNA. and cole saying Christian has never had a "world" title..he WAS ECW champ..i know that belt didnt count, but it had the title of World Champ tied to it. Coles gay

Jordan
04-29-2011, 11:32 PM
Putting paper bags on peoples head has been around longer than TNA guy.

VSG
04-29-2011, 11:33 PM
The WWE-ECW title never had the World Championship note attached to it.

Tazz Dan
04-30-2011, 01:00 AM
It did to start with, when RVD won it

Tazz Dan
04-30-2011, 01:01 AM
But I see your point. At that time it was just another belt.

Tazz Dan
04-30-2011, 01:01 AM
Sorry, "Title".

Lock Jaw
04-30-2011, 02:19 AM
Should have hired Sonjay Dutt instead.

MIZantine Empire
04-30-2011, 02:56 AM
Putting paper bags on peoples head has been around longer than TNA guy.
i understand that. just saying in the sports enterainment industry tna used that thing first. i cant stand tna, but im just pointing things out.

MIZantine Empire
04-30-2011, 02:57 AM
The WWE-ECW title never had the World Championship note attached to it.
well then technically he was the "major champion of a WWE brand"

Lock Jaw
04-30-2011, 03:01 AM
i understand that. just saying in the sports enterainment industry tna used that thing first. i cant stand tna, but im just pointing things out.

TNA is far from the first to have a wrestler put paper bags over people's heads.

http://www.wwe.com/f/imagecache/gallery_photo/photo/image/2011/04/SD_610_Photo_69.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

XL
04-30-2011, 03:33 AM
i do love me "th-ome" (some) cody rhodes, but the paper bag thing? really? beautiful people did that shit in TNA a year or two ago. its bad when you gather ideas from TNA. and cole saying Christian has never had a "world" title..he WAS ECW champ..i know that belt didnt count, but it had the title of World Champ tied to it. Coles gay
Didn't "Kristin" himself say he had never won a World Title? Which would also exclude the NWA Title.

MIZantine Empire
04-30-2011, 03:51 AM
Didn't "Kristin" himself say he had never won a World Title? Which would also exclude the NWA Title.
probably, idk...he probably did like the rest of the world and forgot about that little ECW stint

MIZantine Empire
04-30-2011, 03:51 AM
TNA is far from the first to have a wrestler put paper bags over people's heads.

http://www.wwe.com/f/imagecache/gallery_photo/photo/image/2011/04/SD_610_Photo_69.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
well whatever the case, i did love cody going around ringside giving the people the bags last week. and also loved the one fan at the end of the show who still had it on, lol

DAMN iNATOR
04-30-2011, 11:51 AM
probably, idk...he probably did like the rest of the world and forgot about that little ECW stint

Nah, man, he didn't forget the ECW title run, you can count on that...WWE just didn't, doesn't and probably never will, consider the ECW title a world title, despite how fans might feel, and I'm sure VKM would never allow a TNA world champion to be acknowledged by brand name, but maybe they'd include the number of WWE/TNA/WCW title reigns and combine them (i.e., "so-and-so, the 12-time champion" or whatever...)

XL
04-30-2011, 11:57 AM
It'd be a retcon scenario anyway. If WWE doesn't view the latter part of the ECW Title as a World Title you can pretty much scrap any instance where it may have been. If RVD, Big Show, Punk, Morrison were considered ECW World Champion at the time, you can bet your ass that it's been "edited" out now.

CSL
04-30-2011, 01:41 PM
DAMN iNATOR. Christian's personal buddy.

Asmo
05-01-2011, 04:09 AM
Erm.. You aren't Indian by any chance, are you?

Yup. Mumbai, India.

Fox
05-01-2011, 05:58 AM
My sister and brother in law live in Tanay in the Philippines and he speaks tagalog. He's telling me it means expensive in their language.

Comes from Yahoo Answers:

Mahal has many meanings in the Philippines:

1. For the person you love: (as an adjective): dear, precious, beloved,
2. For the person you love (as a noun): your dear, your dearly beloved, your loved one,
3. For things, as an adjective: Mahal means expensive
4. As a verb: to love

Just google "what does Mahal mean?" and you'll see that I'm not wrong. I work on a cruise ship with like 1,000 Filipinos and they often refer to each other as "mahal."

Tazz Dan
05-01-2011, 06:16 AM
Thankyou for not seeing we weren't being serious and only having fun with you and pointing that out :)

VSG
05-01-2011, 09:45 AM
Serious business

Skippord
05-02-2011, 09:23 AM
so we all agree Mahal means palace, yeah?