PDA

View Full Version : The Undertaker Rumours...

Mr. JL
05-08-2011, 02:52 AM
The Undertaker Considered Retired Within WWE

By Ryan Clark on Saturday, May 7th, 2011 at 6:19 PM EST

Regarding The Undertaker’s wrestling status, the mentality of WWE personnel is that he’s considered retired. This explains Michelle McCool leaving to spend more time with him at home.

The Undertaker is in far worse physical shape than is being let on. While company officials aren’t ruling The Deadman out for a match at WrestleMania XXVIII, he is not expected to compete before then. People close to the legend have talked to him about retiring at the event.

More as we get it. Stay tuned.
---

Okay, I know this is just Ryan Clark but it is on the TPWW main website... so I was wondering how no one has posted about this?

Seems to me that The Undertaker retiring is pretty big news. I know the man is fairly broken down and if ANYBODY deserved a year off to heal from injuries it is The Undertaker.

Just seems weird no one else has commented on this. Especially since there were some online rumours of The Undertaker being drafted to Raw. I guess it is all just rumours... but since they all coincide together (along with Michelle McCool leaving the WWE (I had no idea she had been with the company for that long))

What do you guy all think of the rumours? Retiring? Healing injuries?

Jura
05-08-2011, 03:20 AM
Taker tappin dat ass full-time now.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-08-2011, 03:42 AM
You hot the nail on the head. It's on the main site, no-ones talking because it's untrustworthy.

Get another source and it'll probably be discussed.

Londoner
05-08-2011, 05:19 AM
Seems like it could be true, but dunno for sure yet....

James Steele
05-08-2011, 05:28 AM
I think ending it at 20-0 would be very nice if they want "The Streak" to never die. Personally, if it is his retirement match, then they need to use it to make someone for life. 19-1 with a superstar going from on the cusp to immortality. Then, Undertaker gives his final farewell and is taken back by the "Demons of the Night" in some insane special effects smoke and mirrors thing to close the show. I'm just glad it won't be Cena (as he needs a win over Taker as much as Triple H needs a divorce).

Mr. Nerfect
05-08-2011, 05:50 AM
The Undertaker was always going to be taking time off for months and months. I'm fairly certain he'll be back for a match at WrestleMania. I've got no clue who his opponent will be, but I agree with Mr Steele -- use that shit to make someone for life.

Waylander
05-08-2011, 07:22 AM
Wait, I read this last year...and the year before that...and....

I don't think he should lose and 'make' somebody. Why does he have to lose to do that? If somebody young went in there and kept up with him, came close to winning and then lost I'd say it would be a huge building block for them.

LK
05-08-2011, 07:26 AM
I think ending it at 20-0 would be very nice if they want "The Streak" to never die. Personally, if it is his retirement match, then they need to use it to make someone for life. 19-1 with a superstar going from on the cusp to immortality. Then, Undertaker gives his final farewell and is taken back by the "Demons of the Night" in some insane special effects smoke and mirrors thing to close the show. I'm just glad it won't be Cena (as he needs a win over Taker as much as Triple H needs a divorce).
About 5 years ago, I would have agreed with this but I now I don't think there is any value in having someone beat Taker at Mania and get that major push. There certainly isn't anyone on the roster now who needs or deserves it and I suspect, with the way certain guys have left after getting huge pushes, Vince isn't going to be too keen on giving the rub to a young guy.

Nicky Fives
05-08-2011, 08:19 AM
How is this different than 5 years ago? He's only worked about 2 months of a year then as well....

Xero
05-08-2011, 08:23 AM
This is Ryan Clark writing a "news article" that can be easily assumed by anyone who's followed internet news sites for the past four months, and there is no real basis for it other than what's been out there for months.

Taker will wrestle again. And if he doesn't? Oh well. But that wouldn't prove Clark right.

Razzamajazz
05-08-2011, 09:30 AM
there's no pwi as the "partial source" so this is just some shit he made up

YoungFlyFlashy
05-08-2011, 10:05 AM
His final match will be at Wrestlemania, and it will be a Hell in a Cell match against Mick Foley. Book it! I am calling it now.

The Pope
05-08-2011, 10:44 AM

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nxjpVASll3I?fs=1&start=13&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nxjpVASll3I?fs=1&start=13&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Supreme Olajuwon
05-08-2011, 10:52 AM
If he's not coming back until WrestleMania and they don't plan on having him lose, then they need to go all out and get Lesnar. That would be beyond epic.

Or just let Jericho be #20.

The Pope
05-08-2011, 10:53 AM
I can see Vince McMahon putting himself in that last match.

Anybody Thrilla
05-08-2011, 11:01 AM
I'd like to see The Miz beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. There, I said it.

Heisenberg
05-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Motherfuckin Ryan Clark's posts are mostly thanking the dozens of ppl that added him on Facebook, then a lil wrestling rumor, dude's garbage.

#1-norm-fan
05-08-2011, 12:06 PM
The more I think about how beat up he is, the more I'm starting to get on board with the "the streak won't end" theory.

whiteyford
05-08-2011, 12:11 PM
20-0 would look better on the dvd cover, we all know the streaks getting one eventually.

Stickman
05-08-2011, 12:14 PM
20-0 would be ideal. Nobody should beat him unless it ends up being an Austin 3:16 kind of moment, which it won't be.

parkmania
05-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Zack Ryder to break the streak!!

DAMN iNATOR
05-08-2011, 04:08 PM
...if any of it's true anyway...

Regarding The Undertaker’s wrestling status, the mentality of WWE personnel is that he’s considered retired. This explains Michelle McCool leaving to spend more time with him at home.
The Undertaker is in far worse physical shape than is being let on. While company officials aren’t ruling The Deadman out for a match at WrestleMania XXVIII, he is not expected to compete before then. People close to the legend have talked to him about retiring at the event.

Hence why I said if any of it's true. Seems like just rumors as of now, and plus it's Clark, so...

ron the dial
05-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Well, holy shit...

http://tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=112957

Juan
05-08-2011, 04:13 PM
lol

Jura
05-08-2011, 04:14 PM
This thread has been...

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy119/NAZ2376/00003.jpg

BATISTA BOMBED!!

#BROKEN Hasney
05-08-2011, 04:25 PM
That's more of a set-up with no bombing occurring whatsoever.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-08-2011, 04:26 PM
It would be more appropriate to say this thread has been "Put between Batista's legs head first in a setup to be Batista Bombed".

ron the dial
05-08-2011, 04:26 PM
:rant: BOMMMMMMBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.

bombed

Emperor Smeat
05-08-2011, 04:27 PM
For the past few years the Undertaker always takes a vacation either to rest or heal some injuries and returns by Summerslam or Survivor Series.

If he is too hurt by the time his yearly vacation is over, then it would be a good idea to push the next Wrestlemania as his last but the WWE needs to build it better than they did with the recent Triple H vs Undertaker feud.

Jura
05-08-2011, 04:33 PM
This thread has been...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/hollywoodh/george.jpg

HASNEY PLANTED!!

:shifty:

#BROKEN Hasney
05-08-2011, 04:39 PM
People always said my snarky pedanticness would come back to bite me :'(

BizarroKing
05-08-2011, 04:41 PM
I think he won't be back until Mania 28, then call it quits after that. Or he should rather, as he doesn't seem to be in the best of shape.

VSG
05-08-2011, 04:47 PM
This thread has been...

BATISTA BOMBED!!

Is that Sin Cara? I knew he would get buried sooner or later, but I didn't realise it was burial by BATISTA BOMB!

Triple Naitch
05-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Looks like Paul London. Fighting for first dibs on Melina.

Droford
05-08-2011, 07:55 PM
I would put money on him being done wrestling.

Jordan
05-08-2011, 08:57 PM
I would put money on him being done wrestling.

This is pro wrestling man, do you really think that The Undertaker would go out 19-0? He's not crippled, he just had one of the top matches of his career at Wrestlemania! Sure he's got his nagging injuries but the guy is steel and there is no way he would go out now.

I personally doubt that The Undertaker's last Wrestlemania will be 28. His last Wrestlemania should be the main event, and we all know Rock/Cena will be the main event at Wrestlemania 28. Although wouldn't it be interesting if WWE booked The Undertaker vs say Randy Orton at the event as well, and had it close the show over Rock/Cena? Would this be a horrible idea?

If he's really bad off I could see him taking off Wresltemania 28 but I doubt that will happen. I think he will go against a new star in a featured main event undercard match, perhaps The Miz, or maybe Sheamus if he does well. We also have the possibility for a return match with Triple H, which I honestly would be okay with seeing as how fucking good they were this year.

Mr. Pierre
05-08-2011, 09:56 PM
Chances are this won't happen, but I'd love for Taker to finish at WM30, beating Cena going 22-0.

Mr. JL
05-08-2011, 10:24 PM
If he's not coming back until WrestleMania and they don't plan on having him lose, then they need to go all out and get Lesnar. That would be beyond epic.

Or just let Jericho be #20.

Can you imagine if Lesnar decided to just knock the fuck out of The Undertaker instead of jobbing.

Seems like there was legit heat bcuz after Mania Brock was saying how The Undertaker said shit about a mutual "friend" and Lesnar said shit back.

Mr. JL
05-08-2011, 10:26 PM
^^

I'm not a mark, I swear...

#1-norm-fan
05-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Kennedy is the only young guy I wanted to see end the streak. Of course, if it were up to me, he wouldn't have been fired, would have used that win and currently would be the top draw in the company.

Also, HBK should have ended it the second time. If we're going by what would have made for a good story. After HBK lost the second time, I officially was in "fuck the streak" mode.

DLVH84
05-09-2011, 01:14 AM
I believe it's to heal from the nagging injuries. When he's fully recovered, he'll be back. I guarantee it.

PorkSoda
05-09-2011, 07:46 AM
The Streak should never be broken. I think Taker should have one last match then retire. Even if his last match is a Fingerpoke Of Doom moment, it doesn't matter.

Schlomey
05-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Streak should never be broken. I hope he comes back for one final match.

Here is my booking:

HHH in the elimination chamber and wins the WHC. Right before the show ends The Undertaker shocks the world by coming out on the ramp with his typical pyro and gives him the RIP sign. Leading into a final be all end all rematch inside HIAC and ending to both mens in ring career. Taker wins but disappears after the match never able to collect the WHC.

This would get HHH off tv for good and Taker could retire 20 and 0...and could always be used to get the HIAC over as "the match that ended 2 legends careers."

and also guarantees a fresh start for the WHC after WM season where they could do a tourney with the finals of the tourney at the next ppv..which i think would help the post mania PPV buyrate.

James Steele
05-09-2011, 11:41 AM
I always have wanted to see those 2 in a HIAC match since they are the 2 who define Hell in a Cell, but quit with this HHH retirement nonsense.

DAMN iNATOR
05-09-2011, 12:12 PM
This thread has been...

BATISTA BOMBED!!

Nope, can't ever happen again without the presence of http://www.tpww.net/forums/member.php?u=4923

Schlomey
05-09-2011, 12:48 PM
I always have wanted to see those 2 in a HIAC match since they are the 2 who define Hell in a Cell, but quit with this HHH retirement nonsense.

I personally don't want him to retire. However, you know he is going to and you know his role is cemented backstage. I just figure this match is a great "out" for both guys.

James Steele
05-09-2011, 01:49 PM
No. Triple H will end his career by defeating John Cena in an "I Quit" Match.

Schlomey
05-09-2011, 01:54 PM
ok

with HHH taking his new role supposedly very seriously I assume he will go out swinging but coming up short. Possibly to end Takers career right or possibly to upgrade a young guy he signs. Who knows. But your booking suggestion isn't out of the realm of reality of course.

#1-norm-fan
05-09-2011, 01:57 PM
No. Triple H will end his career by defeating John Cena in an "I Quit" Match.

This will happen in 2025 when Aurora gets engaged to John Cena and Triple H disapproves and offers to put his career on the line in exchange for his daughter's hand in marriage.

Attitude99
05-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Streak should never be broken. I hope he comes back for one final match.

Here is my booking:

HHH in the elimination chamber and wins the WHC. Right before the show ends The Undertaker shocks the world by coming out on the ramp with his typical pyro and gives him the RIP sign. Leading into a final be all end all rematch inside HIAC and ending to both mens in ring career. Taker wins but disappears after the match never able to collect the WHC.

This would get HHH off tv for good and Taker could retire 20 and 0...and could always be used to get the HIAC over as "the match that ended 2 legends careers."

and also guarantees a fresh start for the WHC after WM season where they could do a tourney with the finals of the tourney at the next ppv..which i think would help the post mania PPV buyrate.

Lovin The Idea, Put Mick Foley as Special Ref and we have a a huge match.

Jordan
05-10-2011, 04:38 PM
There is no contender right now for next years match, there will be though. And The Streak will continue.

The Naitch
05-12-2011, 03:40 PM
If he keeps the streak, they might as well have the next night's RAW dedicated to The Undertaker's Birthday live from Death Valley

IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLL